In-Game Gifting

• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

Poll: Ingame gifting (338 members have cast votes)

Do you want this feature

1. Yes (326 votes [96.45%])

Percentage of vote: 96.45%

2. No (12 votes [3.55%])

Percentage of vote: 3.55%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

The_Gaffer #61 Posted 30 May 2016 - 08:13 AM

Captain

• 53801 battles
  • [SHIRE]
I can see other opportunities here. "How about 10,000 gold to anyone who platoons with me in my Lowe until it's win rate hits 50%"? Talented guys can earn gold carrying mere mortals to achieve their goals, hopefully learning from them in the process. 

"It's the job that's never started as takes longest to finish."

StealthProjekt #62 Posted 31 May 2016 - 09:20 AM

Corporal

• 647 battles
I want this feature so people can give me heaps of stuff lol
 PROJEKT  ☠

Lamborghini_Aventador #63 Posted 28 June 2016 - 08:22 AM

Private

• 20134 battles
  • [IF-BC]
It would be ice to not only gift gold but credits even though the economy for world of tanks blitz is better than world of tanks pc.

Edited by Lamborghini_Aventador, 27 July 2016 - 06:43 AM.

ashisidhu7 #64 Posted 29 June 2016 - 09:42 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 17701 battles
  • [-AIB-]

View PostiB055, on 18 February 2016 - 07:51 PM, said:

So we've been asking for this a long time. Maybe it's time to collect some hard evidence so wg can see that it's worth the effort to implement the feature since so many will be using it. So it's a simple poll. Please vote yes if you'd like a gifting mechanic in the game store so you gift gold and stuff to people. And vote no if you think it's a waste of time. 

gold ? people would make fake acc. to transfer free gold

2012022002.png

#DON'T KILL AUTOLOADERS

The_Gaffer #65 Posted 04 July 2016 - 12:56 PM

Captain

• 53801 battles
  • [SHIRE]

View Postashisidhu7, on 29 June 2016 - 07:42 PM, said:

gold ? people would make fake acc. to transfer free gold

The proposal is that you can't transfer gold from your account. You can only choose someone to buy gold for. So you pay for it, from the shop, and it goes to another player. That's not the same as transferring gold you already have. Having to buy it will eliminate this potential for exploitation.

"It's the job that's never started as takes longest to finish."

SC0RPI0 #66 Posted 18 July 2016 - 11:52 PM

Private

• 52 battles

You get what 1500 free gold ( can't remember exactly) if you do the tutorial and provide an email account.

How desperate would people need to be to create multiple accounts to scrounge that small amount of gold.

Hardly worth the effort, however my partner has a couple of premium tanks and she doesn't play anymore, it would be nice to be able to get those off her.

They get transferred without equipment etc so I don't see the big deal.....except WG are the greediest f***wads the world has ever seen.

Interius Fortitudo

Swiftter7 #67 Posted 24 July 2016 - 03:02 PM

Sergeant

• 10702 battles
  • [JOKAZ]

Pretty good idea actually! If WoT, WoWs, WoWp has the option to purchase vehicles for other players, why can't blitz have it? You can't transfer gold from one account to another in the 3 other games, so if WG sticks to this rule in their coding, it would be simple as 123 by just copying the codes into blitz(?).

And this still isnt implemented after 5 months, what the hay WG??? Make it cost like $1 more for doing this gold/ tank gifting thingy is an idea as a "penalty" for making this approach.

JUST DO IT WG ;-;

JK_STONE #68 Posted 01 August 2016 - 02:48 AM

Captain

• 11539 battles
  • [SH4FT]

To WG:

If you are considering this feature, please consider allowing players to buy gold and "distribute" to multiple players.  This will encourage buyer to buy 'bigger' package and share/distribute to others. 

Sometime we host private contest and might want to give gold as reward to top 10 players.  With ability to do distribution, it will make it easier for buyer to buy and hand-out the quantity accordingly.  This concept might also encourage more gold buying behavior, we buy some for ourselves and also gift some to our platoon mates or whomever we enjoy this game with.

Good luck on the battlefield!

JK_STONE #69 Posted 01 August 2016 - 02:50 AM

Captain

• 11539 battles
  • [SH4FT]

View PostLamborghini_Aventador, on 28 June 2016 - 04:22 PM, said:

It would be ice to not only gift gold but credits even though the economy for world of tanks blitz is better than world of tanks pc.

When you gift 'gold', gold can be converted to silver, FreeXp, or whatever you want!

JK_STONE #70 Posted 01 August 2016 - 02:51 AM

Captain

• 11539 battles
  • [SH4FT]

View PostSC0RPI0, on 19 July 2016 - 07:52 AM, said:

You get what 1500 free gold ( can't remember exactly) if you do the tutorial and provide an email account.

How desperate would people need to be to create multiple accounts to scrounge that small amount of gold.

Hardly worth the effort, however my partner has a couple of premium tanks and she doesn't play anymore, it would be nice to be able to get those off her.

They get transferred without equipment etc so I don't see the big deal.....except WG are the greediest f***wads the world has ever seen.

You probably didn't read the thread, you cannot transfer gold in your account.

The idea is to "Buy" gold for others, either as way to encourage their play by clan leader or simply as a way to say Thank you to someone who help you play better.

Mr_Goose404 #71 Posted 04 August 2016 - 04:00 AM

Corporal

• 18995 battles
  • [A_B_T]

What about unconverted exp with a taxing factor and only if the that wants the exp to be gifted to them has had to of had a tier X first and over 100 battles just so that people don't give exp to anyone they see fit and so they don't just fly though the low tires E.g 2,3,4,5 and new comers don't just ask for E.g 100,000 exp to get out of the tanks they don't want to play, and the gifted exp has a higher exchange rate E.g  2 gold for 25exp or something like that, I'm only throwing a spanner in the works

deltafox13 #72 Posted 10 August 2016 - 06:44 AM

Corporal

• 16151 battles
  • [-AIB-]
Wouldn't it become bettings between people?

JxZiel #73 Posted 14 August 2016 - 03:02 AM

Sergeant

• 10438 battles
  • [JOKAZ]
So any admins know whether this is being put into future updates? If so, any idea of timescale?

Edited by JxZiel, 14 August 2016 - 03:02 AM.

GLOSSARY

JOKAR: (noun; singular; pronounced JO-CAAR... like JO-MAAMA) - A member of the dashingly jocular band of WOTB tank and kilt lovers.

JOKAZ: (noun; plural; pronounce JO-CUZ) - The collective of JOKAR. Usually in the shape of an overcrammed tank.

JOCULAR: (adjective) - In a state of humour or jesting. The mindset of all JOKAZ.

OMINOUS: (adjective) - The expression on all JOKAZ wives/partners' faces after a hard and frivolous day's gaming while skillfully neglecting domestic duties.

KAMIKAZE: (noun; singular) - A hangry JOKAR; (verb) - A JOKAR perfecting the art of respawning.

KILT: (noun; singular) - If you don't know what this is you're wearing one too many layers!

COMMANDER: (noun; singular) - The pinnacle of JOKAR and WOTB sexiness... except when he looks in a mirror.

COMMANDERS: (noun; plural) - The commander stuck in a house of mirrors. Can't ...handle ...the ...sexiness ...KILL THOSE USURPERS!

Elite911 #74 Posted 15 August 2016 - 03:52 PM

Moderator Lead

• Senior Moderator
  • 137 battles
  • [B2DV]
I believe it will be, but I'm not sure when.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to PM me.
For gameplay advice, try the WG Wiki or ask on the forums.
For reporting players, appealing bans, financial issues, etc, please contact Support. You can also report players to me, make sure you provide evidence, such as screenshots or a video.
WoT Blitz game and forum rules can be found here: Game Rules - Forum Rules.

JxZiel #75 Posted 17 August 2016 - 12:13 PM

Sergeant

• 10438 battles
  • [JOKAZ]

View PostElite911, on 15 August 2016 - 03:52 PM, said:

I believe it will be, but I'm not sure when.

Ok thanks. Hopefully sooner than later

GLOSSARY

JOKAR: (noun; singular; pronounced JO-CAAR... like JO-MAAMA) - A member of the dashingly jocular band of WOTB tank and kilt lovers.

JOKAZ: (noun; plural; pronounce JO-CUZ) - The collective of JOKAR. Usually in the shape of an overcrammed tank.

JOCULAR: (adjective) - In a state of humour or jesting. The mindset of all JOKAZ.

OMINOUS: (adjective) - The expression on all JOKAZ wives/partners' faces after a hard and frivolous day's gaming while skillfully neglecting domestic duties.

KAMIKAZE: (noun; singular) - A hangry JOKAR; (verb) - A JOKAR perfecting the art of respawning.

KILT: (noun; singular) - If you don't know what this is you're wearing one too many layers!

COMMANDER: (noun; singular) - The pinnacle of JOKAR and WOTB sexiness... except when he looks in a mirror.

COMMANDERS: (noun; plural) - The commander stuck in a house of mirrors. Can't ...handle ...the ...sexiness ...KILL THOSE USURPERS!

xX_V_Clova_V_Xx #76 Posted 26 August 2016 - 08:37 AM

Sergeant

• 2537 battles
  • [BCI]

My opinion on this topic is, giving/rewarding players or gifting people them to one-another would make WoT way too easy! •Waring would be too easy.

•Tank purchases would be done quick and easy.

Gifting gold would basically to have some sort of direction as 'cheating' not the cheat/hack cheating way, I mean the tutorials,missions,surveys would have no point to them.

My point I'm trying to make is: Gold Donation will change WoT's statistics and people will finish the game ect.. 

World Of Tanks Blitz is supposed to be fun, enjoyable, challenging and co-operation. Sorry but my vote for this forums is NO.

JxZiel #77 Posted 28 August 2016 - 08:31 AM

Sergeant

• 10438 battles
  • [JOKAZ]

View PostxX_V_Clova_V_Xx, on 26 August 2016 - 08:37 AM, said:

My opinion on this topic is, giving/rewarding players or gifting people them to one-another would make WoT way too easy! •Waring would be too easy.

•Tank purchases would be done quick and easy.

Gifting gold would basically to have some sort of direction as 'cheating' not the cheat/hack cheating way, I mean the tutorials,missions,surveys would have no point to them.

My point I'm trying to make is: Gold Donation will change WoT's statistics and people will finish the game ect.. 

World Of Tanks Blitz is supposed to be fun, enjoyable, challenging and co-operation. Sorry but my vote for this forums is NO.

We have a courageous NO!

...but with that logic anyone who 'gifts' themselves gold is a cheater and those with prem accounts are also cheaters. Seeing as WG openly encourages gold and prem buying (I hear they even sell it themselves sometimes!) then they are therefore cheater enablers. WG, we won't stand for this hypocrisy so kindly ban yourselves from WOTB. And please ban me beforehand as I confess to indulging in the occasional 'self-gifting'. Get me outta here!:P

Edited by JxZiel, 28 August 2016 - 09:53 AM.

GLOSSARY

xX_V_Clova_V_Xx #78 Posted 28 August 2016 - 09:30 AM

Sergeant

• 2537 battles
  • [BCI]
(Face palm) this is my opinion not the actual answer, 'get him out of here' is actually disrespectful to an opinion. There isn't a right or wrong answer.

JxZiel #79 Posted 28 August 2016 - 09:52 AM

Sergeant

• 10438 battles
  • [JOKAZ]

View PostxX_V_Clova_V_Xx, on 28 August 2016 - 09:30 AM, said:

(Face palm) this is my opinion not the actual answer, 'get him out of here' is actually disrespectful to an opinion. There isn't a right or wrong answer.

Sorry, i was referring to myself in the 3rd person but i see how it reads the other way. My mistake, I'll edit it to remove ambiguity. 

That aside, I'm still puzzled by your logic that gold gifting = cheating. Theres not really any way to argue that without claiming WG promote such cheating

GLOSSARY

xX_V_Clova_V_Xx #80 Posted 28 August 2016 - 10:00 AM

Sergeant

• 2537 battles
  • [BCI]

As my logic of the meaning as I refer it as, I meant it as people would create spam accounts to promote themselves for gold, but as an above answer, an actual payment to gifting would change my whole answer as I stated before ^ now I understand the 3rd person view. 

I appreciate your consideration, I'd like to apologise if my answer/opinion didn't come clear to you.

kind regards, xX_V_Clova_V_Xx

have a great evening :)

Edited by xX_V_Clova_V_Xx, 28 August 2016 - 10:02 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users