In-Game Gifting

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

Poll: Ingame gifting (258 members have cast votes)

Do you want this feature

1. Yes (247 votes [95.74%])

Percentage of vote: 95.74%

2. No (11 votes [4.26%])

Percentage of vote: 4.26%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

iB055 #41 Posted 22 February 2016 - 11:15 AM

Captain

• 17590 battles
  • [STORM]

View Postcalatagan, on 19 February 2016 - 03:30 PM, said:

Oh okay, I stand corrected then, apologies for that.  Thanks IB055!

would you mind changing your vote to a yes if your doubts have been cleared ?

cxcxcx #42 Posted 22 February 2016 - 11:45 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 20287 battles
  • [OM3GA]
Yes!

calatagan #43 Posted 22 February 2016 - 02:49 PM

Sergeant

• 8600 battles

View PostiB055, on 22 February 2016 - 11:15 AM, said:

would you mind changing your vote to a yes if your doubts have been cleared ?

Done mate!

iB055 #44 Posted 22 February 2016 - 02:54 PM

Captain

• 17590 battles
  • [STORM]

Baron_Von #45 Posted 27 February 2016 - 03:03 AM

Corporal

• 24924 battles
  • [GRUMP]

View Postaxolotlrose, on 20 February 2016 - 01:57 PM, said:

Easy. Just make it gold gifting only.

I agree with Axol and think that would be the most simplest of ways to limit it to gold only that way if you want something in particular its your choice whether it's a new tank, premium time or what ever.

I'm all for it as it would make life much more easier for ppl holding in house clan competitions and being able to distribut prizes out to various members.

As for people like Bushka and Ruckus and similar ppl making videos etc I think it's still better to sponsor there channels seperatly that way It's there choice and decide what they need to continue there contribution to the game and entertain us all as they do.

BTW this is only my opinion, but I'm all for it.

thanks and good luck 

"MEIN KAMPF"

"if you win, you need not have to explain....if you lose, you should not be there to explain !"

TheTwistahF2 #46 Posted 29 February 2016 - 12:46 AM

Sergeant

• 5880 battles
  • [FIEND]

View Postbushka, on 19 February 2016 - 07:30 AM, said:

Purely selfish.

ppl Wil gift me tanks I don't want like the ram and I'll get guilted into wasting time reviewing em

But bushka people want to know if they're worth it and... Bushka? *gun clicks

Edited by TheTwistahF2, 29 February 2016 - 12:46 AM.

The_Violator_ #47 Posted 08 April 2016 - 04:36 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 852 battles
100!

anzo0008 #48 Posted 13 April 2016 - 09:12 AM

Corporal

• 16883 battles
  • [FA13]

I voted "no"

reason being that when someone is to be able to "gift" gold then people would gladly try to sell 

the gold that they bought on the game and thus the game becomes more of a trading/collecting

type of game. With this it will ruin the matchmaking because of the low amount of people going 

in game. Some people already are complain about how this game has some elements of play

to win with the is-6. 

This is more of a worse case scenario.

Thanks for listening/reading to this little post ^^

iB055 #49 Posted 14 April 2016 - 01:51 AM

Captain

• 17590 battles
  • [STORM]

Well pardon my bluntness but that is a very weak argument, "people will spend more time trading gold than playing the game"...

You seem to have misunderstood the concept. As I said, gold cannot be transferred if its already in your garage. You will only receive the gift option ingame while you purchase new gold from the store. So your argument that people will sell gold cannot happen. Since they will essentially have to buy the gold from the shop for the full amount. 

Dark_Exile_ #50 Posted 14 April 2016 - 01:56 AM

Captain

• 20042 battles
  • [UQ]

Yeah, I second iB055.

And btw, the votes for yes is over 100!

DEPUTY COMMANDER OF "UQ HOLDER!" ||| AUSTRALIA 

If you have any concerns regarding the game or reports of AFK players, send a PM with uncensored evidence and it'll be passed on. :)

JPS_Deathwalker #51 Posted 14 April 2016 - 02:39 AM

Captain

• 15788 battles

Honestly this is what I have in mind:

You can only send in-game gifts to same platform(e.g. Android to Android, Win10 to Win10)

You can send premium account, gold and premium tanks, but there receiver has the right to reject gifts. Also, gifts must be accepted by the receiver in a certain short timeframe or else the gift will automatically expire and the sender will have his/her money back.

When you want to succeed as much as you want to live to breathe, then only you will succeed.

JK_STONE #52 Posted 15 April 2016 - 02:11 AM

Captain

• 11442 battles
  • [FIEND]

View PostSHAFT_ObjCaptainNuggets, on 14 April 2016 - 10:39 AM, said:

Honestly this is what I have in mind:

You can only send in-game gifts to same platform(e.g. Android to Android, Win10 to Win10)

You can send premium account, gold and premium tanks, but there receiver has the right to reject gifts. Also, gifts must be accepted by the receiver in a certain short timeframe or else the gift will automatically expire and the sender will have his/her money back.

When you send someone Gold, Premium Tank/Time, Garage Slot, etc..., it dose not matter what platform you are paying for it.  The receiver of these gift can still receive these gift to be use in-game under any platform or device.  This work great because we have clan member in different country using different platform. Our current reward system of getting people gift card to make purchase for the game is actually very time consuming because what if the winner of the clan contest receives a gift card that is on a different platform and under different currency.  With WG as the middle-man, we basically pay WG and clan member gets Gold, Premium Time/Tanks, etc... we don't need to worry about people's platform, device, what country currency they are using.

I think it's a nice gesture to allow option to refuse gift, but honestly, I don't think WG will want to offer the option to give you money back.... when have you seen WG give money back! :coin:

Given the recent craziness, aren't we supposed to be on some sort of boycott to stop spending more money on WG! :trollface:

Good luck on the battlefield!

CarvinMarvin #53 Posted 17 April 2016 - 12:07 PM

Captain

• 19925 battles

View PostJK_STONE, on 15 April 2016 - 12:11 PM, said:

When you send someone Gold, Premium Tank/Time, Garage Slot, etc..., it dose not matter what platform you are paying for it.  The receiver of these gift can still receive these gift to be use in-game under any platform or device.  This work great because we have clan member in different country using different platform. Our current reward system of getting people gift card to make purchase for the game is actually very time consuming because what if the winner of the clan contest receives a gift card that is on a different platform and under different currency.  With WG as the middle-man, we basically pay WG and clan member gets Gold, Premium Time/Tanks, etc... we don't need to worry about people's platform, device, what country currency they are using.

I think it's a nice gesture to allow option to refuse gift, but honestly, I don't think WG will want to offer the option to give you money back.... when have you seen WG give money back! :coin:

Given the recent craziness, aren't we supposed to be on some sort of boycott to stop spending more money on WG! :trollface:

Forget WG wanting the option to return money. How about Apple.

JK_STONE #54 Posted 18 April 2016 - 09:43 AM

Captain

• 11442 battles
  • [FIEND]

View PostCarvinMarvin, on 17 April 2016 - 08:07 PM, said:

Forget WG wanting the option to return money. How about Apple.

Agreed, most business are not big on returning money.  

As for Apple, TBH, I have not found a reason to ask for my money back, and I own many of their products. Maybe I'm lucky to not have received defective Apple product, yet.  (Knock on wood)

ExperimentalMIRV #55 Posted 21 April 2016 - 08:41 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 4261 battles
  • [AUSIE]
hey how about if reciever already had tank?

Part of clan AUSIE

Was Tank_1000

JK_STONE #56 Posted 26 April 2016 - 03:27 AM

Captain

• 11442 battles
  • [FIEND]

View PostTank_1000, on 21 April 2016 - 04:41 PM, said:

hey how about if reciever already had tank?

Then, sell the tank... now you have an extra garage slot and more credit!

:coin:

But I think as a starter, maybe gifting Gold is enough.  With Gold you can buy just about anything, it's less complicating and you can never have too many.

JxZiel #57 Posted 01 May 2016 - 02:13 AM

Sergeant

• 10381 battles
  • [JOKAZ]
So what's the date of gifting implementation going to be, or rather how soon in the update schedules? Waiting on this to make clan competition prize giving MUCH more simple

GLOSSARY

JOKAR: (noun; singular; pronounced JO-CAAR... like JO-MAAMA) - A member of the dashingly jocular band of WOTB tank and kilt lovers.

JOKAZ: (noun; plural; pronounce JO-CUZ) - The collective of JOKAR. Usually in the shape of an overcrammed tank.

JOCULAR: (adjective) - In a state of humour or jesting. The mindset of all JOKAZ.

OMINOUS: (adjective) - The expression on all JOKAZ wives/partners' faces after a hard and frivolous day's gaming while skillfully neglecting domestic duties.

KAMIKAZE: (noun; singular) - A hangry JOKAR; (verb) - A JOKAR perfecting the art of respawning.

KILT: (noun; singular) - If you don't know what this is you're wearing one too many layers!

COMMANDER: (noun; singular) - The pinnacle of JOKAR and WOTB sexiness... except when he looks in a mirror.

COMMANDERS: (noun; plural) - The commander stuck in a house of mirrors. Can't ...handle ...the ...sexiness ...KILL THOSE USURPERS!

iB055 #58 Posted 11 May 2016 - 04:20 PM

Captain

• 17590 battles
  • [STORM]

View PostJxZiel, on 01 May 2016 - 02:13 AM, said:

So what's the date of gifting implementation going to be, or rather how soon in the update schedules? Waiting on this to make clan competition prize giving MUCH more simple

well if wg pays attention to the poll they should see theres some great demand for such a feature. It would also boost their gold sales as buying gold for someone else would be easier and so more people would do it. I really hope they implement it sometime soon, sick of having to go through gift cards and whatnot.

Maddoxkkm #59 Posted 13 May 2016 - 07:47 AM

Captain

• 24771 battles
  • [FEAST]

View PostiB055, on 12 May 2016 - 12:20 AM, said:

well if wg pays attention to the poll they should see theres some great demand for such a feature. It would also boost their gold sales as buying gold for someone else would be easier and so more people would do it. I really hope they implement it sometime soon, sick of having to go through gift cards and whatnot.

i just want in-game gold gifting to come fast..... otherwise i will have to hand out HK gift cards for prizes of clan activities :3

- Clan Commander of Fiercest South-East Asian Tanker [FEAST] & Supreme Leader of the FEAST Union

The Mod Page MadWoTBMods 

- "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. " ~Winston Churchill

JxZiel #60 Posted 13 May 2016 - 04:16 PM

Sergeant

• 10381 battles
  • [JOKAZ]

View PostiB055, on 11 May 2016 - 04:20 PM, said:

Amen to that :facepalm:

GLOSSARY

JOKAR: (noun; singular; pronounced JO-CAAR... like JO-MAAMA) - A member of the dashingly jocular band of WOTB tank and kilt lovers.

JOKAZ: (noun; plural; pronounce JO-CUZ) - The collective of JOKAR. Usually in the shape of an overcrammed tank.

JOCULAR: (adjective) - In a state of humour or jesting. The mindset of all JOKAZ.

OMINOUS: (adjective) - The expression on all JOKAZ wives/partners' faces after a hard and frivolous day's gaming while skillfully neglecting domestic duties.

KAMIKAZE: (noun; singular) - A hangry JOKAR; (verb) - A JOKAR perfecting the art of respawning.

KILT: (noun; singular) - If you don't know what this is you're wearing one too many layers!

COMMANDER: (noun; singular) - The pinnacle of JOKAR and WOTB sexiness... except when he looks in a mirror.

COMMANDERS: (noun; plural) - The commander stuck in a house of mirrors. Can't ...handle ...the ...sexiness ...KILL THOSE USURPERS!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users