In-Game Gifting

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

Poll: Ingame gifting (269 members have cast votes)

Do you want this feature

1. Yes (258 votes [95.91%])

Percentage of vote: 95.91%

2. No (11 votes [4.09%])

Percentage of vote: 4.09%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

anthonylei01 #21 Posted 19 February 2016 - 10:08 AM

Captain

• 13577 battles
  • [CPVA]

View Postbushka, on 19 February 2016 - 03:30 PM, said:

Purely selfish.

ppl Wil gift me tanks I don't want like the ram and I'll get guilted into wasting time reviewing em

may be people will send u gold to do review on tanks with no gun depression.....

JPS_Deathwalker #22 Posted 19 February 2016 - 11:21 AM

Captain

• 15788 battles

Sure then Bushka, Dicker Max is the best ever gift ?:trollface:

Perhaps there is a filter in gift system? E.g. You can decide if you want to receive gifts that are either gold or premium tanks. And these premium tanks can be further filtered out with tier rankings. If a person decide to send you premium tanks when you checked the option to not receive any premium tanks, no money would be deducted from the person's account.

When you want to succeed as much as you want to live to breathe, then only you will succeed.

calatagan #23 Posted 19 February 2016 - 03:23 PM

Sergeant

• 8600 battles

It seems I'm the only other 'No' so far after Bushka. Allow me to explain and if you disagree please don't do so violently or insultingly.

My worry is that if people can transfer game-earned assets (credits, XP, even entire tanks) we run the risk of players who will play just to accumulate such game-earned assets and sell them to other players for real money.  This has happened in role player games, there are entire warehouses in China full of people just playing RPGs to accumulate special in-game premiums, magic items, weapons, etc. or build up characters only to sell them for real money to players who are too lazy to earn them the hard way, IN GAME. 

If you think the game is bad enough now with noobs and bots, imaging how it would be when inundated with hundreds of thousands of Chinese entering one tank into a game, exit while the game is going on, enter another tank, repeat, and repeat, for the sole purpose of accumulating credits, XP, and eventually tanks.  We will have so many mindless players who don't care about playing well, just earning easy credit, who in turn will sell Tier X tanks to total idiots who have all the real money and none of the skill or experience needed to earn a Tier X the hard way.

iB055 #24 Posted 19 February 2016 - 03:25 PM

Captain

• 17646 battles
  • [STORM]

View Postcalatagan, on 19 February 2016 - 03:23 PM, said:

It seems I'm the only other 'No' so far after Bushka. Allow me to explain and if you disagree please don't do so violently or insultingly.

My worry is that if people can transfer game-earned assets (credits, XP, even entire tanks) we run the risk of players who will play just to accumulate such game-earned assets and sell them to other players for real money.  This has happened in role player games, there are entire warehouses in China full of people just playing RPGs to accumulate special in-game premiums, magic items, weapons, etc. or build up characters only to sell them for real money to players who are too lazy to earn them the hard way, IN GAME. 

If you think the game is bad enough now with noobs and bots, imaging how it would be when inundated with hundreds of thousands of Chinese entering one tank into a game, exit while the game is going on, enter another tank, repeat, and repeat, for the sole purpose of accumulating credits, XP, and eventually tanks.  We will have so many mindless players who don't care about playing well, just earning easy credit, who in turn will sell Tier X tanks to total idiots who have all the real money and none of the skill or experience needed to earn a Tier X the hard way.

the way that ingame gifting works is you buy something from the ingame shop.  Could be gold, tank bundles , premium time. You're then given the option to add that item to someone else account. So you can't sell or transfer anything you already own. Only works for things that anyone can buy from the garage shop. 

calatagan #25 Posted 19 February 2016 - 03:30 PM

Sergeant

• 8600 battles

View PostiB055, on 19 February 2016 - 03:25 PM, said:

the way that ingame gifting works is you buy something from the ingame shop.  Could be gold, tank bundles , premium time. You're then given the option to add that item to someone else account. So you can't sell or transfer anything you already own. Only works for things that anyone can buy from the garage shop. 

Oh okay, I stand corrected then, apologies for that.  Thanks IB055!

iB055 #26 Posted 19 February 2016 - 03:33 PM

Captain

• 17646 battles
  • [STORM]
No worries man. Should have explained all that much earlier on. Lazy me :child:

TitusTanker #27 Posted 19 February 2016 - 06:31 PM

Sergeant

• 10016 battles
  • [HK123]

Gifting in the battle:trollface:

bushka #28 Posted 19 February 2016 - 08:07 PM

Captain

• Video Contributor
  • 29541 battles
  • [GRUMP]
First person to send me a micker Dax gets a free kick In The pants lol

WITH ONE MILLION VIEWS ON CHANNEL, 140+ VIDEOS AND WEEKLY LIVE STREAMS

CHECK IT OUT YOU WOMBATS

LilGeneral #29 Posted 19 February 2016 - 10:58 PM

Sergeant

• 9740 battles
  • [SH4FT]

Well, a yes from me. But after seeing calatagan's comment, I'm starting to wonder. What if we try to add a limit on the gifts sent? i.e like you can only gift 1 tank per week and 2000 gold a week.

"The puke is coming." - Captain Nuggets, May 19, 2016.
​Just call me Joseph, please.
Tanks I have: IS-3, T34, COMET, TIGER I, T-34-85, STUG III G.
Sorry if I can't carry u in pubs, my connection is bs,sometimes :angry:

iB055 #30 Posted 20 February 2016 - 02:08 AM

Captain

• 17646 battles
  • [STORM]

View PostLilGeneral, on 19 February 2016 - 10:58 PM, said:

Well, a yes from me. But after seeing calatagan's comment, I'm starting to wonder. What if we try to add a limit on the gifts sent? i.e like you can only gift 1 tank per week and 2000 gold a week.

read my comment too

Maddoxkkm #31 Posted 20 February 2016 - 02:32 AM

Captain

• 26666 battles
  • [OM3GA]

View PostiB055, on 19 February 2016 - 11:25 PM, said:

true. The gift shop only allows purchase of good with real money and gift them to certain players.

But i have to agree with Bushka. What if someone sends something i don't like? This item is purchased by someone else but now it belongs to me. I will feel guilty if i just sold it. 

If WG finally decides to implement this option into the game, i will ignore all gifts. I have never tried PC version gifting system so i hope some PC users can explain it 

- Clan Commander of Fiercest South-East Asian Tanker [FEAST] & Supreme Leader of the FEAST Union

The Mod Page MadWoTBMods 

- "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. " ~Winston Churchill

axolotlrose #32 Posted 20 February 2016 - 03:57 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 16152 battles
  • [ST0RM]
Easy. Just make it gold gifting only.

JxZiel #33 Posted 20 February 2016 - 04:24 AM

Sergeant

• 10400 battles
  • [JOKAZ]

View Postbushka, on 19 February 2016 - 07:30 AM, said:

Purely selfish.

ppl Wil gift me tanks I don't want like the ram and I'll get guilted into wasting time reviewing em

Haha oh the burden of celebrity :hiding:

GLOSSARY

JOKAR: (noun; singular; pronounced JO-CAAR... like JO-MAAMA) - A member of the dashingly jocular band of WOTB tank and kilt lovers.

JOKAZ: (noun; plural; pronounce JO-CUZ) - The collective of JOKAR. Usually in the shape of an overcrammed tank.

JOCULAR: (adjective) - In a state of humour or jesting. The mindset of all JOKAZ.

OMINOUS: (adjective) - The expression on all JOKAZ wives/partners' faces after a hard and frivolous day's gaming while skillfully neglecting domestic duties.

KAMIKAZE: (noun; singular) - A hangry JOKAR; (verb) - A JOKAR perfecting the art of respawning.

KILT: (noun; singular) - If you don't know what this is you're wearing one too many layers!

COMMANDER: (noun; singular) - The pinnacle of JOKAR and WOTB sexiness... except when he looks in a mirror.

COMMANDERS: (noun; plural) - The commander stuck in a house of mirrors. Can't ...handle ...the ...sexiness ...KILL THOSE USURPERS!

JxZiel #34 Posted 20 February 2016 - 04:30 AM

Sergeant

• 10400 battles
  • [JOKAZ]

View PostMaddoxkkm, on 20 February 2016 - 02:32 AM, said:

true. The gift shop only allows purchase of good with real money and gift them to certain players.

But i have to agree with Bushka. What if someone sends something i don't like? This item is purchased by someone else but now it belongs to me. I will feel guilty if i just sold it. 

If WG finally decides to implement this option into the game, i will ignore all gifts. I have never tried PC version gifting system so i hope some PC users can explain it 

What is this craziness... we don't want gifts because we'll feel guilty?? Just accept them as tributes on the alter of your greatness or for the ones you don't want sell them for their weight in silver. If people have a silver allergy WG could always implement an 'Accept Gift' button. If a gift is declined the sender gets their money back and both parties can then strike up the necessary awkward conversation as to why the receiver rejected the sacred offering. No need for guilt. Easy! ;)

GLOSSARY

JOKAR: (noun; singular; pronounced JO-CAAR... like JO-MAAMA) - A member of the dashingly jocular band of WOTB tank and kilt lovers.

JOKAZ: (noun; plural; pronounce JO-CUZ) - The collective of JOKAR. Usually in the shape of an overcrammed tank.

JOCULAR: (adjective) - In a state of humour or jesting. The mindset of all JOKAZ.

OMINOUS: (adjective) - The expression on all JOKAZ wives/partners' faces after a hard and frivolous day's gaming while skillfully neglecting domestic duties.

KAMIKAZE: (noun; singular) - A hangry JOKAR; (verb) - A JOKAR perfecting the art of respawning.

KILT: (noun; singular) - If you don't know what this is you're wearing one too many layers!

COMMANDER: (noun; singular) - The pinnacle of JOKAR and WOTB sexiness... except when he looks in a mirror.

COMMANDERS: (noun; plural) - The commander stuck in a house of mirrors. Can't ...handle ...the ...sexiness ...KILL THOSE USURPERS!

iB055 #35 Posted 20 February 2016 - 07:42 AM

Captain

• 17646 battles
  • [STORM]

View Postbushka, on 19 February 2016 - 08:07 PM, said:

that can be arranged. Next clan war will be rigged to let you win. I wonder what the prize could be :trollface:

B_frost #36 Posted 20 February 2016 - 02:12 PM

Sergeant

• 23585 battles
  • [OM3GA]

View Postaxolotlrose, on 20 February 2016 - 10:57 AM, said:

Easy. Just make it gold gifting only.

I agree with this one, it seems better to me rather than giving a premium tank. That way someone who get the gift can use it for whatever they want

http://wotbstars.com/?usr=b_frost&geo=Asia&lng=eng

Proud to be part of the UNION

" Let the FEAST-ing begins! "

anthonylei01 #37 Posted 20 February 2016 - 02:19 PM

Captain

• 13577 battles
  • [CPVA]

View PostiB055, on 20 February 2016 - 03:42 PM, said:

that can be arranged. Next clan war will be rigged to let you win. I wonder what the prize could be :trollface:

dicker max got -15 degrees of gun depression, Buska loves tanks with good gun depression :)

Artisto81 #38 Posted 21 February 2016 - 12:56 PM

Captain

• 8231 battles

View Postbushka, on 20 February 2016 - 03:07 AM, said:

Perhaps you'll love to get Lowe instead eh mate....?

"In Russia, they say I'm a Pole, in Poland they call me Russian".

“The German army is a machine, and machines can be broken!”— Konstantin Rokossovsky

DimKyon #39 Posted 22 February 2016 - 10:08 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 12710 battles
  • [FEAST]
Still no response from WG representative? K I just wait here :sceptic:

FEAST ON!
Don't click

iB055 #40 Posted 22 February 2016 - 11:14 AM

Captain

• 17646 battles
  • [STORM]
More votes needed. Tell your friends. Fill that "yes" bar up. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users