Jackson or Hellcat; which is the more dependable teammate?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Poll: Which T6 US TD is the more dependable teammate? (33 members have cast votes)

Which T6 US TD is more dependable as a teammate?

1. Hellcat - it's great to have a teammate that can quickly get into position to help. (20 votes [58.82%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 58.82%

2. Jackson - a TD that can act as a Med Tank in a pinch? Why not? (14 votes [41.18%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 41.18%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

_RB_33_ #21 Posted 17 November 2015 - 11:37 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 22387 battles
  • [101AS]

@Mel

thank you for your tips. It's like a light bulb has been lit inside a room. I am well aware of the Kitty's attributes but have trouble making full use of it. Maybe consistent practice of your tips will be able to help me. Truth be told, I have both the Jackson and Kitty in my garage. Statiscally, I am just as effective in both TDs with 50% wr each... But the Jackson has already got me a pair of M badges under it's name whereas the Kitty hasn't which means that I am not yet that proficient with it... Maybe because I am not comfortable with having little armor?...

@clanbassador

I feel your pain re the armor...

JeanneThiccWaifu #22 Posted 18 November 2015 - 01:53 AM

Captain

• 26942 battles
  • [FEAST]
@_RB_
Remember mate this isn't WoT PC,camo rating indeed work but not as well as PC.,since blitz map is minisized version of PC,

Just.,Just  Play Fallout., this gaem succ balls

_RB_33_ #23 Posted 19 November 2015 - 01:50 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 22387 battles
  • [101AS]

View PostWraith598, on 18 November 2015 - 01:53 AM, said:

@_RB_
Remember mate this isn't WoT PC,camo rating indeed work but not as well as PC.,since blitz map is minisized version of PC,

Duly noted. One question. In either tank, I'm starting to find myself more as a last man standing and in close-quarter scrapes. I'm starting to have issues with the 90mm's ROF. Considering my recent experiences with the M10 and T25/2, would the M1A2 76mm gun help? It's ROF is wonderful though the pen is another story... For these TDs purposes, should I prioritize firepower or rate of fire?

Harbinger_Reaper #24 Posted 19 November 2015 - 09:06 AM

Corporal

• 8488 battles
  • [DU_DE]

View Post_RB_33_, on 19 November 2015 - 01:50 AM, said:

Duly noted. One question. In either tank, I'm starting to find myself more as a last man standing and in close-quarter scrapes. I'm starting to have issues with the 90mm's ROF. Considering my recent experiences with the M10 and T25/2, would the M1A2 76mm gun help? It's ROF is wonderful though the pen is another story... For these TDs purposes, should I prioritize firepower or rate of fire?

Stay with the 90mm. The pen is still better than the 76mm and the alpha damage makes up for the ROF.

If your willing to, you may want to stick a Gun Rammer to it, that could help.

Hokey_Pokey #25 Posted 19 November 2015 - 09:45 AM

First Lieutenant

• 22901 battles
  • [ACE]
Kitty will always be the best

_RB_33_ #26 Posted 21 November 2015 - 07:56 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 22387 battles
  • [101AS]

View PostHarbinger_Reaper, on 19 November 2015 - 09:06 AM, said:

Stay with the 90mm. The pen is still better than the 76mm and the alpha damage makes up for the ROF.

If your willing to, you may want to stick a Gun Rammer to it, that could help.

Already have the gunrammer... I think it's standard fare for most tanks... I'll take your word for it re the 90mm... It just feels that I could use a little more ROF sometimes...

stormventsrage2 #27 Posted 29 November 2015 - 02:11 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 26578 battles
I did okay in the Jackson (wr 54%) but do better in the Hellcat, Wolverine, and T25/2 (all 60+%). I sold the Jackson.
The problem of leisure, what to do for pleasure....

JK_STONE #28 Posted 01 December 2015 - 11:46 AM

Captain

• 11539 battles
  • [SH4FT]

View PostMel1337, on 18 November 2015 - 06:41 AM, said:

Is there enough bush and distance between you and enemy tanks ? Are you even equipping camo net ? Binoc/optics are also necessary to help you win vision wars and outspot anyone else , allso you need to stay stationary for camo net and binocs to activate

Hulldowning in hellcat needs you to know how much your depression can make it , and where you could shoot at and where you could get shot from . and when you're spotted , dont count on that turret armor to save you . back off if the enemy appears to be good at hitting your small turret , and if they cant seem to consistently hit you , you could try to peek a boom them and maybe kill them

Also , sometimes it's better to hold your fire , keep the enemy spotted and let someone else fire if you're too close to them and engaging them first looks like a bad odds i.e: you spot a comet going for the hills at lost temple , and he cant spot you yet you can spot him , and he decides to snipe on top of the hills . in that case , open fire only when he's concentrated on someone else first so you dont get shot at . sometimes , the comet may even back off , fearing he's been spotted and he may get shot by something big , if he decides to retreat , dont hesitate to put a round into his back but dont chase him too much to get yourself into trouble

A hellcat excels at flexing to help anyone on the map with its high mobility and the dpm on it can make short work of even the mighty IS 3 provided the IS 3 isnt focused on you . and when the IS 3 focuses on you , you concentrate on getting away instead of putting more rounds and let your teammate take pot shots at him now that he's focused on you , although if you're confident you can kill it , finish it off and  then run away for there may be more enemies coming

All in all , its the decision making that makes a hellcat player great , if the player stupidly uses it like a brawling tank , then a hellcat isnt for him . if the player understands how to make the hellcat work , you'll be amazed at how it can carry games without getting spotted/involved in a brawl too much

Great sharing on the 'holding' the fire part... I think I used to 'fire' as soon as I can and whenever I can.  Sometime lighting-up the opponent without firing is equally important in this game. It take some constraint to know when not to fire, and stay undetected.  

I have learnt some tough lessons on wrong time to fire and being detected by OPFOR who is bigger and faster, or  simply out number me!!!

Good luck on the battlefield!

_RB_33_ #29 Posted 04 December 2015 - 04:24 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 22387 battles
  • [101AS]

Finally got my first Hellcat Mastery a few days ago... Thank you once again Mel for your tips. Coming from the Jackson, getting agrressive enough in the Kitty was quite dicey for me as I got used to the better (but still paper thin) armor of the Jackson.

While my confidence is still with the Jackson, I'm starting to apprciate the Hellcat again, courtesy of the above-mentioned tips as well as the mobility and flexibility that it has.

Babayega_1 #30 Posted 28 January 2016 - 03:21 AM

First Lieutenant

• 21465 battles
  • [ROGUE]

View PostShatter12, on 26 October 2015 - 07:00 AM, said:

Hellcat is an arugably better tank, but you're forgetting 2 things. Speed, and amour. Whilst the armour on the Jackson isn't that better then the Hellcat, it can stop 3x + 1 (i.e. Auto penetration angle) penetration rule. An example of this is for 40mm: 40 * 3 + 1 = 121mm, therefore a 120mm gun (i.e. M103, Conqueror, any 120mm gun really) can't penetrate it, but a 122mm (i.e. IS series, and Soviets tenks) can autopen is. The Speed of the Jackson is both a curse and a blessing, it is a curse because you can't get anywhere quickly enough, but will stop you from letting things go to your head and racing to a very aggressive (i.e. Literally right next to the enemy) position, and getting shot to pieces (like most Hellcat drivers).

im guilty as charged...:(

"Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning."

- Erwin Rommel

Babayega_1 #31 Posted 28 January 2016 - 03:28 AM

First Lieutenant

• 21465 battles
  • [ROGUE]

View PostMel1337, on 17 November 2015 - 10:41 PM, said:

Is there enough bush and distance between you and enemy tanks ? Are you even equipping camo net ? Binoc/optics are also necessary to help you win vision wars and outspot anyone else , allso you need to stay stationary for camo net and binocs to activate

Hulldowning in hellcat needs you to know how much your depression can make it , and where you could shoot at and where you could get shot from . and when you're spotted , dont count on that turret armor to save you . back off if the enemy appears to be good at hitting your small turret , and if they cant seem to consistently hit you , you could try to peek a boom them and maybe kill them

Also , sometimes it's better to hold your fire , keep the enemy spotted and let someone else fire if you're too close to them and engaging them first looks like a bad odds i.e: you spot a comet going for the hills at lost temple , and he cant spot you yet you can spot him , and he decides to snipe on top of the hills . in that case , open fire only when he's concentrated on someone else first so you dont get shot at . sometimes , the comet may even back off , fearing he's been spotted and he may get shot by something big , if he decides to retreat , dont hesitate to put a round into his back but dont chase him too much to get yourself into trouble

A hellcat excels at flexing to help anyone on the map with its high mobility and the dpm on it can make short work of even the mighty IS 3 provided the IS 3 isnt focused on you . and when the IS 3 focuses on you , you concentrate on getting away instead of putting more rounds and let your teammate take pot shots at him now that he's focused on you , although if you're confident you can kill it , finish it off and  then run away for there may be more enemies coming

All in all , its the decision making that makes a hellcat player great , if the player stupidly uses it like a brawling tank , then a hellcat isnt for him . if the player understands how to make the hellcat work , you'll be amazed at how it can carry games without getting spotted/involved in a brawl too much

This would really help me with my hellcat...i dont have topgun yet but I have top engine and boy it can really run. Ill try not to go too far and abuse its depression and camo value next time.

"Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning."

- Erwin Rommel

_RB_33_ #32 Posted 29 January 2016 - 01:10 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 22387 battles
  • [101AS]

View PostBabayega_1, on 28 January 2016 - 03:21 AM, said:

im guilty as charged...:(

You might want to try the Jackson then especially if you're planning to get the T25/2 (just to give you an idea how the T25/2 moves if you haven't got it yet). It's definitely slower but as mentioned, its speed issues will also stop you from yoloing into the opfor. I also favoured the Hellcat before... It's the tank that got me playing WOT Blitz... I ended up selling it along with the T25/2, VK30.02D, Hetzer, Ke-Ni and Wolverine to get my Indien-Panzer... The Jackson stayed in my garage.

Then again, one man's meat is another man's poison. I guess the Jackson and I got along better than the Hellcat.

Edited by _RB_33_, 29 January 2016 - 01:11 AM.

anthonylei01 #33 Posted 30 January 2016 - 05:10 AM

Captain

• 16123 battles
  • [YOYO_]
I say hellcat.... the support fire provided by it is excellent.... just need to play it right

Diamond114 #34 Posted 30 January 2016 - 10:20 AM

Captain

• 16287 battles
  • [408]

It depends. Sometimes a properly used and flanking Hellcats were crucial in winning the game for its team, otherwise a good Jackson driver that knows what he's doing using the thing as a late game med (and preferably supported) sometimes also rocks. It boils down to player skill, which unfortunately we can't quite know because random match.

That said, if you ask me which of the 2 I like playing better, I'll take Jackson over Hellcat probably about 6-7 times out of 10. I have much better WR in the Jackson than in Hellcats, but also it's not quite fair comparing them like that in my case. My Jackson benefitted from playing in the early days when there aren't so much tank make and models around, whereas my Hellcat fought against somewhat newer mix of tanks (and getting thrown in tier VII-VIII fights more often). Also, that sloped 114mm lower plate on the Jackson can occasionally bounce a 122mm shot if angled allowing you to potentially survive the match, whereas in Hellcats you generally CANNOT bounce any shot to the hull anywhere. And I tend to be slugging it head on on first contact anyways so I think I'm wasting the Hellcat's talent but quite suitable with the Jackson's

Final verdict on my stats: Jackson WR 60%, Hellcats WR 52%. Jacksons please.

"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN.

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN.

"To be a good fighter pilot, there's only one prime requisite; Think Fast, and Act Faster" - John Trevor Godfrey, 336 Sqn RAF

RazorOmegaOne #35 Posted 30 January 2016 - 10:30 AM

Captain

• 10002 battles
  • [OM3GA]

Definitely Hellcat, it have a great camo rating and great speed paired with a deadly gun and a very strong troll turret with great view range.

Hellcat might not be noob-friendly but have a higher carrying potential.

Proud Tanker Of SHAFT

FIGHT FOR YOUR TEAM,NOT FOR YOURSELF 

I do not expect mercy,neither should you expect any from me.

"American soldiers in battle don't fight for what some president says on T.V., they don't fight for mom, apple pie, the American flag...they fight for one another."
- Lt. Col. Hal Moore

_RB_33_ #36 Posted 02 February 2016 - 04:07 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 22387 battles
  • [101AS]

View PostRazorOmegaOne, on 30 January 2016 - 10:30 AM, said:

Definitely Hellcat, it have a great camo rating and great speed paired with a deadly gun and a very strong troll turret with great view range.

Hellcat might not be noob-friendly but have a higher carrying potential.

If you're talking about using the Hellcat in such a way that it's bordering on Mastery levels, then I am inclined to agree with you. The Hellcat's lack of armour doesn't make it very forgiving of mistakes. That aside, it's a relatively easy tank to use in the sense that newer players coming from lights and mediums can adjust to it in a relatively short period of time IMHO.

The Jackson on the other hand, has a rather steeper learning curve of it's basics but once those basics are learned, the mastery of the M36 isn't too far off provided the said Jackson player is willing to push it. Perhaps it's the thought of being able to survive a bit longer and better courtesy of it's tad better armour that allows for it. Of course, the Hellcat can run if it has to in situations where the Jackson would be forced to fight to the death. Again, based on my experiences with these two fine US TDs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users