Got the Triple Crown Today; AFK, Camping Meds, Fail Platoon

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Mehliveat #1 Posted 27 September 2014 - 05:22 AM

Captain

• 18150 battles
  • [DP]

Noticed the Fail Platoon, Tier 3 in a 5 match?  This might be alright before 1.2, but now its just stupidity.

Then the camping medium, are you kidding??

To top it all off, we have an AFK as well....

Haven't played much lately, but all the bad memories is coming back fast.

Edited by Mehliveat, 27 September 2014 - 05:23 AM.

CarvinMarvin #2 Posted 27 September 2014 - 05:30 AM

Captain

• 22631 battles

To be fair to the platoon, it is a tier 4 and 3 platooned together, not a 5 and 3, so unfortunate for the tier 3 but not as bad a going in with a double difference.

Camping mediums is the new black. Didn't you get the memo? Tier 5 mediums aren't allowed to use their engines. It's againts the rules, at least that is how it seems from how more and more are playing.

Jeon_Tank #3 Posted 27 September 2014 - 06:10 AM

Sergeant

• 5865 battles
OME I dont wanna play with such a man

Col_Abrams #4 Posted 27 September 2014 - 06:20 AM

First Lieutenant

• 1753 battles
Love it. Those camped mediums are ALWAYS the first to mash the "defend base" key once the klaxon starts singing...
"They've got us surrounded again, the poor bastards..."
   Colonel Creighton W Abrams

CarvinMarvin #5 Posted 27 September 2014 - 06:52 AM

Captain

• 22631 battles

View PostCol_Abrams, on 27 September 2014 - 04:20 PM, said:

Love it. Those camped mediums are ALWAYS the first to mash the "defend base" key once the klaxon starts singing...

without moving of course. That might mean they will get shot at. Oh, and of course they will hit it every second, because you know they are the only one who knows what is happened. I've decided to answer negative now.

Mehliveat #6 Posted 27 September 2014 - 07:14 AM

Captain

• 18150 battles
  • [DP]

View PostCarvinMarvin, on 27 September 2014 - 04:52 PM, said:

without moving of course. That might mean they will get shot at. Oh, and of course they will hit it every second, because you know they are the only one who knows what is happened. I've decided to answer negative now.

Those mediums probably got camo nets.  You can't move with camo nets.

CarvinMarvin #7 Posted 27 September 2014 - 07:21 AM

Captain

• 22631 battles

View PostMehliveat, on 27 September 2014 - 05:14 PM, said:

Those mediums probably got camo nets.  You can't move with camo nets.

and always make sure they don't leave the garage without them. You know there are probably campers out there who have never played a game because they won't move out of their garage.

Mehliveat #8 Posted 27 September 2014 - 07:24 AM

Captain

• 18150 battles
  • [DP]

View PostCarvinMarvin, on 27 September 2014 - 05:21 PM, said:

and always make sure they don't leave the garage without them. 

Yep, camo and bino are a must for any good mediums.  They must not move an inch after they have climbed the tallest hills, and sit right out in the open.  

Tank_Guy #9 Posted 27 September 2014 - 07:38 AM

Sergeant

• 834 battles
Meduims camping hmmm maybe they can play TDs

"We will fight on the beaches"

-Winston Churchill

SNSDIUJunHao #10 Posted 27 September 2014 - 07:51 AM

Corporal

• 2927 battles
Kids or cowardly ppl playing wot blitz these days

CarvinMarvin #11 Posted 27 September 2014 - 07:54 AM

Captain

• 22631 battles

View PostTank_Guy, on 27 September 2014 - 05:38 PM, said:

Meduims camping hmmm maybe they can play TDs

nah, they might be vaguely useful then. I'm just amazed how many of them are tier 5 that do it. i mean the M4 and T-34 are good tanks very capable of fighting up close. Just not standing still and trading shot for shot. And by camping that is exactly what they set themselves up for. 

tank_killer123 #12 Posted 27 September 2014 - 11:14 AM

First Lieutenant

• 1193 battles
I wouldve camp also  but on very rare occasions where my med is accurate enough and in a great spot.. Not there in Middleburg where you shouldve slugged it out in the frontlines

Stomper of the Randoms. YOLOer of TDs. Master of Sniping. Carrier of the Pubs. Beholder of Luck. Chancellor of Copperfield. Savior of the trustworthy. Lover of the Pros. Commander of No Clan. Ganker of the unaware. Princess of Blitz. Joker of the Just Kiddings. Soldier of the Unicum army. Leader of the Stug Master Race

"ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US!"

Tank_Guy #13 Posted 28 September 2014 - 04:02 AM

Sergeant

• 834 battles

View Posttank_killer123, on 27 September 2014 - 11:14 AM, said:

I wouldve camp also  but on very rare occasions where my med is accurate enough and in a great spot.. Not there in Middleburg where you shouldve slugged it out in the frontlines

I know what you mean and camping to set up an ambush that has been organised is alright as well

"We will fight on the beaches"

-Winston Churchill

Col_Abrams #14 Posted 28 September 2014 - 09:36 AM

First Lieutenant

• 1753 battles
Yep, out of all the maps I find Middleburg (aptly named) usually divides into two distinct and separate meeting engagements; city and hills with others silly enough to get caught in the defilade fire from the heights by not committing to one or other engagement early getting smoked before they can transition. It's a map that I think really rewards the true doctrine/operational roles of the vehicle classes. 
"They've got us surrounded again, the poor bastards..."
   Colonel Creighton W Abrams

Despreaux #15 Posted 28 September 2014 - 11:59 PM

Captain

• 9998 battles
Usually on those two meeting places in middleburg I try a different approach, I gmone flanking on my E75 to find a horde of enemy HTs and TDs who didnt know I was there until I shoot 3 rounds at their rear. After noticing that they were flanked by 1 tank 2 of their tanks try to protect the flank however I killed them both. And then It was left to me and a IS-8 agaisnt a T95. Because that the is-8 refuse to flank I loaded up a special 12.8 cm APCR right for his frontal armor and boom we won. Goes to show making good use to these habbits are also good

"Right or wrong, evil or good, but they still fight, without second thoughts they march up to the enemy, they dont hope to go home tommorow, their families are now their war brothers, every bullet they shoot, every lives they taken, every blood they spilt, did they give up? They'll never give up, for their flag they will fight, even if it means dying at cost, rather than die in vain, they'll fight for whats theirs, until the last blood drop, they are the soldiers of war" -war-

M8Tricks #16 Posted 30 September 2014 - 04:57 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 7593 battles

View Postreventer, on 28 September 2014 - 11:59 PM, said:

Usually on those two meeting places in middleburg I try a different approach, I gmone flanking on my E75 to find a horde of enemy HTs and TDs who didnt know I was there until I shoot 3 rounds at their rear. After noticing that they were flanked by 1 tank 2 of their tanks try to protect the flank however I killed them both. And then It was left to me and a IS-8 agaisnt a T95. Because that the is-8 refuse to flank I loaded up a special 12.8 cm APCR right for his frontal armor and boom we won. Goes to show making good use to these habbits are also good

Flanking heavy works sometimes. But if you're top tier and your bottom tier refuses to follow you high (because they do the same thing every single fight like robots) and then entire enemy team rushes low, you can arrive late to the fight with only half a team 3 vs 7 - that makes your job much harder. Those first few seconds, watching where your team goes. working out where your smartest (strongest) allies are going and going with them (or helping to holding up a weak flank defence), that is where the game is often won or lost

I had a similar win on the weekend. With an AFK tiger in the snow, and a noob platoon who rushed in got squeezed at the low pinch point. the rest of the team attacjed the distracted heavies as they went for the 'easy kill', and then as they rushed in and started shooting the afk tiger we flank-killed the IS8 that was the strongest of the enemy offence and the rest of their team panic-crumbled. Lucky the rest of our team was up to the task of carrying.

If you have a well matched team, one afk can be enough to end your chances. It can be a real surprise to fight through a determined enemy, only to realise that the 4 you are up against was really only 3 because one of them is AFK. That rush slaughter when everyone finds it and rushes to get free damage points... FTW! 

That was where seeing BBIC on the enemy team used to make me smile: 'Hi BBIC! Good to see you!' haha!

WoT Blitz - :Legend of BBIC

But if two tier IX flank - its all over - I'm gonna sit at home and flank while watching pron - and the best flanking shoes? Someone else's Nikes obviously

If you see Tricks and Dix in a plat, just adopt a BBIC playstyle, you can't win - leave your shoes next to your tank, we'll collect them after the game.

Despreaux #17 Posted 30 September 2014 - 05:04 AM

Captain

• 9998 battles
I left the team with a capable is-8, and by my calculations of act and punishment if I gone with main advance I will be doomed by all their tanks and their T95. I dont just go in clueless like a headless chicken and leave the advance for my reasons without proper understanding of the team. I knew the team can hold up till I make a proper blow to confuse the enemy. I was in top tier and if I knew I left them with incapable tier 9s I would have gone to main advance. My predictions and strategy pays out wih flying colors as all my conclusions was realized and gone well to plan. So we won with a 2 vs 1 against that T95. I am suspecting far worse if I was to join advance because their medium tanks will flank the advance but I choose well and delayed their flank permanently as I block their exit route to my team

"Right or wrong, evil or good, but they still fight, without second thoughts they march up to the enemy, they dont hope to go home tommorow, their families are now their war brothers, every bullet they shoot, every lives they taken, every blood they spilt, did they give up? They'll never give up, for their flag they will fight, even if it means dying at cost, rather than die in vain, they'll fight for whats theirs, until the last blood drop, they are the soldiers of war" -war-

M8Tricks #18 Posted 30 September 2014 - 05:32 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 7593 battles

View Postreventer, on 30 September 2014 - 05:04 AM, said:

I am suspecting far worse if I was to join advance because their medium tanks will flank the advance but I choose well and delayed their flank permanently as I block their exit route to my team

Thats what I meant... you look at the medium side, and if they look inexperienced, and if your heavies look strong enough to last, then a flankshoudl work.

It also helps if your heavies don't rush in yolo, but stay closer to spawn (or if they do avnace, but drop back slowly) , because it takes longer for the enemy to advance (especially with a t95 and no-one pushing). By then time they make it to a real engagement with your team, You have finished with the weak mediums up top, and are running around behind, splitting their attention, and taking advantage of their weak soft rears and sides.

It also works on the desert stage if heavies go flanking, most enemies advance cautiously... if you rush as a group, then by the time the enemy realises that that one or two tanks are only one or two and not 5, they are getting hit from both sides and they crumble, it works better in that way if the tanks that flank are not the top tiers, or if they appear quickly then disappear and flank (fast mediums can do this). Enemies will usually hesitate and not advance quicklly if it looks like there are lots of enemies around that corner. It only works if you have a smart flanking team waiting for you to join in and not go yolo themselves...

WoT Blitz - :Legend of BBIC

But if two tier IX flank - its all over - I'm gonna sit at home and flank while watching pron - and the best flanking shoes? Someone else's Nikes obviously

If you see Tricks and Dix in a plat, just adopt a BBIC playstyle, you can't win - leave your shoes next to your tank, we'll collect them after the game.

Despreaux #19 Posted 30 September 2014 - 12:26 PM

Captain

• 9998 battles
I meant the enemy medium tanks, they are stationed with the enemy heavies on that meeting area. They were just preparing to flank my heavy tanks. And I know if no one does anything to stop it then we are as good as gone plus our team have no mediums to flank with so im forced to take place and flank them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users