Cowardice pays well?

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

RoneMok #1 Posted 20 October 2014 - 06:47 AM

Captain

• 24221 battles
  • [LORDS]

Read my speech and learn something.

After nearly 3,000 games, I have come to a conclusion.

I was very silly all these while, always at the front line, contact spear point, irregardless of my tier, fire power, distribution and armour. 

In my mind, there was always a nagging feeling that the team mates are sneering at me if I stayed a little longer near base.

So I learnt the hard way, my stats says it all, I was very often amongst the first to be killed at the front but I always tried to make sure I caused a lot of damage to the enemy, "protecting" those "less endowed" behind me. Trying to give them an easier time to eliminate the enemy.

As I played on, I undrstd the hands I played into. The enemies amongst us.

It pays to be a coward. Stay back and relax while your team mates work hard for you.

But I wont be giving in like this. Next time I see campers, I'll stay close to them so that the enemy can eliminate us together, hand in hand...hahaha.

Artisto81 #2 Posted 20 October 2014 - 06:50 AM

Captain

• 8231 battles
So that you become their camp mate? LOL

"In Russia, they say I'm a Pole, in Poland they call me Russian".

“The German army is a machine, and machines can be broken!”— Konstantin Rokossovsky

Despreaux #3 Posted 20 October 2014 - 07:03 AM

Captain

• 9998 battles

Wouldnt do that. I would try to encourage my team mates to go on by going in if it is all good do they pour in and help however I should wait for them to pour in so I dont die. Being a caword would effect far harder to your win rates, would make it far lower. In a fast paced game it is crucial that at least one should stand out and who knows the entire team get encouraged to fight. The cowards wouldnt stand a chance in war, victory belongs to the brave

"Right or wrong, evil or good, but they still fight, without second thoughts they march up to the enemy, they dont hope to go home tommorow, their families are now their war brothers, every bullet they shoot, every lives they taken, every blood they spilt, did they give up? They'll never give up, for their flag they will fight, even if it means dying at cost, rather than die in vain, they'll fight for whats theirs, until the last blood drop, they are the soldiers of war" -war-

The_Blackclaw #4 Posted 20 October 2014 - 07:41 AM

Corporal

• 32127 battles
  • [FOIL]

I second reventer's arguement, it is a fast paced game and it is crucial that at least one should stand out. <---- This is so very true! Many times I have witnessed a team mate break a stalemate by just charging forward, while spamming the SOS & attack buttons. The result being the rest of the team also pushes forward and we overwhelm the surprised enemy, this makes for great & exciting games.

Unfortunately there is always a flip side,  where your teammates are a bunch of a-holes who just sit back and watch you go up in flames... Often adding insults afterwards.

After 3000 games you should have a good enough "eye" to gauge what kind of group your with quite quickly. If its a good team go for the gold with them... If it's a bunch of cowardly campers, enjoy a nice sing along at the camp fire before the steel rain arrives.

Mehliveat #5 Posted 20 October 2014 - 07:43 AM

Captain

• 18150 battles
  • [DP]

I am not sure if its cowardice or not, but in the mediums that i have been playing, I try not to take the lead.  I let one of the others take it and support them from behind.  My theory is that if they are a lower tier medium, I can pump out more damage than them, so its probably better for the team if they take the hits first.  If they are a higher tier medium, my take is that I have trouble penning other higher tier mediums up front, so I let them take the lead, and support from behind.  I am selfish aren't I?

The thing is that if they are a decent player, it doesn't really matter if I take the lead or they take the lead.  They might get hit first, but I will take the 2nd shot right after them  But on the chance of them being complete noobs, its better for them to my meat shield.

Col_Abrams #6 Posted 20 October 2014 - 07:53 AM

First Lieutenant

• 1753 battles
It's heavy I call for help. If medium I tell a heavy I'm supporting. If a TD I call I'm sniping and ask for someone to scout. If you ask nicely up front sometimes magic happens. But you gotta be watching that minimap because you can end up alone...real fast.
"They've got us surrounded again, the poor bastards..."
   Colonel Creighton W Abrams

Despreaux #7 Posted 20 October 2014 - 08:00 AM

Captain

• 9998 battles

If you can pen them up front that is. What it is said there is an entire team that hides far back without even shooting back. Mediums not only stays back and snipe but they should also flank at chance and try to cause distractions. Also assassinating TDs that are behind their advance. You cant just stay there until your team dies while you shoot relentlessly. If you can cut some damagebto them by making a distraction and make them look back and forth as you shoot when they look away and your team can shoot him if they look at you. thus this will make utter confusion. Even if they try to rush to you your team may just take their ground and avenge you from there. Its not just sniping for meds 

"Right or wrong, evil or good, but they still fight, without second thoughts they march up to the enemy, they dont hope to go home tommorow, their families are now their war brothers, every bullet they shoot, every lives they taken, every blood they spilt, did they give up? They'll never give up, for their flag they will fight, even if it means dying at cost, rather than die in vain, they'll fight for whats theirs, until the last blood drop, they are the soldiers of war" -war-

Mehliveat #8 Posted 20 October 2014 - 08:09 AM

Captain

• 18150 battles
  • [DP]

View Postreventer, on 20 October 2014 - 07:00 PM, said:

cause distractions. 

Causing distractions is probably the most fun bit of being in a medium.  Flanking around, taking one shot each at the pack of enemy heavies/TD.  Just one shot, and make sure they know I am  there, and run like hell.  LOL.  Its fun.

And even if they don't chase, chances are they will take a look at you, and that means exposing the side of their turrets, or tanks to your heavies on the front.

shaquille12 #9 Posted 20 October 2014 - 08:43 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 8900 battles
It's funny when I was a med driver and used to rush in frontal combats, but since driving heavies with 60tons on it your win rate improves because you always arrive late to where all the action thus having no damage at all. Since enemies are on low health already with all the battering , I just clean the mess off 

Col_Abrams #10 Posted 20 October 2014 - 09:15 AM

First Lieutenant

• 1753 battles

View Postshaquille12, on 20 October 2014 - 09:43 AM, said:

It's funny when I was a med driver and used to rush in frontal combats, but since driving heavies with 60tons on it your win rate improves because you always arrive late to where all the action thus having no damage at all. Since enemies are on low health already with all the battering , I just clean the mess off 

and yet I still see medium drivers who forget that mobility is one of the three legs of power in an armoured vehicle and try to brawl...even 34 and A20 punks who attempt to slug it out...KV is stronk tenk and converts those slick little tubs into scrap.

CarvinMarvin #11 Posted 20 October 2014 - 09:27 AM

Captain

• 22631 battles

View PostCol_Abrams, on 20 October 2014 - 08:15 PM, said:

and yet I still see medium drivers who forget that mobility is one of the three legs of power in an armoured vehicle and try to brawl...even 34 and A20 punks who attempt to slug it out...KV is stronk tenk and converts those slick little tubs into scrap.

I've seen enough mediums who are top tier in a match bury themselves on the backline of the map and not move until either it is cleanup, and suddenly they are there to vulture the kills they didn't take any hits or risk to get, or its all over and they are hunted down by the 4-5 enemies left whining all the way to have too much faith in the ability of anyone.

Col_Abrams #12 Posted 20 October 2014 - 09:33 AM

First Lieutenant

• 1753 battles
As someone who stays until the bitter end of each battle I still get a giggle out of seeing the absolutely last member of my platoon still radioing an "SOS" as they get surrounded...oblivious to the fact that they are the only one left alive. Help me understand how you get to a Tier V or above tank and NOT realise when your entire toon has been whacked? I mean, WTF? Still...it's good for a larf.

CarvinMarvin #13 Posted 20 October 2014 - 09:47 AM

Captain

• 22631 battles

View PostCol_Abrams, on 20 October 2014 - 08:33 PM, said:

As someone who stays until the bitter end of each battle I still get a giggle out of seeing the absolutely last member of my platoon still radioing an "SOS" as they get surrounded...oblivious to the fact that they are the only one left alive. Help me understand how you get to a Tier V or above tank and NOT realise when your entire toon has been whacked? I mean, WTF? Still...it's good for a larf.

That's usua the point I lose it and point out there is no-one left because you left them all to die.

Col_Abrams #14 Posted 20 October 2014 - 09:49 AM

First Lieutenant

• 1753 battles
:trollface:

_dr_ #15 Posted 20 October 2014 - 10:26 AM

Corporal

• 6939 battles
:facepalm:
The tankers creed : "If u running out of power, become a pillbox; running out of ammo, become a bunker; running out of time, become heroes.................................................................................."

Artisto81 #16 Posted 20 October 2014 - 10:31 AM

Captain

• 8231 battles
Hello doc, good to see you....

“The German army is a machine, and machines can be broken!”— Konstantin Rokossovsky

shaquille12 #17 Posted 20 October 2014 - 11:30 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 8900 battles

View PostCol_Abrams, on 20 October 2014 - 08:33 PM, said:

I've seen those SOS abuse a number of times, just ticks me off

Artisto81 #18 Posted 20 October 2014 - 12:52 PM

Captain

• 8231 battles
Lack of situational awareness... They don't pay attention to the minimap either.... Just momments ago had a loosing streak on my T-43, either the heavy tanks on my team camp and Try to snipe or they go to the wrong side of the map... Sigh... I tend to be the first person killed in medium tank.... T-43 is just an average tank....

RoneMok #19 Posted 20 October 2014 - 01:29 PM

Captain

• 24221 battles
  • [LORDS]

View Postshaquille12, on 20 October 2014 - 04:43 PM, said:

This is different from a coward, you are heavy and slow... Like a mother ship... But you are moving to the forward front where the fight is.

If the lower tiers are too impatient or didnt help to push you, well that's their faulty.

RoneMok #20 Posted 20 October 2014 - 01:36 PM

Captain

• 24221 battles
  • [LORDS]

View PostMehliveat, on 20 October 2014 - 03:43 PM, said:

I am not sure if its cowardice or not, but in the mediums that i have been playing, I try not to take the lead.  I let one of the others take it and support them from behind.  My theory is that if they are a lower tier medium, I can pump out more damage than them, so its probably better for the team if they take the hits first.  If they are a higher tier medium, my take is that I have trouble penning other higher tier mediums up front, so I let them take the lead, and support from behind.  I am selfish aren't I?

The thing is that if they are a decent player, it doesn't really matter if I take the lead or they take the lead.  They might get hit first, but I will take the 2nd shot right after them  But on the chance of them being complete noobs, its better for them to my meat shield.

Careful here comrade. Cos the borders to the line of cowardice and strategy is very super thin. 

One wrong move on your part may let others call you names cos they dont undrstd how you work.

At least your explanation here is sound enough for me as a strategy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users