Am I wrong?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Col_Abrams #1 Posted 21 October 2014 - 07:03 AM

First Lieutenant

• 1753 battles

Hey guys,

just fought on Dead Rail in KV. Spawned in South and I immediately drove for cap and asked for support. One vehicle followed and fanned out right and the other 5 moved to contact up the West. They immediately engaged major opfor about the moment I hit base. Within about 30 seconds 2 opfor have rushed to base and I've whacked both. By this stage my support has gone, and it's become a 3 v 3 in the western area. I've moved off base and the by now dead 34 driver (see image) has gotten on radio abusing me for camping on base, calling me stupid, don't know how to drive heavy....the usual rants. I've proceded to kill another while my teammates have both been torched, it ends up KV v KV, I back into a hull down position and it becomes a brawl. I got him with about 100 dmg points left on my own tank all the while getting razzed on by this guy who even continues post-game. I check his profile and his an accomplished driver, about 55% overall WR and has a pretty big garage up to IS8. Anyway, got me rattled and I'm kinda doubting whether I did the wrong thing or right thing. I mean, we won, I got 4 but am I guilty of the same stuff we rant about here? If he'd been a 30% pub driver is just shake it off but his pedigree has made me second guess myself. He accused me of "spoiling the game be being a heavy camper" I replied with "if you're concerned about tactics get on radio early and help and don't just rage rant after you die". It got ugly...

Anyway, here's the details.

"They've got us surrounded again, the poor bastards..."
   Colonel Creighton W Abrams

Col_Abrams #2 Posted 21 October 2014 - 07:05 AM

First Lieutenant

• 1753 battles
Sorry, it was the VK driver...

CarvinMarvin #3 Posted 21 October 2014 - 07:22 AM

Captain

• 22631 battles
You got 4 with top gun from bottom tier, top damage and took the win and over 200XP over everyone else. You moved to the fight and won it for them. Honestly the VK should've done better, especially considering what the tier 5 medium put out. You did it right, they did it wrong.

e4gl3eye #4 Posted 21 October 2014 - 07:22 AM

Sergeant

• 4804 battles

Nope. You did the right thing as a KV-1. Wondering if you actually cap or just in the vicinity of cap? I will not cap, but I will be around in a KV-1, no speed to go anywhere else.

On whether VK should have done more... I dunno, I eat them for breakfast on my Tier 5 heavies, and now that I drive one, it is horrible as it is a support tank in a game where even front line tank want to play support, so you either move further back (which guarantees a loss) or scout for the team (and die) but give that small hope that what you did helped your team winning... But mostly you just die, team lose, and you cry in the corner...

Edited by e4gl3eye, 21 October 2014 - 07:25 AM.

Mehliveat #5 Posted 21 October 2014 - 07:22 AM

Captain

• 18150 battles
  • [DP]

In my view, rushing cap on Dead Rail isn't exactly a good idea.  Its too open, and people can easily reset the cap, and it just gives your position away.  People crossing the rails and going up the hills, can easily put one through and reset, people along the rails can do it as well.  The other thing is that there are usually a lot of campers on Dead Rail.  Rushing cap tends to force them to move, which you may not necessarily want.  You want the campers to stay exactly where they are till you pick off their team mates.  But capping mid game can be very useful in drawing out the enemies.  If you are down in health and numbers, its dangerous to try to hunt the enemies down.  They will see you before you see them, and put quite a few rounds though.

I think cap rush only really works on Falls, especially when every one is clustered around the bridge.  Its just too open and easy to reset in most other maps.

myTankScks #6 Posted 21 October 2014 - 07:23 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 19868 battles
Yes,you were wrong.I didnt read what you wrote.But i knew your wrong.:biggrin:

P0rcH #7 Posted 21 October 2014 - 07:38 AM

Sergeant

• 9391 battles

Looks like a spank rant to me, yeah ok u didn't do what is unexpected with ur tank but it worked,, he did little damage and imho was most prob more angry with himself than u but u copped it because it always easier to blame someone else for ur mistakes, I'm still learning , but I have ranted when a heavy has done something similar, but in the I made the mistake the got me killed not the other player,but hey it was a win for him to,he should have played smarter and adjusted his tatics, I've soaked up heaps of damage to keep the host occupied while a team mate caps. You do what you need to to win.

Short answer, no u were not wrong.

This is my tank. There are many like it but this one is mine. My tank is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my tank is useless. Without my tank I am useless. I must drive my tank true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy, who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will. Before God I swear this creed: my tank and myself are defenders of my country, we are the masters of my enemy, we are the saviors of my life. So be it, until there is no enemy, but peace. Amen.

CarvinMarvin #8 Posted 21 October 2014 - 07:42 AM

Captain

• 22631 battles

I just looked up his numbers myself. Only 22 games in the VK 30.02 for a 12 kill 19 death record. Put it down to struggling through a new line, and maybe being hung out to dry sometime in the previous few battles.

OP_Assassin #9 Posted 21 October 2014 - 07:45 AM

First Lieutenant

• 10016 battles

I always go on the western (since I drive no meds) and I think your support might have won the battle at the western area. However if the kv1 is stock then it's alright. The speed is horrifying then but still I think it helps out.

Of course many people rage, it's just a game, never take it too seriously such as going no life for better WR and stuff. A win is a win.

Col_Abrams #10 Posted 21 October 2014 - 07:47 AM

First Lieutenant

• 1753 battles
Thanks guys. I logged in just before and found a few more messages from him. I'm not responding. For the record I did rush straight towards cap from the start but was intending to pull up short. On the minimap I saw the other 5 on my West (left) side basically "shotgun" from spawn and flood to about halfway across the map. They had a meeting engagement in the middle to last third of the map and it was 5 v 5 whilst our area had 2 v 2. Once I got the 2 I sat on cap to force the campers out, they moved to contact across map towards me which presented my last 2 on that side with flank shots while I could brawl F2F. They missed their shots, I made mine count. Any KV drivers know these tenks are stronk but slow. And yeah, he rage ranted. Cheers!

OP_Assassin #11 Posted 21 October 2014 - 07:50 AM

First Lieutenant

• 10016 battles
Don't worry when you get to the kv1s it's the best t6 tank with the super IS gun.

shaquille12 #12 Posted 21 October 2014 - 08:04 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 8900 battles
Take a snapshot and hand it down to support, they probably will be chat banned

Col_Abrams #13 Posted 21 October 2014 - 08:21 AM

First Lieutenant

• 1753 battles

View Postshaquille12, on 21 October 2014 - 09:04 AM, said:

Take a snapshot and hand it down to support, they probably will be chat banned

Didn't think of that. Tanks, shaq.

RoneMok #14 Posted 21 October 2014 - 12:38 PM

Captain

• 24221 battles
  • [LORDS]

Dont take it to heart col.

Many sore losers out there... And many other sorts of people.

shaquille12 #15 Posted 21 October 2014 - 02:44 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 8900 battles

View PostCol_Abrams, on 21 October 2014 - 07:21 PM, said:

Didn't think of that. Tanks, shaq.

no worries mate, just remember play how you want, not by how others want you too :smile:

Artisto81 #16 Posted 21 October 2014 - 04:59 PM

Captain

• 8231 battles
Tovarisch, KV is a stronk tenk, and a win is still a win. Period.

"In Russia, they say I'm a Pole, in Poland they call me Russian".

“The German army is a machine, and machines can be broken!”— Konstantin Rokossovsky

Despreaux #17 Posted 21 October 2014 - 11:25 PM

Captain

• 9998 battles
Should keep in mind of sidescraping, adjust the angles for the enemies you face. Make it morr narrow for high pen guns and you can either be narrow or have a wider side arc

"Right or wrong, evil or good, but they still fight, without second thoughts they march up to the enemy, they dont hope to go home tommorow, their families are now their war brothers, every bullet they shoot, every lives they taken, every blood they spilt, did they give up? They'll never give up, for their flag they will fight, even if it means dying at cost, rather than die in vain, they'll fight for whats theirs, until the last blood drop, they are the soldiers of war" -war-

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users