-1/+1 Match Making

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

Poll: -1/+1 for MM? (77 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 10 battles in order to participate this poll.

Change matchmaking to -1/+1?

1. Yes! (44 votes [57.14%])

Percentage of vote: 57.14%

2. No! (33 votes [42.86%])

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

Vote Hide poll

Elphaba #1 Posted 03 March 2016 - 06:15 AM

Captain

• Administrator
  • 473 battles
  • [WG]
We'd like to hear your thoughts on changing the tier spread for matchmaking to -1/+1. Vote for whether you'd like for this to happen or not and do tell us why in the comments below! :)

chironjit10drockstar #2 Posted 04 March 2016 - 08:20 AM

Sergeant

• 51583 battles
  • [APCRS]
i always play tier 10....   any matchmakin will work for me...   and sumtimes if u end in teams with 1 less tier 10  i say put your skills in test and guide the team to victory if they know english ...   jajajajajaja

Droidekool #3 Posted 04 March 2016 - 08:36 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 369 battles

+-1MM will nerf high tier gameplay.

Why? Because you dont have low tier tank to seal club anymore. No more Jegaru derping IS3 or no more T62 double COD a Tiger 2 or T34. So it will become more challenging, (fun) and more dmg to farm (maybe)

but, the good thing is, low tier players (which I assume new players or player who are still learning the game or player who try grind some low tier tanks) have a good opportunity to fight and learn the game easily. No more T29 againts the monster E75 or no more Su152 againts pesky Russian Meds the T54.

And dont forget about premium tanks, especially the IS6, T34 and Lowe. IS6 wont be able to derp tier 6 tanks  while Lowe and T34 will become (OP) better tank since they will not see tier X anymore.

NA server already done with their test and from my point of view, the result is 50/50. Some like the mm, some are not. My 2 Cents!

Trust me, I am a pure noob. But I can carry any game with my T95.

cxcxcx #4 Posted 05 March 2016 - 03:10 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 20547 battles
  • [OM3GA]
Yes, cus why not? We need to test it also, cant judge by seeing only seeing what happen at the NA when -1/+1 MM

anthonylei01 #5 Posted 05 March 2016 - 03:31 AM

Captain

• 13206 battles
  • [CPVA]

it is a mixed bag.... but this will be a clear nerf for the top players (platoons) and tier 10

WG is also require to re-balance a lot of tanks as some tanks will do better / worst with new MM, some players wont be too happy with that. Tanks will be more durable as a result of this, hence the battle time will be longer as well.

och, not to highlight the fact that a lot of us bought premium tanks with p.mm, so WG will need to do something with the credit earning coefficient or reduce the price of APCR to keep us happy.... after all, we will be shooting a lot more APCR with the new MM

---

so in short, I say no to the new MM, not because I have anything to against facing +1 / -1 tier, but with the balancing issues with tanks

Strangely_brown #6 Posted 05 March 2016 - 08:35 AM

Sergeant

• 31821 battles
  • [CATS]
It would avoid that feeling of complete uselessness when you drive a stock tank into a game against elited tanks two tiers higher than you.  When you know that almost regardless of how great a game you feel you do your fate rests entirely in the hands of the top tiers.

On the issue of the top players - it's not a nerf unless they live at tier ten. A unicum player must hate it when they can't control the game when two tiers lower but with +1/-1 they will always be able to exert more control over the game outcome. Remember, the elite you tubers out there don't post games when they are two tiers lower.

Overall, I'm all for it.

Srijan99 #7 Posted 06 March 2016 - 08:26 AM

Sergeant

• 9694 battles
  • [FIEND]
Yep I want it. It would help newbies a lot when the go from one tier to the next. And also there is a very little you can do when fighting a tank 2 tiers above you.

C'est la vie

firot #8 Posted 07 March 2016 - 03:42 AM

Private

• 18725 battles
  • [SGT-1]
Would certainly do alot better for t8s 

RoneMok #9 Posted 07 March 2016 - 04:47 AM

Captain

• 17702 battles
  • [LORDS]

+/- 1 will be good.

I am for it.

The battle field will be more balanced. Everybody has a more even chance of survival and higher performance.

When I am 2 tiers down, my feelings  are usually a "give up hope" type.

Especially when I rushed half the field and suddenly I turn back and see the highest tier tank frolicking with the maidens at base camp, or having a pee in the corner of the map. Sigh.... my feelngs would be .....sigh.

AmerSD #10 Posted 07 March 2016 - 05:05 AM

Corporal

• 3523 battles
  • [MYRED]
Works for me. I'm usually get into battle with tanks that are 2 tier above me. Even with my IS-3, its always end up in disaster for me no matter if my team win the battle. Yes, I still can penetrated their armour, but so can they but with higher damage than me. Funny thing are, I'm usually the first one who bump with the enemy higher tanks. When that happen, what can I only say is OMG. Hahahaha...

RoneMok #11 Posted 07 March 2016 - 05:18 AM

Captain

• 17702 battles
  • [LORDS]

View PostAmerSD, on 07 March 2016 - 01:05 PM, said:

Works for me. I'm usually get into battle with tanks that are 2 tier above me. Even with my IS-3, its always end up in disaster for me no matter if my team win the battle. Yes, I still can penetrated their armour, but so can they but with higher damage than me. Funny thing are, I'm usually the first one who bump with the enemy higher tanks. When that happen, what can I only say is OMG. Hahahaha...

You mentioned you are always the first to bump with enemy higher tanks.

I hope you dont mind my suggestions. I dont have a high WR, so I am not so qualified to advise many people. Hahaha...

I think your play style is very similar ro mine.

You want to get to the front,

to be the last feels like a coward,

you just want to be ahead of the queue, (but mind you, this is a strategic battle, not an F1 race),

you never released your gas pedal the moment the countdown starts, the gas is free, I know,

you didnt look around your team and wait for them to catch up with you, to fall into place, (this means letting go your gas pedal, yes, gently let go.... I know it is difficult and painful..... I know it is stuck to your finger..... Now LET GO!)

you feel that team mates are looking at you, whether you are scared to die or not... peer pressure.

Billy, dont be a hero, come back to me.......... alive.

Edited by RoneMok, 07 March 2016 - 05:20 AM.

RazorOmegaOne #12 Posted 07 March 2016 - 10:15 AM

Captain

• 9927 battles
  • [OM3GA]

No,I like the feeling of being bottom tier but still deal the highest damage and get the highest xp.

Frankly,I think +1/-1 MM would just benefit noobs since experienced players would know how to adapt,having said that,I am not saying that everyone that is support +1/-1 is a noob since some of them have decent and even inpressive stats.

I don't think we should modify such a huge aspect of the game just because a bunch of noobs moan around about being a "victim" of +1/-1 when they just do not know how to self reflect on what they did wrong and improve on it.

No doubt almost all veterans and experienced players would not welcome this change.

Edited by RazorOmegaOne, 07 March 2016 - 10:16 AM.

Proud Tanker Of SHAFT

FIGHT FOR YOUR TEAM,NOT FOR YOURSELF 

I do not expect mercy,neither should you expect any from me.

"American soldiers in battle don't fight for what some president says on T.V., they don't fight for mom, apple pie, the American flag...they fight for one another."
- Lt. Col. Hal Moore

Pimp_Daddy_XR #13 Posted 08 March 2016 - 06:35 AM

Captain

• 42223 battles

+1/-1 is a bad idea. It will just further reduce skill levels by making the game easier. Plus seeing more tanks of +/-2 adds variety of opponents. 

Introduce a proper anti afk instead of this...

"I spent 90% of my money on booze, birds and Blitz. The rest I just squandered" (George Best)

Dark_Exile_ #14 Posted 08 March 2016 - 07:33 AM

Captain

• 20955 battles
  • [UQ]
I'd be happy with a +1/-1 but only if tanks with pref MM are only -1... I know it might sound unfair, but those tanks have pref mm, for a reason.

DEPUTY COMMANDER OF "UQ HOLDER!" ||| AUSTRALIA 

If you have any concerns regarding the game or reports of AFK players, send a PM with uncensored evidence and it'll be passed on. :)

arceus1996 #15 Posted 08 March 2016 - 12:18 PM

Corporal

• 16814 battles
  • [GU4RD]

Why can't we have a test month with the aforementioned MM? Then we could probably voice a more sound and informed feedback.

2006898665.png

Proud Member of The Vanguard [GU4RD]-http://forum.wotblit...-now-recruting/

JK_STONE #16 Posted 08 March 2016 - 02:07 PM

Captain

• 11442 battles
  • [SH4FT]

Hi Elphaba,

If I recall correctly, the original purpose with 2-tier matching was to address the 'wait time' issue due to lack of player base.  Now that player base is no longer the main concern, coming back to +/-1 was foreseeable. But I think through the course of playing with potential 2 tier difference, we have also learnt to adapt.  I find that game with 2-tier tank differential isn't the biggest challenge, but rather inconsistent overall MM tiering (i.e. 7 Tier 10 vs. 7 Tier 9, extreme illustration purpose only) or extreme tank type combination difference (5 med vs 5 td).

I voted for +/-1 and believe it will not degrade play quality nor help the lazy noob players. Noob player will find a way to noob-out no matter what tiering or combination.  I also believe +/-1 is the most competitive and closest to the future clan war format. Looking at the recent success of Supremacy II videos, I noticed most games were all within 1-tier of difference (intentionally done using tier X as base) and game quality didn't degrade because of single tier difference. The biggest factor impacting play quality was tank type combination (MM) and player quality issue (Skill-base).  My 2c!

Good luck on the battlefield!

MarkTheKid #17 Posted 08 March 2016 - 02:33 PM

Corporal

• 23145 battles
  • [-RW-]
I dont agree with this why? cuz this, when there is only +1-1 MM whats the point of buying is6,jagdtiger8.8 or any other pref mm premium tanks? cuz every tank will get pref MM automatically.. darn it WG.:facepalm:

Mehliveat #18 Posted 08 March 2016 - 10:35 PM

Captain

• 16525 battles
  • [DP]

Why do people want to reduce the variety of games and dumb it down?

Seriously WHY?

You have top tiers where you can take charge and lead the attack.

You have mid tier games where you can take up different roles, front line, support etc.

You have bottom tier games where you can be sneaky and playing a supporting role.

You adapt to each situation and change the game play accordingly.

Also, I just don't get the arguments for +1-1 which seems to sum up as.  Top tier bully Bottom tier = BAD.  My question is, as a bottom tier, why are you getting yourself in situations where you can get bullied?  Why did you get yourself isolated that your top tiers can't support you.  Sure, we often get top tiers that are total noobs and its impossible to carry from bottom.  But don't people like challenges any more?  Do people just want the same game after game?

To me, +1-1 is just a further dumbing down of the game.

View PostAmerSD, on 07 March 2016 - 03:05 PM, said:

That's why you learn to play support.  You hang back slightly, let your top tiers take the lead, let them spot the reds, then you look for opportunities.  Also, you avoid trading shots with higher tiers.  You look for opportunities, you let your top tiers take the lead and be the distraction, you then flank/attack when the reds are looking the other way, or why they just fired a shot and reloading.

Pimp_Daddy_XR #19 Posted 09 March 2016 - 02:39 AM

Captain

• 42223 battles

View PostMarkTheKid, on 08 March 2016 - 09:33 PM, said:

I dont agree with this why? cuz this, when there is only +1-1 MM whats the point of buying is6,jagdtiger8.8 or any other pref mm premium tanks? cuz every tank will get pref MM automatically.. darn it WG.:facepalm:

I agree.

What refund from WG do players get who bought pref MM tanks?

"I spent 90% of my money on booze, birds and Blitz. The rest I just squandered" (George Best)

JK_STONE #20 Posted 09 March 2016 - 03:32 AM

Captain

• 11442 battles
  • [SH4FT]

View PostMarkTheKid, on 08 March 2016 - 10:33 PM, said:

I believe preferential matching is about not seeing higher tier, how many tier lower you can see is not the main focus of preferential matching.

With +/-1 system, you can still get top tier in preferential matching tanks.  Even today's format doesn't guarantee you will have tank 2-tier down every time you roll out IS-6.  Sometime it's all tier 8 or just tier 8 and 7.  The focus of preferential treatment is to ensure you will not see tier 9 or tier 10 when rolling out your IS-6.

View PostMehliveat, on 09 March 2016 - 06:35 AM, said:

Why do people want to reduce the variety of games and dumb it down?

However, I do have to agree with Mehliveat that +/- 1 will lessen the surprise factor and take away variety from the game.  

I guess we might need to better understand the 'intention' for +/- 1 consideration.  Is it about variety, competitiveness, improved MM calculation, etc..?!?

Good luck on the battlefield!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users