Growing to love the T110e5

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

bushka #1 Posted 21 October 2014 - 02:45 AM

Captain

• Video Contributor
  • 30255 battles
  • [SURLY]

After initially being dissapointed in the tier 9 & 10 american heavy tanks i moved on to other lines.

The TD line is superb and really gives value for money but after caning away in hull down monsters like the t29 and the t32 i expected more of the same for my 10 million credit investment :)

Recently i began leveling the US Medium line and it taught me some harsh lessons.  It's made me far more patient and aware of the tactics needed in the game, angling, strafing and most important of all timing.

Fast forward to today when i went and played my t110e5 again after a bit of a hiatus and b00m.  I love it.  

The acceleration is like a top tier medium and though it caps out at 32kmh on the flat it gets there like a bat out of hell.  It has outstanding armour for a tank that can run as support to the mediums or get to a strongpoint first.

I basically went 7 out of 10 in standard games no toons and played it like a t20.  Only a t20 that can go hull down and smash on a flank.

It's rate of fire, its accuracy its traverse it's mobility.  It's one hell of a versatile tank.

So yeah i was a noob that thought he knew what he was doing.  Moral of the story, it's usually you not the tank.

WITH ONE MILLION VIEWS ON CHANNEL, 140+ VIDEOS AND WEEKLY LIVE STREAMS

CHECK IT OUT YOU WOMBATS

Dix_Neuf #2 Posted 21 October 2014 - 02:48 AM

First Lieutenant

• 10262 battles

Block Quote

So yeah i was a noob that thought he knew what he was doing.  Moral of the story, it's usually you not the tank.

+1

Despreaux #3 Posted 21 October 2014 - 03:24 AM

Captain

• 9998 battles
Every tank is a joy to drive, dont get me wrong but I know somewhere there is a WoT player that absolutely love and play the panthers bloody correctly, also goes to other quite hated tanks. Use it correctly and you will prove just how everyone is wrong about the tank, like the IS-8, when I had the IS-3 I thought of it like a downgrade but after using it, it is just absolutely fun. Being able to circle agile TDs and peek a booming many tanks off guard and trolling many with the spaced armor on its side. Yeah the feeling when you found your perfect tank

"Right or wrong, evil or good, but they still fight, without second thoughts they march up to the enemy, they dont hope to go home tommorow, their families are now their war brothers, every bullet they shoot, every lives they taken, every blood they spilt, did they give up? They'll never give up, for their flag they will fight, even if it means dying at cost, rather than die in vain, they'll fight for whats theirs, until the last blood drop, they are the soldiers of war" -war-

Chalks #4 Posted 21 October 2014 - 11:18 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 15385 battles

My E5 is statically my worst tank at 47% WR but it's the one I enjoy most. Since I bought it I've been off through the Russian meds and more recently the King Tiger and E75. Initially I hated the KT but loved it by the end. The E75 is a monster. When I go back to the E5 I will be much better because of the experience on those lines. It's a combo of both. A monster medium heavy.

That was a good run tonight bushka. 13 for 10 wins, 2 draws and the  loss where the team left us 4 on 2. That draw on Copperfield sticks in my craw though. 7852 hp and 5 kills we got. The rest of the team got 2786 hp and one kill between them. They all died and left us alone against 5 and we draw because the KV-3 ran and hid. I can't believe you didn't try to hunt him down in your doom turtle. Enjoyed much.

bushka #5 Posted 21 October 2014 - 07:44 PM

Captain

• Video Contributor
  • 30255 battles
  • [SURLY]
Was a ball, I think your right e5 is great fun just not dominant.

Costs bloody heaps running it!

CHECK IT OUT YOU WOMBATS

Despreaux #6 Posted 21 October 2014 - 11:19 PM

Captain

• 9998 battles

Every tier 10 wields is like playing a high cost bet. On a bad match, prepare to lose considerable cash. On a good match you will get the oopposite

"Right or wrong, evil or good, but they still fight, without second thoughts they march up to the enemy, they dont hope to go home tommorow, their families are now their war brothers, every bullet they shoot, every lives they taken, every blood they spilt, did they give up? They'll never give up, for their flag they will fight, even if it means dying at cost, rather than die in vain, they'll fight for whats theirs, until the last blood drop, they are the soldiers of war" -war-

alphabroh #7 Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:50 AM

Sergeant

• 10543 battles
grinding for e5, tired of big fat slow e100 .
wanna try an agile tier x HT not is 7 though traverse, aim time and accuracy pisses me off

M8Tricks #8 Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:05 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 7593 battles

Srsly - how can you guys like that E5?

It could just be that I got on the bad end of a noob streak when I first got this tenk, and maybe its just me, but the E5 just seemed to lose what I liked in all the american heavies before it - the american heavy line peaks with the 32 for me... the 32 traded a little of the 29's impenetrable front for a better gun and improved mobility and the 103 traded a little more armour relative to its tier for a more mobility, but the 103 gave up its mobility and it didn't get much in return for the trade. Its not like it got just a little slower and then got an amazing alpha or DPM or pen, or it kept standard gun stats but got a significant armour boost, or lost even (dare I say it) its tumour had armour that was something like the E3...

The 103 is useless hull down because all of the maps with good hull down locations also expose the tumour, and it cant roam the streets and side scrape because most tanks can pen its chassis (even if it is just with gold, the result is the same).

Like bushka said when he started this thread, I was very disappointed by the E5, I cant see that changing in a hurry, I'm more likely to give up WOT blitz than I am to ever play that win rate destroying p.o.s. again.

I found nothing to like about this tank. 

Its true:

View Postbushka, on 21 October 2014 - 10:45 AM, said:

it's usually you not the tank.

But, I'd take that a step further to say that due to historical game style, personal character and a person's playing habits, that some tanks will fit better than others... butfor me, the best fit for this tank is on the end of my gun sight with my lead in its tumour or in the side of its turret, or straight through its glacis

WoT Blitz - :Legend of BBIC

But if two tier IX flank - its all over - I'm gonna sit at home and flank while watching pron - and the best flanking shoes? Someone else's Nikes obviously

If you see Tricks and Dix in a plat, just adopt a BBIC playstyle, you can't win - leave your shoes next to your tank, we'll collect them after the game.

KodaK #9 Posted 26 October 2014 - 10:55 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 2574 battles
You do realize that the e5 in PC (or any tank for that matter) shines better when you have your crew decked out properly with 3 or 4 skills each, something we don't have here... Yet

bushka #10 Posted 26 October 2014 - 11:02 AM

Captain

• Video Contributor
  • 30255 battles
  • [SURLY]
Run it like medium and never stop moving.

CHECK IT OUT YOU WOMBATS

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users