t49: Any tips?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Strangely_brown #21 Posted 09 February 2016 - 06:00 AM

Sergeant

• 43156 battles
  • [CATS]
The entire line from M8A1, T49, hell kitty to T25/2 play similarly. Fast, good alpha, good ROF, good camo. Some of my favourite tanks. If you're good at the tier 4 and 5 ones those skills carry over to the 6 and 7.  Snipe and relocate. Camo, fire, retreat, recamo. If you know that shooting will give away your position then don't shoot. If you see a barrel swivelling to point at you then retreat to cover before the light bulb confirms you've been sighted. If the light bulb goes off move straight away, don't risk the shot.
I love this line - I'm even enjoying the t28 proto despite its change of pace. In fact I need this line as I can't drive unturretted TDs and these guys are the only way for me to build my TD crew skills.

_RB_33_ #22 Posted 09 February 2016 - 03:01 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 22387 battles
  • [101AS]

As an M36 driver who has fought alongside well-driven T49s and Hellcats, it is a joy to have them as teammates with my Jackson pummeling the opfor from the front and either T49s or Kitty's flanking and spanking them from a different direction. That said, I've also driven the T49 and Hellcat and all I can say is, unless you know what you're doing, NEVER BRAWL. To be fair, the Jackson is no better in a brawl but at least it has the slightly better armor and better traverse and gun handling to help. Of course, both the Kitty and T49 have heaps of speed so use it to get out of trouble; they can both survive by running away where the Jackson has no choice but to fight to the death.

If it helps, here is a video of a Hellcat Mastery by a Spanish (I think) player. All the good and bad, the correct moves and mistakes for Hellcat-type vehicles can be found in the video. The said player also practices holding his fire when it wouldn't benefit him as well as maximizing his camouflage. He unfortunately got a bit greedy near the end when he tried brawling with a T43. Credits to the said player for his video.

Edited by _RB_33_, 09 February 2016 - 03:02 PM.

Diamond114 #23 Posted 10 February 2016 - 03:59 PM

Captain

• 16287 battles
  • [408]

View PostStrangely_brown, on 09 February 2016 - 06:00 AM, said:

The entire line from M8A1, T49, hell kitty to T25/2 play similarly. 

T25/2 is slower that M8A1, T49, and Hellcat. I found it plays more like the Jackson with lower profile and without the 114mm front transmission cover (bummer if you ask me)

"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN.

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN.

"To be a good fighter pilot, there's only one prime requisite; Think Fast, and Act Faster" - John Trevor Godfrey, 336 Sqn RAF

chokhulet #24 Posted 12 February 2016 - 08:47 PM

Sergeant

• 10297 battles
  • [N0YPI]

After the latest update (2.6) and with the 6 new German tanks, it seems like the reign of T49 as the fastest Destroyer and fastest tier V or probably the fastest tier V is gone when the Luch (tier IV), Leopard (tier V), VK 28.01 (tier VI), and SPIC (tier VII) is release. These tanks can chase and probably can catch up the cruising T49 when escaping or repositioning. I have seen Luch chasing T49 in one of my battles... Though Luch is my ally... That is impressive feat for the new tanks... And one more thing, those new tanks is equip with auto cannons...and it can be a bully-type tank.... Remember how such firepower can play big role agains higher tier like from tier V? Absolutely BULLY...   Speed is enough for those light tanks but not those auto cannons please WG...

Diamond114 #25 Posted 13 February 2016 - 06:14 PM

Captain

• 16287 battles
  • [408]

View Postchokhulet, on 12 February 2016 - 08:47 PM, said:

After the latest update (2.6) and with the 6 new German tanks, it seems like the reign of T49 as the fastest Destroyer and fastest tier V or probably the fastest tier V is gone when the Luch (tier IV), Leopard (tier V), VK 28.01 (tier VI), and SPIC (tier VII) is release. These tanks can chase and probably can catch up the cruising T49 when escaping or repositioning. I have seen Luch chasing T49 in one of my battles... Though Luch is my ally... That is impressive feat for the new tanks... And one more thing, those new tanks is equip with auto cannons...and it can be a bully-type tank.... Remember how such firepower can play big role agains higher tier like from tier V? Absolutely BULLY...   Speed is enough for those light tanks but not those auto cannons please WG...

Solution for T49: Kill it at long tange with the 75/76mm before it gets close, always have team support and make him fight not just you, but other tanks as well. Prioritizing target is also key, if the T49 team can kill the Luchs before it gets close, one less bugger on the opfor team

Now some of you probably going to contend about the speed of the Luchs working for it, my solution; turn off auto aim and learn to pull lead and shoot straight at a moving target. I came from the TD background, and I've also played FPS and combat flight sims, so I'm pretty confident in my sniping skills

"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN.

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN.

"To be a good fighter pilot, there's only one prime requisite; Think Fast, and Act Faster" - John Trevor Godfrey, 336 Sqn RAF

Babayega_1 #26 Posted 16 February 2016 - 06:38 AM

First Lieutenant

• 21465 battles
  • [ROGUE]

View PostDiamond114, on 08 February 2016 - 05:15 PM, said:

I can relate. Hellcats had a hull made out of knickers. That said, you're not supposed to use it in close combat brawling. Your options are either hulldown snipe or flank. You want a brawling TD take either the M36 or SU-100 with the 122. If you find yourself out in the open often and be the first to run into the enemy, you are TARFU.

I tried to hung back when attacking and it helped though with all the LTs running around, I still get killed hehe

"Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning."

- Erwin Rommel

Diamond114 #27 Posted 17 February 2016 - 11:16 AM

Captain

• 16287 battles
  • [408]

View PostBabayega_1, on 16 February 2016 - 06:38 AM, said:

I tried to hung back when attacking and it helped though with all the LTs running around, I still get killed hehe

Buggered mosquitoes they are alright ;)

Babayega_1 #28 Posted 18 February 2016 - 01:13 AM

First Lieutenant

• 21465 battles
  • [ROGUE]
I really hate the vk 28.01 and the leopard when im driving my hellcat. no amount of hull and turret traverse can catch a fully upgraded vk and leopard LT...I hope they buff the hellcat's turret traverse or atleast the hull traverse.would really help though. 

- Erwin Rommel

Diamond114 #29 Posted 18 February 2016 - 02:38 AM

Captain

• 16287 battles
  • [408]
Turn your hull and your turret together, and don't get tracked while doing it

Babayega_1 #30 Posted 18 February 2016 - 04:01 AM

First Lieutenant

• 21465 battles
  • [ROGUE]

View PostDiamond114, on 18 February 2016 - 02:38 AM, said:

Turn your hull and your turret together, and don't get tracked while doing it

Tried that man 2 nights ago...did work with Hellcat but just like twice..theyre just too fast man or im just too slow

- Erwin Rommel

Diamond114 #31 Posted 18 February 2016 - 06:53 AM

Captain

• 16287 battles
  • [408]
Then see if you can keep a distance from them and kill the before they get close. 90mm should be enough to pen those LTs frontally. Track them too if possible

Kabama04 #32 Posted 15 June 2017 - 01:24 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 19997 battles
  • [FOW]

Driving in my Pz. IV with 105mm

Spots T67 Platoon

:justwait:

My Tanks:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users