Restrictions on purchasing premium tanks for new players

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

Th38odyguard #41 Posted 13 June 2016 - 12:41 PM

Corporal

• 8926 battles

View PostCarvinMarvin, on 04 March 2016 - 06:44 PM, said:

I agree with this. For all the annoyance of having players with 20 different premiums and 1 regular tank failing their way along they are rare, and if they are going to pay a few hundred dollars as soon as they download the game who are we to say no.

I agree. They may be frustrating us to no end, but they are supplying money to the game we love. Who are we to say no to that?

batteriesincluded #42 Posted 13 June 2016 - 03:04 PM

Sergeant

• 40 battles
I would suggest the player's highest tier AND win rate. If they want to buy a tier 8 premium, they should have a non-premium tank of tier 6 to 8 (not sure at the moment) as well as a minimum of 45% win rate in that tank in order to buy it. I would also suggest that you set the same bar on tier 6 and 7 since some people (including me on NA) complain of people getting sub-40% win rates buying and losing their way to tier X. Many people suggest just battles or tier, but an AFK player could eventually meet 5k battles or some amount of XP to research a tank. Thank you for listening to our feedback; this has been wanted for many years. (Yes, I requested this in 2015) I hope this advances to the game!

Custom Skin Website

*Shoutout to alexbuildit for the rudy!*

Youtubehttps://www.youtube....oMiXuiG5lrlFfg

That reroll from NA is coming to Asia

batteriesincluded #43 Posted 13 June 2016 - 03:12 PM

Sergeant

• 40 battles

View Postanzo0008, on 07 March 2016 - 07:09 AM, said:

TBH, i would recommend that there would be some certain restriction on the "pay 2 win newbies". 

examples including:

1. having a certain amount of battles
  2. battle score
  3. win rate (maybe a little too harsh)

it would also be nice to have a little training room where people would jump in fighting npc tanks.

Win rate is not too harsh. It keeps AFK's and campers from buying an IS-6 and camping the spawn in Mines.

Custom Skin Website

*Shoutout to alexbuildit for the rudy!*

Youtubehttps://www.youtube....oMiXuiG5lrlFfg

That reroll from NA is coming to Asia

Pimp_Daddy_XR #44 Posted 14 June 2016 - 04:43 AM

Captain

• 43026 battles

View PostCarvinMarvin, on 04 March 2016 - 03:44 PM, said:

I agree with this. For all the annoyance of having players with 20 different premiums and 1 regular tank failing their way along they are rare, and if they are going to pay a few hundred dollars as soon as they download the game who are we to say no.

Just saw this comment and I agree with Carvin. There is actually no real difference between a noob in a premium tank or non premium. My major complaint is deliberate afk players.

"I spent 90% of my money on booze, birds and Blitz. The rest I just squandered" (George Best)

VARSC #45 Posted 08 July 2016 - 03:48 AM

Corporal

• 7253 battles
I believe that they should be able to unlock premium tanks only at the same level of their highest tier tank. This will ensure for a better gaming experience for all players as these players can learn to be assets to their teams rather than not knowing how to hull down etc. Of course in a business stand point, this may not be a good idea immediately as the newer players may get burned out from the game before purchasing premium tanks. But overall, I believe the folks at War-gaming should take the risk for the betterment of all players. Another possibility I just thought was possibly forcing these new players to watch tutorials about common concepts (such as side-scraping) when they unlock their first tank in a given tier level after level 5, this would help them improve their gaming experience and learn about tactics used historically with tanks. Of course, these are just ideas and I have no idea how hard it is to implement them in game, so I will leave that to you all. :)   

Jylpah #46 Posted 25 July 2016 - 10:46 AM

Sergeant

• 11019 battles
  • [SKUX]

I am seriously against any restrictions on buying premium tanks for these reasons:

1)  There is not any real problem in the first place: The number of premium tank players with zero experience is by far exceeded by absolute potatoes driving same tier tanks. Yes, occasionally there is a game where one loses because a Noob woth 10 battles both a Löwe, but that is just occasionally. Far more often you lose since your teammates were just potatoes or you failed yourself.

2) Rerollers & travelers would suffer: I travel many times a year to Asia and have created new account here. I have 9k battes with 57% WR in Europe with Tier X tanks. I feel I was 100% eligible to buy a tier VIII premium after 100 or so battles on Asia server. I want pass low tiers as fast as possible and therefore I have purchased IS-6 and Löwe to grind credits fast.

3) Less premium tank sales means less income to WG and that could mean prices rise elsewhere.

Rinskiev #47 Posted 13 September 2016 - 07:47 AM

Sergeant

• 8730 battles
  • [AUSIE]

I am also not so much against these wallet warriors: sometimes they will be in your team sometimes in the red team. Maybe just to prevent them to become a plague there may be restrictions based on the tier tanks they own. It is not to make sure noobs don't get too far, it is just to make it harder and limit their numbers. Some wallet warriors may be good for WG but too many is bad for them too as other players may quit...

As it has been said by Pimp, I would really fight against AFK players. They are by far much worse. I think there has been a huge effort here and in the Asia server their numbers have decreased (as compared to 1 year or so).

http://wotbstars.com/usr/asia/sig/rinskiev_leo_eng.jpeg

KittykattKat #48 Posted 09 December 2016 - 10:31 AM

Corporal

• 18810 battles
  • [RAZ]
Speaking of premium tanks.... as a paying player - could you PLEASE stop putting premium time into bundles? As someone who already has 250 days premium time (Berlin bundle added a ton for me) I DONT wish to pay for more at this time! Please restructure your bundles so I have the option of just the tank/gold combo at slightly reduced rate minus the premium time I certainly don't need.  I don't mind spending money so long as it's what I want/need/like....... 

EH_Samarth #49 Posted 11 December 2016 - 11:13 AM

Private

• 10122 battles
  • [SKUX]

A couple of suggestions 

- The new Player must own a regular tank that is the same tier as the premium tank they are trying to purchase

- They must have a 48+ wr in that said regular tank 

- A minimum of 500 games played with a 48+ wr

Laz_Diesalot #50 Posted 12 December 2016 - 06:10 AM

Corporal

• 24485 battles
  • [ARMD]

I think restrictions on what premium tanks can be bought will just mean new players will lose their way to Tier VIII as fast as they can.

The clan I was first in insisted that members got a tier VII German tank as soon as possible or be kicked out... So I "lost" my way to Tier VII....  (not deliberately losing a battle but playing without a clue, not watching after I died, and not caring if I won or lost, not learning anything, but never AFK, well apart from all the freezes, outright game crashes and lag spikes).

After 4k battles, a 42% win rate and countless hate messages I finally worked out that more progress was made by wining, and started working out how to win...... (still am).

Restrictions on buying premiums will be worthless without doing other things like limiting the amount of tanks in a battle to one (I think five was the best I did - that's die in first minute, exit and start another battle on another tank x 5), and giving zero experience and credits for AFK or zero contribution (nothing spotted, no hits, no damage from ramming, no cap points).

Anyway that's my 2 cents worth - which is all the money WG gets from me now until I'm allowed to enter tournaments (since I only play on a PC with Keyboard and mouse).

Andy_NZ #51 Posted 14 December 2016 - 06:44 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 9065 battles
  • [AWOL]
No restriction required.

__Josh007__ #52 Posted 15 December 2016 - 08:34 AM

Sergeant

• 9164 battles
  • [JG]
Base it on number of battles played please, its so frustrating when people with <100 battles are in their tier 8 premiums trying to find were the fire button is.

Gn001008blitz #53 Posted 06 February 2017 - 09:08 AM

Corporal

• 10906 battles
  • [NFLTR]

maybe those premium tanks should need extra experience to research(unlock) from normal tanks would be better,just like is3 research is6,jadgtiger research jadgtiger8.8,etc

SxClegend #54 Posted 12 February 2017 - 04:53 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 2515 battles
  • [DERPU]
Im a noob with no gold hehe
All i want in world of tanks blitz is a type 62....or maybe a su100y.Please let the tenks fall out of the sky for me

NovaWorks #55 Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:13 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 15971 battles
  • [TFD]
It is already a year and nothing has still been done? Easiest requirement is for that player to own a regular tank of the same tier as the premium tank. Easy. Done and dusted, Implement it already and Blitz would be great again.

SARNIA #56 Posted 27 April 2017 - 01:24 AM

Sergeant

• 40208 battles
  • [ECL_]

Restrict boosters that are allowing inexperienced players to grind too fast or increase free Xperia requirements!

This is a serious issue.

Think before it is too late.  EDB

_PO210_ #57 Posted 01 August 2017 - 10:02 PM

Private

• 997 battles
  • [MERCS]

View PostCALVINJJ, on 04 March 2016 - 05:01 PM, said:

yep, let the player buy the premium tsnk that is same tier of their progress on regular tanks

no let them buy a premium only 2 tiers above them

RainbowSword #58 Posted 09 August 2017 - 06:53 AM

Sergeant

• 11733 battles
  • [HKAF]

View Post_PO210_, on 02 August 2017 - 06:02 AM, said:

no let them buy a premium only 2 tiers above them

So you will see is6 or t34 drivers with only regular tier 6 tanks:sceptic:

Stats Really Do Not Matters!

Don't Let Your Dreams Be Dreams

Kabama04 #59 Posted 10 August 2017 - 03:30 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 11856 battles
  • [LTEVL]
Let them buy the “Point and Click” tanks but not the “Turn, Sidescrape, Angle, Shoot” Tanks 

"If God is for us, who can be against us?" Wargaming. Wargaming is against us. 

-Space_Ape_Marksman

RainbowSword #60 Posted 10 August 2017 - 05:14 AM

Sergeant

• 11733 battles
  • [HKAF]

View PostKabama04, on 10 August 2017 - 11:30 AM, said:

Let them buy the “Point and Click” tanks but not the “Turn, Sidescrape, Angle, Shoot” Tanks 

Wargaming should add a tier 8 premium tank named is-6 art with a 122mm derp gun which can only fire HE or HEAT. As many noobs/newbies just don't bother to aim weak spots of tanks so a HE firing premium tank is the best for them.:trollface:

Set the price of it lower so that new players can affort it for example 6000 gold.

Stats Really Do Not Matters!

Don't Let Your Dreams Be Dreams

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users