TD support/questions

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Diamond114 #21 Posted 19 March 2016 - 04:36 PM

Captain

• 16281 battles
  • [408]

View Post_RB_33_, on 18 March 2016 - 04:47 PM, said:

Hello everyone, it's good to be back. Work took the spotlight recently. That aside...

@Diamond114

I think I've unleashed a monster. Eversince you got your Jackson back I've been having trouble getting a mastery. It's like you and a bunch of other Jackson vets came out of the woodworks drastically raised the bar of excellence. I don't mind though. It gives me a better reason to improve :)

@topic

I just came from a match where a trio of light tanks composed of a Leo Lite, Crusader and VK28 tried to take me and my Jackson out at close-range. Lucky for them, they caught me alone sniping the opfor who were making life for my team miserable. Luckily for me the the VK28 was already damaged from a prior encounter with my teammates. I loaded APCR and adrenaline to balance the odds. The first shot went to the Leo Lite. Now you guys might be wondering, why the Leo? For me, the Leo was the most dangerous of the three because of it's auto-cannon. By the luck of the Irish, I managed to ammo rack the Leo, turning his full-health dragster into a fireworks display within a moment. The next one was the VK28. I returned to regular AP rounds this time and charged the fellow, with him at full-speed. He survived the ramming attempt and I shot him up-close with a regular 90mm round. The last was the Crusader. He managed to get behind me and pumped a few shots into my backside. Luckliy, it didn't result to an ammo rack. I then executed a reverse turn counter to his direction while turning my turret. Just before he crossed my sights, I fired set him on fire reducing his health to roughly 20%. The Crusader started to run for the hills while zigzaging. Then for some reason, he decided to just run straight. I can't complain and I finished him off. I ended my encounter with enough health to assist my teammates against a pair of opfor MTs who knew what they were doing.

Hope this helps any budding Jackson/Wolverine drivers who are currently having problems dealing with LTs or even MTs up-close.

Oops. Didn't expect the standard for Mastery to be raised as soon as I came out. Nice one with the latest Jackson game. Had a total of three games (2W x 1L) after I rebought the Jackson, connection issues prevented me from playing the whole last week. Currently suffering hits to WR on Tiger II, Luchs, Hetzer, KV-13 and KV-2. All because I rushed a bad MM period, landed myself in the noob team, and noobed out myself

"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN.

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN.

"To be a good fighter pilot, there's only one prime requisite; Think Fast, and Act Faster" - John Trevor Godfrey, 336 Sqn RAF

TitusTanker #22 Posted 21 March 2016 - 04:35 PM

Sergeant

• 10036 battles
  • [HK123]

This battle make me angry like a Angry Connor:angry:

Diamond114 #23 Posted 22 March 2016 - 12:36 PM

Captain

• 16281 battles
  • [408]

View PostTitusTanker, on 21 March 2016 - 11:35 PM, said:

This battle make me angry like a Angry Connor:angry:

What the actual F$%# was your Tier VII folks doing?!

"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN.

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN.

"To be a good fighter pilot, there's only one prime requisite; Think Fast, and Act Faster" - John Trevor Godfrey, 336 Sqn RAF

The_Violator_ #24 Posted 22 March 2016 - 02:25 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 852 battles

View PostDiamond114, on 22 March 2016 - 12:36 PM, said:

What the actual F$%# was your Tier VII folks doing?!

Typical high tier morons. Nothing new here... 

TitusTanker #25 Posted 25 March 2016 - 08:56 AM

Sergeant

• 10036 battles
  • [HK123]

Mines...

when battle start, SP1C go to hill only, one T54 going to cap circle, one T54 & Conqueror camping, IS3D go to river

after 40sec SP1C dead, three T54 enemies occupy the hill

the result is obvious...:hiding:

Private_Nemesis #26 Posted 02 April 2016 - 02:49 AM

Sergeant

• 25937 battles
  • [ANZ]

View PostB_frost, on 29 February 2016 - 04:19 AM, said:

Hmm...how about american TDs ? I think I want to start new line

Should I go through t49 or wolverine to get Hellcat ?

Which route would you recommend If I want T30 ?

I went T49 to Hellcat due to its speed

_RB_33_ #27 Posted 02 April 2016 - 03:07 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 21924 battles
  • [101AS]

View PostPrivate_Nemesis, on 02 April 2016 - 02:49 AM, said:

I went T49 to Hellcat due to its speed

How's the T49 so far in Blitz's current status? Most T49s I see tend to get fragged early in the fight. Most go YOLO, run into a Leo Lite then get killed screaming. The Hellcat seems to fare better though.

_RB_33_ #28 Posted 10 April 2016 - 04:44 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 21924 battles
  • [101AS]

Pardon the double-post. Just sharing a salvaged match.

After-Action Report 4-10-2016

Map: Dead Rail

Considering that I was one of two survivors after my team got ambushed near Dead Rail's cap, I guess I should be thankful that I was able to force a draw. During the ambush, a Vk30.01D and a Stug fell to my guns after an Allied Vk28 and I went up to their hill perch overlooking the cap. The Vk28 fell but was able to take out bothe the VK30.01D and VK28 via repeated peek-a-boom and hulldown. Down near the cap, the opfor Crom and JgPz.IV fell to my allies but they were taken down by sniper fire. After the ambush, it was me and a half-healthy KV-1S against a Vk36 a Leopard Lite and a Vk28.01. For some reason the VK heavy was a crack shot and knew what he was doing, being able to do away with the Allied Kv-1S with minimal damage. Credits to the KV-1S though for holding off the VK heavy so that I can deal with the Leo Lite and VK28. Having been able to lure both Lightmares up the hill proved to be a better proposition for a Jackson as there are rocks and other terrain obstacles preventing both LTs from being able to COD me as well as ruining supposedly clean shots at me while I kept to my usual Peek a boom and hulldown tactics. The VK28 was the first of the two to go down. Leo Lite followed shortly and is perhaps the reason why I got a Stonewall award as many of his shots kept bouncing off me. Bringing him down to roughly 45%, I rammed him then shot him at point blank. I finished my Lightmare encounter with a mere 60hp left. Then the VK heavy showed up at almost full health. At my TD's current condition and with the clock at just 15secs left, I opted for the better part of valor and denied the VK Heavy of a victory.

Edited by _RB_33_, 10 April 2016 - 04:45 PM.

Babayega_1 #29 Posted 23 April 2016 - 04:29 AM

First Lieutenant

• 20193 battles
  • [ROGUE]
Ill switch to wolverine/Jackson...the hellcat gave me nightmares...

"Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning."

- Erwin Rommel

JeanneThiccWaifu #30 Posted 24 April 2016 - 06:46 AM

Captain

• 26942 battles
  • [FEAST]

View Post_RB_33_, on 02 April 2016 - 10:07 AM, said:

How's the T49 so far in Blitz's current status? Most T49s I see tend to get fragged early in the fight. Most go YOLO, run into a Leo Lite then get killed screaming. The Hellcat seems to fare better though.

Many people mistake the role of Turreted TD's.,  they're tend to Go.with meds and flanking,spotting or even braw., The Truth is they're not suited in that role since it's TD but with turret so it doesn't need to Turn the hull for aiming and reset the camo net.,well maps in blitz is partly to blame since its too small for Traditional TD's role of sniping.,kinda not sure about T28 Prototype thou

Just.,Just  Play Fallout., this gaem succ balls

_RB_33_ #31 Posted 16 May 2016 - 10:43 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 21924 battles
  • [101AS]

@Diamond114

Any thoughts on the Jackson's survivability? I was in a recent match with a very competent KV-2 driver. At the start of my duel with him, I was already at 90% health. I was able to bring him down to 10% health then he made a briliiant move that got me dead center in his sights with my Jackson's broadside facing him. He took the shot but for some reason, I survived with 5% health left. By all accounts I should've been fragged but I survived. I took advantage of it and proceeded to win the match. After the game, both of us were scratching our heads as to how it happened, both parties having experienced seeing a full health Jackson being taken down from afar with just one shot from a KV-2.

Now, I'm not complaining that I survived but for our benefit as well as those of the other Jackson drivers, is it possible to make these kinds of situations a bit more consistent and how do we go about it? Not trying to make the Jackson OP or look OP and auch but it would be great if we could make it's survival of one shots a bit more consistent.

Diamond114 #32 Posted 17 May 2016 - 01:06 PM

Captain

• 16281 battles
  • [408]

View Post_RB_33_, on 17 May 2016 - 05:43 AM, said:

@Diamond114

Any thoughts on the Jackson's survivability? I was in a recent match with a very competent KV-2 driver. At the start of my duel with him, I was already at 90% health. I was able to bring him down to 10% health then he made a briliiant move that got me dead center in his sights with my Jackson's broadside facing him. He took the shot but for some reason, I survived with 5% health left. By all accounts I should've been fragged but I survived. I took advantage of it and proceeded to win the match. After the game, both of us were scratching our heads as to how it happened, both parties having experienced seeing a full health Jackson being taken down from afar with just one shot from a KV-2.

Now, I'm not complaining that I survived but for our benefit as well as those of the other Jackson drivers, is it possible to make these kinds of situations a bit more consistent and how do we go about it? Not trying to make the Jackson OP or look OP and auch but it would be great if we could make it's survival of one shots a bit more consistent.

You're lucky you caught me logging in today, you know that?
Honestly, you're probably both lucky and unlucky. Lucky in that you managed to somehow survived being shot in the side by a KV-2 derp gun, but unlucky in that he somehow dealt a high splash damage. I can only think of three possible factor:
1. RNG. He didn't sacrifice enough political dissidents and earn Stalin's favor lol jk.
2. Side armor: Side armor of the Jackie is sloped, which is enough to prevent guaranteed pen by derp gun. However it was thin enough that perhaps the damage that got through effective thickness was enough to bring you down to 5% health in one shot. Again, referring to RNG, my guess was he got sub-83mm pen, but dealt higher than average splash damage.
3. Turret: I suppose you have the 'Kappa' turret by now. That is really handy at reducing splash damage received. Either the shot was a shite luck shot at the side or he planted it at the turret front (?) instead and got trolled by RNG. Then again, was your turret facing him when he blasted you? ('Kappa' is the second turret, one with overhead cover. I nick'd it 'Kappa' because that's what it reminded me of the first time I saw it. Google 'Kappa Japanese folklore'.)

Conclusion: You're bloody lucky.

As for improving survivability on Jackie vs KV-2, I really can't think anything else other than; A. Avoid getting hit if possible, B. If you have to take a hit, put your front armor towards enemy and hope for the best. By the way, I saw a few KV-2s who either run the 107mm or the 122mm derp. I'll let you guess how matches paired with these guys end.

_RB_33_ #33 Posted 17 May 2016 - 03:59 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 21924 battles
  • [101AS]

View PostDiamond114, on 17 May 2016 - 01:06 PM, said:

You're lucky you caught me logging in today, you know that?
Honestly, you're probably both lucky and unlucky. Lucky in that you managed to somehow survived being shot in the side by a KV-2 derp gun, but unlucky in that he somehow dealt a high splash damage. I can only think of three possible factor:
1. RNG. He didn't sacrifice enough political dissidents and earn Stalin's favor lol jk.
2. Side armor: Side armor of the Jackie is sloped, which is enough to prevent guaranteed pen by derp gun. However it was thin enough that perhaps the damage that got through effective thickness was enough to bring you down to 5% health in one shot. Again, referring to RNG, my guess was he got sub-83mm pen, but dealt higher than average splash damage.
3. Turret: I suppose you have the 'Kappa' turret by now. That is really handy at reducing splash damage received. Either the shot was a shite luck shot at the side or he planted it at the turret front (?) instead and got trolled by RNG. Then again, was your turret facing him when he blasted you? ('Kappa' is the second turret, one with overhead cover. I nick'd it 'Kappa' because that's what it reminded me of the first time I saw it. Google 'Kappa Japanese folklore'.)

Conclusion: You're bloody lucky.

As for improving survivability on Jackie vs KV-2, I really can't think anything else other than; A. Avoid getting hit if possible, B. If you have to take a hit, put your front armor towards enemy and hope for the best. By the way, I saw a few KV-2s who either run the 107mm or the 122mm derp. I'll let you guess how matches paired with these guys end.

Yes, I was using the Kappa turret on the Jackson... And it was facing the KV-2 as well.... For all intents and purposes, what happened was literally pure luck... 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users