Fail platoons

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Chalks #1 Posted 17 October 2014 - 12:38 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 15385 battles
I thought fail platoons had been banned? Some knob in a T95 thought it would be funny to bring his dickhead mate in a BT-2 to a tier 9 fight. Really funny pricks!

Artisto81 #2 Posted 17 October 2014 - 12:50 PM

Captain

• 8231 battles
One shot, one kill.... Have seen that at least 2 times.... Both of the occasion their team won

"In Russia, they say I'm a Pole, in Poland they call me Russian".

“The German army is a machine, and machines can be broken!”— Konstantin Rokossovsky

phoenixag #3 Posted 17 October 2014 - 05:09 PM

Corporal

• 11612 battles
  • [-DYN-]

I really hate that. I can't believe this still hasn't been disallowed. 

Tank_Guy #4 Posted 17 October 2014 - 08:20 PM

Sergeant

• 834 battles

It really annoys me but not as bad as bringing a tier 1 to a tier 10 fight at least...... WarGaming should not enable any platoon thats above the recommend tiers but sometimes I see tier 7s but I platooned with a tier 4 WARGAMING FIX THAT TOO

EDIT: I was tier 5 when I platooned with tier 4

Edited by Tank_Guy, 17 October 2014 - 08:21 PM.

"We will fight on the beaches"

-Winston Churchill

KodaK #5 Posted 18 October 2014 - 01:52 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 2574 battles
Welp if WG won't fix it then do what the PC folks do, shame the living hell outta the troll toon on global chat and here in the forums. Too bad we can't team damage them so it's the next best thing

Chalks #6 Posted 18 October 2014 - 04:01 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 15385 battles

Right! After running into another pair of fail platoon noobs again I'm naming and shaming. 

The team went off at the second pair and they tried to defend themselves by saying they did it 'for fun'! Well if you're reading this it's not fun for the rest of your team so please do something else for fun.

Please refrain from Naming and Shaming

LiquidSnake

Fosknow #7 Posted 18 October 2014 - 04:19 AM

Captain

• 49975 battles
  • [-IQ-]

View PostChalks, on 17 October 2014 - 12:38 PM, said:

I thought fail platoons had been banned? Some knob in a T95 thought it would be funny to bring his dickhead mate in a BT-2 to a tier 9 fight. Really funny pricks!

Were they Raymond_55 and clara_2014?

Chalks #8 Posted 18 October 2014 - 04:50 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 15385 battles
Ha, didn't realise you were on my team in that game too Fosknow. I was soo annoyed I didn't look to see who else was around. I've given Raymond a blast on chat. He said it was only a game. I reminded him that it's a team game. He then demanded that I don't message him again...

48ton_ruckus #9 Posted 18 October 2014 - 05:54 AM

First Lieutenant

• 14262 battles
  • [SURLY]
Not sure why War gaming don't just remove the option to create fail platoons, it's not like it'd be hard to do. The only practical use for them is in comp battles where teams bring a low tier scout to flesh out the numbers. Maybe they leave it in because clans wars are coming? It's the only reason I can see for it.

Check out my gameplay vids over at YouTube for hints, tactics and gameplay action.
Or trash talk me on Twitter @
twitter.com/48ton_ruckus

CarvinMarvin #10 Posted 18 October 2014 - 07:59 AM

Captain

• 22631 battles
Just had one where a T29 brought in the American tier 2 medium. They seemed inordinately proud of their crap too. A tier 8 game where the enemy platoon of tier 6s were not the most useless platoon in the game.

Col_Abrams #11 Posted 18 October 2014 - 08:52 AM

First Lieutenant

• 1753 battles

View PostFosknow, on 18 October 2014 - 05:19 AM, said:

Were they Raymond_55 and clara_2014?

those names ring a bell...think I've "played" with those fuggers
"They've got us surrounded again, the poor bastards..."
   Colonel Creighton W Abrams

Fosknow #12 Posted 18 October 2014 - 11:50 AM

Captain

• 49975 battles
  • [-IQ-]

I messaged [Content Removed] and got a very nasty response. Told me not to message it (girl or boy or monkey) again, so I did :)

M8Tricks #13 Posted 28 October 2014 - 06:15 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 7593 battles

I had just done a run in my t25, and we got back into the garage - I hit ready expecting another good run and went to chat, i didn't realise while I was typing my response that my plat mate had switched tanks to a tier 9 heavy to troll me...

The MM does take into account the lower tier tank, it doesnt treat it as a same tier, and it gives you more higher tier tanks to try to compensate.

And even though I was a bit peeved to find myself in a tier 9 game in a tier 3, I still managed to be of use as a very small and fast spotter. The enemy lowe had no idea what to do with me running near it and even though I couldnt hit it, I did draw its attention by moving just out of its fire to let my teammate hit its turret side. I was otherwise less than useless, even though I circled a tiger 2, no matter wgich side I hit it from, and no matter wherther I used APCR or HE, I couldnt harm it, aside from drawing its attention and 'painting' it for the back line tds and heavies, I couldnt damage it. Even ramming it at speed did very little damage to it, and near killed my tank...

Its very common in clan wars to use low tier tanks as spotters because of the way that MM calculates team balancing, and my understanding in that case is that a team with a tier 1 can get more top tier tanks than the team that hasn't... I'm sure the weighting system should work the same way in a fail plattoon. Although most fail platoons I have seen havent been strategic and certainly havent resulted in a win for their team. 

A small light tank like a t15 driven by someone that knows what they are doing can be very effectove in many stages to identify enemy targets well before than can spot you, and with a one shot tank like a JPZe100, it could actually be an opponent-wrecking combination...

I still don't appreciate fail platoons in 99% of situations though

WoT Blitz - :Legend of BBIC

But if two tier IX flank - its all over - I'm gonna sit at home and flank while watching pron - and the best flanking shoes? Someone else's Nikes obviously

If you see Tricks and Dix in a plat, just adopt a BBIC playstyle, you can't win - leave your shoes next to your tank, we'll collect them after the game.

Dix_Neuf #14 Posted 28 October 2014 - 11:26 PM

First Lieutenant

• 10262 battles

Out of all the fail platoons I've seen, and promptly sledged, all have similar attitudes:

Feigning ignorance: "What Tier 1?"
Justification: "There's nothing wrong with this!"

Grovelling: "Please don't shoot my friend" (in the glory days of teamkill)

Flat out idiocy: "My friend needs exp/credits to get a better tank"

Just once, I'd love to see "Really sorry, it was a mistake" or "Don't worry, we got this" or even "Yeah, we know it's a fail plat, we're stoned as".

I mean, I've been in so many battles where 1-2 did absolutely nothing or were afk and we still cleaned up. Taking something like a T2 Light speedster into a T8-10 game would be an interesting way to run distraction as the enemy blood lust to bag a supposed idiot kicked in.

Buuut.... It serves no purpose other than to tick people off for the most part. WG should either block it or turn TK back on.

Despreaux #15 Posted 29 October 2014 - 02:22 AM

Captain

• 9998 battles
Seen a couple of tier 1 entering tier 10 battles, rarepy does the tier 1 stay alive till the end and most of the time the team will be pissed

"Right or wrong, evil or good, but they still fight, without second thoughts they march up to the enemy, they dont hope to go home tommorow, their families are now their war brothers, every bullet they shoot, every lives they taken, every blood they spilt, did they give up? They'll never give up, for their flag they will fight, even if it means dying at cost, rather than die in vain, they'll fight for whats theirs, until the last blood drop, they are the soldiers of war" -war-

Chalks #16 Posted 29 October 2014 - 07:00 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 15385 battles
Congratulations on your 1500th post reventer. Hope to see you on my team sometime. I don't know that I've played with you yet.

M8Tricks #17 Posted 29 October 2014 - 07:03 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 7593 battles

View PostChalks, on 29 October 2014 - 03:00 PM, said:

Congratulations on your 1500th post reventer. Hope to see you on my team sometime. I don't know that I've played with you yet.

1500!?

But if two tier IX flank - its all over - I'm gonna sit at home and flank while watching pron - and the best flanking shoes? Someone else's Nikes obviously

If you see Tricks and Dix in a plat, just adopt a BBIC playstyle, you can't win - leave your shoes next to your tank, we'll collect them after the game.

M8Tricks #18 Posted 29 October 2014 - 07:04 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 7593 battles

Wow!

Thats a lot of posts!

M8Tricks #19 Posted 29 October 2014 - 07:07 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 7593 battles
And I don't even see you spam much!

Despreaux #20 Posted 30 October 2014 - 02:09 AM

Captain

• 9998 battles

View PostChalks, on 29 October 2014 - 02:00 PM, said:

We did play on the same team on desert sands remember? We even said hi. And thanks, apreciate the support. Will try to answer much questions on the forum for everyone and try to get things straight

"Right or wrong, evil or good, but they still fight, without second thoughts they march up to the enemy, they dont hope to go home tommorow, their families are now their war brothers, every bullet they shoot, every lives they taken, every blood they spilt, did they give up? They'll never give up, for their flag they will fight, even if it means dying at cost, rather than die in vain, they'll fight for whats theirs, until the last blood drop, they are the soldiers of war" -war-

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users