In-Game Gifting

• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

Poll: Ingame gifting (338 members have cast votes)

Do you want this feature

1. Yes (326 votes [96.45%])

Percentage of vote: 96.45%

2. No (12 votes [3.55%])

Percentage of vote: 3.55%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

JxZiel #81 Posted 30 August 2016 - 06:10 AM

Sergeant

• 10438 battles
  • [JOKAZ]

View PostxX_V_Clova_V_Xx, on 28 August 2016 - 10:00 AM, said:

As my logic of the meaning as I refer it as, I meant it as people would create spam accounts to promote themselves for gold, but as an above answer, an actual payment to gifting would change my whole answer as I stated before ^ now I understand the 3rd person view. 

I appreciate your consideration, I'd like to apologise if my answer/opinion didn't come clear to you.

kind regards, xX_V_Clova_V_Xx

have a great evening :)

Ah ok, thanks for clarifying. You too. Have fun on the bottlefield! :great:

GLOSSARY

JOKAR: (noun; singular; pronounced JO-CAAR... like JO-MAAMA) - A member of the dashingly jocular band of WOTB tank and kilt lovers.

JOKAZ: (noun; plural; pronounce JO-CUZ) - The collective of JOKAR. Usually in the shape of an overcrammed tank.

JOCULAR: (adjective) - In a state of humour or jesting. The mindset of all JOKAZ.

OMINOUS: (adjective) - The expression on all JOKAZ wives/partners' faces after a hard and frivolous day's gaming while skillfully neglecting domestic duties.

KAMIKAZE: (noun; singular) - A hangry JOKAR; (verb) - A JOKAR perfecting the art of respawning.

KILT: (noun; singular) - If you don't know what this is you're wearing one too many layers!

COMMANDER: (noun; singular) - The pinnacle of JOKAR and WOTB sexiness... except when he looks in a mirror.

COMMANDERS: (noun; plural) - The commander stuck in a house of mirrors. Can't ...handle ...the ...sexiness ...KILL THOSE USURPERS!

Elite911 #82 Posted 30 August 2016 - 06:14 AM

Moderator Lead

• Senior Moderator
  • 137 battles
  • [B2DV]

View PostJxZiel, on 30 August 2016 - 03:40 PM, said:

Ah ok, thanks for clarifying. You too. Have fun on the bottlefield! :great:

"Bottlefield"? Someone's been drinking? :hiding:

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to PM me.
For gameplay advice, try the WG Wiki or ask on the forums.
For reporting players, appealing bans, financial issues, etc, please contact Support. You can also report players to me, make sure you provide evidence, such as screenshots or a video.
WoT Blitz game and forum rules can be found here: Game Rules - Forum Rules.

JxZiel #83 Posted 01 September 2016 - 02:00 PM

Sergeant

• 10438 battles
  • [JOKAZ]

View PostElite911, on 30 August 2016 - 06:14 AM, said:

"Bottlefield"? Someone's been drinking? :hiding:

Haha. Whether drunk or sober I like to imagine our tanks are driving around in a little display case nestled on a mantelpiece... miniature tankers dreaming of freedom beyond the red line :rolleyes:

GLOSSARY

JOKAR: (noun; singular; pronounced JO-CAAR... like JO-MAAMA) - A member of the dashingly jocular band of WOTB tank and kilt lovers.

JOKAZ: (noun; plural; pronounce JO-CUZ) - The collective of JOKAR. Usually in the shape of an overcrammed tank.

JOCULAR: (adjective) - In a state of humour or jesting. The mindset of all JOKAZ.

OMINOUS: (adjective) - The expression on all JOKAZ wives/partners' faces after a hard and frivolous day's gaming while skillfully neglecting domestic duties.

KAMIKAZE: (noun; singular) - A hangry JOKAR; (verb) - A JOKAR perfecting the art of respawning.

KILT: (noun; singular) - If you don't know what this is you're wearing one too many layers!

COMMANDER: (noun; singular) - The pinnacle of JOKAR and WOTB sexiness... except when he looks in a mirror.

COMMANDERS: (noun; plural) - The commander stuck in a house of mirrors. Can't ...handle ...the ...sexiness ...KILL THOSE USURPERS!

Conrad_Von_Maur #84 Posted 21 October 2016 - 09:29 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 25705 battles
  • [RNP]
hacked account, gift all hacked account resources to hackers account...

Elite911 #85 Posted 21 October 2016 - 09:02 PM

Moderator Lead

• Senior Moderator
  • 137 battles
  • [B2DV]
The idea for in-game gifting is to purchase items from the store and then gift it to someone else, this is not for gifting items you already own.

For reporting players, appealing bans, financial issues, etc, please contact Support. You can also report players to me, make sure you provide evidence, such as screenshots or a video.

Compulsarize #86 Posted 04 November 2016 - 03:10 PM

Corporal

• 4032 battles
  • [MYT]

View PostDr_Jedi, on 18 February 2016 - 02:26 PM, said:

We should be able to gift gold.

Except the gold earned by doing tutorial.

Or you know what will happen.

So maybe just freshly bought gold can be shared?

Good idea... You let gold earned during tutorial be shared the world will end: Players will create innumerous alternate accounts and WG servers would be down for like a year :|

The_Gaffer #87 Posted 12 November 2016 - 03:14 PM

Captain

• 53801 battles
  • [SHIRE]

View PostElite911, on 22 October 2016 - 07:02 AM, said:

The idea for in-game gifting is to purchase items from the store and then gift it to someone else, this is not for gifting items you already own.

That is all I would ask for, although that time seems to have passed by. The game is winding down, players giving up or at least not playing it as much. I can't think of anyone I platoon with who I could gift something to yet there was a time I wanted to help out lots of players, none of whom still play the game. :(

"It's the job that's never started as takes longest to finish."

Blitzkrieg_44 #88 Posted 13 November 2016 - 08:12 AM

Corporal

• 9708 battles
I'm a clan leader, i can use this if my clan mates doing good things, i want to give them a reward :)

Clan Leader 

Discord:https://discord.gg/CjwhXw5

SpawnIscariot #89 Posted 13 November 2016 - 08:58 AM

First Lieutenant

• 33861 battles
  • [STORM]

View PostGandalf_Stormcrow, on 30 May 2016 - 06:13 PM, said:

I can see other opportunities here. "How about 10,000 gold to anyone who platoons with me in my Lowe until it's win rate hits 50%"? Talented guys can earn gold carrying mere mortals to achieve their goals, hopefully learning from them in the process. 

...and there's the potential problem, looks like I'm going to have to change my vote to 'NO'.

"I paid Player_SOnSO a Warchest to do such and such and he didn't deliver"

"Player_WHATSit offered a Warchest to tutor him and didn't pay up"

"VVG FIX THIS, blah, blergh, bloop..."

"Apple refund me from thieving VVG..."

etc, and so forth, ad nauseum...

On the other hand, at least there'll be a new hot topic on the Forums...

I Don't Give A Damn About Your Shoes 

I Want Your SOLES! 

http://media.indiati..._1437118329.jpg

"I do not fear failure. I only fear the slowing up of the engine inside of me which is pounding, saying, Keep going, someone must be on top of the hill, why not you?"

General George S. Patton Jr.-Advice for Mines & Malinovka.

Munkyshines #90 Posted 03 December 2016 - 09:41 PM

Sergeant

• 619 battles
I have 95 spare garage spots I would donate quite a few of those if I could to help others out.
"It does not bother the Wolf how many the Sheep may be"

Elite911 #91 Posted 04 December 2016 - 09:02 AM

Moderator Lead

• Senior Moderator
  • 137 battles
  • [B2DV]
At 460 battles you decided to get that much?

Maddoxkkm #92 Posted 04 December 2016 - 01:49 PM

Captain

• 36383 battles
  • [FEAST]

View PostElite911, on 04 December 2016 - 05:02 PM, said:

probably an alt or from other server (?)

Leader of FEAST (Fulcra of the East), Twister Cup 2018 Asia Server Champion

Developer of SerBot (Discord Stats Bot) & Mod Site MadWoTBMods

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. " ~Winston Churchill

Munkyshines #93 Posted 08 December 2016 - 05:42 AM

Sergeant

• 619 battles

View PostElite911, on 04 December 2016 - 07:02 PM, said:

I got carried away with that deal that came with garage slots and credits.... very carried away actually.

Munkyshines #94 Posted 08 December 2016 - 05:45 AM

Sergeant

• 619 battles

View PostMaddoxkkm, on 04 December 2016 - 11:49 PM, said:

probably an alt or from other server (?)

No just had a week of crazy spending as mentioned above. Feeling some buyers remorse and have now only got a bank card that does not have visa access. Forced self control as I can only buy if I make the effort to get iTunes cards instead of having credit details in iTunes Store.

Edited by Munkyshines, 08 December 2016 - 05:45 AM.

__Josh007__ #95 Posted 19 December 2016 - 09:22 AM

Sergeant

• 10221 battles
  • [JG]
I cant see any reasons to vote no so i support this idea.

The_Gaffer #96 Posted 24 December 2016 - 06:05 AM

Captain

• 53801 battles
  • [SHIRE]

View PostSpawnIscariot, on 13 November 2016 - 06:58 PM, said:

...and there's the potential problem, looks like I'm going to have to change my vote to 'NO'.

"I paid Player_SOnSO a Warchest to do such and such and he didn't deliver"

"Player_WHATSit offered a Warchest to tutor him and didn't pay up"

"VVG FIX THIS, blah, blergh, bloop..."

"Apple refund me from thieving VVG..."

etc, and so forth, ad nauseum...

On the other hand, at least there'll be a new hot topic on the Forums...

I hear you, but that would be no different, in my admittedly aged opinion, to all the other complaints: "This guy was AFK!", "This guy blocked me!", "This guy told me to do unmentionable things to my mother!", "This guy one-shotted me!", "I didn't receive an M60!"

Giving rewards to just anyone in the hope they will deliver is, of course, foolhardy. I am referring to guys you have know for a while. I have made friends on here from other countries who have met up with me when visiting Sydney. It would be really nice to be able to send a gift to guys like that to thank them for platooning with you, teaching you something, or otherwise just being darn nice guys to have in the game. 

I have had guys from clans who shouldn't even look in my direction (GRUMP, OXO) send me friend requests and platoon invites. It must sound cheesy to you pros but it really means something to me and I would like to be able to do more than say "Thanks for the games/training session" afterwards. I would feel more comfortable asking them to show me how they play a certain tank if I know I can offer them something for their time and, even if they decline, send them some gold anyway.

Edited by Gandalf_Stormcrow, 24 December 2016 - 06:09 AM.

"It's the job that's never started as takes longest to finish."

SeppD #97 Posted 26 January 2017 - 10:18 PM

Private

• 25102 battles
  • [KIWI1]

Speaking as a clan leader I would certainly like to see some gifting/trading function bought into the game and I also would like to see an accept/decline option on the receivers end. This would certainly make things a lot easier in respect to internal clan competition rewards.

SeppD o7 

AaRoNtheReAPeR #98 Posted 05 February 2017 - 07:41 PM

Corporal

• 34447 battles
  • [PHNIX]
This is going to be very useful if you can share your gold specially if your friend don't have any credit card or debit card to purchase gold to the store...

Creighton_Abrams #99 Posted 08 February 2017 - 01:38 PM

First Lieutenant

• 24487 battles
  • [XYZ_1]

Under the current description, I would vote "No" .

Simply because if you open up the distribution of Gold, or other benefits to 3rd parties, then inevitably - this will end up being hijacked by Gambling parties, and other unscrupulous entities - I believe we all may have seen the recent news about another Game hitting the headlines for just those same issues. 

If Gifting is to be seriously considered, then WG may need to check whether it is legally allowed within the various regions it operates.  Any thoughts ?

SxClegend #100 Posted 12 February 2017 - 04:51 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 2574 battles
I really need gold for a pz5/4 and im f2p
All i want in world of tanks blitz is a type 62....or maybe a su100y.Please let the tenks fall out of the sky for me

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users