Jump to content


TDs versus German LT's on Nitro


  • Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

Babayega_1 #1 Posted 18 February 2016 - 01:15 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 22744 battles
  • 539
  • [_PWB_]
  • Member since:
    08-23-2015

How was your experience so far in your TD when fighting the new German LT line, may it be from tier ii to tier viii. Post your experiences, tips on how to deal with CODing LTs on your SU 152s (or other TDs) and the lot. 

Thanks


 

 

"Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning."

                                                             - Erwin Rommel


P_6 #2 Posted 18 February 2016 - 01:43 AM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 3346 battles
  • 196
  • Member since:
    07-18-2015

I have stopped playing my German TD's since the update and have started playing the Soviet TD's on another account (seeing if Russian bias actually exists). So far I have played through Su-76 Tier III, SU-85B Tier IV and now SU 85 Tier V. In all cases unless you stick very close (speed of tank permitting) to main bunch you will be very quickly flanked from behind by new German Lights and bada bada bada boom game over man. Even the big KV's struggle with slow turret rotation and speed. I had previously honed some tactics for my German TD's but it's a totally different game now and I admit it's not fun anymore. You cannot play with a tactic or strategy plan before tanks start rolling. Maps suit mediums and lights now....TD's are the dinosaurs....

 

P.s Heavy drivers must be feeling the hurt too


Edited by P_6, 18 February 2016 - 01:44 AM.

 

"If the tanks succeed, then victory follows.", Guderian, 1937.

 

 


Babayega_1 #3 Posted 18 February 2016 - 02:04 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 22744 battles
  • 539
  • [_PWB_]
  • Member since:
    08-23-2015

View PostP_6, on 18 February 2016 - 01:43 AM, said:

I have stopped playing my German TD's since the update and have started playing the Soviet TD's on another account (seeing if Russian bias actually exists). So far I have played through Su-76 Tier III, SU-85B Tier IV and now SU 85 Tier V. In all cases unless you stick very close (speed of tank permitting) to main bunch you will be very quickly flanked from behind by new German Lights and bada bada bada boom game over man. Even the big KV's struggle with slow turret rotation and speed. I had previously honed some tactics for my German TD's but it's a totally different game now and I admit it's not fun anymore. You cannot play with a tactic or strategy plan before tanks start rolling. Maps suit mediums and lights now....TD's are the dinosaurs....

 

P.s Heavy drivers must be feeling the hurt too

 

I totally feel you mate.. i havent run on my kv1s, kv1 and tiger 1 due to the leopards, vks and spc IIs running around like drivebys shooting your butt and sides. I had a battle with my churchill iii that just sat idly trying to shoot a vk 28.01. I think I missed 4x and hit only once for grand 90 damage. then a hetzer sneaked behind and finished me.

 

 

"Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning."

                                                             - Erwin Rommel


_RB_33_ #4 Posted 18 February 2016 - 02:21 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 23162 battles
  • 387
  • [101AS]
  • Member since:
    08-05-2015

Haven't had any serious trouble with the new German LTs whenever I'm using the Jackson... What I usually do when I see one at close range if he's in front of me, I ram them. TDs are heavier (of course) than lights and they will feel the pain of the collision. If someone shows up behind me, I simply move forward into my team so that the LT will have more targets and opponents to contend with. For the record, fighting the German lights is no different from fighting the likes of the British LTs (Covenanter and Crusader) as well as the Cromwell.

 

You're a TD, stay behind the team but not too far off. TD gameplay nowadays are more of assault guns (keeping with a team), rather than snipers. If you're going to snipe, make sure you're with a teammate. Then again, most of the maps in Blitz cater to brawling so you'll just have to learn to streetfight by using your TD as an assault gun..

 

Hope my two cents help kabayan Babayega.



P_6 #5 Posted 18 February 2016 - 02:32 AM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 3346 battles
  • 196
  • Member since:
    07-18-2015

View Post_RB_33_, on 18 February 2016 - 03:21 PM, said:

Haven't had any serious trouble with the new German LTs whenever I'm using the Jackson... What I usually do when I see one at close range if he's in front of me, I ram them. TDs are heavier (of course) than lights and they will feel the pain of the collision. If someone shows up behind me, I simply move forward into my team so that the LT will have more targets and opponents to contend with. For the record, fighting the German lights is no different from fighting the likes of the British LTs (Covenanter and Crusader) as well as the Cromwell.

 

You're a TD, stay behind the team but not too far off. TD gameplay nowadays are more of assault guns (keeping with a team), rather than snipers. If you're going to snipe, make sure you're with a teammate. Then again, most of the maps in Blitz cater to brawling so you'll just have to learn to streetfight by using your TD as an assault gun..

 

Hope my two cents help kabayan Babayega.

 

I never had any problems with The Brits and could elude them trying to COD me. But these new pesky lights are a different story:P . Good advice about merging into the pack to offer more targets to them. I'll give that a go mate :)

 

"If the tanks succeed, then victory follows.", Guderian, 1937.

 

 


blacknoheart #6 Posted 18 February 2016 - 04:59 AM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 6738 battles
  • 239
  • Member since:
    09-13-2015

View PostP_6, on 18 February 2016 - 09:43 AM, said:

I have stopped playing my German TD's since the update and have started playing the Soviet TD's on another account (seeing if Russian bias actually exists). So far I have played through Su-76 Tier III, SU-85B Tier IV and now SU 85 Tier V. In all cases unless you stick very close (speed of tank permitting) to main bunch you will be very quickly flanked from behind by new German Lights and bada bada bada boom game over man. Even the big KV's struggle with slow turret rotation and speed. I had previously honed some tactics for my German TD's but it's a totally different game now and I admit it's not fun anymore. You cannot play with a tactic or strategy plan before tanks start rolling. Maps suit mediums and lights now....TD's are the dinosaurs....

 

P.s Heavy drivers must be feeling the hurt too

 

and like dinosaurs TDs will become extinct soon :trollface:

 

my whole team got creamed by a couple of platooning LTs yesterday, these LTs are too OP



Babayega_1 #7 Posted 18 February 2016 - 06:31 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 22744 battles
  • 539
  • [_PWB_]
  • Member since:
    08-23-2015

View Post_RB_33_, on 18 February 2016 - 02:21 AM, said:

Haven't had any serious trouble with the new German LTs whenever I'm using the Jackson... What I usually do when I see one at close range if he's in front of me, I ram them. TDs are heavier (of course) than lights and they will feel the pain of the collision. If someone shows up behind me, I simply move forward into my team so that the LT will have more targets and opponents to contend with. For the record, fighting the German lights is no different from fighting the likes of the British LTs (Covenanter and Crusader) as well as the Cromwell.

 

You're a TD, stay behind the team but not too far off. TD gameplay nowadays are more of assault guns (keeping with a team), rather than snipers. If you're going to snipe, make sure you're with a teammate. Then again, most of the maps in Blitz cater to brawling so you'll just have to learn to streetfight by using your TD as an assault gun..

 

Hope my two cents help kabayan Babayega.

 

How are you Kabayan? hehe By the way, regarding TDs especially russian TDs, with the introduction of new German LTs, I really am slowly becoming an assault TD because it happened to me once that I was left near the Lemming train in Desert Sands trying to climb up when this VK 28.01 came from my 10 oclock. I tried to climb up to maneuver better but he's already on me by the time I got up. he blew me right there after 180 deg of COD.

Question though, I havent checked the traverse speed of the Jackson but is it faster than the Hellcat? I cry a river with my hellcat lately...


 

 

"Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning."

                                                             - Erwin Rommel


Diamond114 #8 Posted 18 February 2016 - 06:46 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 16298 battles
  • 2,234
  • [408]
  • Member since:
    07-04-2014
No difference I think between the Jackson and Hellcat

"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN.

 

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN.

 

"To be a good fighter pilot, there's only one prime requisite; Think Fast, and Act Faster" - John Trevor Godfrey, 336 Sqn RAF


Babayega_1 #9 Posted 18 February 2016 - 07:38 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 22744 battles
  • 539
  • [_PWB_]
  • Member since:
    08-23-2015

View Postblacknoheart, on 18 February 2016 - 04:59 AM, said:

 

and like dinosaurs TDs will become extinct soon :trollface:

 

my whole team got creamed by a couple of platooning LTs yesterday, these LTs are too OP

 

Hmm..maybe WG would release ARTYs in the next update to compensate...just wishful thinking.

 

 

"Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning."

                                                             - Erwin Rommel


anonym_U9Z2L6QMupMU #10 Posted 18 February 2016 - 10:17 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 0 battles
  • 548
  • Member since:
    03-28-2019
LT don't give me much trouble. After their presence, When I drive my Heavy, I go back to the "Traditional" urban area rather than Medium flanks with dunes and hills. After all, Heavy and TD shouldn't face Lights at the first place, so avoid flanking and open positions since LT can easily crush you into pieces. Mediums are the most effective Lights killers, although they can certainly hurt you (waffle gun on VK, or 90 mm with HEAT) if someone caught you frontally and they want to CoD you, don't just simply turn the hull and turret at same time, instead try to predict where they going, if they go to your left, reverse to right, since this will make their turning radius much larger so you can bring your gun into them, don't try juking on tracks, because any tracked Heavy will never survive against pesky Light tanks and as usual try to bring double repair kits for Heavy and TD. I haven't played TD currently so I can't comment about that much, one thing is clear is try to hang back and provide fire support to enemies Heavies/Mediums (depend how fast are your TD)

_RB_33_ #11 Posted 18 February 2016 - 04:32 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 23162 battles
  • 387
  • [101AS]
  • Member since:
    08-05-2015

View PostBabayega_1, on 18 February 2016 - 06:31 AM, said:

 

How are you Kabayan? hehe By the way, regarding TDs especially russian TDs, with the introduction of new German LTs, I really am slowly becoming an assault TD because it happened to me once that I was left near the Lemming train in Desert Sands trying to climb up when this VK 28.01 came from my 10 oclock. I tried to climb up to maneuver better but he's already on me by the time I got up. he blew me right there after 180 deg of COD.

Question though, I havent checked the traverse speed of the Jackson but is it faster than the Hellcat? I cry a river with my hellcat lately...

 

Doing good kabayan, I just got home from work... Thank God for a good game at Blitz to help release stress lol.

 

From my experience, the numbers shouldn't differ if there is. For me, if there is even a small difference that lets the Jackson traverse faster than a Kitty, that's a big help. That aside, the reason why the Jackson seems to have a better hull and turret traverse is because it's traverse speed is pretty much in-sync with it's accleration. With the Hellcat's preferred style of play and large amounts of speed, the slow turret and hull traverse is a glaring issue... Not so much for the Jackson. What saves my hide with the Jackie during brawls is that I brawl very late into the game and the ability to make lucky bounces or survive shots that would kill a Hellcat. I think Diamond114 will agree with me on this, being a seasoned Jackson driver as well. Other than that, typical TD rules apply. I mean, other than having a turret, a VERY SLOW one at that, the Jackson is still a TD... That thinks it's a medium sometimes...

 

For the turretless TDs, I've seen good/very good turretless TD drivers make short work of any LT by simply turning in reverse to the direction that the opposing LT is turning just as deongunner has mentioned too. I mean, c'mon, just one shot from that Russian howitzer is enough to make any LT cry when you manage to bring that boom-pipe on them. LTs got agility advantage, TDs got the firepower to make them pay for any mistake that you force them to make. And yes, being an assault gun is a must for TDs nowadays.



Diamond114 #12 Posted 18 February 2016 - 05:01 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 16298 battles
  • 2,234
  • [408]
  • Member since:
    07-04-2014

View Post_RB_33_, on 18 February 2016 - 04:32 PM, said:

 

Doing good kabayan, I just got home from work... Thank God for a good game at Blitz to help release stress lol.

 

From my experience, the numbers shouldn't differ if there is. For me, if there is even a small difference that lets the Jackson traverse faster than a Kitty, that's a big help. That aside, the reason why the Jackson seems to have a better hull and turret traverse is because it's traverse speed is pretty much in-sync with it's accleration. With the Hellcat's preferred style of play and large amounts of speed, the slow turret and hull traverse is a glaring issue... Not so much for the Jackson. What saves my hide with the Jackie during brawls is that I brawl very late into the game and the ability to make lucky bounces or survive shots that would kill a Hellcat. I think Diamond114 will agree with me on this, being a seasoned Jackson driver as well. Other than that, typical TD rules apply. I mean, other than having a turret, a VERY SLOW one at that, the Jackson is still a TD... That thinks it's a medium sometimes...

 

For the turretless TDs, I've seen good/very good turretless TD drivers make short work of any LT by simply turning in reverse to the direction that the opposing LT is turning just as deongunner has mentioned too. I mean, c'mon, just one shot from that Russian howitzer is enough to make any LT cry when you manage to bring that boom-pipe on them. LTs got agility advantage, TDs got the firepower to make them pay for any mistake that you force them to make. And yes, being an assault gun is a must for TDs nowadays.

 

Actually, another factor in Jackson that sometimes save your bacon is the transmission cover, 114mm thick and angled, that thing is pretty tough, even 122mm guns bounce when poorly aimed at it. Jackson's hull traverse rate isn't any faster than a Hellcat, in fact both had 30 deg/sec hull traverse, but Jackson I think has better dispersion values while traversing its hull or turret, which does help when you play late game medium and brawl in it. So overall, Jackson feels smoother when brawling, especially since its playstyle are mostly to stand your ground and fight, which I don't have much problem in. With the Hellcats, it's more like a drive-by; get an LOS of your target, fire, and relocate. Trying to fight in the Hellcat the same way as Jackson (which I did a lot) will get you sent back to garage fast

"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN.

 

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN.

 

"To be a good fighter pilot, there's only one prime requisite; Think Fast, and Act Faster" - John Trevor Godfrey, 336 Sqn RAF


_RB_33_ #13 Posted 18 February 2016 - 05:07 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 23162 battles
  • 387
  • [101AS]
  • Member since:
    08-05-2015

View PostDiamond114, on 18 February 2016 - 05:01 PM, said:

 

Actually, another factor in Jackson that sometimes save your bacon is the transmission cover, 114mm thick and angled, that thing is pretty tough, even 122mm guns bounce when poorly aimed at it. Jackson's hull traverse rate isn't any faster than a Hellcat, in fact both had 30 deg/sec hull traverse, but Jackson I think has better dispersion values while traversing its hull or turret, which does help when you play late game medium and brawl in it. So overall, Jackson feels smoother when brawling, especially since its playstyle are mostly to stand your ground and fight, which I don't have much problem in. With the Hellcats, it's more like a drive-by; get an LOS of your target, fire, and relocate. Trying to fight in the Hellcat the same way as Jackson (which I did a lot) will get you sent back to garage fast

 

Ah yes, the transmission cover. Thank you for bringing that up. It really did save my bacon a good number of times. And thank you for bringing up more precise info :great:

 

But back to topic, any other anti-LT tips you can share to our TD bretheren, turreted or not?



Diamond114 #14 Posted 18 February 2016 - 05:08 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 16298 battles
  • 2,234
  • [408]
  • Member since:
    07-04-2014
Oh, and I actually haven't touched the Jackson ever since I finished playing it about more than a year ago, and back then we didn't had these LT pests yet. It was mostly me sniping mediums and heavies in it from half a map away, and there were mostly T-43, IS, Tiger I, M6 lines that I face. I've been wanting to dust the Jackson off, but now I have so many new tanks in the garage I'm going to go broke if I do, getting it back is so expensive

"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN.

 

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN.

 

"To be a good fighter pilot, there's only one prime requisite; Think Fast, and Act Faster" - John Trevor Godfrey, 336 Sqn RAF


_RB_33_ #15 Posted 18 February 2016 - 05:09 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 23162 battles
  • 387
  • [101AS]
  • Member since:
    08-05-2015

View PostDiamond114, on 18 February 2016 - 05:08 PM, said:

Oh, and I actually haven't touched the Jackson ever since I finished playing it about more than a year ago, and back then we didn't had these LT pests yet. It was mostly me sniping mediums and heavies in it from half a map away, and there were mostly T-43, IS, Tiger I, M6 lines that I face. I've been wanting to dust the Jackson off, but now I have so many new tanks in the garage I'm going to go broke if I do, getting it back is so expensive

 

Well, I certainly hope that you do bring back your Jackson. I feel that I have a lot more to learn from veterans like you.

Edited by _RB_33_, 18 February 2016 - 05:10 PM.


Diamond114 #16 Posted 18 February 2016 - 05:12 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 16298 battles
  • 2,234
  • [408]
  • Member since:
    07-04-2014
Anti LT tactics? Deongunner just pointed one out, try and guess where he goes and back off the opposite way. Others are to back up against a rock or a buliding or some cover big enough to cover your ass, never fight alone if possible, track him before he gets to you, and try kill said LT early, especially if he is YOLOing. Be ware on the last one though, had games where the opfor stomped us because a light tank went suiscouting and just happens to pinpoint EVERYONE either by direct spotting or making those guys shoot at him, so they know where we all were

"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN.

 

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN.

 

"To be a good fighter pilot, there's only one prime requisite; Think Fast, and Act Faster" - John Trevor Godfrey, 336 Sqn RAF


Diamond114 #17 Posted 18 February 2016 - 05:13 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 16298 battles
  • 2,234
  • [408]
  • Member since:
    07-04-2014
This is just basic tactics, mind you. I don't have anything other than this until I face those buggers off myself

"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN.

 

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN.

 

"To be a good fighter pilot, there's only one prime requisite; Think Fast, and Act Faster" - John Trevor Godfrey, 336 Sqn RAF


Diamond114 #18 Posted 18 February 2016 - 05:15 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 16298 battles
  • 2,234
  • [408]
  • Member since:
    07-04-2014

View Post_RB_33_, on 18 February 2016 - 05:09 PM, said:

 

Well, I certainly hope that you do bring back your Jackson. I feel that I have a lot more to learn from veterans like you.

 

Yeah, well, I got a Tiger P, Tiger II, Pershing, T28, Jumbo, KV-13, CGC, ISU-152 to grind in. I don't think I can afford the Jackson now

"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN.

 

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN.

 

"To be a good fighter pilot, there's only one prime requisite; Think Fast, and Act Faster" - John Trevor Godfrey, 336 Sqn RAF


Diamond114 #19 Posted 18 February 2016 - 05:16 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 16298 battles
  • 2,234
  • [408]
  • Member since:
    07-04-2014
And those tanks I have yet to elite nor 100% crew exp in it

"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN.

 

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN.

 

"To be a good fighter pilot, there's only one prime requisite; Think Fast, and Act Faster" - John Trevor Godfrey, 336 Sqn RAF


Diamond114 #20 Posted 18 February 2016 - 05:29 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 16298 battles
  • 2,234
  • [408]
  • Member since:
    07-04-2014
On another note, some non turreted TDs like T25AT is a hell to COD. In my 99 battles in the thing, I don't think I lost much because of CODing, more like I was fighting outnumbered and the opfors sneak in shot after shot at my sides and rear while I was brawling someone else. JgPanther and ISU/SU-152, have been tracked and killed a lot because of the slow traverse (well, JgPanther isn't that slow, but slow enough that in a brawl you tend to get tracked by sprocket snipers a lot). And please don't risk non-pens by HE on big guns like 105, 120, and 122s. Since HE doesn't normalize, it only pens straight angles. Other than that you get splash damage. 152 is an exception (sort of) because even with HE it pens okay that if you can overmatch the armor value, anyone that gets penned is going to have a bad, bad day. Even splash damage still does 300-350 dmg average.

"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN.

 

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN.

 

"To be a good fighter pilot, there's only one prime requisite; Think Fast, and Act Faster" - John Trevor Godfrey, 336 Sqn RAF





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users