German Tier VIII HT or MT?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

ahmethtut #1 Posted 20 October 2014 - 03:07 PM

Corporal

• 4620 battles

Like most tankers with 1500+ battles, I finally got enough XP on my Panther to get to tier VIII.

And it seems there are 2 choices:

Choice 1: The Tiger II, HT

Choice 2: The Panther II, MT

I have difficulty choosing which tank, so I ask to the Panther experts of WoT.

Attack!

Tanks in Garage: Tiger II, L.Tr., Pz. II, Pz. 38 nA, VK 30.01 P, Hetzer, LTP, M3 Light, KV-1, Fury, Convenator

Researched: Panther II

OP_Assassin #2 Posted 20 October 2014 - 07:30 PM

First Lieutenant

• 10016 battles

Not an expert but pretty sure I would take the tiger due to great angling armor and decent gun.

It also leads to some massive beasts :P

bushka #3 Posted 20 October 2014 - 08:50 PM

Captain

• Video Contributor
  • 30255 battles
  • [SURLY]
I actually wish if gone the panther route for my medium line.  The guys I see that can really drive a panther tear it up,

Tigers still great.

WITH ONE MILLION VIEWS ON CHANNEL, 140+ VIDEOS AND WEEKLY LIVE STREAMS

CHECK IT OUT YOU WOMBATS

Despreaux #4 Posted 20 October 2014 - 11:25 PM

Captain

• 9998 battles
Tiger 2 demands a more frontline kind of play, while being able to bounce many shoots up front when very angled, its side and rear is just 80mm making sidescraping only at a stsep angle. Its turret can be easily penetrated on the frontal cheeks  so be careful. The panther II demands a much more support kind of playstyle and can act as a medium tank destroyer as its gun has decent RoF and great penetration. Its gun also serves to being able to knock out heavies from up front. However you must be careful as this tank is rather large and slightly less mobile than other meds of its tier. 

"Right or wrong, evil or good, but they still fight, without second thoughts they march up to the enemy, they dont hope to go home tommorow, their families are now their war brothers, every bullet they shoot, every lives they taken, every blood they spilt, did they give up? They'll never give up, for their flag they will fight, even if it means dying at cost, rather than die in vain, they'll fight for whats theirs, until the last blood drop, they are the soldiers of war" -war-

ravagerxxx #5 Posted 20 October 2014 - 11:56 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 17742 battles
  • [RL]
quite simple really, if u choose panther 2 (which is a rubbish tank, trust me),u only play it to get E50/50M. if u choose tiger 2, it will be more rewarding in my opinion, since it not bad (well less superior than IS-3, but can dealt with one if u play it well). also after that u'll get E-75, one of the best heavies in the game. and E-100 is not bad as well, it depends on ur stile of play really

if anyone ask, her name is

zero

Despreaux #6 Posted 20 October 2014 - 11:58 PM

Captain

• 9998 battles
The panther 2 doesnt suck at all however most people find it difficult to coach out however played correctly and it is a devastating tank indeed. The Tiger 2 is equal to tue IS-3 like all of them are.

"Right or wrong, evil or good, but they still fight, without second thoughts they march up to the enemy, they dont hope to go home tommorow, their families are now their war brothers, every bullet they shoot, every lives they taken, every blood they spilt, did they give up? They'll never give up, for their flag they will fight, even if it means dying at cost, rather than die in vain, they'll fight for whats theirs, until the last blood drop, they are the soldiers of war" -war-

shaquille12 #7 Posted 21 October 2014 - 01:11 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 8900 battles
I'd go for tiger 2 purely coz there are whingers who say they are bad tank to drive, though tiger 2 is not the best heavy for its tier out there.

M8Tricks #8 Posted 21 October 2014 - 01:34 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 7593 battles
It depends in your play style. P2 is a tricky tank to master, it requires good understanding of how the game moves, and isn't as forgiving as. Heavy tank like the tiger 2 - e75 line.
I chose the p2 first because the fast moving style sounded appealing, but it's only after i had gotten the Russian and American medium lines that I started to understand the p2. It's a good tank, but not one to learn on - it can be very frustrating!
If I had my time again, I would choose the tiger 2, it's a good tank to learn in, can play sniping roles as well as help lead a heavy push, and it leads to the e75 (which is an absolute beast!).

If you have a lot of experience in medium tanks already, then I'd suggest going the p2 line. It leads to the e50 and e50m - personally two of my favourite tanks. But your win rate is very likely to suffer if you go the p2 route without an ingrained knowledge of medium play.
The p2 is less forgiving than the similar tier American and Russian line tanks...

WoT Blitz - :Legend of BBIC

But if two tier IX flank - its all over - I'm gonna sit at home and flank while watching pron - and the best flanking shoes? Someone else's Nikes obviously

If you see Tricks and Dix in a plat, just adopt a BBIC playstyle, you can't win - leave your shoes next to your tank, we'll collect them after the game.

M8Tricks #9 Posted 21 October 2014 - 01:35 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 7593 battles
Less forgiving, but still great fun to play. Now that I understand mediums, I am spending a lot more time in my p2. Problem is, it's difficult to recover a low win rate if you use it as a 'learning' tank...

But if two tier IX flank - its all over - I'm gonna sit at home and flank while watching pron - and the best flanking shoes? Someone else's Nikes obviously

If you see Tricks and Dix in a plat, just adopt a BBIC playstyle, you can't win - leave your shoes next to your tank, we'll collect them after the game.

Despreaux #10 Posted 21 October 2014 - 03:19 AM

Captain

• 9998 battles
The german med line is pretty much for the hardened players, as it is not forgiving to newbies as it just cant afford mistakes without getting a shell in its hull. Played correctly and it is a terrifying yet deadly pest 

ACE_N4X_Toby #11 Posted 21 October 2014 - 12:16 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 33367 battles
  • [JROMX]

Reventer... 

Do u play on pc? 

Cuz i found out that u dont have panther II in blitz...

imo , panther 2 is really pain in a__

Esp when u compared to T44 or pershing , which can do everything fine (if not better) as the panther II does 

And they typically perform better in some other scenarios

Eg T44 with its speed and low silhouette is best for circling to the death,  while P2 can be frustrating in the sense that its shot keep bouncing because you cannot aim the weak spots with the awful gun depression (but panther II has great speed)

Pershing can do the hilly peekaboo trick, which panther can never do that 

ravagerxxx #12 Posted 21 October 2014 - 01:25 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 17742 battles
  • [RL]

sorry if i insult P2 to much, but honestly P2 is really rubbish in blitz. it maybe decent in the pc version, but in blitz, P2 is far less superior than T-44 and pershing. well last week my P2 win rate is 62%, but somehow i when i try to play it recently i always got beat up in the process, my win rate now is only 59% with P2. if u play P2, u cant afford to make a mistake at all, since one mistake will punish u, and trust me, it will punish u hard.

P2 fear factor is also pretty low in my mind, since a good player playing IS or even KV-1s will have no problem to duel with u 1 vs 1. sorry P2 if i insult u to much XD

if anyone ask, her name is

zero

ACE_N4X_Toby #13 Posted 21 October 2014 - 01:37 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 33367 battles
  • [JROMX]
Should have put P2 to tier 7, it doesnt deserve to be tier 8 lol

shaquille12 #14 Posted 21 October 2014 - 02:14 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 8900 battles

View Postcchn4, on 21 October 2014 - 11:16 PM, said:

Reventer... 

Do u play on pc? 

Esp when u compared to T44 or pershing , which can do everything fine (if not better) as the panther II does 

Eg T44 with its speed and low silhouette is best for circling to the death,  while P2 can be frustrating in the sense that its shot keep bouncing because you cannot aim the weak spots with the awful gun depression (but panther II has great speed)

I think he is, coz I searched him up

ACE_N4X_Toby #15 Posted 21 October 2014 - 02:23 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 33367 battles
  • [JROMX]

Seriously, just got mastery of P2 again, with only 1272 exp needed.

I think that says it all  

Despreaux #16 Posted 21 October 2014 - 11:57 PM

Captain

• 9998 battles

View Postcchn4, on 21 October 2014 - 07:16 PM, said:

Reventer... 

Do u play on pc? 

Well i used to play in pc when i was young, used to be a casual player in PC. But then i build up my skills from watching pro video commentaries and also checking the wiki for almost all tanks. I used to have my panther but i used it to get to the Tiger 2 as i have been fond of it for a while. Now i have the E75  and planning to get the panther again when im done with the russian meds and german heavies (T-54 and E75 on those line) a friend convinced me for the russian heavy line 1 so i now have a IS-7 in hand and planning for those two lines first. Yes the panther is more to a support role and should engage combat from long distances and should pull out once being shoot at. Its very good on pen to deal with many tanks of its tier. However the new maps enable it to snipe effectively. 

M8Tricks #17 Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:01 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 7593 battles

View Postcchn4, on 21 October 2014 - 10:23 PM, said:

Seriously, just got mastery of P2 again, with only 1272 exp needed.

I think that says it all  

Not exactly... mastery comes from the exp you earn in a battle, not the total damage.

I notice from your stats that you had a max exp for the P2 of 1969 (i'm guessing thats one of the battles you got Ace from)... but you got ace in the T34 with a max exp of only 1909... and even though its a heavy you have only 300hp more average damage than the P2.

Each tank plays differently. You obviously got additional exp from other sources, tracking, spotting etc. I'm curious to see a breakdown of the exp for that battle... Would you say your more recent win rate for the P2 is higher than for your earlier win rate? You obviously have found out how to use it...

And I bet you dislike the german TD line more than you dislike the German medium line? :blinky:

Having said that, I need to spend a whole lot more time in my P2 to get its average win rate above 50% - it looks like its going to be a bit of a struggle. But I'm looking forward to honing my skills.

Mehliveat #18 Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:35 AM

Captain

• 18150 battles
  • [DP]

View PostM8Tricks, on 22 October 2014 - 01:01 PM, said:

I notice from your stats that you had a max exp for the P2 of 1969 (i'm guessing thats one of the battles you got Ace from)... but you got ace in the T34 with a max exp of only 1909... and even though its a heavy you have only 300hp more average damage than the P2.

Note that the exp showing on the tank stat page is inclusive of premium, while the calculation of Mastery excludes premium.

ACE_N4X_Toby #19 Posted 22 October 2014 - 07:17 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 33367 battles
  • [JROMX]

Yes i just got rid off of my P2 last night 

And i finally manage to pull its WR from 4X back to 51 lol 

And for T34 , IMO, u need to account for its reload as well lol 

And it takes around 1500 something to get a M for t34 

While it only takes 12XX to get a M on P2 , which honestly is the lowest i have seen among tier 9 

And indeed u r right, i figured out how to use P2 properly 

For me, that is always go along with E75 or TD , never go for flank route along, but flank the heavy in front of their face (not aiming for damage, just distraction lol ) and use ur fellow as meatshield 

Thats how i got P2 mastery 

ahmethtut #20 Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:11 PM

Corporal

• 4620 battles
Well I read all of your replies. I couldn't choose what was best, so I chose both! :trollface::trollface:

Attack!

Tanks in Garage: Tiger II, L.Tr., Pz. II, Pz. 38 nA, VK 30.01 P, Hetzer, LTP, M3 Light, KV-1, Fury, Convenator

Researched: Panther II

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users