Jump to content


Cowardice pays well?


  • Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Mehliveat #21 Posted 20 October 2014 - 10:27 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 18150 battles
  • 2,046
  • [DP]
  • Member since:
    06-27-2014

View PostRoneMok, on 21 October 2014 - 12:36 AM, said:

 

 

Careful here comrade. Cos the borders to the line of cowardice and strategy is very super thin. 

 

One wrong move on your part may let others call you names cos they dont undrstd how you work.

 

At least your explanation here is sound enough for me as a strategy.

 

In my post above, its mainly referring to playing mediums on Middleburg and Desert Sands, where mediums duels it out in the open.  These duels tends to end up in a 1:1 shot trading.  I remember a game on MIddleburg, where me in the T20, and an enemy T20 were the only mediums in the game and only tanks on the hill.  We essentially play peek a boom til I was dead, we were trading shots 1:1, you can't flank, you can't bounce shots, and its bloody hard to hit anything critical in a fast moving T20.  I lost because he had adrenaline to boost his last reload, so he got his last shot in before me.  Mind you, he was down to his last 100HP as well.

 

Now, extend this to a 2v2 or 3v3 duel between mediums, and take Desert Sands as an example.  People tend to go down the gully and charge along there, and often duel it out peek a boom style around one of the rocks there.  If you attempt to climb out of the gully and loop around the rocks, then hit from there, you will probably get hit by all of their tanks at once.  If you stayed out of the gully and played in the mid fields, then attempt to do a bigger flank from the rear.  You need to be sure that your team mate can survive the peek and boom at the rocks for long enough.  Either way, you can tweak the strategies to improve your chances, but at the end of the day, if the enemies are decent, you will just be trading shots til one of you is dead.  So the focus comes back on your team mates.

 

I have had good team mates where we can do continuous fire as we alternated covering each other's reload.  But more of than not, you get useless team mates, and quite often you don't notice it till the end of the match.  I can be doing exact same alternating peek and boom with a tank, thinking we are doing alright, but at the end of the game this tank did next to no damage.  Or worse, if I take the lead across, the idiot will block my retreat.  Therefore I have started to value my HP more than my team mates, because more often than not, I can't count on them.

 

However, on maps such as the Mines, I will be flying off to the centre hill and try to secure it once the game starts.  (Provided that I am not in a turtle of a medium such as the Panther)

 

Oh, as to name calling, who gives a crap.  No point in going YOLO and die, and without WN8 at the start of the match, you can't tell whether you can rely on your team mates or not.  I even had times where I charged down the gully, only to find the 2 other mediums behind me climbing the hill.  Leaving me alone against 3 mediums.  So you have to play it smart, use your team mates as meat shields if you have to.  In cases where I notice the team climbing the hill, I will go to the mid fields, stay between the dunes.  Wait for the enemies mediums to charge through the gully and spot the camping mediums.  Then I flank them from behind.

 

Finally, camping is not the answer to useless team mates.  Use them as a distraction, as cannon fodder, or lure the enemies in to the camp sites etc etc.

 



Despreaux #22 Posted 20 October 2014 - 11:20 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 9998 battles
  • 2,098
  • Member since:
    11-24-2012
You can exit the gully and strike from above without getting hit nor swarmed, this is extremely essential for defeating a HT on a 1 vs 1 there. When the enemy have meds there its best to have a medium team mate to do necessary distraction and while the team mate above the gully can shoot. 

"Right or wrong, evil or good, but they still fight, without second thoughts they march up to the enemy, they dont hope to go home tommorow, their families are now their war brothers, every bullet they shoot, every lives they taken, every blood they spilt, did they give up? They'll never give up, for their flag they will fight, even if it means dying at cost, rather than die in vain, they'll fight for whats theirs, until the last blood drop, they are the soldiers of war" -war-


Mehliveat #23 Posted 20 October 2014 - 11:46 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 18150 battles
  • 2,046
  • [DP]
  • Member since:
    06-27-2014

View Postreventer, on 21 October 2014 - 10:20 AM, said:

You can exit the gully and strike from above without getting hit nor swarmed, this is extremely essential for defeating a HT on a 1 vs 1 there. When the enemy have meds there its best to have a medium team mate to do necessary distraction and while the team mate above the gully can shoot. 

 

I think the key point is the necessary distraction.  Coming from above the gully means that you are in the open, and you are more prone to getting hit.  Above the gully also means that the enemy snipers might be able to get you as well.  (Mind you, I have been playing the Panther lately with its piss poor gun depression, my current thinking is to avoid coming from above the gully.)  Back in the T20 with some actual depression, I will some time advance along the edge of the gully, then see how it pans out, don't like the slow climb out of the gully.

 

Personally I am not that concerned if its 1:1 even against a heavy.  My issue is with multiple targets and whether the team mates can be relied upon, and how to best handle the situation if the team is a tad on the useless side.


Edited by Mehliveat, 20 October 2014 - 11:48 PM.


Despreaux #24 Posted 21 October 2014 - 12:00 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 9998 battles
  • 2,098
  • Member since:
    11-24-2012
I meant on the bare edge of the gully however still in the gully. Its a good place to make good use of allied distraction or even making your own distraction

"Right or wrong, evil or good, but they still fight, without second thoughts they march up to the enemy, they dont hope to go home tommorow, their families are now their war brothers, every bullet they shoot, every lives they taken, every blood they spilt, did they give up? They'll never give up, for their flag they will fight, even if it means dying at cost, rather than die in vain, they'll fight for whats theirs, until the last blood drop, they are the soldiers of war" -war-


Mehliveat #25 Posted 21 October 2014 - 12:12 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 18150 battles
  • 2,046
  • [DP]
  • Member since:
    06-27-2014
Ok, but that's essentially peek and booming from the other side of the rock.  Good for a semi flank, but against a decent enemy they will have one medium cover the lower peek and boom, and the other cover the upper peak and boom.  Which result in a similar 1:1 trading of shots.

Despreaux #26 Posted 21 October 2014 - 12:44 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 9998 battles
  • 2,098
  • Member since:
    11-24-2012
Shouldnt be done while 1 on 1 however is very useful when 2 on 2 where both grabs their attention and shoot them before they know it. By doing this both of the team mates that do this may eventually get no damage at all. Especially if the enemy decide concentrative fire at one target where the boomer can hit them both freely and get back when thy are looking to him while the one on the edge shoot them again.

"Right or wrong, evil or good, but they still fight, without second thoughts they march up to the enemy, they dont hope to go home tommorow, their families are now their war brothers, every bullet they shoot, every lives they taken, every blood they spilt, did they give up? They'll never give up, for their flag they will fight, even if it means dying at cost, rather than die in vain, they'll fight for whats theirs, until the last blood drop, they are the soldiers of war" -war-


RoneMok #27 Posted 21 October 2014 - 01:12 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 24221 battles
  • 1,778
  • [LORDS]
  • Member since:
    08-28-2014

View PostMehliveat, on 21 October 2014 - 06:27 AM, said:

 

In my post above, its mainly referring to playing mediums on Middleburg and Desert Sands, where mediums duels it out in the open.  These duels tends to end up in a 1:1 shot trading.  I remember a game on MIddleburg, where me in the T20, and an enemy T20 were the only mediums in the game and only tanks on the hill.  We essentially play peek a boom til I was dead, we were trading shots 1:1, you can't flank, you can't bounce shots, and its bloody hard to hit anything critical in a fast moving T20.  I lost because he had adrenaline to boost his last reload, so he got his last shot in before me.  Mind you, he was down to his last 100HP as well.

 

Now, extend this to a 2v2 or 3v3 duel between mediums, and take Desert Sands as an example.  People tend to go down the gully and charge along there, and often duel it out peek a boom style around one of the rocks there.  If you attempt to climb out of the gully and loop around the rocks, then hit from there, you will probably get hit by all of their tanks at once.  If you stayed out of the gully and played in the mid fields, then attempt to do a bigger flank from the rear.  You need to be sure that your team mate can survive the peek and boom at the rocks for long enough.  Either way, you can tweak the strategies to improve your chances, but at the end of the day, if the enemies are decent, you will just be trading shots til one of you is dead.  So the focus comes back on your team mates.

 

I have had good team mates where we can do continuous fire as we alternated covering each other's reload.  But more of than not, you get useless team mates, and quite often you don't notice it till the end of the match.  I can be doing exact same alternating peek and boom with a tank, thinking we are doing alright, but at the end of the game this tank did next to no damage.  Or worse, if I take the lead across, the idiot will block my retreat.  Therefore I have started to value my HP more than my team mates, because more often than not, I can't count on them.

 

However, on maps such as the Mines, I will be flying off to the centre hill and try to secure it once the game starts.  (Provided that I am not in a turtle of a medium such as the Panther)

 

Oh, as to name calling, who gives a crap.  No point in going YOLO and die, and without WN8 at the start of the match, you can't tell whether you can rely on your team mates or not.  I even had times where I charged down the gully, only to find the 2 other mediums behind me climbing the hill.  Leaving me alone against 3 mediums.  So you have to play it smart, use your team mates as meat shields if you have to.  In cases where I notice the team climbing the hill, I will go to the mid fields, stay between the dunes.  Wait for the enemies mediums to charge through the gully and spot the camping mediums.  Then I flank them from behind.

 

Finally, camping is not the answer to useless team mates.  Use them as a distraction, as cannon fodder, or lure the enemies in to the camp sites etc etc.

 

 

thanks mehliveat, I learnt somethings here.

 

my victory rate should improve soon, I hope, when there's less not helpful team mates around.



shaquille12 #28 Posted 21 October 2014 - 02:30 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 8900 battles
  • 486
  • Member since:
    06-27-2014

View Postreventer, on 21 October 2014 - 11:44 AM, said:

Shouldnt be done while 1 on 1 however is very useful when 2 on 2 where both grabs their attention and shoot them before they know it. By doing this both of the team mates that do this may eventually get no damage at all. Especially if the enemy decide concentrative fire at one target where the boomer can hit them both freely and get back when thy are looking to him while the one on the edge shoot them again.

 

yep absolutely agree with you, it works really well with 2vs2 especially t54 and e50 combo. Dark night and I battle it out at the edge and manage to kill enemies with little or no damage at all

Despreaux #29 Posted 21 October 2014 - 11:33 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 9998 battles
  • 2,098
  • Member since:
    11-24-2012
Yeah, platoon for this is great. However we all pray for the town team to stay alive and not yolo until we flank the enemies. In desert sands the main ways to win is pretty much to be advancing on one side and protecting the other then do a concentrated advance once one side has the upper hand

"Right or wrong, evil or good, but they still fight, without second thoughts they march up to the enemy, they dont hope to go home tommorow, their families are now their war brothers, every bullet they shoot, every lives they taken, every blood they spilt, did they give up? They'll never give up, for their flag they will fight, even if it means dying at cost, rather than die in vain, they'll fight for whats theirs, until the last blood drop, they are the soldiers of war" -war-


Artisto81 #30 Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:18 AM

    Captain

  • Moderator
  • 8231 battles
  • 2,104
  • Member since:
    07-19-2014

View Postreventer, on 22 October 2014 - 06:33 AM, said:

Yeah, platoon for this is great. However we all pray for the town team to stay alive and not yolo until we flank the enemies. In desert sands the main ways to win is pretty much to be advancing on one side and protecting the other then do a concentrated advance once one side has the upper hand
 
 

 

Yeah, agree. But it depend to the situation. If your team only have heavy tanks and tank destroyer, you better be playing it out defensively, one or 2 tanks guarding the

entrance to the town near the end of the rail road, while the others play peek and shoot while using building as cover near the cap area.


Edited by Artisto81, 22 October 2014 - 02:20 AM.

"In Russia, they say I'm a Pole, in Poland they call me Russian".

“The German army is a machine, and machines can be broken!”— Konstantin Rokossovsky

 


_dr_ #31 Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:43 AM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 6939 battles
  • 28
  • Member since:
    07-04-2014
I Didn't Know if I Had THe right to comments Here since me Too a Noob myself. But according to me There're only a thin hair line split between cowardice and strategist, between stupidity and bravery, between madness and geniusess in driving and manuvering THe tank. At least Thats a little bit of what I Could Remember from my Grandfather notice Since he was a former real tanker. Sorry for my bad English anyway. Since everyone Had their own Style of Play me think we shouldn't prejudice others just because he/she plays differently from our mind. Thats just I.M.H.O. So CMIIW OK guys. Any help Would be appreciated LOL.  :arta:
The tankers creed : "If u running out of power, become a pillbox; running out of ammo, become a bunker; running out of time, become heroes.................................................................................."

shaquille12 #32 Posted 22 October 2014 - 05:03 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 8900 battles
  • 486
  • Member since:
    06-27-2014

View PostDr_Antariksa, on 22 October 2014 - 02:43 PM, said:

I Didn't Know if I Had THe right to comments Here since me Too a Noob myself. But according to me There're only a thin hair line split between cowardice and strategist, between stupidity and bravery, between madness and geniusess in driving and manuvering THe tank. At least Thats a little bit of what I Could Remember from my Grandfather notice Since he was a former real tanker. Sorry for my bad English anyway. Since everyone Had their own Style of Play me think we shouldn't prejudice others just because he/she plays differently from our mind. Thats just I.M.H.O. So CMIIW OK guys. Any help Would be appreciated LOL.  :arta:

Welcome to the great world of forums dude, where everyone has a doctorate in tank combats haha. But any ways your a pro man, I've seen u fight!



Artisto81 #33 Posted 22 October 2014 - 06:10 AM

    Captain

  • Moderator
  • 8231 battles
  • 2,104
  • Member since:
    07-19-2014

View PostDr_Antariksa, on 22 October 2014 - 10:43 AM, said:

I Didn't Know if I Had THe right to comments Here since me Too a Noob myself. But according to me There're only a thin hair line split between cowardice and strategist, between stupidity and bravery, between madness and geniusess in
driving and manuvering THe tank. At least Thats a
little bit of what I Could Remember from my Grandfather notice Since he was a former real tanker. Sorry for my bad English anyway. Since
everyone Had their own Style of Play me think we shouldn't prejudice others just because he/she plays differently from our mind. Thats just
I.M.H.O. So CMIIW OK guys. Any help Would be appreciated LOL.  :arta:

 

Agree with you, and in real life too. We share a same profession, so you must know that we must deal with many kind of people in our real life, and team works is also very important if you want to survive. That is very much the same in this game


Edited by Artisto81, 22 October 2014 - 06:12 AM.

"In Russia, they say I'm a Pole, in Poland they call me Russian".

“The German army is a machine, and machines can be broken!”— Konstantin Rokossovsky

 


Despreaux #34 Posted 22 October 2014 - 06:25 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 9998 battles
  • 2,098
  • Member since:
    11-24-2012
Welcome to the forums where sometimes we may go off topic on threads consistently lol. But yeah welcome

"Right or wrong, evil or good, but they still fight, without second thoughts they march up to the enemy, they dont hope to go home tommorow, their families are now their war brothers, every bullet they shoot, every lives they taken, every blood they spilt, did they give up? They'll never give up, for their flag they will fight, even if it means dying at cost, rather than die in vain, they'll fight for whats theirs, until the last blood drop, they are the soldiers of war" -war-


Mehliveat #35 Posted 22 October 2014 - 06:51 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 18150 battles
  • 2,046
  • [DP]
  • Member since:
    06-27-2014

View PostDr_Antariksa, on 22 October 2014 - 02:43 PM, said:

I Didn't Know if I Had THe right to comments Here since me Too a Noob myself. But according to me There're only a thin hair line split between cowardice and strategist, between stupidity and bravery, between madness and geniusess in driving and manuvering THe tank. At least Thats a little bit of what I Could Remember from my Grandfather notice Since he was a former real tanker. Sorry for my bad English anyway. Since everyone Had their own Style of Play me think we shouldn't prejudice others just because he/she plays differently from our mind. Thats just I.M.H.O. So CMIIW OK guys. Any help Would be appreciated LOL.  :arta:

 

i find it hard to discuss strategies at times, it really depends on each individual game, too many permutations.  Some times luck is on your side, and you flank around and pick up the enemies with your heavies still holding the line.  Other times that you decide to stay around the heavies and just cover the flanks, then find an IS8 charging towards my puny little Panther.

 

Taking my example above of being a medium on Desert Sands or Middleburg.  I try to let another medium to take the lead if it looks like its a balanced 2v2 or 3v3 duel.  But if our mediums out number their mediums, or if our mediums are higher tier than the enemies.  I'll charge right into it and try to finish the enemy mediums off ASAP, because if the mediums got the upper hand in numbers/tiers, it means our heavies/TD will get swarmed.  Vice versa, if the mediums is out gunned, then its just a holding action, and hope the heavies can do the job then come assist us, or at the very least give the heavies as much time before they get flanked.  It really depends.

 

 


Edited by Mehliveat, 22 October 2014 - 06:55 AM.


RoneMok #36 Posted 22 October 2014 - 07:23 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 24221 battles
  • 1,778
  • [LORDS]
  • Member since:
    08-28-2014

View PostDr_Antariksa, on 22 October 2014 - 11:43 AM, said:

I Didn't Know if I Had THe right to comments Here since me Too a Noob myself. But according to me There're only a thin hair line split between cowardice and strategist, between stupidity and bravery, between madness and geniusess in driving and manuvering THe tank. At least Thats a little bit of what I Could Remember from my Grandfather notice Since he was a former real tanker. Sorry for my bad English anyway. Since everyone Had their own Style of Play me think we shouldn't prejudice others just because he/she plays differently from our mind. Thats just I.M.H.O. So CMIIW OK guys. Any help Would be appreciated LOL.  :arta:

 

Dont worry so much, forum friend, everybody starts somewhere.

 

Everybody has their own way of doing things.

 

Now start talking more so that we can learn your clever ways and of course also your noob ways... Hahaha.... Just kidding.

 

But seriously, contribute so we all can learn and improve.



RoneMok #37 Posted 16 January 2015 - 08:58 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 24221 battles
  • 1,778
  • [LORDS]
  • Member since:
    08-28-2014
 
 

 

I have no solid proof, no photos to show, no witnesses.

 

Have you ever wondered, after a long hard battle, you check the profile of the players and you discovered....!!!

 

What the bloody heck, you remembered bloody clearly that the particular player was staying at the back line almost all the way and could justify earning the status of a coward or a camper, and yet the profile is one of a hero/ine.

 

I found a 3 H formula.....

 

Hide and snipe... Dont go front line. The front lines are for Heroes. So the song goes... Billy dont be a hero, dont give your life away...Billy dont be a hero, come back to me....

 

Hold your Fire.... You can shoot all you want in the beginning cos you need the score to show too. But near the end of the enemy's life, Hold your Fire till your team mate has done almost all the damage.

 

Hit with all you've got... Now that your team mate has sacrificed, or the enemy is nearly dead, now's the time to steal the kill. Dont worry, it happens all the time on Discovery Channel.... The matings, the survival, the Hyenas stealing the kills from the lions and vice versa etc.

 

I guess it's normal.... Or is it only happens to some smart aleck?



iB055 #38 Posted 16 January 2015 - 09:17 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 18594 battles
  • 1,885
  • [STORM]
  • Member since:
    07-05-2014
My take on this : i simply hate anyone thats in capable tank and chooses to skip the action, only to pop up later on steal someone's hard earned kill. Ive seen e100s go with the mediums, and get cod... and killed. Ive seen mediums try to snipe from spawn, and get flanked...and killed. Ive seen tds stay as far away from the action as possible and tell you that they are "sniping" when you ask for help, and they get butt touched by a medium...and killed. Do you see the pattern here? Each class of tank has a designated role in the battlefield, victory is only possible if each player pulls their own weight to the fullest. Each player has to understand, and carry out their task in their tanks. Ronemok may have realised that being a pussy is good for his stats, but is it good for his team?

Dix_Neuf #39 Posted 16 January 2015 - 09:47 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 10262 battles
  • 529
  • Member since:
    06-27-2014

Hanging back after observing allied inaction doesn't always turn out so bad. Pimp (IS-6 or Tiger II) and I (Jag8.8) were in Rockfield at the South spawn. The Heavies apart from Pimp picked those rocks overlooking the base and I think the only Medium climbed one of the small hills; nowhere near close enough to spot anything. I climbed the big hill with the tabletop - something I stopped doing in Tier 5 or 6...

 

To our surprise the whole opfor came thundering along the top, past the bunkers and were caught out in the open. From there Pimp did a lot of tracking and penning, while the 8.8 barked out plenty of DPS. That alley was such a kill zone and what Pimp couldn't get at, I could.

 

And the rest we say, is history.



RoneMok #40 Posted 16 January 2015 - 10:14 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 24221 battles
  • 1,778
  • [LORDS]
  • Member since:
    08-28-2014

View PostiB055, on 16 January 2015 - 05:17 PM, said:

My take on this : i simply hate anyone thats in capable tank and chooses to skip the action, only to pop up later on steal someone's hard earned kill. Ive seen e100s go with the mediums, and get cod... and killed. Ive seen mediums try to snipe from spawn, and get flanked...and killed. Ive seen tds stay as far away from the action as possible and tell you that they are "sniping" when you ask for help, and they get butt touched by a medium...and killed. Do you see the pattern here? Each class of tank has a designated role in the battlefield, victory is only possible if each player pulls their own weight to the fullest. Each player has to understand, and carry out their task in their tanks. Ronemok may have realised that being a pussy is good for his stats, but is it good for his team?

 

You've misundrstd.

 

The post is directed at campers driving big shielded tanks with heavy armour, or even snipers, too far away to contribute to the team.

 

Includes Part time players who dont know what is courage and skill and their part in the battle.

 

Definitely not directed at any of the active forumers and players here.

 

I always appreciate courageous players.

 

If anybody is looking for me in any battle, I am always situated around frontline, 90% of the time, no matter what I am driving.

 

Cos I think to get whacked in frontline early is better than a slow tortuous death when the enemy come down to play with your butt or cement shot by shot ... That's humiliating.


Edited by RoneMok, 16 January 2015 - 10:19 AM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users