The German Litmares vs The Russian Bias

German Lightmares light tanks russian bias

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

_RB_33_ #1 Posted 22 February 2016 - 02:03 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 17573 battles
  • [101AS]

Reposting here a portion of my reply in the "Are TDs Pointless" thread. Plus some additional thoughts on the matter.

My thoughts on the German LT domination/invasion: a lot of folks were complaining how stronk the Russian Staliniums are. Then WG introduces a line (German at that!) that can potentially combat it and then people complain. Then WG nerfs it again and people complain about the "Russian bias". Come on people, get your mind, *expletive* or whathaveyou together! TDs and Heavies have long had it no better with the Russian bias as it is now with the German Lightmares. You can throw in the widely considered OP Comet for good measure too.

If I may add, I also drive a Leopard. It is a joy to drive. But it's still dicey to COD a heavy or a TD, turreted or not, that knows what they're doing, knowing that they can punish me severely for the simplest mistake I make. And I've also received a lot of punishment of that kind too.

Fearless forecast: When WG starts nerfing these Lightmares, people will be screaming "Russian Bias!"

P.S.

The same story also happned to the beloved Hellcat, Tortoise and Hetzer. People were screaming it's too OP forgetting that there is still Russian Bias and that it's a good counter to it. But NOOOOOOO. People kept complaining. Then the nerf came. Who are the majority of the folks who rejoiced?

Rant end.

Edited by _RB_33_, 22 February 2016 - 02:04 AM.

anthonylei01 #2 Posted 22 February 2016 - 02:55 AM

Captain

• 13482 battles
  • [CPVA]

Light tanks require different play style which common players don't have, furthermore, LTs cannot carry in most situations, I honestly don't know what the complain is about. A lot of LT drivers yolo, the same way they did for MT, HT and TD. 

The tank is only OP when the drivers are! My way to deal with LTs are not to chase them down. Let them come to u and be prepare for it. As for Russian tanks.... They are always tough to crack, but can be done, I always try to cross fire as all tanks cannot angle the armor against 2 different angle, may be except British TD.

_RB_33_ #3 Posted 22 February 2016 - 04:35 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 17573 battles
  • [101AS]

View Postanthonylei01, on 22 February 2016 - 02:55 AM, said:

Light tanks require different play style which common players don't have, furthermore, LTs cannot carry in most situations, I honestly don't know what the complain is about. A lot of LT drivers yolo, the same way they did for MT, HT and TD. 

The tank is only OP when the drivers are! My way to deal with LTs are not to chase them down. Let them come to u and be prepare for it. As for Russian tanks.... They are always tough to crack, but can be done, I always try to cross fire as all tanks cannot angle the armor against 2 different angle, may be except British TD.

I'm afraid I was not able to get my point across. All of your points regarding LTs are valid especially the different playstyle. I can attest to it as I am still adjusting to it's playstyle coming from a TD background. There is nothing in your reply that I can disagree with.

Regarding my complaint, I'd like to think of it as a question thrown into a crowd. I'm sure you've seen a lot of posts as to how the German LTs have changed the game in such a way that long-time TD and heavy players are now leaving their tanks in the garage in favor of MTs or LTs.

You yourself have posted ways on how to deal with the LT threat and that they are not godly as made to look like. The only reason why the Russian Bias was involved here is because many people have ranted about the said bias and adjusted to it at the end of the day. WG comes up with a line, a German line at that, to make things interesting and then I see people left and right shouting that these LTs have ruined the game.

Kind of double standard don't you think?

And then with all the complaints about the LTs comes the nerf. And shouts of "Russian Bias!".

Babayega_1 #4 Posted 22 February 2016 - 05:52 AM

First Lieutenant

• 14822 battles
  • [ROGUE]

View Post_RB_33_, on 22 February 2016 - 04:35 AM, said:

I'm afraid I was not able to get my point across. All of your points regarding LTs are valid especially the different playstyle. I can attest to it as I am still adjusting to it's playstyle coming from a TD background. There is nothing in your reply that I can disagree with.

Regarding my complaint, I'd like to think of it as a question thrown into a crowd. I'm sure you've seen a lot of posts as to how the German LTs have changed the game in such a way that long-time TD and heavy players are now leaving their tanks in the garage in favor of MTs or LTs.

You yourself have posted ways on how to deal with the LT threat and that they are not godly as made to look like. The only reason why the Russian Bias was involved here is because many people have ranted about the said bias and adjusted to it at the end of the day. WG comes up with a line, a German line at that, to make things interesting and then I see people left and right shouting that these LTs have ruined the game.

And then with all the complaints about the LTs comes the nerf. And shouts of "Russian Bias!".

haha sorry kabayan, I was kind of scatterbrain there regarding my response. I totally agree with you. I mean, for almost every update I encountered since started playing WOT, it somehow revolves around the German Nerf and Russian Bias. I guess no matter how much WG would like to make it a level playing field, people would still cry Russian Bias or Nerf German ___ tank. I myself cried foul with the speed and firepower there lightmares pack so I tried playing in one and I liked it. It has put the word German Blitz in a new light and exposed a lot of "holes" in the previous gameplay where Heavies are the best way to go up the Tiering. 

I just hope that we would "enjoy" this new gameplay dimension longer than 2 updates with no "nerfing" or buffing because it really made WOTB interesting for me with the intro of these German Lightmares.

Btw, +1 for the term Lightmares, i like it hehe

"Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning."

- Erwin Rommel

Maverickdh #5 Posted 22 February 2016 - 06:09 AM

Captain

• 40752 battles
  • [BEAST]

well said and lets remmber the German LT line only goes up to tier8

the fact is the majority of people playing in the lower tiers being hammered are being hammered by seal clubbers enjoying the new tank, its not the tanks that are OP, its the drivers!

Im sorted in the Leo up, but Luchs down Im dog poo, cant drive to a win no matter what, usually the last to survive 3 times the HP of anyone else and still lose in my Luchs, I prefer dog fighting with better players than noobs quite frankly and tier 4 down drives me insane unless Im platooning with my buddy Rock Sam, lol

tier 5 down and some Gold buying tier X noobs per below!

Posted Image

Stop the nerf campign and learn to drive yr tanks stop blamming perceived op tanks

Edited by Maverickdh, 22 February 2016 - 06:12 AM.

_RB_33_ #6 Posted 22 February 2016 - 06:53 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 17573 battles
  • [101AS]
Finally! People who see the situation for what it is. Well said Maverick, it's the driver not the tank.

anthonylei01 #7 Posted 22 February 2016 - 07:17 AM

Captain

• 13482 battles
  • [CPVA]

View Post_RB_33_, on 22 February 2016 - 12:35 PM, said:

I don't work for WG, so I cannot answer your question on double standard..... but I really dont agree light tanks "ruined the game"

the game is moving forward with time with constant introduction of new contents and tanks, and I personally believe there are some tankers out there who have trouble adopting their play style and concluded that the new contents "ruined the game". It is like taking away the strength they happily enjoy for some time and now it is gone. To my eyes, they should adopt or leave..... It is a fact that the recent updates favored the LTs and MTs, which is why I shifted as well and parked all HTs and TDs. However, it is not the end of HTs and MTs, they still have their purpose, especially for tier 9/10 games, platoon and clan war.

So, even if WG decided to nerf the LTs, which they might, may be a slight nerf in camo rating and speed, which is the whole purpose of LTs, but that wont change the game dynamic.

anthonylei01 #8 Posted 22 February 2016 - 07:21 AM

Captain

• 13482 battles
  • [CPVA]

View PostMaverickdh, on 22 February 2016 - 02:09 PM, said:

the fact is the majority of people playing in the lower tiers being hammered are being hammered by seal clubbers enjoying the new tank, its not the tanks that are OP, its the drivers!

Im sorted in the Leo up, but Luchs down Im dog poo, cant drive to a win no matter what, usually the last to survive 3 times the HP of anyone else and still lose in my Luchs, I prefer dog fighting with better players than noobs quite frankly and tier 4 down drives me insane unless Im platooning with my buddy Rock Sam, lol

Stop the nerf campign and learn to drive yr tanks stop blamming perceived op tanks

mmmm, you should not be mad with tier 4 or 5 tanks.... most of them are only 100 - 200 games into WoT. Only play low tier if you are prepared to carry hard, like over 50% of the team damage output!

Mel1337 #9 Posted 22 February 2016 - 07:35 AM

First Lieutenant

• 11240 battles
  • [VEST]

View Post_RB_33_, on 22 February 2016 - 04:35 AM, said:

In short, WG can't please everyone, no matter what they do, somebody's bound to whine and/or scream about it.

On the subject of LTs, russian LTs are even more ridiculous later on, especially when T-54 ltwt. gets introduced to blitz, it will make the german lights look like chihuahuas

Babayega_1 #10 Posted 22 February 2016 - 07:52 AM

First Lieutenant

• 14822 battles
  • [ROGUE]

View PostMaverickdh, on 22 February 2016 - 06:09 AM, said:

Posted Image

hahaha i like the whole membership form hahaha

oh well, blitz isnt a german word for nothing so what the heck, lets freeze them with soviet cold killing machines like KV-2 and ISU-152 (talking this way when Im driving a russian tank)

"Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning."

- Erwin Rommel

Sewah #11 Posted 22 February 2016 - 08:01 AM

Corporal

• 10109 battles
  • [SEAL]

For me the 1st lightmare I own is the dragon  :)

_RB_33_ #12 Posted 22 February 2016 - 08:51 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 17573 battles
  • [101AS]

View Postanthonylei01, on 22 February 2016 - 07:17 AM, said:

I don't work for WG, so I cannot answer your question on double standard..... but I really dont agree light tanks "ruined the game"

the game is moving forward with time with constant introduction of new contents and tanks, and I personally believe there are some tankers out there who have trouble adopting their play style and concluded that the new contents "ruined the game". It is like taking away the strength they happily enjoy for some time and now it is gone. To my eyes, they should adopt or leave..... It is a fact that the recent updates favored the LTs and MTs, which is why I shifted as well and parked all HTs and TDs. However, it is not the end of HTs and MTs, they still have their purpose, especially for tier 9/10 games, platoon and clan war.

So, even if WG decided to nerf the LTs, which they might, may be a slight nerf in camo rating and speed, which is the whole purpose of LTs, but that wont change the game dynamic.

Like I said, I'm not disagreeing with you as the points that you mentioned are on the spot. I do acknowledge though that given the nature of the game and maps' necessarily small size, it's a brawlers game that happened to suit the offensive mindset design of the Russian tanks.

Edited by _RB_33_, 22 February 2016 - 08:52 AM.

anthonylei01 #13 Posted 22 February 2016 - 09:00 AM

Captain

• 13482 battles
  • [CPVA]

View PostMel1337, on 22 February 2016 - 03:35 PM, said:

In short, WG can't please everyone, no matter what they do, somebody's bound to whine and/or scream about it.

On the subject of LTs, russian LTs are even more ridiculous later on, especially when T-54 ltwt. gets introduced to blitz, it will make the german lights look like chihuahuas

yes, I am waiting for the Russian light tanks as well.... At least the t-54 light got some armor.

deongunner #14 Posted 22 February 2016 - 09:02 AM

First Lieutenant

• 6385 battles
  • [KG_70]
LT will eat TD alive. The thing is, even Stallin Vodka coated tank KV-2, I'm still fear about German Lights in it. I remember when I met RB in Temple, I was so panicked and I was lucky that I don't get cliped nor carouseled. I also often miss my 152 mm shells at very close range due to KV-2 super slow traverse speed (yup, it hurts) so German Lights can intimidate Russian Bias. Sure its fun to one shot German lights, but only when they are stationary or not tunnel vision at me, KV-2 is a Heavy but with TD level of traverse speed and if you ask me the KV-2 is a TD and not a Heavy. Medium is bane for Lights though, in an concealed area especially, my new Pz IV D works very well against Lights. You can also see my point of view in Light tanks in my recent post.

Working on a Clan Youtube channel with friends - Waiting for clan members to accept

WR_70 (Warmachine Destroyer) - KG_70 Joint association (THE KNIGHT) - "Cooperation Leads Us to Victory"  

_RB_33_ #15 Posted 22 February 2016 - 09:08 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 17573 battles
  • [101AS]

View Postdeongunner, on 22 February 2016 - 09:02 AM, said:

LT will eat TD alive. The thing is, even Stallin Vodka coated tank KV-2, I'm still fear about German Lights in it. I remember when I met RB in Temple, I was so panicked and I was lucky that I don't get cliped nor carouseled. I also often miss my 152 mm shells at very close range due to KV-2 super slow traverse speed (yup, it hurts) so German Lights can intimidate Russian Bias. Sure its fun to one shot German lights, but only when they are stationary or not tunnel vision at me, KV-2 is a Heavy but with TD level of traverse speed and if you ask me the KV-2 is a TD and not a Heavy. Medium is bane for Lights though, in an concealed area especially, my new Pz IV D works very well against Lights. You can also see my point of view in Light tanks in my recent post.

Bro, even if I could've clipped you (I wasn't carrying the auto-cannon that time), I wouldn't dare COD you because apart from your KV2's gun that could kill me in an instant, you've placed yourself well within your team that I can only do a quick drive-by shooting (I missed) and get out before your teammates fry me. Excellent placement and foresight. :)

anthonylei01 #16 Posted 22 February 2016 - 09:10 AM

Captain

• 13482 battles
  • [CPVA]

View Postdeongunner, on 22 February 2016 - 05:02 PM, said:

u should see how a comet can bully light tanks! Tracking them is is really fun. Sure they repair it with kit.... But that is usually useless, as I track the again 4s later :)

Ramming them is my way of saying hello! 

deongunner #17 Posted 22 February 2016 - 09:13 AM

First Lieutenant

• 6385 battles
  • [KG_70]

View Post_RB_33_, on 22 February 2016 - 04:08 PM, said:

Bro, even if I could've clipped you (I wasn't carrying the auto-cannon that time), I wouldn't dare COD you because apart from your KV2's gun that could kill me in an instant, you've placed yourself well within your team that I can only do a quick drive-by shooting (I missed) and get out before your teammates fry me. Excellent placement and foresight. :)

Haha yeah, but my traverse as I mentioned is so so horrible, I missed a Leopard two days ago in 10 meter range, and thats not only suck but make my position much more prone to the enemy, and I got slaughtered by the opfor Tiger P, still I got lucky because the enemy don't rush me on most of the times after I misfire my cannon, although Russian Bias is so troll, on the same day I put an HE rounds into side of T-44, doing over 1100 damage within 50 meter range.

Working on a Clan Youtube channel with friends - Waiting for clan members to accept

WR_70 (Warmachine Destroyer) - KG_70 Joint association (THE KNIGHT) - "Cooperation Leads Us to Victory"  

_RB_33_ #18 Posted 22 February 2016 - 09:13 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 17573 battles
  • [101AS]

View Postanthonylei01, on 22 February 2016 - 09:10 AM, said:

u should see how a comet can bully light tanks! Tracking them is is really fun. Sure they repair it with kit.... But that is usually useless, as I track the again 4s later :)

Ramming them is my way of saying hello! 

THIS. Ramming for the win :)

@deongunner

Haha yep, sometimes, it's all up to the roll of the dice.

Edited by _RB_33_, 22 February 2016 - 09:14 AM.

xXYolo_Noob_DriverXx #19 Posted 22 February 2016 - 01:34 PM

Captain

• 13074 battles
  • [WOTSG]
Everyone says T28 tier IV sucks. Not for me, it can penetrate matilda with top gun. And if you know where to aim, you can damage front armor. Newbie  just complain because they think they can damage so long as they hit the tank.

Edited by xXYolo_Noob_DriverXx, 22 February 2016 - 01:34 PM.

Sign this petition against AFKs, Bots, and Trolls

https://www.change.o...olators-in-wotb

Lore's: IS-3D, Rudy, Angry Connor, E25, Fearless, Dragon, JgTg Snowstorm, Dedicated Warrior, Stalwart, Victory

JPS_Deathwalker #20 Posted 22 February 2016 - 01:36 PM

Captain

• 15788 battles
Introduction of higher tier light tanks... I didn't really fear those tanks. Wasn't particularly OP for a few of them, and some are plain mediocre. 

When you want to succeed as much as you want to live to breathe, then only you will succeed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users