Should I get Super Pershing?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Tank_Guy #1 Posted 02 October 2014 - 05:37 AM

Sergeant

• 834 battles
Not sure wether to get Super Pershing from premium store when it comes out. Should I?

"We will fight on the beaches"

-Winston Churchill

ShirouRabbit #2 Posted 02 October 2014 - 06:05 AM

Sergeant

• 22569 battles
  • [1ST]
That very much depends on your preferred play style...
The Super Pershing is a support tank, it has average penetration and damage for it's tier, but it doesn't have the speed to get around the enemy and hit weak spots very well.  It's well armoured on the front of the hull, and the spaced armour helps against HEAT, but not really anywhere else.

It works best in the second-line of the offensive, taking advantage of it's good gun handling to move up, hit a weak spot, and then pull back while relying on it's heavy armour for a Tier 8 medium to minimise damage taken.
As top tier, it can be used as a poor man's heavy, hanging just back from the real heavies and hitting weak spots, lower tier heavies and keeping the medium's off the other's backs, though the slow turret traverse hurts when aiming at mediums.

Tank_Guy #3 Posted 02 October 2014 - 06:23 AM

Sergeant

• 834 battles
Sounds like my kind of tank!

-Winston Churchill

ShirouRabbit #4 Posted 02 October 2014 - 06:32 AM

Sergeant

• 22569 battles
  • [1ST]

There are just two downsides unique to the tank which might cause frustration.

Not enough engine, so climbing hills is a chore, and it can take a while to get in to position.

Slow turret traverse for a medium, more like a heavy, so you need to have the turret pointed the right way well before you need it there, and don't get circled.

The frustration it shares with the normal Pershing is the weak armour on the turret and everywhere else, which is mitigated by the add-on heavy front hull armour of the Super Pershing.  Hull down doesn't work for this tank, unless you are using it like a jack-in-the-box, up, shoot, down and reload.  If you are hit anywhere except your glacis, you will be penned.

If you can live with those, then you're probably going to be happy.

Tank_Guy #5 Posted 02 October 2014 - 06:35 AM

Sergeant

• 834 battles
OK , thanks for that and yeah I can live with that

-Winston Churchill

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users