Jump to content


TDs versus German LT's on Nitro


  • Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

Babayega_1 #61 Posted 23 February 2016 - 03:38 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 19938 battles
  • 539
  • [ROGUE]
  • Member since:
    08-23-2015

View Post_RB_33_, on 23 February 2016 - 03:18 AM, said:

 

German Lightmares have heaps of speed befitting a light tank. TD drivers nowadays, regardless if they have a turret or not, are required to have higher levels of situational awareness than before as well as making sure that they don't leave themselves open to attack.

 

True enough man. I myself, although I currently suck with my Leopard, had my eyes opened on the potential of these german LTs. I mean, I have a crusader in my NA server acct and it has a decent WR but I never enjoyed it as much as these german LTs. I havent had balls to go CODng a JgPz in a crusader, nor tried to play around a kv-2 in it.

 

 

"Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning."

                                                             - Erwin Rommel


Diamond114 #62 Posted 23 February 2016 - 04:09 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 16281 battles
  • 2,230
  • [408]
  • Member since:
    07-04-2014
With the Crusader for me it was like a tin can medium with an icepick gun

"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN.

 

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN.

 

"To be a good fighter pilot, there's only one prime requisite; Think Fast, and Act Faster" - John Trevor Godfrey, 336 Sqn RAF


Babayega_1 #63 Posted 23 February 2016 - 05:18 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 19938 battles
  • 539
  • [ROGUE]
  • Member since:
    08-23-2015

View PostDiamond114, on 23 February 2016 - 04:09 AM, said:

With the Crusader for me it was like a tin can medium with an icepick gun

 

haha true i can never agree more...they should buff that tank

 

 

"Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning."

                                                             - Erwin Rommel


Diamond114 #64 Posted 23 February 2016 - 09:30 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 16281 battles
  • 2,230
  • [408]
  • Member since:
    07-04-2014

View PostBabayega_1, on 23 February 2016 - 12:18 PM, said:

 

haha true i can never agree more...they should buff that tank

 

Except historically, Crusader was never armed with anything more powerful than the 6 pounder it already has. And we all know how useless the 3-inch Howitzer was. So even if WG wants to buff it, they kind of can't

"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN.

 

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN.

 

"To be a good fighter pilot, there's only one prime requisite; Think Fast, and Act Faster" - John Trevor Godfrey, 336 Sqn RAF


TitusTanker #65 Posted 23 February 2016 - 11:12 AM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 10036 battles
  • 226
  • [HK123]
  • Member since:
    08-08-2015

I always drive tier9 obj704

when enemy team have Ru 251 or SP I C, mostly I ignore them, their purpose is going to your back/side position(not close, they keep little far distance) and distract you, weaken your team firepower/DPM to shot mt/ht/td, mostly they don't trade fire to you because Tier8-10 TDs HE ammo damage a lot (90+% HP), sometime 1 shot kill.

 

but i think under tier8 TDs is a bad dream

This is TD dark ages now, it's not about the tank or player, it's all about the map.

 

 

 


Edited by TitusTanker, 23 February 2016 - 12:02 PM.


_RB_33_ #66 Posted 23 February 2016 - 11:21 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 21782 battles
  • 354
  • [101AS]
  • Member since:
    08-05-2015

View PostTitusTanker, on 23 February 2016 - 11:12 AM, said:

I always drive tier9 obj704

when enemy team have Ru 251 or SP I C, mostly I ignore them, their purpose is going to your back/side position(not close, they keep little far distance) and distract you, weaken your team firepower/DPM to shot mt/ht/td, mostly they don't trade fire to you because Tier8-10 TDs HE ammo damage a lot (90+% HP), sometime 1 shot kill.

 

but i think under tier8 TDs is a bad dream

This is TD dark ages now, it's not about the tank or player, it's all about the map.

 

 

 

 

Not all TDs my friend. I reckon the likes of the Su-122-44, Su-100, Jackson, Wolverine, JPanther, T40 can hold their own, being driven well. And not all maps are anti-TD: the revised Middleburge has hills that allow for hulldown and enough cover and clearance for TDs that don't. The same goes for Canal and Desert Rail and Dead Rail. Hell, practically all of the maps bar Himmelsdorf, a TD can adapt to.

 

May this photo spark at least a bit of hope for my fellow TD drivers (and to Heavies too), that all is not lost for our tank hunters:

 


Edited by _RB_33_, 23 February 2016 - 11:24 PM.


Babayega_1 #67 Posted 23 February 2016 - 11:25 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 19938 battles
  • 539
  • [ROGUE]
  • Member since:
    08-23-2015
Hmm, himmelsdorf takes the range away but its nice to be on a JgP and be an assault gun on the 2nd line. As for the new middleburg, I go up with the JgP and if no target present, I shoot down on opfors in the city. If a SP C1 shows up behind me I spam SOS and run down the hill hehe

 

 

"Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning."

                                                             - Erwin Rommel


_RB_33_ #68 Posted 23 February 2016 - 11:27 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 21782 battles
  • 354
  • [101AS]
  • Member since:
    08-05-2015

View PostBabayega_1, on 23 February 2016 - 11:25 PM, said:

Hmm, himmelsdorf takes the range away but its nice to be on a JgP and be an assault gun on the 2nd line. As for the new middleburg, I go up with the JgP and if no target present, I shoot down on opfors in the city. If a SP C1 shows up behind me I spam SOS and run down the hill hehe

 

THIS.

Diamond114 #69 Posted 24 February 2016 - 04:14 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 16281 battles
  • 2,230
  • [408]
  • Member since:
    07-04-2014

View Post_RB_33_, on 24 February 2016 - 06:21 AM, said:

 

Not all TDs my friend. I reckon the likes of the Su-122-44, Su-100, Jackson, Wolverine, JPanther, T40 can hold their own, being driven well. And not all maps are anti-TD: the revised Middleburge has hills that allow for hulldown and enough cover and clearance for TDs that don't. The same goes for Canal and Desert Rail and Dead Rail. Hell, practically all of the maps bar Himmelsdorf, a TD can adapt to.

 

May this photo spark at least a bit of hope for my fellow TD drivers (and to Heavies too), that all is not lost for our tank hunters:

 

 

Excellent play with old Jackson there :), currently grinding for both IS-3 Defender and 1,5 mil creds, wanna bring back the Jackson and it's equipment fit all at once

"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN.

 

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN.

 

"To be a good fighter pilot, there's only one prime requisite; Think Fast, and Act Faster" - John Trevor Godfrey, 336 Sqn RAF


_RB_33_ #70 Posted 24 February 2016 - 05:12 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 21782 battles
  • 354
  • [101AS]
  • Member since:
    08-05-2015

View PostDiamond114, on 24 February 2016 - 04:14 AM, said:

 

Excellent play with old Jackson there :), currently grinding for both IS-3 Defender and 1,5 mil creds, wanna bring back the Jackson and it's equipment fit all at once

 

Thank you bro. I keep on harping about the Jackson methinks I should show a mastery just to prove that it's not just fanboyism on my part with it. For some reason, the Jackson is that tank that I happened to jive with so well that according to a friend of mine, when he plats with me and sees me in a Jackson, he's more confident of our chances of winning more than any other tank that he's seen me in. I guess everyone has that one tank that suits them naturally. The way things are going, saying that I'm in love with that TD is an understatement of sorts..

 

Looking forward to seeing you in a Jackson again :great:



Babayega_1 #71 Posted 24 February 2016 - 05:58 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 19938 battles
  • 539
  • [ROGUE]
  • Member since:
    08-23-2015
nice going there. I hope I can improve my Hell Kitty's stats to atleast 50% before I move on to t25/2...

 

 

"Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning."

                                                             - Erwin Rommel


Diamond114 #72 Posted 24 February 2016 - 09:25 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 16281 battles
  • 2,230
  • [408]
  • Member since:
    07-04-2014

View Post_RB_33_, on 24 February 2016 - 12:12 PM, said:

 

Thank you bro. I keep on harping about the Jackson methinks I should show a mastery just to prove that it's not just fanboyism on my part with it. For some reason, the Jackson is that tank that I happened to jive with so well that according to a friend of mine, when he plats with me and sees me in a Jackson, he's more confident of our chances of winning more than any other tank that he's seen me in. I guess everyone has that one tank that suits them naturally. The way things are going, saying that I'm in love with that TD is an understatement of sorts..

 

Looking forward to seeing you in a Jackson again :great:

Won't be long now. Just hit 1,2 mil at the cost of my Type 59's WR stats (1W2L, need to win 5 wins to break even with WR). I did grind with all sorts of tanks, not just Type 59


Edited by Diamond114, 24 February 2016 - 09:25 AM.

"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN.

 

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN.

 

"To be a good fighter pilot, there's only one prime requisite; Think Fast, and Act Faster" - John Trevor Godfrey, 336 Sqn RAF


TitusTanker #73 Posted 25 February 2016 - 01:45 AM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 10036 battles
  • 226
  • [HK123]
  • Member since:
    08-08-2015

View Post_RB_33_, on 24 February 2016 - 07:21 AM, said:

 

Not all TDs my friend. I reckon the likes of the Su-122-44, Su-100, Jackson, Wolverine, JPanther, T40 can hold their own, being driven well. And not all maps are anti-TD: the revised Middleburge has hills that allow for hulldown and enough cover and clearance for TDs that don't. The same goes for Canal and Desert Rail and Dead Rail. Hell, practically all of the maps bar Himmelsdorf, a TD can adapt to.

 

May this photo spark at least a bit of hope for my fellow TD drivers (and to Heavies too), that all is not lost for our tank hunters:

 

 

Yes, not all TDs

but i still painful so many afk/bot/leisure player, yesterday(24th Feb) my battles wr is 60%, today(25 Feb) wr is 44%

bad feeling because many teammate get zero damage or yolo suicide , HT IS-7 camp at base area hiding, some HT MT be a sniper and don't go to spot enemies...etc

It's feel the battles is 5vs7:sceptic:

 

 

 

 



Babayega_1 #74 Posted 25 February 2016 - 03:46 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 19938 battles
  • 539
  • [ROGUE]
  • Member since:
    08-23-2015
I agree with you man...I got a couple of battles where the HT (t-150 and KV1 are sniping) and TDs with paperthin armor leading the charge (stug iii in 1 game just died not even 15secs within the battle)

 

 

"Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning."

                                                             - Erwin Rommel


P_6 #75 Posted 25 February 2016 - 06:38 PM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 3346 battles
  • 196
  • Member since:
    07-18-2015

Doing quite well grinding my Russian TD's on my alt account 'McDstyer'. Struggled surviving the German Lights in the SU-85B, but the SU-85 with top 85mm gun chews them up with HE.

 

Got a masters last night during an 8 wins in a row streak. Looking forward to the SU-100 > SU-152 :justwait:

 

 

 


 

"If the tanks succeed, then victory follows.", Guderian, 1937.

 

 


Babayega_1 #76 Posted 25 February 2016 - 11:04 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 19938 battles
  • 539
  • [ROGUE]
  • Member since:
    08-23-2015
Wow, I had that streak last night till this morning as well. I dunno if its me or lady luck smiled on me. I had a 10 game WR. 2 for each tank. m4, hellkitty, jumbo, su85 and pz V/IV

 

 

"Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning."

                                                             - Erwin Rommel


TitusTanker #77 Posted 26 February 2016 - 12:36 AM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 10036 battles
  • 226
  • [HK123]
  • Member since:
    08-08-2015

5th "M" on my obj704, lucky little "leisure player" on my team tonight...



TitusTanker #78 Posted 26 February 2016 - 12:59 AM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 10036 battles
  • 226
  • [HK123]
  • Member since:
    08-08-2015

sometime i don't know how to let teammate do a right thing...

 

1. when battle start, witness TD yolo cap suicide, and you cant help him survive, that moment still 7vs7 @@

 

 

2. 4 mt tanks go to other side, leave 3 tanks go to mill, it's painful TD be a HT now...

most important is these mt don't quick to go enemies back position, they just move around left bottom side.

 



Babayega_1 #79 Posted 07 March 2016 - 07:01 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 19938 battles
  • 539
  • [ROGUE]
  • Member since:
    08-23-2015
sometimes mate all you can do with these teammates is facepalm and fight harder...

 

 

"Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning."

                                                             - Erwin Rommel





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users