I'm tired of seeing complaints about Noobs!

Noobs

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Brendon_2015 #1 Posted 06 November 2015 - 12:12 AM

First Lieutenant

• 15178 battles

Okay guys,

I've been playing this game for 3-4 months now and complaints about Noobs causing you to lose, are becoming more and more common as new threads on this forum. Can we please, please just post them in the one post. Just use the Rant thread. Everyday there are new topics opened about the same topic. It's just crazy..... I think I've seen 10 opened up over the last week!

Any way I've been playing this game now for 3-4 games and all I've ever seen is terrible, terrible game play, so if you've been lucky enough to have been on the positive side of things during this period, I seriously envy you.​ People told me it was lousy at the top (only played to Tier 8, but basically played with Tier 10's anyway) so I've stayed lower down improving my play, but frankly I don't see it any worse than at the lower or mid tiers, however as per previous posts I've put made - you just have to accept that MM is totally random. This game is getting more and more popular by people who just give it a go and throw it in after a few weeks, vs those who play it all the time. Everyone just needs to accept that as more players join it, your pool of quality players gets diluted. The Asian server also has the worst language issues as the main first language base probably isn't English here.

Now I have a 42% survivability rate in this game with a 52% WR, so basically this tells me that I carry to some degree 80% of the games I play in to win. I'm definitely no master of this game however from day 1 all I ever see are Noob teams, to me it's the norm and only about 20% of my games (if not less) have been with teams of any real quality, it's just a fact of the game! I had to accept this or basically give up the game. some of you may have been lucky enough to have had a really good run with MM and platooning and now you're suddenly seeing the other side of the coin - where you're on noob teams.

I'm also happy with my 52% WR (not flash but still going up) because I consider Win7/8 to be of much more value than WR. I play well (really I do now - well compared to my first 1500 games) and it shows here no matter what losses I incur.

Case in point - my JPanther has a 30 day WR of only 30% over 65 battles! This is terrible and my worst performing tank if I go off this, yet I average 1104 damage per battle, with a 1.24 damage ratio, KDR of 1.14, my Win 8 is 1550 and win 7 is 1150. Nothing too flash there at all, yet I'm deemed to be in the 70%+ Very good players area. IE: I definitely do my bit and frankly with better teams I'd have even better stats. 

Case in point - my SU-100 is a tank which is unbelievably good at winning, 30 day WR of 60.61% over 33 battles! I think this is really high, a lower tier 6 with an average 1081 (almost on par), damage ratio of 2.21, KDR of 1.73, win 8 of 1976 and win 7 of 1465. Again this gives me a Very good 70%+ rating with this tank.

But why the difference in WR's! I'm Very good in both TD's, yet in one the team gets steam rolled and in the other it doesn't. I'm positive it simply comes down to the JPanther having worse MM than my SU-100, because if I ignore the WR I'm actually at the same level in both of them IE: at the 70%-80% threshold which is nothing to complain about. My SU-100 has simply been luckier than the JPanther.

Also most players rarely Platoon, so don't have this buffer a lot of higher WR players do, so I have no sympathy for those platooner's who complain about noob players, and how they're bringing down there WR's over it... Try playing when you don't platoon it's hellish. I know Bushka, 48 ton, and numerous people on this forum basically spend most games in them as this generally means a better WR. Better WR means they're enjoying the game more. Their is absolutely nothing wrong with doing this as everyone will enjoy the game in a different fashion.

NB: What the blazers is Star rating? http://www.blitzstars.com doesn't use it and it seems to be the best place for judging your performance by a long margin.

Anyway guys accept it or just place these posts under the Rant thread as frankly I'm over the constantly newly made topics over the same thing, and stop blaming Noob's for every lose. They're on both sides you know!

Especially as AFK players are far worse! 

Now to do my own thread.

Happy hunting

Brendon

It's only a scratch, just buff it out. 

Actively working on Tier 9, Conquerer & T54 Tier 8, Indian, ISU 152 & IS 3, Tier 7, Comet, Panther & Tiger 1

Maverickdh #2 Posted 06 November 2015 - 12:31 AM

Captain

• 50274 battles
  • [BEAST]
I also vote for 2 paragraphs rants as well! :trollface:

Dark_Exile_ #3 Posted 06 November 2015 - 01:36 AM

Captain

• 25365 battles
  • [UQ]

View PostMaverickdh, on 06 November 2015 - 11:31 AM, said:

I also vote for 2 paragraphs rants as well! :trollface:

You'd know best Mav D. Except his rant has paragraphs ;) :trollface:

DEPUTY COMMANDER OF "UQ HOLDER!" ||| AUSTRALIA 

If you have any concerns regarding the game or reports of AFK players, send a PM with uncensored evidence and it'll be passed on. :)

The_Blackclaw #4 Posted 06 November 2015 - 01:43 AM

Corporal

• 32127 battles
  • [FOIL]
Ranting about forum'ers calling other players Noob is just so Noob! Just kidding (sort of)

Artisto81 #5 Posted 06 November 2015 - 01:47 AM

Captain

• 8231 battles
You are against making new thread of complaining about noobs, but basically in this thread you are also complaining about them. Should I merge this thread with the rant thread?

"In Russia, they say I'm a Pole, in Poland they call me Russian".

“The German army is a machine, and machines can be broken!”— Konstantin Rokossovsky

Pimp_Daddy_XR #6 Posted 06 November 2015 - 02:16 AM

Captain

• 43190 battles

Yeah OP, this thread seems contradictory.

I don't understand your comment 'I carry to some degree nearly 80% of games'. Just participating counts as 'carrying'? You do not help your team 20% of the time?

I consider I carry maybe 1 in 15 games (large portion of dmg caused), and play reliably maybe 50% of my games. 

"I spent 90% of my money on booze, birds and Blitz. The rest I just squandered" (George Best)

BoomStiK #7 Posted 06 November 2015 - 02:25 AM

Corporal

• 18552 battles
  • [MYTH_]

He has a point though. I've been playing blitz since the launch date (Some of you guys probably earlier). There will always be noobs. Some of them get good, some stop playing and some continue noobing. No point getting stressed out over it.

And if you want to rant spam the rant thread. Lots of spam threads nowadays.

To Op,stop spamming n get good.

iB055 #8 Posted 06 November 2015 - 02:39 AM

Captain

• 18594 battles
  • [STORM]
Pointless thread. It's someone whining about others whining.

OP_Assassin #9 Posted 06 November 2015 - 03:10 AM

First Lieutenant

• 10014 battles

View PostP_Daddy_XR, on 06 November 2015 - 12:16 PM, said:

Yeah OP, this thread seems contradictory.

I don't understand your comment 'I carry to some degree nearly 80% of games'. Just participating counts as 'carrying'? You do not help your team 20% of the time?

I consider I carry maybe 1 in 15 games (large portion of dmg caused), and play reliably maybe 50% of my games. 

Yup it's actually pretty contradictory. completely agree with p....

RazorOmegaOne #10 Posted 06 November 2015 - 03:19 AM

Captain

• 10002 battles
  • [OM3GA]

View PostiB055, on 06 November 2015 - 10:39 AM, said:

Pointless thread. It's someone whining about others whining.

Actually,it's someone whining about others whining before whining again :)

Proud Tanker Of SHAFT

FIGHT FOR YOUR TEAM,NOT FOR YOURSELF 

I do not expect mercy,neither should you expect any from me.

"American soldiers in battle don't fight for what some president says on T.V., they don't fight for mom, apple pie, the American flag...they fight for one another."
- Lt. Col. Hal Moore

Maverickdh #11 Posted 06 November 2015 - 05:20 AM

Captain

• 50274 battles
  • [BEAST]

:PView PostRazorOmegaOne, on 06 November 2015 - 03:19 PM, said:

and others whining about others whining they are whining, just lots of whinning, just wine instead or better yet have a beer or too 

CarvinMarvin #12 Posted 06 November 2015 - 05:50 AM

Captain

• 21922 battles

To be fair to Brendon. There are a number of threads in the last few days created telling us all about how the OP has done thousands of damage a game, only to lose 10/14 or some such. Then a brand new thread to tell us all that they are winning again. Followed by another new thread to tell us that once again they are losing again. These could quite easily have been in the rant thread where we happily rant away about life's injustices. That as I see it as the core part of the rant, though the rant part of platooning and win rates and SU to JP comparison could happily be in the rant thread.

I'm all for people ranting away, but we have that nice thread where we get to let out our frustrations a bit without the need for us to be rational about it.

RazorOmegaOne #13 Posted 06 November 2015 - 05:53 AM

Captain

• 10002 battles
  • [OM3GA]

View PostCarvinMarvin, on 06 November 2015 - 01:50 PM, said:

To be fair to Brendon. There are a number of threads in the last few days created telling us all about how the OP has done thousands of damage a game, only to lose 10/14 or some such. Then a brand new thread to tell us all that they are winning again. Followed by another new thread to tell us that once again they are losing again. These could quite easily have been in the rant thread where we happily rant away about life's injustices. That as I see it as the core part of the rant, though the rant part of platooning and win rates and SU to JP comparison could happily be in the rant thread.

I'm all for people ranting away, but we have that nice thread where we get to let out our frustrations a bit without the need for us to be rational about it.

Well everyone is ranting because there's nothing positive to say about the game.Noob situation gets worst,lag get worst , update delayed and nothing positive comes out of the game 

Edited by RazorOmegaOne, 06 November 2015 - 05:54 AM.

Proud Tanker Of SHAFT

"American soldiers in battle don't fight for what some president says on T.V., they don't fight for mom, apple pie, the American flag...they fight for one another."
- Lt. Col. Hal Moore

ravagerxxx #14 Posted 06 November 2015 - 06:33 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 17742 battles
  • [RL]

View PostRazorOmegaOne, on 06 November 2015 - 10:19 AM, said:

noooooooo the inception!!!! its make me confused :sceptic:

if anyone ask, her name is

zero

Pimp_Daddy_XR #15 Posted 06 November 2015 - 07:07 AM

Captain

• 43190 battles

View Postravagerxxx, on 06 November 2015 - 01:33 PM, said:

Ahhhh that explains why some noobs drive around aimlessly - their Middleburg town just folded 90 degrees....

"I spent 90% of my money on booze, birds and Blitz. The rest I just squandered" (George Best)

RazorOmegaOne #16 Posted 06 November 2015 - 07:15 AM

Captain

• 10002 battles
  • [OM3GA]

View Postravagerxxx, on 06 November 2015 - 02:33 PM, said:

View PostP_Daddy_XR, on 06 November 2015 - 03:07 PM, said:

Ahhhh that explains why some noobs drive around aimlessly - their Middleburg town just folded 90 degrees....

Whineception 

Proud Tanker Of SHAFT

- Lt. Col. Hal Moore

Brendon_2015 #17 Posted 06 November 2015 - 08:22 AM

First Lieutenant

• 15178 battles

Hi guys.

At no stage here have I complained about Noob players here, I am just tired of seeing the same threads started, then another thread started again, then another over the same issues.

The reason I included the 2 examples is simply that win or lose it's how well you play your tank that matters - not the WR, yet everybody has become so fixated with it that they always blame other team members. IE: If you lose it's always because of Noob players. 

Platooning is mentioned solely because the main reason people platoon is to win games. Again nothing wrong with this, but it's the WR factor coming to the fore again. People platoon to have a better chance of winning.

As for the carry part, everyone carries games when you survive to see the victory, theirs no grandstanding on my part on this or pulling other players down. It's just a way of saying that to win games you have to be in it to the end, and that you can't win them all yourself. So for 20% of the time I've had others win games for me when I've meet an untimely demise, however being positive about it, it also means for the rest of the time I've been good enough to last the battle and be on the winning team. IE: something else positive other than WR. Maybe I could have explained this a bit clearer. The truth of the matter is that it's a team game and you have good and bad games but people only seem to be interested in complaining about other players because they didn't win a game.

Anyway if people want to criticise me for trying to make people understand that this game is not just about WR that's your choice, but I stand by there are far to many threads being opened because of this fixation. If you've played well and your team losses anyway, congratulate yourself on having an amazing game instead of blaming others for the teams loss. 

Brendon

It's only a scratch, just buff it out. 

Actively working on Tier 9, Conquerer & T54 Tier 8, Indian, ISU 152 & IS 3, Tier 7, Comet, Panther & Tiger 1

RazorOmegaOne #18 Posted 06 November 2015 - 08:30 AM

Captain

• 10002 battles
  • [OM3GA]
And now I'm tired of seeing complains on complains of noobs

Proud Tanker Of SHAFT

- Lt. Col. Hal Moore

JK_STONE #19 Posted 06 November 2015 - 09:06 AM

Captain

• 11444 battles
  • [SH4FT]

I came to forum seeking information and knowledge on how to play this game, and I actually got a lot more, I met some good human beings.

I hope we can all be a bit more positive with our sharing (I think this is really the message that Brendon is trying to share, maybe his subject can be a bit more 'positive', but I get his point)

For those who would like to outlet of their frustration, we have the "Rant" thread... and I hope to read more about personal strategy on how to tank and master certain maps!!!

Good luck on the battlefield!

Good luck on the battlefield!

deongunner #20 Posted 06 November 2015 - 09:43 AM

First Lieutenant

• 6386 battles
  • [KG_70]

Based on my experience : I called people noobs most during my noob phase, I started to stop whinning on noobs (at chat in battle) when I'm out of my noob phase. 

Since clan introduced, I never say rubbish words nor breaking the censor filter on chat. We should stop complaining about noobs, we all've been noobs right ? Rather than whining about them, teach them the right way to play the game. Once I saw enemy team firing HE on his Churchill i vickers HV aftter battle ended, I suggest him to used AP and he replied that he didn't know that and thank me for remind him, the story may will be an endless debate if I decide go call him noob.

Cheers !

Working on a Clan Youtube channel with friends - Waiting for clan members to accept

WR_70 (Warmachine Destroyer) - KG_70 Joint association (THE KNIGHT) - "Cooperation Leads Us to Victory"  

Also tagged with Noobs

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users