I got vacant slots, what to fill them with

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

P0rcH #1 Posted 01 October 2014 - 03:17 AM

Sergeant

• 9391 battles

So I  paid up some cash to by gold and now have 9 vacant spots in my garage,

after the update I plan to get some British steel and I know I want to go kv. So I guess the question is what American to chase,, oh yeah I have already gone td on German line?..

This is my tank. There are many like it but this one is mine. My tank is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my tank is useless. Without my tank I am useless. I must drive my tank true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy, who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will. Before God I swear this creed: my tank and myself are defenders of my country, we are the masters of my enemy, we are the saviors of my life. So be it, until there is no enemy, but peace. Amen.

M8Tricks #2 Posted 01 October 2014 - 05:39 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 7593 battles

I have decided to keep every tank that I have a win rate in that is over 60%

Before I empty the garage of tanks that are below 50% though (cause I used to rush grind just to get higher tanks and never worried about win rate) - I'll get my weaker tanks in the garage all to over 50%.

Then I'll play each of my 60% plus tanks and use them as free exp grinders when I want a change.

WoT Blitz - :Legend of BBIC

But if two tier IX flank - its all over - I'm gonna sit at home and flank while watching pron - and the best flanking shoes? Someone else's Nikes obviously

If you see Tricks and Dix in a plat, just adopt a BBIC playstyle, you can't win - leave your shoes next to your tank, we'll collect them after the game.

Despreaux #3 Posted 01 October 2014 - 05:51 AM

Captain

• 9998 battles
The road to the jpz E100 is hard at first to many players however once it reaches tier 7 german TD, it will feel a lot better at that point. However if you already have german heavies to tier 9, you can unlock most of the german TDs engine and have no trouble with manueverability on the TDs

"Right or wrong, evil or good, but they still fight, without second thoughts they march up to the enemy, they dont hope to go home tommorow, their families are now their war brothers, every bullet they shoot, every lives they taken, every blood they spilt, did they give up? They'll never give up, for their flag they will fight, even if it means dying at cost, rather than die in vain, they'll fight for whats theirs, until the last blood drop, they are the soldiers of war" -war-

P0rcH #4 Posted 01 October 2014 - 06:20 AM

Sergeant

• 9391 battles
I'm up to the ferd in the German td line and lovin it now that it I got it prem, also got mastery on my Stug (stoked with that) but want to go with some thing faster and thought the USA Med might be fu. But from what I have been reading there is a lot of hate on the USA line

This is my tank. There are many like it but this one is mine. My tank is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my tank is useless. Without my tank I am useless. I must drive my tank true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy, who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will. Before God I swear this creed: my tank and myself are defenders of my country, we are the masters of my enemy, we are the saviors of my life. So be it, until there is no enemy, but peace. Amen.

Despreaux #5 Posted 01 October 2014 - 06:25 AM

Captain

• 9998 battles

The US line isnt bad, it demands its own set of playstyles. However these are hard to rule out to some. Ive been seeing too much brawling M48 pattons fighting with T-62As or T-54s which the players of thise tank are skilled and also those two was born to hunt down other mediums. So not long after the M48 charged, he died in 30 seconds. Then he started to blame everyone for not helping butisnt it oobvious that the heavies couldnt get there in time and the other meds would rate that as suicide? The M48 should be played carefully as it is a flanker at start and a brawler in the last stages of the game where he just need to mop the e

last enemies

"Right or wrong, evil or good, but they still fight, without second thoughts they march up to the enemy, they dont hope to go home tommorow, their families are now their war brothers, every bullet they shoot, every lives they taken, every blood they spilt, did they give up? They'll never give up, for their flag they will fight, even if it means dying at cost, rather than die in vain, they'll fight for whats theirs, until the last blood drop, they are the soldiers of war" -war-

P0rcH #6 Posted 01 October 2014 - 07:03 AM

Sergeant

• 9391 battles
I gotta say when in in my ferd and I get  med in my sights and he's side on I get a bit excited,, I know I got a good chance of hitting the ammo rack or the fuel cell

M8Tricks #7 Posted 01 October 2014 - 07:14 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 7593 battles

View Postreventer, on 01 October 2014 - 02:25 PM, said:

The US line isnt bad, it demands its own set of playstyles. However these are hard to rule out to some. Ive been seeing too much brawling M48 pattons fighting with T-62As or T-54s which the players of thise tank are skilled and also those two was born to hunt down other mediums. So not long after the M48 charged, he died in 30 seconds. Then he started to blame everyone for not helping butisnt it oobvious that the heavies couldnt get there in time and the other meds would rate that as suicide? The M48 should be played carefully as it is a flanker at start and a brawler in the last stages of the game where he just need to mop the e

last enemies

The US line does have some unique skills. They have been called the most 'fun' line to play, and I agree.

It is very possible to carry the team to a win, but you need to be smarter than in most other tanks. 

They will let you test strategies, and they will punish you severely when those strategies don't pay off.

You need to play more support than in the russian mediums, yolo means death if you're alone in a Patton.

But I wouldnt say that the patton is weaker than the 54 - I have smashed a lot of russian mediums in my big pattons, and with a good platoon partner, track/smash track/smash can destroy peoples days quickly. I love smashing russians in my 46, load gold in its top tier gun, forget about the armour difference, and just wreck it. Even face to face agsinst an IS8. If you stand face to face with it and trade shots, the higher dpm on the 46 patton brings it out ahead. And it is more than enough to ruin the day of a stray heavy with no support.

The 62a is a different story, its high reload speed and extremely high DPM makes it hard to kill. But it has to hit me first, and the Patton lets you hit tanks from places on the map that the 62a wouldn't be able to think about, if you get higher than it, or its on the side of a slope and youre a bit lower, you can take advantage of its poor gun depression. But face to face, forget about it - its high dpm, combined with excellent turret armour mean it is very likely to end your game.

And that example that reventer gave... it is common in drivers of the US line of mediums. It is very easy to suicide in an american medium. A slower tank is self limiting. If you suffer from a tendency to give in to temptation, the Patton will let you make mistakes very quickly and it is unforgiving. You need to have more patience than I really have to make a Patton work properly. Its so much fun to get into skirmishes that in the wrong hands you can end up in unwinnable situations very easily. 

But it is a very rewarding tank when you get a good team to support. And no matter which line you choose, you will have fun with some and not with others

One thing to note about the hate for the pattons though... I havent seen many people rage hate about their tanks on the game in general, but I have seen a couple hate their pattons.

Last night I was running the M48 48 and the opposite team had a guy with an M48 as well. He was up front really early on, so of course he got roflstomped right off the bat, and then was like that guy that you see on movies - the one that loses his temper and kicks his car when it breaks down. He asked me if I hated my tank - and he went silent when I said no i really liked it. But I'm not one of the good drivers. I need to get a lot more practice that's for sure! I*'m not consistent enough, I have had some lucky games, but I've been spanked more often since I got it.

But if two tier IX flank - its all over - I'm gonna sit at home and flank while watching pron - and the best flanking shoes? Someone else's Nikes obviously

If you see Tricks and Dix in a plat, just adopt a BBIC playstyle, you can't win - leave your shoes next to your tank, we'll collect them after the game.

M8Tricks #8 Posted 01 October 2014 - 07:24 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 7593 battles

View PostP0rcH, on 01 October 2014 - 03:03 PM, said:

I gotta say when in in my ferd and I get  med in my sights and he's side on I get a bit excited,, I know I got a good chance of hitting the ammo rack or the fuel cell

When I see a ferd or any other turretless tank in my medium and I haven't been stupid, it usually means an easy meal and some score padding - when I have been stupid and end up in front, then it can be sad days.

I picture the side of a ferd like a thin tin wall and it makes me feel like a trouble maker in the street - banging on it loudly and scaring the poor family inside - like this pic 

Flanders

Except that in that pic, the police will come and tell the trouble makers to move along, When I am sitting behind a tracked Ferd, all it can do is go to its happy place and hope it all ends fast.

P0rcH #9 Posted 01 October 2014 - 08:00 AM

Sergeant

• 9391 battles
Yeah been on that side of the beat down to m8Tricks, I do love the damage the the t2 lays down with the He she'll insane damage for such a small tank and they are fun to play in

Despreaux #10 Posted 01 October 2014 - 08:06 AM

Captain

• 9998 battles

I have my strategies on wrecking the daylight out of pattons. Say I am a T-62A, found a patton which is trying to go on the main hill. What I would do is:

-Get a semi hulldown spot and show the almost invincible turret and ruin his much thinner and less sloped turret. 

-Brawl him down while making use of the good height and mobility to deceive him to shooting strong points

- lure him to allied TD fire

-team up with a allied medium 

-shoot his tracks and make use of the good RoF and circle

-execute a baiting move (bait hull back and forth until he shoots it)

-keep him busy till help comes

-false scrape at him so he misses a shoot to the side and return fire

-etc. 

Depends on the situation, I would make use of all his mistakes as a mediun tank and take advantage over him

Despreaux #11 Posted 01 October 2014 - 08:08 AM

Captain

• 9998 battles

And worse if it is facing maneuverable HTs like a T110E played by a smart and good player

M8Tricks #12 Posted 01 October 2014 - 09:23 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 7593 battles

View Postreventer, on 01 October 2014 - 04:06 PM, said:

I have my strategies on wrecking the daylight out of pattons. Say I am a T-62A, found a patton (if I'm driving well I should be the one who 'finds' you - if i get 'found' then I'm the sheep not the wolf) which is trying to go on the main hill. What I would do is:

-Get a semi hulldown spot and show the almost invincible turret and ruin his much thinner and less sloped turret.  - I've used that tactic as well with my 54, I know a Patton cant win in that fight so I would never go head to head with a hull down tank in my Patton. Instead, if I find any tank hull down, I wait until they are distracted or bored. If distracted, I pen their turret from a weaker side (the back of the turret if a team mate is drawing them that way.

-Brawl him down while making use of the good height and mobility to deceive him to shooting strong points. If i get close to the same object that gives you height, you will need to climb the ridge to get me, my superior depression lets me take advantage of that tactic more than a 62a. I would never shoot a 62a in the turret, always wait until their hull is exposed and aim for that from a good angle.

- lure him to allied TD fire - any medium that goes yolo and chases a 'weakened' opponent will sleep the long sleep - this happens to me too much haha

-team up with a allied medium - or two mediums for an unbeatable wolfpack

-shoot his tracks and make use of the good RoF and circle - take turns tracking it, then spilt its fire and the enemy will be dead in no time

-execute a baiting move (bait hull back and forth until he shoots it) - Wait until you get bored of dancing, and come right out, or wait until the right moment.

-keep him busy till help comes - same as the one before. Always watch the map, if there is someone missing, assume they are coming your way.

-false scrape at him so he misses a shoot to the side and return fire - pattons rarely miss unless they are a long way away.

-etc. 

Depends on the situation, I would make use of all his mistakes as a mediun tank and take advantage over him

But I wouldn't choose to go head to head with a 62a. There are much better targets that benefit the Patton's strengths, like:

• the ones that don't know you're there yet.
  • the ones that know you're there, but don't know that your TDs know they are there.
  • targets that are distracted by your friends already.
  • targets that are 'one shot' ready

Col_Abrams #13 Posted 01 October 2014 - 01:05 PM

First Lieutenant

• 1753 battles
Get the Fast & Furious pack...mayhem in those zippy little racers!
"They've got us surrounded again, the poor bastards..."
   Colonel Creighton W Abrams

Despreaux #14 Posted 02 October 2014 - 12:04 AM

Captain

• 9998 battles
Dont get me wrong a skillful T-62A player can slam the life put of a patton. It really comes to skill in the ends eitherway. Especially the fact that skilled T-62A drivers would time their act 

Despreaux #15 Posted 02 October 2014 - 12:23 AM

Captain

• 9998 battles

Your statements:

1. A T-62A will surely take cover to hide from M48 radar and know well that he cant just rush in

2. Even if you know not toengage one like that, you cant just forsee that he is already there semi hulldown in front of you then he will unload 2 rounds at you while you may not fire back to his turret

3.a good T-62a driver knows all to well to not give any opportunities to the M48 to hit his hull and focus the pattons shpot to shoot elsewhere. Also doing a mind game which mentally challenges a M48 to be in a confused state

4. This tactic is a last reserve for a damaged T-62A. He will only do this when he is damaged. Plus you may not find a camping TD without scouts so if you were to chase him aTD will shoot you and take out most of your HP and the T-62 will most likely take up a good position to counter attack

5. Like a snake he wont come out till you make a move and if he does manage to stop baiting he will try more grewsome strategies also by that time if his team is winning you know you must either go to him and fight or run to save the team. Its all classic

6. Need scouts to find out where they move duh. And most likely why would someone far away and is detected would change his mind and risk going in. Most likely a near by friendly will come to help by being as concealed as possible

7.have you not read what I say? I said false scrape which means he will trick scrape you and when you shoot him he would have already hid his hull behind cover and return fire. This is most predicted by the pattons move for starters

M8Tricks #16 Posted 02 October 2014 - 12:31 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 7593 battles

View PostCol_Abrams, on 01 October 2014 - 09:05 PM, said:

Get the Fast & Furious pack...mayhem in those zippy little racers!

The light pack comes with its own slots - you can have that and still have slots for something else ;-)

Tank_Guy #17 Posted 02 October 2014 - 02:17 AM

Sergeant

• 834 battles
Well you can use them for the new Russian line for 1.3 

"We will fight on the beaches"

-Winston Churchill

M8Tricks #18 Posted 02 October 2014 - 02:24 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 7593 battles

View Postreventer, on 02 October 2014 - 08:04 AM, said:

Dont get me wrong a skillful T-62A player can slam the life put of a patton. It really comes to skill in the ends eitherway. Especially the fact that skilled T-62A drivers would time their act 

Any skilled driver can slam another less skilled driver - end of story.

I've killed multiple 62as in both of my Pattons - in fact the last tank I killed in my Patton was a 62a - it was killing an Object that had advanced past where we could safely cover its rear (I killed the 62 right before I got slammed by a TD up on the hill in the desert - I then rage-sold both of my Pattons because I'm personally am not skilled enough to make my Patton work consistently - I can't prop up a failing team the way I could in my IS8 or M103) - that and I had my sleep-deprived angry pants on. The Pattons defn need a major buff (or I need a major buff) because at the moment they cannot go head to head with any same-tier tank. The only thing I am really going to miss about the Patton is that gun. It is easier to aim while on the move than any tank I've driven, its like butter - allows you to aim accurately much faster than the wobbly gun of the 54.

View Postreventer, on 02 October 2014 - 08:23 AM, said:

Your statements:

1. A T-62A will surely take cover to hide from M48 radar and know well that he cant just rush in

2. Even if you know not toengage one like that, you cant just forsee that he is already there semi hulldown in front of you then he will unload 2 rounds at you while you may not fire back to his turret

3.a good T-62a driver knows all to well to not give any opportunities to the M48 to hit his hull and focus the pattons shpot to shoot elsewhere. Also doing a mind game which mentally challenges a M48 to be in a confused state

4. This tactic is a last reserve for a damaged T-62A. He will only do this when he is damaged. Plus you may not find a camping TD without scouts so if you were to chase him aTD will shoot you and take out most of your HP and the T-62 will most likely take up a good position to counter attack

5. Like a snake he wont come out till you make a move and if he does manage to stop baiting he will try more grewsome strategies also by that time if his team is winning you know you must either go to him and fight or run to save the team. Its all classic

6. Need scouts to find out where they move duh. And most likely why would someone far away and is detected would change his mind and risk going in. Most likely a near by friendly will come to help by being as concealed as possible

7.have you not read what I say? I said false scrape which means he will trick scrape you and when you shoot him he would have already hid his hull behind cover and return fire. This is most predicted by the pattons move for starters

1. All good drivers will not rush in. That is not a feature of 62 drivers more than any other drivers. Good drivers in any tank will not expose themselves.

2. Again, this tactic depends on being a good driver. 

• It relies on being familiar with maps, and not letting yourself get surprised. A Patton surprised is a Patton that dies.
  • A Patton shouldn't be up front opening new lines, its just not what the tank is good at.
  • All good drivers should know the hulldown spots on any map and they should approach them cautiously
  • Approach them from an angle that is not conventional, one that makes better use of terrain as cover - popping over rises from the side, just enough to light up concealed targets (or avoid the areas entirely if you don't have good support).
  • A Patton cannot win a hull-down battle with any other tank unless it is a tank that has a lower DPM, and even then the Patton has to absorb that first shot, nullify the hull down advantage of the other tank by moving in, and then drain its opponents HP with consecutive penning shots - its just not a good strategy unless the opponent is holding a key tactical point (like the hill on mines or less is the bridge on riverside), as you are sure to lose a lot of HP.  
  • A good 62a or Patton driver should go from over to cover, using ridges (and hull down spots for the 62a) always when moving, only leaving cover when a tank gets too close, or when it knows the enemy has just fired and move while it reloads.

3. I'm confused by your words here.

• You can't force me into shooting at your strongest armour, if I'm stupid I'll shoot your turret, but not otherwise, against any tank you should only fire when you have a likely pen.
  • If you fire when you wont pen, you are left defenceless while you reload and you give your opponent a 'free shot'. 
  • Against the 62a I will only shoot if I see your hull, or the back of your turret on the right hand side to ammo rack you. (agsinat a slower opponent like an E100 or an E75 I will take pot shots as I know I will be reloaded by the time they get to me, its better to have two attempts at pen, than one sure pen.
  • The only time I would shoot your turret when you are hull down is maybe with a HE shell, and I would only shoot then because I know you will see a red flash, if you dont realise it was a red flash with only 50HP damage, then this can make you question the strength of your position and make you wonder how you git hit (even if it is a very good position that doesn't give a clear shot your hull from anywhere). A driver that questions their strong position is more likely to move from it - and as they leave it they may be exposed to a team mate's shot to your hull. Or at very least they will soften the security of your position and maybe open a flank a little more

4. Chasing any crippled opponent and putting yourself into an exposed place is always a gamble.

• You might one-shot them, and remove a gun from the game, strategically that can be very useful to a team. But if you run in front of an jpzE100 you may never get the chance to take the shot, and you have just taken yourself out of the game and hurt your team's chances of winning.
  • To counter this, you need to watch the list of opponents to make sure you know what opponents are in play.
  • If an opponent is fleeing towards a TD (an E100jpz  and you aren't sure where that TD, then let em run.
  • If you know you can chase for a while before you're at risk, then chase, put another round into em, then go back to cover

5. Same strategy for a Patton.

• Keep in cover, hitting targets as often as possible.
  • Dont be kept out of the fight if there is only one opponent holding a choke point and you have two allies with you that are being taken out of the fight by one camping 62A.
  • If you know you can trust your team mates, then rush him, track him. and help your team mates finish him.
  • But in public games its a gamble, you know the clock is ticking, you know there are three of you while your other team is 6 vs 4 so you know you need to just get to the real fight. But if your team mates don't move with you then you go yolo and the 62a's greater DPM ruins you for no benefit to your team.
  • A 62a can push in this situation due to superior DPM. A Patton exposes its soft underbelly by leaving cover first, and is less capable of surviving without considerable HP loss.

6. As a more mobile Patton or 62a - you are the scout.

• It doesn't mean that the 62a is going to get support, and if your minimap shows 6 opponents on the other side of the map all lit up, and held up at a pinch point by your team mates, then enjoy your one on one fight - if a Patton can get an unanswered shot in, and then reload, its all over for the 62, the Patton can rush it and out DPM it.
  • If you never saw where that other 54 went, or that IS8 (or any other mobile source of hurt) then you better know that they are coming your way to kill the soft Patton.
  • And you can rarely rely on your team mates seeing them for you in Pub games, as a Patton, if you're alone and can't see the enemy, you're a dead tenk waiting to happen.

7. I'm not sure what you mean by 'false scrape.'

• Do you mean 'track bait'?
  • Or do you mean reverse to look like you're going to try to scrape , then returning to cover quickly before you get there in the hope that the Patton tries for a luck shot? I'd be aiming for your drive wheel if you did that, damage plus immobilisation = pain.
  • Its much easier in a Patton than with most other tanks because its nice smooth gun and good gun depression give it opportunities that many other tanks in the game just don't have.

P0rcH #19 Posted 02 October 2014 - 08:15 AM

Sergeant

• 9391 battles
Thanks for the help guys, loving the american meds, and I found a good rule to follow, drive like those who kill you, when I come up against a good driver in a med in my tds, I watch how hey drive then add those tatics to my bag of tricks

M8Tricks #20 Posted 02 October 2014 - 05:33 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 7593 battles

View PostP0rcH, on 02 October 2014 - 04:15 PM, said:

Thanks for the help guys, loving the american meds, and I found a good rule to follow, drive like those who kill you, when I come up against a good driver in a med in my tds, I watch how hey drive then add those tatics to my bag of tricks

I did that too - so I bought a 62a and so far it seems a lot easier! haha

Having that turret makes this tank so much more fun - but I do miss the gun depressoin, getting above an enemy then not being able to shoot down at them can be frustrating - not as frustrating as being unable to hide a giant soft tank behind terrain though!

Edited by M8Tricks, 02 October 2014 - 05:34 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users