Which maps need improvement?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Elphaba #1 Posted 03 March 2016 - 06:41 AM

Captain

• Administrator
  • 473 battles
  • [WG]

We all have maps that make us cringe when we get them in battle. Let us know in the comments below, specifically the following:

• Name of the map:
  • Why it needs improvement:
  • Suggestions to improve the map:

Hokey_Pokey #2 Posted 04 March 2016 - 12:42 PM

First Lieutenant

• 21021 battles
  • [ACE]

Copperfield.

- Tanks on the heavy side (where the bases are placed) are getting spotted by medium tanks on the other side.

- Battles are very predictable. 

Get rid of it. Limit it to tiers 7 and below. 

Hokey_Pokey #3 Posted 04 March 2016 - 12:45 PM

First Lieutenant

• 21021 battles
  • [ACE]

Mines

- Spawn system. Heavies are spawning where mediums are suppose to spawn. Mediums are spawning where heavies are spawning. etc.

- Some tanks (i.e. light tanks, Leopard 1 etc.) are able to climb the side of the hill from the south side instead of the choke point near the base. A severe disadvantage to the opposite side.

Fix the things above

Hokey_Pokey #4 Posted 04 March 2016 - 12:47 PM

First Lieutenant

• 21021 battles
  • [ACE]

Falls creek

- The team that wins the base, wins the game.

- There are people who waste time by the bridge

Make the base area larger. Add more obstacles and routes.

Artisto81 #5 Posted 04 March 2016 - 01:03 PM

Captain

• 8231 battles

Rock field

- The map is too small with basically most fighting happens near the bunkers.

Enlarge the map by making the mountain/cliff area that occupied almost third of the map accesible. Add more rocks / cover near the cap area.

"In Russia, they say I'm a Pole, in Poland they call me Russian".

“The German army is a machine, and machines can be broken!”— Konstantin Rokossovsky

Clangokkuner #6 Posted 04 March 2016 - 04:14 PM

Corporal

• 14338 battles
  • [408]
Winter malinovka-
Increase the size of the map slightly as to prevent players from camping and shooting tanks which are going to the mill on top of the hill

Or

Remove all the small hill that were made to remove camping players

anthonylei01 #7 Posted 05 March 2016 - 03:42 AM

Captain

• 13206 battles
  • [CPVA]

Copperfield

- map is too small

- the elevation difference of spawn sites are unfair

Falls Creek

- the silly bridge!!!!!

Mines

- generally, mediums take the game..... I had a game with 4 nos. of T-44 on the reds team...... that did not end well

Rockfield

- too small, and lower portion of the map is almost useless, as whoever is silly enough to cross it, usually wont make it.

Winter Malinovka

- it is all about the windmill..... please change that, and it is not reasonable to have 14 tanks fighting at that upper corner.... the windmill area is just too small

Edited by anthonylei01, 05 March 2016 - 03:43 AM.

Srijan99 #8 Posted 06 March 2016 - 08:30 AM

Sergeant

• 9694 battles
  • [FIEND]

Copperfield

- spawn elevation

-too small

-medium advantage esp. Ruskies

-fighting concentrated in some areas

-1 person noobing out causes the whole team to fail

Best way to improve this I think would be to enlarge the map or remove it from higher tier games.

C'est la vie

AmerSD #9 Posted 07 March 2016 - 04:55 AM

Corporal

• 3523 battles
  • [MYRED]
Definitely COPPERFIELD because of spawn elevation and small size especially when fighting in higher tier ( 7 and above). Retouch the spawn location. About its size I have mixed feeling coz its a perfect map for lower tier tanks tier 4 and below. Maybe we should not having high tier tanks on this map.

RoneMok #10 Posted 07 March 2016 - 04:57 AM

Captain

• 17702 battles
  • [LORDS]

"Middleburg" is going the way of the "mines". You win at the hill, then likely your team wins.

"Fallscreek", the team (A) where they dont have the steel bridge to cross, that is they (A) have to cross the river to get to the base, they (A) have the disadvantage.

The enemy (B) can have a few pot shot standing at the stone bridge when they (A) are crossing the river.

"Winter Malinovka", why bother to make the map so big and waste space?

Reduce it to 20% of its present size will do.

99.99% of the fighting occurs at the windmill anyway.

Actually nobody noticed that it looks like a bowling alley. Let the enemy come at you, you just be patient and wait at your bases. When they come, you shoot the ducks.

Edited by RoneMok, 07 March 2016 - 05:01 AM.

maestr0_0 #11 Posted 07 March 2016 - 11:18 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 28548 battles
  • [STORM]

Mines

- too medium tank dependent

Suggestion: have more routes to access hill 

Falls Creek

- Bridge is useless and cant even provide support to cap area battle, and yet we have so many players trying to get bridge

Copperfield

- map too small and too predictable

Suggestion: i have to agree with some players above, limit the map for mid / lower tier

Edited by maestr0_0, 07 March 2016 - 11:23 AM.

iB055 #12 Posted 09 March 2016 - 03:15 AM

Captain

• 17590 battles
  • [STORM]

Fails creek-

the amount of draws on this map is ridiculous. It really needs to be either removed or given a major rehaul. 

Mines-

Favours mediums way too much. This map is purr death for a td and also encourages people to camp near the lighthouse. 

Malinovka-the map needs to be readjusted so that the Marsh side is smaller but the hill side is larger and has more playable room. This is because tanks going on marsh are basically useless as they have no shots on the hill. And since most battled take place on hill there needs to be more space to manoeuvre. 

Pimp_Daddy_XR #13 Posted 09 March 2016 - 04:19 AM

Captain

• 42223 battles

Mines - add a 2nd road up the rear of the Hill.

Falls Creek - remove the bridge.

Edited by Pimp_Daddy_XR, 09 March 2016 - 04:19 AM.

"I spent 90% of my money on booze, birds and Blitz. The rest I just squandered" (George Best)

CarvinMarvin #14 Posted 09 March 2016 - 05:21 AM

Captain

• 20268 battles

Copperfield for me.

It isn't really so much the size for me, because we have other maps where the action gets concentrated but more the way the map is there is no room to manoeuvre. The two high lines are narrow with nowhere realistically flank so generally just develop into head to head fights where frontal armour wins. Which is fine in parts of maps, but when it is all the map.......

My solution. Well since I think so much of the map would need to be redone I think the best idea is to dust off and nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Pro_Decoy #15 Posted 09 March 2016 - 06:21 AM

Sergeant

• 35362 battles
  • [GRUMP]

Copperfield

-The western side that is used by most mediums can take too long to advance if a stale mate occurs.

-The western side needs a second path for flanking. I'd make the path go around east side of the buildings that are on top.

Falls Creek

-Too many players stay and fight up at North Bridge while the better enemy out number you and kill you than Cap base.

-Move the North bridge closer to Cap area and down lower so the roads go down to it and back up.

Mines

-East side has an unfair advantage to hill control if they have more mediums.

-Make a second path up hill on the North side. I know as well you can get up the hill on the North/West town side and on the East side but to do these you need a fast Medium tank. Make a second path for heavy/slow tanks.

Winter Malinovka

-The South/West marsh lands almost never get used by good players.

-Raise the marsh lands higher and smaller so they can join the action too, i get sick of going and looking for the last enemy player down there at noob lake.

Rockfield

-Map is too small.

-Make access onto the mountains in North/West corner with path ways.

Edited by Pro_Decoy, 09 March 2016 - 06:43 AM.

2007632272.png
                      MIGHT BE OUT NUMBERED BUT NEVER OUTGUNNED 

Brendon_2015 #16 Posted 10 March 2016 - 11:04 AM

First Lieutenant

• 15178 battles

My thoughts

Mines - I didn't mind it prior to the recen fix but it's way to lop sided now and favours the altered end by 100%. (River to its left end). It needs to be changed back asap because they can have meds and heavies all set up before the opfor meds are half way up the hill now.

copperfield needs the route to the top area removed as the opfor cannot get up there. A lot harder to win from the lower area so unbalanced. Remove the ability to snipe across the valley.

falls creek. I know lots of people say remove the bridge but it's not the maps fault that tanks go there.... Sorts the men from the boys. Maybe move the start spawns to be at opposite sides of the map half way up. Ie have the buildings directly between the spawns. That gives opportunities for flankers, heavies and TDs can get straight into the action and makes the bridge an asset as well. 

Rockfield. This is just Middleburg without the town! It's really superfluous now. I do love it though, maybe make it bigger for higher tiered games. Maybe make it into a valley in the middle and place the same style of hill with bunkers etc on the opposite side to open it up considerably more!

Winter Malinovka. Probably the most boring map you have. Go to the windmill and duke it out. Whoever has the heavier guns there wins! You just look at the teams at the start and you can pretty much say who the victor will be.

Edited by Brendon_2015, 10 March 2016 - 11:41 AM.

Brendon

It's only a scratch, just buff it out. 

Actively working on Tier 9, Conquerer & T54 Tier 8, Indian, ISU 152 & IS 3, Tier 7, Comet, Panther & Tiger 1

DimKyon #17 Posted 12 March 2016 - 03:34 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 12710 battles
  • [FEAST]
Winter Malinovka & Mines

What a boring map, this map is all about "Mill" and "Hill". You won't get an interesting battle here.

FEAST ON!
Don't click

TitusTanker #18 Posted 13 March 2016 - 09:24 AM

Sergeant

• 9760 battles
  • [HK123]

1. All of the map

2. because too benefit for mt quick to go their good position defense/attack/trade fire and flank, wotb is world of medium now, it's fact.

3. redesign all of the map, if 9 map in wotb, make 3 map benefit for mt, 3 for ht, 3 for td. Please balance the game, so boring in the battle 90% mt is Russian MT especially tier 9-10, because you design the map terrain too friendly for Russian mt.

RoneMok #19 Posted 14 March 2016 - 12:05 PM

Captain

• 17702 battles
  • [LORDS]

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Winter M.

We resisted the temptation to head for the windmill though it means committing suicide.

We had to experiment.

We tried very hard.

You can see the results.

They can see us, we cant see them.

So it is a very simple formula.

anthonylei01 #20 Posted 19 March 2016 - 03:01 AM

Captain

• 13206 battles
  • [CPVA]

View PostTitusTanker, on 13 March 2016 - 05:24 PM, said:

1. All of the map

2. because too benefit for mt quick to go their good position defense/attack/trade fire and flank, wotb is world of medium now, it's fact.

3. redesign all of the map, if 9 map in wotb, make 3 map benefit for mt, 3 for ht, 3 for td. Please balance the game, so boring in the battle 90% mt is Russian MT especially tier 9-10, because you design the map terrain too friendly for Russian mt.

Russian Mediums, especially T-54, T-62a, obj 140 are simply too good, however, they do come with weakness and need to manufacture unfavorable condition for them to take them down. It can be done but require some planning. 

regarding the new map(s), I disagree, as the old maps were designed for HTs and TDs. The new maps provide opportunities for all tanks, while driving HTs and TDs, it requires good map awareness to put yourself in good situation to fight against MTs and win. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users