Post buff Obj 704 is an absolute pain to deal with

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

TheTwistahF2 #1 Posted 07 April 2016 - 01:48 PM

Sergeant

• 5880 battles
  • [FIEND]

With the 2.8 update comes with the nerf of our new favourite light tanks and the buff of the old Russian TD line. But what's astonishing about the buff is that the buff made the obj 704 ridiculous. Obj 704 has its traverse and aiming time buffed which just made the tank utterly ridiculous. Obj 704 and its tier X brother, the 268 DOES NOT NEED THE BUFF. The tank is already good on its own and with the buff, it made the thing a joy to drive (tested it on my friend's iPad and its one of the dirtiest machines I've ever driven). The 2.5 aiming second time just made it ridiculous. Now with the new provisions, giving it the milk and extra food for the crew plus premium fuel with GLD, rammer and vents equipped, it is just... what the hell... And with the traverse, circling this tank is a pain in some maps. And just as when the armour on the thing make [edited] bounces now it can dish out the pain per shot and with the aim time lowered, it is now as dirty as the 263. I know how to deal with these things but god these things make life hell for heavies. So what they've done here is that they made one of the most ridiculous tanks in the game turned into one hell of a TD to deal with. Not to mention that the camo rating makes this thing hide like a ninja, there's absolutely nothing that can beat this in medium to long range. So... With the description written, discuss. 

TitusTanker #2 Posted 07 April 2016 - 02:00 PM

Sergeant

• 10036 battles
  • [HK123]

If you try wot pc version

TD is most unfriendly tank in wot blitz...

Owainmorgan #3 Posted 07 April 2016 - 02:29 PM

Sergeant

• 9999 battles
  • [SHD]

Not played it, but I had the impression that it was one of the best tanks in the game pre buff.

It's big brother is hardly underpowered either. It's got a pretty strong armour scheme and ridiculous pen, alpha (as you'd expect of a tier ten TD) oh, and 2.76k DPM. The only reason these tanks have lower stats than their american counterparts is because they are played by so many more people, and the more dedicated players who get the less mainstream tanks tend to be better. They're often dropping gold into free experience and such. That's my take on the situation. I'm hoping they're gonna give my T95 a gun buff and a one thousand horse power engine. Seems like that'd make it about as balanced as the various objects. Hell, not like the SU-152 needed a gun buff either. It was only the best tank in its tier in several respects, depending on the gun you chose. Highest alpha, highest DPM, fast and trollishly armoured. Yay for game balance. (Seriously, the thing has more DPM than the leopard one).

While we speak of it, as well as having tier topping alpha, the recently buffed ISU-152 can also mount a three thousand one hundred and fifty DPM gun. Before rammers, consumables and provisions and crew skills are taken into account.

Speaking of tanks that didn't need a buff, the IS-7, and the two Russian tier ten medium tanks. Because obviously the Maus needs five hundred HP less than on WOT, while the T-62A needs fifty less, because three thousand DPM obviously doesn't speak for itself. Hey, at least the Maus' DPM was also buffed by one hundred in comparison to its ordinary WOT counterpart. At least no one could possibly look at those buffs and wonder about Russian bias. No already great tanks receiving buffs in preference to underpowered tanks.

Now as reward for sitting through the wall of text, without having played it I wonder if the Super Pershing is going to be the sleeper hit of this buff. one thousand nine hundred dpm, good frontal armour, terrain resistances, thirty six degrees a second traverse and two hundred and fifty eight APCR pen doesn't sound all that bad to me, especially combined with the effect of fuel provisions and rations. Seriously considering buying it and seeing if I can achieve some insane WN8 number in it. If we were the US server you'd be looking at one thousand six hundred average damage and a fifty percent win rate to reach super unicum in it currently. Fortunately, we're 'Asia', where players are actually good at the game. Two thousand average damage and sixty something percent would be the ticket here. It might just be because significantly less people have brought it on the Asia server though, and those that have are often decent players looking to complete their garage.

Edited by Owainmorgan, 07 April 2016 - 02:36 PM.

DefenderOfTheArtillery #4 Posted 07 April 2016 - 06:38 PM

Corporal

• 37666 battles
  • [EAT]

View PostOwainmorgan, on 07 April 2016 - 02:29 PM, said:

Not played it, but I had the impression that it was one of the best tanks in the game pre buff.

It's big brother is hardly underpowered either. It's got a pretty strong armour scheme and ridiculous pen, alpha (as you'd expect of a tier ten TD) oh, and 2.76k DPM. The only reason these tanks have lower stats than their american counterparts is because they are played by so many more people, and the more dedicated players who get the less mainstream tanks tend to be better. They're often dropping gold into free experience and such. That's my take on the situation. I'm hoping they're gonna give my T95 a gun buff and a one thousand horse power engine. Seems like that'd make it about as balanced as the various objects. Hell, not like the SU-152 needed a gun buff either. It was only the best tank in its tier in several respects, depending on the gun you chose. Highest alpha, highest DPM, fast and trollishly armoured. Yay for game balance. (Seriously, the thing has more DPM than the leopard one).

While we speak of it, as well as having tier topping alpha, the recently buffed ISU-152 can also mount a three thousand one hundred and fifty DPM gun. Before rammers, consumables and provisions and crew skills are taken into account.

Speaking of tanks that didn't need a buff, the IS-7, and the two Russian tier ten medium tanks. Because obviously the Maus needs five hundred HP less than on WOT, while the T-62A needs fifty less, because three thousand DPM obviously doesn't speak for itself. Hey, at least the Maus' DPM was also buffed by one hundred in comparison to its ordinary WOT counterpart. At least no one could possibly look at those buffs and wonder about Russian bias. No already great tanks receiving buffs in preference to underpowered tanks.

Now as reward for sitting through the wall of text, without having played it I wonder if the Super Pershing is going to be the sleeper hit of this buff. one thousand nine hundred dpm, good frontal armour, terrain resistances, thirty six degrees a second traverse and two hundred and fifty eight APCR pen doesn't sound all that bad to me, especially combined with the effect of fuel provisions and rations. Seriously considering buying it and seeing if I can achieve some insane WN8 number in it. If we were the US server you'd be looking at one thousand six hundred average damage and a fifty percent win rate to reach super unicum in it currently. Fortunately, we're 'Asia', where players are actually good at the game. Two thousand average damage and sixty something percent would be the ticket here. It might just be because significantly less people have brought it on the Asia server though, and those that have are often decent players looking to complete their garage.

I'm the latter .

also I do think that this update will not be good, and we'll have protests, seeing the condition of forums one day after update

TheTwistahF2 #5 Posted 08 April 2016 - 01:36 PM

Sergeant

• 5880 battles
  • [FIEND]
One question still remains... Why the buff? I already tried out the pre buff and dish out like 2-3k damage each and now it gets a ridiculous aiming buff? I feel sorry for all those whom I shot because this thing is absolutely ridiculous

JonahQi #6 Posted 09 April 2016 - 05:14 AM

Corporal

• 18141 battles
  • [MY]

View PostOwainmorgan, on 07 April 2016 - 02:29 PM, said:

Too true

jonahqi_leo_eng.jpeg

BimRayYau #7 Posted 09 April 2016 - 05:47 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 14713 battles
  • [SKUX]
Because Russian bias, that's why.

TitusTanker #8 Posted 09 April 2016 - 06:39 AM

Sergeant

• 10036 battles
  • [HK123]

View PostTheTwistahF2, on 08 April 2016 - 09:36 PM, said:

One question still remains... Why the buff? I already tried out the pre buff and dish out like 2-3k damage each and now it gets a ridiculous aiming buff? I feel sorry for all those whom I shot because this thing is absolutely ridiculous

buff obj704 traverse speed is ok but I agree with you about aim time no need to buff

T95...I don't think WG will buff top speed because Tortoise top speed is 20 km/h, buff traverse speed for T95 is ok, the problem of T95 is teammates leave him alone & noone protect his flanks

compare T54 vs obj704 in wot pc version, you will find that pros and cons

http://tank-compare.com/en/compare/object-704/t-54#T1=372I310I234I467I181&T2=371I313I264I465I181

sometimes in wot obj704 can 2 shot kill T54 with AP ammo but wotb can't

Edited by TitusTanker, 09 April 2016 - 07:59 AM.

JPS_Deathwalker #9 Posted 09 April 2016 - 07:40 AM

Captain

• 15802 battles

Honestly buffs to the ISu-152 and the 704- they were mostly fine. Gun buffs- I find it just stupid. Yes, maybe the buffs to the 704 gun is more justified since there are other 150mm+ guns at that tier. But currently in terms of alpha damage, the ISU-152 has no competitors, and for such a gun on a tier 8 tank the pre-buff gun stats were still okay.

However the 268 does need a buff. IMO it is one of underpowered tanks in the game, weak yet troll armour. And the trollies usually doesn't come. The fact that the maps in Blitz are generally becoming more flatter and flatter, TDs have lesser camping spots. That means that the 268 has to go to those city areas to fight, but the point that it doesn't have a turret makes fighting so awkward. Also, when peeking out from a corner, it gets auto-penned, unlike tanks such as the E3 or perhaps the Jg Pz E.100 here there would most probably be bounces.

You mentioned that you know how to deal with those things. Looking at ur dmg ratio in your T62A, I seriously doubt so that you can take out TDs effectively.

When you want to succeed as much as you want to live to breathe, then only you will succeed.

TheTwistahF2 #10 Posted 09 April 2016 - 05:23 PM

Sergeant

• 5880 battles
  • [FIEND]

View PostSHAFT_ObjCaptainNuggets, on 09 April 2016 - 03:40 PM, said:

Honestly buffs to the ISu-152 and the 704- they were mostly fine. Gun buffs- I find it just stupid. Yes, maybe the buffs to the 704 gun is more justified since there are other 150mm+ guns at that tier. But currently in terms of alpha damage, the ISU-152 has no competitors, and for such a gun on a tier 8 tank the pre-buff gun stats were still okay.

However the 268 does need a buff. IMO it is one of underpowered tanks in the game, weak yet troll armour. And the trollies usually doesn't come. The fact that the maps in Blitz are generally becoming more flatter and flatter, TDs have lesser camping spots. That means that the 268 has to go to those city areas to fight, but the point that it doesn't have a turret makes fighting so awkward. Also, when peeking out from a corner, it gets auto-penned, unlike tanks such as the E3 or perhaps the Jg Pz E.100 here there would most probably be bounces.

You mentioned that you know how to deal with those things. Looking at ur dmg ratio in your T62A, I seriously doubt so that you can take out TDs effectively.

Funny thing is, as much as I like using my 62A, I really do struggle in it compared to my 54. Also, the thing is is that most of my battles weren't played by me. At least 50% of the games were played by my someone else (*cough sibling *cough). I do know how to take out TDs effectively but with the buff, they've been a bigger pain in the #### than before. Especially if you aren't careful in the paths that you chose. In the 30+ battles I've played with the 62A, the tank that usually shows me the way to the garage is the Russian TDs. I dunno why but they'll be the last thing I see in the battlefield before my tank blows up. If you think I hated them while driving my 62, you have not seen the cursing that I've done while driving my IS-3. I seriously hated the Russian TDs for the 10 times I've been ammo racked by one.

TitusTanker #11 Posted 09 April 2016 - 06:33 PM

Sergeant

• 10036 battles
  • [HK123]

View PostTheTwistahF2, on 10 April 2016 - 01:23 AM, said:

Funny thing is, as much as I like using my 62A, I really do struggle in it compared to my 54. Also, the thing is is that most of my battles weren't played by me. At least 50% of the games were played by my someone else (*cough sibling *cough). I do know how to take out TDs effectively but with the buff, they've been a bigger pain in the #### than before. Especially if you aren't careful in the paths that you chose. In the 30+ battles I've played with the 62A, the tank that usually shows me the way to the garage is the Russian TDs. I dunno why but they'll be the last thing I see in the battlefield before my tank blows up. If you think I hated them while driving my 62, you have not seen the cursing that I've done while driving my IS-3. I seriously hated the Russian TDs for the 10 times I've been ammo racked by one.

ok...let's try obj704

start the battle and deal with some Tier9-10 MT,  play 100 battles and come back to leave some thoughts 

:bajan:

Mel1337 #12 Posted 10 April 2016 - 05:29 AM

First Lieutenant

• 11240 battles
  • [VEST]
The thing with high alpha tds is, they cant immobilize their victim on their own. Once a med gets close, even if it gets shot once, once the med CoD or hug the side/rear, the td is toast and unable to retaliate. Thats my story with obj.704, same with ISU and any other tank with big guns. Keeping the enemy in place and killing them in close quarter is hard, buffed traverse rate or not. but if you try to trade shot for shot in mid-long range, i'll swiftly send you back to garage because thats the point of such big guns, to trade shots and coming out on top via difference in alpha damage

TheTwistahF2 #13 Posted 12 April 2016 - 06:05 AM

Sergeant

• 5880 battles
  • [FIEND]
Ok just tried it (again) on my friend's account yesterday for 5 hours. The aim time was better, the speed was still good but the shell... the shell still goes wherever the hell it wants no matter what. Its really frustrating when I take a good aimed shot and if misses. I actually lost some battles because the shot went miles from where I want it to go. In other words, this thing does still handle like a KV-2 but the suspension buff made it easier to derp people in the face. Theres nothing more satisfying than saying "surprise its me!" To the enemy. I only do that once its safe to get out of my hiding spot but still... This tank really does make people suffer once it gets into its line of fire... But it has to hit em first.

TheTwistahF2 #14 Posted 12 April 2016 - 06:06 AM

Sergeant

• 5880 battles
  • [FIEND]
Did I mention I said speed was good? I meant that the speed was better... Ah sudden rush of **** to the brain.

TitusTanker #15 Posted 12 April 2016 - 07:08 AM

Sergeant

• 10036 battles
  • [HK123]

Tier9 TD reivew, I hope you see the different

http://wotlabs.net/articles/tier-9-tank-destroyer-comparison/

here is avg stat, interesting...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users