Costs justifications

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

RoneMok #1 Posted 30 September 2014 - 01:51 PM

Captain

• 23077 battles
  • [LORDS]

I find that HE shells are useless compared to AP shells. Any justifications for it to remain in the game other than the cost? I cause 10-20 HE damage compared to 180-220 AP on the same tank, I have tried many times in many games. 

I find that the XP required to "upgrade" a turret, tracks etc is not matching to the hardware acquired. Sometimes, there seems to be a "downgrade" instead. I wouldnt be silly to "upgrade" to another hardware unless it is the route to another upper tier tank. So why dont the two hardwares interchange? Many hardwares are left untouched this way, especially if the required XP is very much.

regards,

Rone Mok

e4gl3eye #2 Posted 30 September 2014 - 02:42 PM

Sergeant

• 4804 battles

HE is useful to reset cap (as they 90% of the time does damage, no matter how small, which is all that is needed to reset) and to shoot at "impenetrable" tanks during standoff (happen quite often in high tier games) while using high velocity guns. However, there are some vehicles that can be equipped by howitzers and thrive on HE (T-18, T-82, Hetzer, M4, SU-152 to name a few). To see how effective HE is, look no further than T-18 Tier II American TD (It's low enough in tier for you to experiment without spending a lot of money). Equip the Howitzer, and revel at how you 1 or 2 shots the rest of the field while taking minimal damage. Same principle with the SU-152 tier 7. Terrible tank by all standard except... the 152mm, 480-800 dmg HE cannon means every hit is almost guaranteed a minimum of 300 damage, with penetration killing everything low, or even some same tier tanks in 1 hit. That means even tier 9 fear it.

AFAIK there is only 1 engine that is a "sidegrade", I forgot which tank, but never a downgrade. There are benefits from the upgraded modules, but since you most likely acquire them when your crew is not 100%, the benefit does not seem significant. They are significant though, try installing the old modules back with 100% crew and you will immediately see the difference. Anyway, there are also "soft" stats that are not shown in game. For example, T20 2nd track gives no hard stat benefit at all, but it does upgrade your track HP and ground resistance (which are soft stats), making it more resistant to tracking and accelerate much better on soft ground. So they are "real" upgrades, just not shown in the stat page. Rule of thumb is upgraded hardware is ALWAYS better, EXCEPT weapons. For weapons, you have to see if the "upgraded" ones are actually better. For example, IS-152 is better off with the stock gun.

I personally elited (fully research) all the tanks I bought, because I usually do not plan on rebuying them when I sell them, so I might as well make sure they are "finished". You (the person playing the game) gain more experience as you play, there is no need to rush at all, elite-ing every tank means you are better prepared for the next tier.

Edited by e4gl3eye, 30 September 2014 - 02:47 PM.

bushka #3 Posted 30 September 2014 - 10:00 PM

Captain

• Video Contributor
  • 30226 battles
  • [SURLY]
That's great info mate thnx very much

WITH ONE MILLION VIEWS ON CHANNEL, 140+ VIDEOS AND WEEKLY LIVE STREAMS

CHECK IT OUT YOU WOMBATS

Despreaux #4 Posted 30 September 2014 - 11:26 PM

Captain

• 9998 battles
The SU-152 isnt as terrible as it is. Its quite maneuverable when fully upgraded and it can deal outstanding hurt with its 152mm even to tier 10s (ive done 430 damage to a E100 when I shoot HE to his lower glacis). This tank when on tier 7 battles is a very gruesome tank destroyer which can sweep the whole enemy clean very oftenly. Also on of the tanks any tier 7 players wants to face against if its at fhe top of the tier

"Right or wrong, evil or good, but they still fight, without second thoughts they march up to the enemy, they dont hope to go home tommorow, their families are now their war brothers, every bullet they shoot, every lives they taken, every blood they spilt, did they give up? They'll never give up, for their flag they will fight, even if it means dying at cost, rather than die in vain, they'll fight for whats theirs, until the last blood drop, they are the soldiers of war" -war-

e4gl3eye #5 Posted 01 October 2014 - 04:40 AM

Sergeant

• 4804 battles

View Postreventer, on 01 October 2014 - 06:26 AM, said:

The SU-152 isnt as terrible as it is. Its quite maneuverable when fully upgraded and it can deal outstanding hurt with its 152mm even to tier 10s (ive done 430 damage to a E100 when I shoot HE to his lower glacis). This tank when on tier 7 battles is a very gruesome tank destroyer which can sweep the whole enemy clean very oftenly. Also on of the tanks any tier 7 players wants to face against if its at fhe top of the tier

Let's remove that 152mm, you're now left with nothing. The KV-1S and IS are a much better platform for D-2-5T and its derivatives.

Despreaux #6 Posted 01 October 2014 - 06:15 AM

Captain

• 9998 battles

If it is to be removed it will be underpowered, it may even qualify as a tier 6. Its 122mm are very fast firing in the cost of penetration.  So most people use the 152mm. A SU-152 122mm can pummel most tier 7 tanks to the cosre with the DPM however relies very harshly on APCR for tier 8 to 9 targets. Its primarily a sniper tank and uses all occasions of attack and penetration.  If you take this tank for granted, say you are a E75 and choose to ignore a SU-152 while you are showing your sides on a zero agle to him while facing a enemy. The su is hidden so you will not be able to retun fire efeffectively. Turns out in one minute your tank is gone especially if he decides to shoot your main road wheels which tracks you and do damage. Thats life with the 122mm and it differs to the 152mm. You can never judge a tank untill you actually felt full strength and weaknesses of it

"Right or wrong, evil or good, but they still fight, without second thoughts they march up to the enemy, they dont hope to go home tommorow, their families are now their war brothers, every bullet they shoot, every lives they taken, every blood they spilt, did they give up? They'll never give up, for their flag they will fight, even if it means dying at cost, rather than die in vain, they'll fight for whats theirs, until the last blood drop, they are the soldiers of war" -war-

Despreaux #7 Posted 01 October 2014 - 06:18 AM

Captain

• 9998 battles

Also its a russian TD meaning like most russian TDs its made to snipe unlike its american and german TDs. These russian TDs have very powerful guns however lack armors. The heavies like the KV-1s and IS differs as a platform for obvious reasons. The SU really prepares you for incoming russian TDs as even the Obj 268 is easily penetrated when cought

e4gl3eye #8 Posted 01 October 2014 - 02:25 PM

Sergeant

• 4804 battles

Which is my point. 152mm make the SU-152. You strip that, even the "better" (by the game's research tree) 122mm cannon can not save it from sliding down the usefulness ranking.

Don't get me wrong, I got the SU-152, and I quite like it, and fully upgraded and 100% crewed it is acceptable (and I did surprise some circle strafer medium by rotating quite speedily), but only as long that derp is mounted.

Tank_Guy #9 Posted 01 October 2014 - 08:18 PM

Sergeant

• 834 battles

View PostRoneMok, on 30 September 2014 - 01:51 PM, said:

I find that HE shells are useless compared to AP shells. Any justifications for it to remain in the game other than the cost? I cause 10-20 HE damage compared to 180-220 AP on the same tank, I have tried many times in many games. 

I find that the XP required to "upgrade" a turret, tracks etc is not matching to the hardware acquired. Sometimes, there seems to be a "downgrade" instead. I wouldnt be silly to "upgrade" to another hardware unless it is the route to another upper tier tank. So why dont the two hardwares interchange? Many hardwares are left untouched this way, especially if the required XP is very much.

regards,

Rone Mok

HE have low penetration so they work better on your or lower tier tanks and the shells explode on the surface of the tank meaning if they can't penetrate they do a fraction of they're potential damage

"We will fight on the beaches"

-Winston Churchill

Despreaux #10 Posted 01 October 2014 - 11:53 PM

Captain

• 9998 battles
Ive been with the SU my whole life and its persistent what I stated that this tank was made to snipe on its 122mm. You must find decent cover far from main advance if lowest tier and use every opportunity to shoot any high tier tank sides. Its not useless with the 122mm you either learn how to use it or not use the 122. It is a SU-152 and by the name it been and always will have the 152mm.  

RoneMok #11 Posted 02 October 2014 - 06:19 AM

Captain

• 23077 battles
  • [LORDS]
Thanks for detailed info, eagleeye.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users