t49: Any tips?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Babayega_1 #1 Posted 21 January 2016 - 07:49 AM

First Lieutenant

• 21465 battles
  • [ROGUE]

I have rested my JgPanther for the meatime as well as my Tiger II to concentrate on playing lower tiers so that I could solidify my skill set before fighting higher tiers (as what several masters here have suggested so I listened to them)

So for my question, how do i play the t49 best. I understand that turret traverse is nearly as bad as the Skoda Panther and the speed can rival the a20. I also noticed that there are t49 drivers who drive it like a scout and YOLO and die easily so I dont do that. Its just that if I play it as regular TD like I hung back on "good" sniping spots meaning I can actually shoot opfors and not just camp, I always get jumped by a stug or a jg pz iv or SUs. What the max view distance that this TD has? I mean I have binocs and optics but I had like 3 episodes when i was atop the ridge in dead rail and suddenly an SU100 took potshots at me (i only knew it was him when Im already dead and he was perched on the north map's version of the hill.

All tips are appreciated.

"Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning."

- Erwin Rommel

anthonylei01 #2 Posted 21 January 2016 - 08:49 AM

Captain

• 16123 battles
  • [YOYO_]

may I give you a counter suggestion...... you are trying too much....

you should try to stick with one tank type / play style at tier 5/6, Tiger / JP / T49 are completely different tanks...... T49 or hellcat requires a high level of map and battle awareness to be successful..... I typically need around 100 games to fully understand the capability of a new tank (high tier)...

you seem to be ok with KV-1S... but not the IS, so go and spend 100 more battles on it and aim to improve your Damage Ratio from 1.1 to 1.5. To be honest, the IS-7 line is noob proof.... just go down that line, at least up to tier 8 (IS-3)

-----

to give you an indication on how to test your skill at this level..... from time to time, go back to tier 4 or 5 games... and try to seal club and contribute around half of your team total damage output! You will need to play your tank to its strength, good degree of map awareness and judgement. My T-25 which you also got, enjoys a WR of 71% after 80 games.

Edited by anthonylei01, 21 January 2016 - 08:56 AM.

shanan15 #3 Posted 21 January 2016 - 10:53 PM

Corporal

• 8935 battles

Good idea to go back to lower tiers for a while to improve the skills. I did and never regretted it. Much more fun.

If you want to play tds - i did to improve my camo - I'd suggest the Russian line. The su85 and su100 are really good tds to practice on at tier 5 and 6. I found them much easier to play than the american and german tds. Plus they lead to the su152 and isu152 with their tres fun guns.

The t49 works better played as a medium with no armour. Its mobile so can get in flanking shots on distracted tanks. That gun is really good at tier 5 but if they hit you you're toast. I'd also suggest getting into the habit of taking cover whenever you're spotted. Don't be tempted to wait 3 seconds so you can take another shot. It usually costs you most of your hitpoints. It takes discipline, which i often don't have, but most good players are very good at preserving their health until late in the game.

Babayega_1 #4 Posted 21 January 2016 - 11:49 PM

First Lieutenant

• 21465 battles
  • [ROGUE]

View Postanthonylei01, on 21 January 2016 - 08:49 AM, said:

may I give you a counter suggestion...... you are trying too much....

you should try to stick with one tank type / play style at tier 5/6, Tiger / JP / T49 are completely different tanks...... T49 or hellcat requires a high level of map and battle awareness to be successful..... I typically need around 100 games to fully understand the capability of a new tank (high tier)...

you seem to be ok with KV-1S... but not the IS, so go and spend 100 more battles on it and aim to improve your Damage Ratio from 1.1 to 1.5. To be honest, the IS-7 line is noob proof.... just go down that line, at least up to tier 8 (IS-3)

-----

to give you an indication on how to test your skill at this level..... from time to time, go back to tier 4 or 5 games... and try to seal club and contribute around half of your team total damage output! You will need to play your tank to its strength, good degree of map awareness and judgement. My T-25 which you also got, enjoys a WR of 71% after 80 games.

I agree with you on this one about seal clubbing on lower tiers. i will do that this weekend and maybe dont buy the excelsior yet...I dont know if happens to you or the others but I tend to get bored of my tier iv/V tanks. only tanks that I dont get bored on that tier are Stug, hetz, kv1 and churchill. but the rest like the anko and the pz iv are gathering moss and cobwebs. I just kept the pz iv in case I wanna go to the vk 30.01 line as well as the m4 just in case I wanna go back to the E8 that I had in the NA server.

THanks man for the tip. 

- Erwin Rommel

Babayega_1 #5 Posted 21 January 2016 - 11:51 PM

First Lieutenant

• 21465 battles
  • [ROGUE]

View Postshanan15, on 21 January 2016 - 10:53 PM, said:

Good idea to go back to lower tiers for a while to improve the skills. I did and never regretted it. Much more fun.

If you want to play tds - i did to improve my camo - I'd suggest the Russian line. The su85 and su100 are really good tds to practice on at tier 5 and 6. I found them much easier to play than the american and german tds. Plus they lead to the su152 and isu152 with their tres fun guns.

The t49 works better played as a medium with no armour. Its mobile so can get in flanking shots on distracted tanks. That gun is really good at tier 5 but if they hit you you're toast. I'd also suggest getting into the habit of taking cover whenever you're spotted. Don't be tempted to wait 3 seconds so you can take another shot. It usually costs you most of your hitpoints. It takes discipline, which i often don't have, but most good players are very good at preserving their health until late in the game.

my uncle kept on pushing me to go to Russian TD line which is near-noob proof according to him. His name is Agoge_for_Spartans anyway and even he doesnt have good rate on german TDs compared to his med and heavy line. I would try to play my lower tiers 5-6 later to improve my WR and also get used to the style of play. thanks mucho

- Erwin Rommel

anthonylei01 #6 Posted 22 January 2016 - 12:53 AM

Captain

• 16123 battles
  • [YOYO_]

View PostBabayega_1, on 22 January 2016 - 07:49 AM, said:

I agree with you on this one about seal clubbing on lower tiers. i will do that this weekend and maybe dont buy the excelsior yet...I dont know if happens to you or the others but I tend to get bored of my tier iv/V tanks. only tanks that I dont get bored on that tier are Stug, hetz, kv1 and churchill. but the rest like the anko and the pz iv are gathering moss and cobwebs. I just kept the pz iv in case I wanna go to the vk 30.01 line as well as the m4 just in case I wanna go back to the E8 that I had in the NA server.

THanks man for the tip. 

it is more of a test or training. Not seal club all day long. Plus it is fun to do 1500 damages in a tier 4 and the second best in your team only manages 500 damages....

Tier 1-4 are pretty much a training ground. Tier 5-6 are next level up, hence you 2 tiers above you. Sounds like you want the fun and the wins..... just consolidate your skill on 1 or 2 tanks for now, no new tanks, watch some good youtube videos to get tips and learn from your mistake from every battle. 

View PostBabayega_1, on 22 January 2016 - 07:51 AM, said:

my uncle kept on pushing me to go to Russian TD line which is near-noob proof according to him. His name is Agoge_for_Spartans anyway and even he doesnt have good rate on german TDs compared to his med and heavy line. I would try to play my lower tiers 5-6 later to improve my WR and also get used to the style of play. thanks mucho

Russian TD is noob proof in a way,  but not as much as Russian heavy, due to the fact that you have to stay hidden to reload and aim for your shot. On the battle field, whenever I see a Russian heavy, I will shot at it first as it has the biggest gun by far and next to no armor. Focus fire from 3 tanks will finish it within 5 seconds

Babayega_1 #7 Posted 22 January 2016 - 07:29 AM

First Lieutenant

• 21465 battles
  • [ROGUE]

True with what you said about the russian line. I mean, when I was playing my t-150 to the KV-3 I always make sure I have another guy who can shoot faster than I could so that he can shoot the opfor while i reload. BUt with the IS, it seems, people are expecting me to do a miracle and pew pew the opfor away with the top gun. I get heckled for relocating or for something hiding. Plus the armor on the IS vs the kv-4 which i had for 44 battles was tons of difference. 

I seem to take in all shots from the opfor.

- Erwin Rommel

anthonylei01 #8 Posted 22 January 2016 - 08:16 AM

Captain

• 16123 battles
  • [YOYO_]

View PostBabayega_1, on 22 January 2016 - 03:29 PM, said:

True with what you said about the russian line. I mean, when I was playing my t-150 to the KV-3 I always make sure I have another guy who can shoot faster than I could so that he can shoot the opfor while i reload. BUt with the IS, it seems, people are expecting me to do a miracle and pew pew the opfor away with the top gun. I get heckled for relocating or for something hiding. Plus the armor on the IS vs the kv-4 which i had for 44 battles was tons of difference. 

I seem to take in all shots from the opfor.

you got the biggest gun, and any decent player will target you first.... some guns reload 3 times faster than you, so take cover between shots

the play style of the IS is peak and boom

LeadFaun #9 Posted 31 January 2016 - 12:36 PM

Sergeant

• 13246 battles
  • [KR0N0]

You don't have any health or armour, so your mobility will be your armour, but the gun is really good, so you'll want to get to a position where the enemy can't shoot back, which is easy with its speed and it's gun depression. The T49 is a very low profile tank, which makes it very easy to hide from enemy tanks, as well.

You'll want to play this tank as a scout at first, fire a few shots if you can, then near the end of the game you can circle isolated tanks. That's how I got my mastery in this tank. On Castilla I spotted a few tanks for my team, and took a few shots when I could, and then killed the last three enemy tanks on my own by driving up a hill and shooting down at them. 

If you're ever outnumbered just run, because you can't deal with more than one tank at a time, you also can't trade shots with enemy tanks because of your health. A platoon of these can be really dangerous though.

Edited by LeadFaun, 31 January 2016 - 12:44 PM.

The best tanks

JK_STONE #10 Posted 01 February 2016 - 04:30 AM

Captain

• 11539 battles
  • [SH4FT]

I only have one suggestion, don't Yolo and get kill in the first 2 minutes!!!

This is the 'fastest' moving tank in Blitz, with power/wt ratio at 30+. (maybe some tier 2 premium tank has a faster tank?!?!)

This tank has an incredible gun (1.7 aim and 1587 DPM at tier 5 is very good) that can penetrate almost every tank frontally from tier 5 to tier 7.  Only few tier 7, i.e. KV-3, T29, Black Prince, Churchill, etc..., it cannot pen frontally.  But if you use the speed properly, these slow moving/turret turning heavy is no match for T49.

I see most T49 move too fast and gets killed within the first 2 minutes.  The very good players that I have seen, they remain hidden the 'entire' game.  Meaning they spot, and then relocate... they shoot and relocate.... they are constantly relocating to keep the tank off the radar.  They relocate constantly to find easy open shot at their OPFOR tank.  The very good T49 player only show up on the map at the very end, tracking down the last tank hiding at the corners of the map, because they have the speed to go around the entire map!!!

Be good... stay alive, and relocate, relocate, relocate!!!

Good luck on the battlefield!

chokhulet #11 Posted 04 February 2016 - 10:19 AM

Sergeant

• 10297 battles
  • [N0YPI]
T49 is my favorite tank.... I would say I will put T49 as my number 1 tank... For me it is the most reliable tank .. ( in my own terms.. Ok? ) ... If I play it with tier V and lower the tank can destroy atleast 2 out of 7 ... While playing it with tierV to tier VII it still very good in supporting fire.. I know this because I always wait for the others to detect it for me and position my T49 to place wherre I can see them and shoot undetectable.... But since I know the best position for sniping in many maps I quickly go to those spot as quick as before anyone can detect enemy so I can shoot as soon as they got one or if I detect it my self shoot them until I got detected and runaway and move to other place... I do this kind of tactic for my other fast moving tanks like my M8A1 (which is also good in sniping since it is a tank destroyer ), T28, T34-85, and Pz III ( to my first account )... These 5 tanks is my top 5 tanks in terms of reliability (again in my own terms)... You can ask me why I call them reliable tanks... I have my first 3 heavies with this new account just after playing it within a month due to 30 days premium account...which I got for very low price...

Lead_Faun #12 Posted 04 February 2016 - 11:09 AM

Corporal

• 2582 battles
  • [TWOA]

View Postchokhulet, on 04 February 2016 - 10:19 AM, said:

T49 is my favorite tank.... I would say I will put T49 as my number 1 tank... For me it is the most reliable tank .. ( in my own terms.. 

Ditto.

chokhulet #13 Posted 04 February 2016 - 03:51 PM

Sergeant

• 10297 battles
  • [N0YPI]

View PostLead_Faun, on 04 February 2016 - 11:09 AM, said:

Ditto.

What? Sorry I dont speak spanish or whatever word is that..

Dr_Jedi #14 Posted 04 February 2016 - 05:25 PM

Captain

• 4236 battles
  • [SH4FT]

Well it's not Spanish.

It's a word used when to say same for me in english.

Well more like school kids english.

Dark_Exile_ #15 Posted 04 February 2016 - 09:35 PM

Captain

• 28930 battles
  • [UQ]
I suppose the T-49 is like a light tank, lol.  It lacks HP and armour, but is fast and has good camo.

DEPUTY COMMANDER OF "UQ HOLDER!" ||| AUSTRALIA 

If you have any concerns regarding the game or reports of AFK players, send a PM with uncensored evidence and it'll be passed on. :)

chokhulet #16 Posted 05 February 2016 - 12:22 PM

Sergeant

• 10297 battles
  • [N0YPI]

View PostClanBassadoR, on 04 February 2016 - 09:35 PM, said:

I suppose the T-49 is like a light tank, lol.  It lacks HP and armour, but is fast and has good camo.

For you T49 is light tank but the data said it is a tank destroyer.... Anyway M8A1 has more armor than t49 but it takes stronger enemy so the armor does not make the players feel its strength.... Also those 2 destroyers ( M8A1 and T49 )is the only (or only for me as I experience it) tank destroyers I use to have very fast movement with turret.... Oh please do not tell me about the Hellcat... I have that hellcat in my old account (altarik....does anyone have play with me using that name? ) and I tell you it has more armor but it is still weak agains all of its enemy.... And the speed is very slow for me when I compare to my 2 favorite destroyers...

Edited by chokhulet, 05 February 2016 - 12:23 PM.

LeadFaun #17 Posted 06 February 2016 - 03:56 PM

Sergeant

• 13246 battles
  • [KR0N0]

View Postchokhulet, on 05 February 2016 - 12:22 PM, said:

I have that hellcat in my old account and I tell you it has more armor but it is still weak agains all of its enemy.... And the speed is very slow for me when I compare to my 2 favorite destroyers...

Ditto. It feels really slow after playing the T49. Do the second set of tracks have better terrain resistance or something?

The best tanks

Babayega_1 #18 Posted 08 February 2016 - 05:25 AM

First Lieutenant

• 21465 battles
  • [ROGUE]
I am close to ditching my hellcat...only the hope of playing the t25/2 keeps me from rage selling it. The turret traverse is one of the worst and even though I turn my hull with it, its still slow compared to jg pz iv...

- Erwin Rommel

Diamond114 #19 Posted 08 February 2016 - 05:15 PM

Captain

• 16287 battles
  • [408]

View PostBabayega_1, on 08 February 2016 - 05:25 AM, said:

I am close to ditching my hellcat...only the hope of playing the t25/2 keeps me from rage selling it. The turret traverse is one of the worst and even though I turn my hull with it, its still slow compared to jg pz iv...

I can relate. Hellcats had a hull made out of knickers. That said, you're not supposed to use it in close combat brawling. Your options are either hulldown snipe or flank. You want a brawling TD take either the M36 or SU-100 with the 122. If you find yourself out in the open often and be the first to run into the enemy, you are TARFU.

"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN.

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN.

"To be a good fighter pilot, there's only one prime requisite; Think Fast, and Act Faster" - John Trevor Godfrey, 336 Sqn RAF

GrimTraveller #20 Posted 08 February 2016 - 11:31 PM

Corporal

• 10177 battles

I also love playing the T49. As others have said, mobility is the key. Not only for fast relocations half way across the map, its acceleratiom means you can pop out, take a shot and pop back very quickly. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users