Jump to content


JpantherII help

tank destroyers germany

  • Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Poll: gun choice (13 members have cast votes)

88mm or 105mm (i dont have the 128mm yet)

  1. 88mm (2 votes [15.38%])

    Percentage of vote: 15.38%

  2. 105mm (11 votes [84.62%])

    Percentage of vote: 84.62%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

star_sword2000 #1 Posted 14 January 2016 - 08:44 AM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 12446 battles
  • 124
  • [AUSIE]
  • Member since:
    07-22-2014
I always nearly lose credits in my JpantherII, and i only have a 43% winrate in it. The match cost is too expensive (thanks a lot, WG+camo).I think i'm playing the tank wrong. help anybody?

 

World of Tanks Generals Beta Tester, World of Warships Closed Beta tester, Heliborne Closed Alpha Tester. 

Leader of SH4FT, professor of committee of SHAFT. 

 
Current lines: German TD(s) (Jagtiger, St. Emil) German Light (ru251) German medium (halted for now) Soviet Heavy (IS3) British Mediums (Halted for now)
 

Droidekool #2 Posted 14 January 2016 - 09:11 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 371 battles
  • 332
  • Member since:
    08-26-2015
It is consider a mobile TD with poor armor. Play it as support TD if your play style was too aggressive. Good luck.
Trust me, I am a pure noob. But I can carry any game with my T95.

 


star_sword2000 #3 Posted 14 January 2016 - 09:13 AM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 12446 battles
  • 124
  • [AUSIE]
  • Member since:
    07-22-2014
i trying. the superstructure has good armour,but the tall profile makes it hard to find good hull down spots.

 

World of Tanks Generals Beta Tester, World of Warships Closed Beta tester, Heliborne Closed Alpha Tester. 

Leader of SH4FT, professor of committee of SHAFT. 

 
Current lines: German TD(s) (Jagtiger, St. Emil) German Light (ru251) German medium (halted for now) Soviet Heavy (IS3) British Mediums (Halted for now)
 

Shatter12 #4 Posted 14 January 2016 - 09:33 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 1028 battles
  • 802
  • [JOKAZ]
  • Member since:
    08-12-2014
Use the 88mm. It has a more reliable damage output, and costs less credits (normal AP ammo is at least). It's also has a better RoF.

"If you are not getting accused of being a noob or a hacker at least once a day, then you're doing something wrong" 

Grinding and buying free exp for the E-50M tonk.


CarvinMarvin #5 Posted 14 January 2016 - 09:40 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 22631 battles
  • 2,276
  • Member since:
    07-05-2014

View PostShatter12, on 14 January 2016 - 07:33 PM, said:

Use the 88mm. It has a more reliable damage output, and costs less credits (normal AP ammo is at least). It's also has a better RoF.

 

But for a tier 8 facing tier 10 tanks you can have all the RoF you want, if you can't penetrate then you aren't going to be scary.

 

 


 


Shatter12 #6 Posted 14 January 2016 - 09:42 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 1028 battles
  • 802
  • [JOKAZ]
  • Member since:
    08-12-2014

View PostCarvinMarvin, on 14 January 2016 - 07:10 PM, said:

 

But for a tier 8 facing tier 10 tanks you can have all the RoF you want, if you can't penetrate then you aren't going to be scary.

88mm still has marginally better pen, but worse APCR pen. He also said he was losing some credits as well, so he might gain a few credits with the 88mm L/71.


Edited by Shatter12, 14 January 2016 - 09:43 AM.

"If you are not getting accused of being a noob or a hacker at least once a day, then you're doing something wrong" 

Grinding and buying free exp for the E-50M tonk.


CALVINJJ #7 Posted 14 January 2016 - 10:57 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 13929 battles
  • 2,603
  • Member since:
    09-23-2014

Use 105mm gun,  recommend you to get the top gun as soon as possible

And this tank need to play as support not brawler, keep some distance from enemy

this tank is absolutely beast when fully upgrade,  when you use it right probably the best tier 8 tank

you can also try side scrapping as defensive action when force to, I manage to get a bounce from bl10


Anger and emotion are strategically counterproductive. You must always stay calm and objective. -Robert Greene,the 48 laws of power-

 


anthonylei01 #8 Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:04 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 16181 battles
  • 1,484
  • [YOYO_]
  • Member since:
    09-27-2015

105mm gun is a must, JP2 has a bad credit earning ratio (same for tiger 2) and often put into tier 9 or 10 games... and you need APCR to penetrate high tiers, so get used to losing credits

 

AP shell cost around 1000 anyway, might well fire APCR, at a cost of sub 5000 per shell and penetrate. 

 

with P. account, around 1500 - 2000 damages in tier 10 games, can set you back around 20k credit (with P. account), if your team win the battle.....



anthonylei01 #9 Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:12 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 16181 battles
  • 1,484
  • [YOYO_]
  • Member since:
    09-27-2015

View PostCALVINJJ, on 14 January 2016 - 06:57 PM, said:

Use 105mm gun,  recommend you to get the top gun as soon as possible

And this tank need to play as support not brawler, keep some distance from enemy

this tank is absolutely beast when fully upgrade,  when you use it right probably the best tier 8 tank

you can also try side scrapping as defensive action when force to, I manage to get a bounce from bl10

 

this TD is fun, but only managed a 50% WR so far with this TD..... and my Tiger 2 is around 58%

 

I often stay at the back of the pack as JP2 doesn't have much armor to speak off and only good if your team mates let you..... I guess I need platoon a bit more with a heavy or medium in this thing~~~ 

 

the lack of gun depression and poor camo rating are the biggest issue

 



Dark_Exile_ #10 Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:46 AM

    Captain

  • Moderator
  • 29462 battles
  • 3,291
  • [UQ]
  • Member since:
    10-31-2014
I'd call this OP with the 10,5 gun.... A good player can easily carry a match, with good hulldown ability that my IS-7 can't pen. (The area around the gun)

DEPUTY COMMANDER OF "UQ HOLDER!" ||| AUSTRALIA 

 

If you have any concerns regarding the game or reports of AFK players, send a PM with uncensored evidence and it'll be passed on. :)

 


CALVINJJ #11 Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:54 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 13929 battles
  • 2,603
  • Member since:
    09-23-2014

View Postanthonylei01, on 14 January 2016 - 07:12 PM, said:

 

this TD is fun, but only managed a 50% WR so far with this TD..... and my Tiger 2 is around 58%

 

I often stay at the back of the pack as JP2 doesn't have much armor to speak off and only good if your team mates let you..... I guess I need platoon a bit more with a heavy or medium in this thing~~~ 

 

the lack of gun depression and poor camo rating are the biggest issue

 

 

It still have some minimum armor to do stuff, so it doesn't really need to plat to get high wr

it's speed also allows flanking


Anger and emotion are strategically counterproductive. You must always stay calm and objective. -Robert Greene,the 48 laws of power-

 


Artisto81 #12 Posted 14 January 2016 - 02:11 PM

    Captain

  • Moderator
  • 8231 battles
  • 2,104
  • Member since:
    07-19-2014
Thread moved to appropriate section.

"In Russia, they say I'm a Pole, in Poland they call me Russian".

“The German army is a machine, and machines can be broken!”— Konstantin Rokossovsky

 


anthonylei01 #13 Posted 14 January 2016 - 02:28 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 16181 battles
  • 1,484
  • [YOYO_]
  • Member since:
    09-27-2015

View PostClanBassadoR, on 14 January 2016 - 07:46 PM, said:

I'd call this OP with the 10,5 gun.... A good player can easily carry a match, with good hulldown ability that my IS-7 can't pen. (The area around the gun)

 

IS-7 can pen the superstructure.... with APCR.... I would do the same as well, I ammo racked an Jtiger from the front using APCR.....

 

so hull down is possible but need to be done with care. 

 

View PostCALVINJJ, on 14 January 2016 - 07:54 PM, said:

 

It still have some minimum armor to do stuff, so it doesn't really need to plat to get high wr

it's speed also allows flanking

 

one question, I do flank with this tank, but during the reload time, other got hit by return shots. How do you avoid that?



CALVINJJ #14 Posted 14 January 2016 - 02:42 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 13929 battles
  • 2,603
  • Member since:
    09-23-2014

View Postanthonylei01, on 14 January 2016 - 10:28 PM, said:

one question, I do flank with this tank, but during the reload time, other got hit by return shots. How do you avoid that?

 

Pretty obvious that you unable to flank nicely, if you able to flank nicely they should have difficulty to turn their turret to take shot on you

In the case of 'fail flank', try hull down/side scrap to increase the chances of bouncing

(if enemy is not really close to you, back into cover and run outside their shooting sight)

 

If enemy mediums(this part only against those medium that pretty close to you), you can try this skills

But this is definitely not gonna to works against good pen gun,

it shows extremely well angle side armor and disallow enemy to take shot at your front armor


Anger and emotion are strategically counterproductive. You must always stay calm and objective. -Robert Greene,the 48 laws of power-

 


anthonylei01 #15 Posted 14 January 2016 - 03:12 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 16181 battles
  • 1,484
  • [YOYO_]
  • Member since:
    09-27-2015

View PostCALVINJJ, on 14 January 2016 - 10:42 PM, said:

 

Pretty obvious that you unable to flank nicely, if you able to flank nicely they should have difficulty to turn their turret to take shot on you

In the case of 'fail flank', try hull down/side scrap to increase the chances of bouncing

(if enemy is not really close to you, back into cover and run outside their shooting sight)

 

If enemy mediums(this part only against those medium that pretty close to you), you can try this skills

But this is definitely not gonna to works against good pen gun,

it shows extremely well angle side armor and disallow enemy to take shot at your front armor

 

I was referring to flank with JP2.... not turreted tanks / TD.. 

 

to make an effective shot with JP2. in city map, it is pretty difficult not to show your tank, and I often got hit by return shots if the reds can turn their turret fast enough



CALVINJJ #16 Posted 14 January 2016 - 03:16 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 13929 battles
  • 2,603
  • Member since:
    09-23-2014

View Postanthonylei01, on 14 January 2016 - 11:12 PM, said:

 

I was referring to flank with JP2.... not turreted tanks / TD.. 

 

to make an effective shot with JP2. in city map, it is pretty difficult not to show your tank, and I often got hit by return shots if the reds can turn their turret fast enough

 

I did mean Jpanther 2 btw.....

What's make you thinks I mean other tank?....


Anger and emotion are strategically counterproductive. You must always stay calm and objective. -Robert Greene,the 48 laws of power-

 


anthonylei01 #17 Posted 14 January 2016 - 03:32 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 16181 battles
  • 1,484
  • [YOYO_]
  • Member since:
    09-27-2015

View PostCALVINJJ, on 14 January 2016 - 11:16 PM, said:

 

I did mean Jpanther 2 btw.....

What's make you thinks I mean other tank?....

 

I am imaging the flanking move in port maps....

 

tier 10 games, both team moved into the river side..... including me, and I could not find effective shot as both sides were hull down

 

so I decided flanking (alone) is the best thing to do..... and moved away from the river side into the city..... took the shortest route and put shots into tier 9 or 10 heavies.... but that often resulted in getting hit by return fire..... hence resulted in low damage ratio



CALVINJJ #18 Posted 14 January 2016 - 03:36 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 13929 battles
  • 2,603
  • Member since:
    09-23-2014

View Postanthonylei01, on 14 January 2016 - 11:32 PM, said:

 

I am imaging the flanking move in port maps....

 

tier 10 games, both team moved into the river side..... including me, and I could not find effective shot as both sides were hull down

 

so I decided flanking (alone) is the best thing to do..... and moved away from the river side into the city..... took the shortest route and put shots into tier 9 or 10 heavies.... but that often resulted in getting hit by return fire..... hence resulted in low damage ratio

 

because in port even normal medium tanks don't flank,

they just take the opposite side which provides hull down spot and able to take shot on enemy's side

Move into town then go to the river(enemy's back) will only works if all enemy dced/super noobicum


Edited by CALVINJJ, 14 January 2016 - 03:36 PM.

Anger and emotion are strategically counterproductive. You must always stay calm and objective. -Robert Greene,the 48 laws of power-

 


star_sword2000 #19 Posted 15 January 2016 - 03:22 AM

    Sergeant

  • Member
  • 12446 battles
  • 124
  • [AUSIE]
  • Member since:
    07-22-2014

first of all- thanks guys for all your help. Ive been trying. my biggest credit loser is the camo- 4500 credits. and if i dont mount camo, i lose a competitive edge.

the 105mm i think is better due to better HE performance (i like tracking stuff for my tier 9/10 TDs so they can hit better.). i'm 44/63k for the 128mm. happy to take more opinions. :)


 

World of Tanks Generals Beta Tester, World of Warships Closed Beta tester, Heliborne Closed Alpha Tester. 

Leader of SH4FT, professor of committee of SHAFT. 

 
Current lines: German TD(s) (Jagtiger, St. Emil) German Light (ru251) German medium (halted for now) Soviet Heavy (IS3) British Mediums (Halted for now)
 

Mel1337 #20 Posted 15 January 2016 - 03:40 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 11240 battles
  • 673
  • [VEST]
  • Member since:
    10-31-2014

Without the 128mm you're alot less dangerous imo , you dont have the alpha nor penetration to deal with tier 9 and above with ease , which is the entire point of playing tank destroyers , you're the "big gun" of the team , if your gun is not threatening in any way , it's going to suck . that's why you also lose credits alot because with the stock gun you need to shoot more apcr with less chance of penetrating compared to firing APCR from the top 128mm which had 310mm of pen , which basically guarantees penetration if you hit anything flat , scoring credits for the damage done and cover the ammunition cost instead of bouncing , scores no credit and slapped with the full ammunition cost

 

I'd go with 105mm , you need the alpha since at that tier , exposing for prolonged period is bad if you dont have the armor to bounce   especially since JP II hull isn't going to bounce much


Edited by Mel1337, 15 January 2016 - 03:43 AM.






Also tagged with tank destroyers, germany

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users