TDs versus German LT's on Nitro

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

Diamond114 #41 Posted 22 February 2016 - 06:43 AM

Captain

• 16298 battles
  • [408]

View PostBabayega_1, on 22 February 2016 - 01:28 PM, said:

I like the young padawan part sir. :) Regarding the AT-2, man I almost won against one last night. My leopard was limping with 172 hp and it was just me and an AFK kv1. I CODd the bugger and brought him to only 120ish HP ( I got hit once as well) but he did the counter traverse on me on my supposed last pass. So I ended up dying and losing. Talk about getting a dose of my own medicine.

ROFL. Next time, try to pin him in the sides. You would prevent him from traversing as long as he doesn't pull back or you don't let him. If he does, try and follow him back. You also get point blank shots to his sides that way.

"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN.

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN.

"To be a good fighter pilot, there's only one prime requisite; Think Fast, and Act Faster" - John Trevor Godfrey, 336 Sqn RAF

Babayega_1 #42 Posted 22 February 2016 - 06:44 AM

First Lieutenant

• 22718 battles
  • [_PWB_]
nope, he almost did and I was betting on him trying to ram me because I would do the same. But since the map at that battle was at Canal and he's on below the mound near the base, I was hoping he would ram me or rear bump me so he would fall off and die but he didnt. or maybe just too slow for it that he has time to think over and reverse. hehe

"Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning."

- Erwin Rommel

Babayega_1 #43 Posted 22 February 2016 - 06:47 AM

First Lieutenant

• 22718 battles
  • [_PWB_]
I tried doing it but since the climb speed is lesser than flat, he was able to pump a shell on my flank while im working my way up the mound. The fatal shell was shot when I took my time to turn trying to avoid the sudden incline in the terrain when he decided to go the opposite and I was already committed to the motion clockwise. dang luck my teammate was afk at that time.

- Erwin Rommel

Diamond114 #44 Posted 22 February 2016 - 06:50 AM

Captain

• 16298 battles
  • [408]

View Post_RB_33_, on 22 February 2016 - 01:41 PM, said:

@Diamond114

Lol, will do :honoring:

That said, I think I would be having problems initially, it's been a LONG time since I last played the Jackson. I still had my T25/2, which is a flatter Jackson sans 114mm transmission cover, better 90mm and in Tier VII MM, faces up to Tier IX

"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN.

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN.

"To be a good fighter pilot, there's only one prime requisite; Think Fast, and Act Faster" - John Trevor Godfrey, 336 Sqn RAF

Diamond114 #45 Posted 22 February 2016 - 06:51 AM

Captain

• 16298 battles
  • [408]

View PostBabayega_1, on 22 February 2016 - 01:47 PM, said:

I tried doing it but since the climb speed is lesser than flat, he was able to pump a shell on my flank while im working my way up the mound. The fatal shell was shot when I took my time to turn trying to avoid the sudden incline in the terrain when he decided to go the opposite and I was already committed to the motion clockwise. dang luck my teammate was afk at that time.

Tough luck again it seems lol. I'm sure you'll get another chance. Btw what gun did you use in the Leopard?

_RB_33_ #46 Posted 22 February 2016 - 06:58 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 23147 battles
  • [101AS]

View PostDiamond114, on 22 February 2016 - 06:50 AM, said:

That said, I think I would be having problems initially, it's been a LONG time since I last played the Jackson. I still had my T25/2, which is a flatter Jackson sans 114mm transmission cover, better 90mm and in Tier VII MM, faces up to Tier IX

Let's withold judgement on whether or not you'll have initial problems when going back to the Jackson. Who knows? It might feel like a comfortable pair of your favorite jeans or shoes. Something akin to riding a bike: you cannot unlearn it once you have learned it :)

Diamond114 #47 Posted 22 February 2016 - 07:09 AM

Captain

• 16298 battles
  • [408]

View Post_RB_33_, on 22 February 2016 - 01:58 PM, said:

Let's withold judgement on whether or not you'll have initial problems when going back to the Jackson. Who knows? It might feel like a comfortable pair of your favorite jeans or shoes. Something akin to riding a bike: you cannot unlearn it once you have learned it :)

Maybe. Then again I was running the Jackson pretty much without APCRs, didn't knew you could buy them with credits at the time, and I was able to make the 160mm pen on the 90mm work. Only when around the time I get the 105 on the T25AT did I found out you could buy premmos with silvers.

Babayega_1 #48 Posted 22 February 2016 - 07:26 AM

First Lieutenant

• 22718 battles
  • [_PWB_]

View PostDiamond114, on 22 February 2016 - 06:51 AM, said:

Tough luck again it seems lol. I'm sure you'll get another chance. Btw what gun did you use in the Leopard?

I use the 3cm gun mk 103. Yeah, I havent played leopard yet today. Ill try later if the internet is good.

- Erwin Rommel

Diamond114 #49 Posted 22 February 2016 - 08:52 AM

Captain

• 16298 battles
  • [408]
How did you pen the AT7 with the MK103? Did you use premmo?

_RB_33_ #50 Posted 22 February 2016 - 09:03 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 23147 battles
  • [101AS]

View PostDiamond114, on 22 February 2016 - 07:09 AM, said:

Maybe. Then again I was running the Jackson pretty much without APCRs, didn't knew you could buy them with credits at the time, and I was able to make the 160mm pen on the 90mm work. Only when around the time I get the 105 on the T25AT did I found out you could buy premmos with silvers.

And I salute you sir for managing to do that without prammos. Definite proof of your skill with the Jackson. With regards to the AT7, if I can't get behind him, I always try to aim for the commander's hatch.

Diamond114 #51 Posted 22 February 2016 - 07:27 PM

Captain

• 16298 battles
  • [408]

View Post_RB_33_, on 22 February 2016 - 04:03 PM, said:

And I salute you sir for managing to do that without prammos. Definite proof of your skill with the Jackson. 

Well, I'm just lucky enough I got more match against newer players than fighting with said newer players, that's all. Speaking about getting the Jackson back, I may be able to do it faster if I get rid of all my lower tier tanks for the credits required to re-buy it and have Sherman Jumbo and KV-13 out to work and provide the credits for equipment.

Edited by Diamond114, 22 February 2016 - 07:28 PM.

Diamond114 #52 Posted 22 February 2016 - 08:01 PM

Captain

• 16298 battles
  • [408]
I've already purged the Pz II, A-20, and probably going to get rid of the Matilda next. The first two I already advanced their WR so much it's not even funny anymore. The reason I have those lower tier tanks is because of a new player that kept bugging me to plat up with him, which is all and nice except he doesn't have vehicles higher than Tier IV (he has since gotten himself the Pz IV Anko, a Tier V), so I went out and re-bought all those lower tier vehicles so I can plat with him better, my only lower than Tier V tank at that time being Tier III LTP (fine tank anyway, can never stop being grateful of the angled 30mm front and rear armor) and nothing else, with secondary objective being to find out whether they are still as good as I remember and continue to be relevant against all the new vehicles. Good news is, yes they were. And thus started my period of occasional sealclubbing.

TitusTanker #53 Posted 22 February 2016 - 08:16 PM

Sergeant

• 10036 battles
  • [HK123]
su100Y is awful now...

Diamond114 #54 Posted 22 February 2016 - 08:20 PM

Captain

• 16298 battles
  • [408]

Of course I don't plat with him anymore now, I can't afford being around all the time to help him (had thesis project at the time, so screw him and more time on my thesis). And to be completely honest (not so much fair perhaps), guy can be pretty dim and a bit handful as a wingman. Had a game at Rockfield platooned up together in our Ankos where he very nearly get himself killed and screwed us over. Fortunately, the enemy wasn't that much brighter themselves, and the friendly Churchill ran interference against an SU-100 (ballsy move) allowing us to snipe and kill him and win the GD game. Another time in the Pz 38(t) with him, he was pretty slow to react to battlefield conditions. We were on Fort Despair pushing from the ruins area where he still remain on the defensive. I, on the other hand was leading the charge and managed to outflank the opfor team. I helped contributing to the fight, helped carry our own butts, walked away with a Top Gun. Next thing I know, that guy turned salty and in chat slammed me for killing more and performing better than him (we had around 30+ platoon fights at that time). I simply told him "Improve yourself", but my inner reaction would've been "D'oh, you asked a fellow who had played Tier I-V extensively and played Tier VI upwards on regular basis to come plat with you in Tier II-IV fights. What did you think was going to happen, my man?"

To cut the long story short, I had successes improving my performance in most of those Tier II-IV tanks, and now they need to go for they had overextended their welcome. Time to turn credits from those tanks into a Jackson and see how the Jackson goes.

View PostTitusTanker, on 23 February 2016 - 03:16 AM, said:

su100Y is awful now...

I thought the boxtank was pretty awful to begin with :D. Tall and as big as a broadside barn, tin can armor, but with gun that really hurts. Of course, when said boxtank is center of attention it dissolves pretty quickly unless his teammates are good.

P_6 #55 Posted 22 February 2016 - 08:25 PM

Sergeant

• 3346 battles

View Post_RB_33_, on 22 February 2016 - 05:47 PM, said:

I cannot answer your question in all honesty because the tank that got me into playing WoT Blitz is a TD itself: the M18 Hellcat. So you can say that pretty much from the start I've always wanted to be a TD driver.

@P_6

excellent Mastery with the Marder last week. It must've been a joy sniping in one or two shots those pesky Lightmares ;)

@Babayega

Nice close combat there. Never forget that TDs have the firepower to punish pesky LTs for as long as you force them to make mistakes ;)

@Diamond

What tanks are you using as main these days? I would really love to see you get back to your Jackson. The padawan in me is looking forward to seeing the master in action.

Cheers man, it was a surprise for me as those lights make survival very hard now days :)

"If the tanks succeed, then victory follows.", Guderian, 1937.

P_6 #56 Posted 22 February 2016 - 08:30 PM

Sergeant

• 3346 battles

View PostTitusTanker, on 23 February 2016 - 09:16 AM, said:

su100Y is awful now...

I was just thinking of getting one for credit grinding next week. So they suffer as badly as my SU-85 is at the moment? I cant wait to get SU-152. I'm addicted to TD's so I set up another account to run the Soviets. My German TD up to tier 8 are all sitting waiting for the unicum light mastery sessions to end :)

TitusTanker #57 Posted 22 February 2016 - 08:56 PM

Sergeant

• 10036 battles
  • [HK123]

yesterday i play su100Y

Riverside, when battle start after 15s, spotted:sceptic:

Mines, when battle start after 10s, spotted :sceptic:

Copperfield, when battle start after 8s, spotted :sceptic:

P_6 #58 Posted 22 February 2016 - 10:35 PM

Sergeant

• 3346 battles

View PostTitusTanker, on 23 February 2016 - 09:56 AM, said:

yesterday i play su100Y

Did you survive and deal damage or were you surrounded by leopards and minced up? :hiding:

Edited by P_6, 23 February 2016 - 02:04 AM.

Babayega_1 #59 Posted 23 February 2016 - 12:08 AM

First Lieutenant

• 22718 battles
  • [_PWB_]

View PostTitusTanker, on 22 February 2016 - 08:56 PM, said:

yesterday i play su100Y

wtf, did the german LTs have Piccolo abilities that they just teleport? dang SU100y so unluycky now.

- Erwin Rommel

_RB_33_ #60 Posted 23 February 2016 - 03:18 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 23147 battles
  • [101AS]

View PostBabayega_1, on 23 February 2016 - 12:08 AM, said:

wtf, did the german LTs have Piccolo abilities that they just teleport? dang SU100y so unluycky now.

German Lightmares have heaps of speed befitting a light tank. TD drivers nowadays, regardless if they have a turret or not, are required to have higher levels of situational awareness than before as well as making sure that they don't leave themselves open to attack.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users