Jump to content


Jackson or Hellcat; which is the more dependable teammate?


  • Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Poll: Which T6 US TD is the more dependable teammate? (33 members have cast votes)

Which T6 US TD is more dependable as a teammate?

  1. Hellcat - it's great to have a teammate that can quickly get into position to help. (20 votes [58.82%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 58.82%

  2. Jackson - a TD that can act as a Med Tank in a pinch? Why not? (14 votes [41.18%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 41.18%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

_RB_33_ #1 Posted 26 October 2015 - 03:28 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 22752 battles
  • 369
  • [101AS]
  • Member since:
    08-05-2015

Ok, just out of curiousity, pilot skill aside, which of the two Tier VI US TDs would you be more comfortable to have as a teammate? The speedy Hellcat or the rugged Jackson?

 

Votes and opinions please. Thank you.


Edited by _RB_33_, 26 October 2015 - 04:19 AM.


_RB_33_ #2 Posted 26 October 2015 - 04:18 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 22752 battles
  • 369
  • [101AS]
  • Member since:
    08-05-2015
Sorry, thread edited from poll-only to provide room for opinions.

Edited by _RB_33_, 26 October 2015 - 04:19 AM.


Pimp_Daddy_XR #3 Posted 26 October 2015 - 06:06 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 43995 battles
  • 3,047
  • Member since:
    07-06-2014
Hellcat is a better tank.

 

"I spent 90% of my money on booze, birds and Blitz. The rest I just squandered" (George Best)


Shatter12 #4 Posted 26 October 2015 - 07:00 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 1028 battles
  • 802
  • [JOKAZ]
  • Member since:
    08-12-2014
Hellcat is an arugably better tank, but you're forgetting 2 things. Speed, and amour. Whilst the armour on the Jackson isn't that better then the Hellcat, it can stop 3x + 1 (i.e. Auto penetration angle) penetration rule. An example of this is for 40mm: 40 * 3 + 1 = 121mm, therefore a 120mm gun (i.e. M103, Conqueror, any 120mm gun really) can't penetrate it, but a 122mm (i.e. IS series, and Soviets tenks) can autopen is. The Speed of the Jackson is both a curse and a blessing, it is a curse because you can't get anywhere quickly enough, but will stop you from letting things go to your head and racing to a very aggressive (i.e. Literally right next to the enemy) position, and getting shot to pieces (like most Hellcat drivers).

"If you are not getting accused of being a noob or a hacker at least once a day, then you're doing something wrong" 

Grinding and buying free exp for the E-50M tonk.


CarvinMarvin #5 Posted 26 October 2015 - 08:17 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 22631 battles
  • 2,276
  • Member since:
    07-05-2014
Hmm, I don't really have an opinion one way or the other. I think from the red side I would prefer facing a Jackson that thought it was a medium. Because no matter how much it might want to think it is a medium I know my medium is going to have a better turret traverse so I will beat it in a knife fight. But you don't see many Hellcats taking advantage of their speed, while most Jacksons I've seen recently at least try to use their gun as a TD. But the only tier 6 TDs that really give me pause are the two Soviet ones. Especially the ones with guns bigger than 120mm.

 

 


 


Harbinger_Reaper #6 Posted 26 October 2015 - 09:41 AM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 8489 battles
  • 95
  • [DU_DE]
  • Member since:
    03-10-2014

Probably due to the way I play, but I have preference towards the Jackson. I just like the idea of not instantly dying to HE.

 

Oh, and additionally, you do bounce the occasional shot that saves your ass that you would die to in a Hellcat.



Pimp_Daddy_XR #7 Posted 26 October 2015 - 09:43 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 43995 battles
  • 3,047
  • Member since:
    07-06-2014

View PostShatter12, on 26 October 2015 - 02:00 PM, said:

Hellcat is an arugably better tank, but you're forgetting 2 things. Speed, and amour. Whilst the armour on the Jackson isn't that better then the Hellcat, it can stop 3x + 1 (i.e. Auto penetration angle) penetration rule. An example of this is for 40mm: 40 * 3 + 1 = 121mm, therefore a 120mm gun (i.e. M103, Conqueror, any 120mm gun really) can't penetrate it, but a 122mm (i.e. IS series, and Soviets tenks) can autopen is. The Speed of the Jackson is both a curse and a blessing, it is a curse because you can't get anywhere quickly enough, but will stop you from letting things go to your head and racing to a very aggressive (i.e. Literally right next to the enemy) position, and getting shot to pieces (like most Hellcat drivers).

 

There is no such thing as a bad Cat, just a bad owner.

 

Most tanks driven up next to the enemy position will get shot to pieces.

 

Using Hellcat speed to yolo is not using a Hellcat correctly. Like all those early E25 roach drivers who thought they were Hancock or something...

 

A TD like the Hellcat or E25 bug should use their speed to achieve a tactical position (e.g. good camo location, defilade fire). Using their speed to yolo is not the tanks weakness...


 

"I spent 90% of my money on booze, birds and Blitz. The rest I just squandered" (George Best)


_RB_33_ #8 Posted 28 October 2015 - 02:45 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 22752 battles
  • 369
  • [101AS]
  • Member since:
    08-05-2015
Ok... Based on the current voting, it's a 50/50 split of trust or confidence between Kitty and Jackie with the Kitty having more vocal supporters so to speak.

JeanneThiccWaifu #9 Posted 28 October 2015 - 10:05 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 27183 battles
  • 1,720
  • [FEAST]
  • Member since:
    04-16-2014
Jackson? Medium?? In a pinch?? I guess you're using it wrong mate

Just.,Just  Play Fallout., this gaem succ balls


_RB_33_ #10 Posted 29 October 2015 - 02:10 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 22752 battles
  • 369
  • [101AS]
  • Member since:
    08-05-2015

@Wraith

From my still limited experience, the Jackson can act like one when the situation calls for it i.e. fighting a heavy or a medium at close quarters. Of course, this largely depends on the skill of the driver of the heavy or medium involved.

 

But I do agree with you that using the Jackson intentionally as a med is outright wrong and that if I found myself in a close-up fight with a med or heavy, then I royally screwed up somewhere earlier in the match that allowed the situation to happen.


Edited by _RB_33_, 29 October 2015 - 02:10 AM.


JK_STONE #11 Posted 30 October 2015 - 04:44 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 11539 battles
  • 1,117
  • [SH4FT]
  • Member since:
    07-09-2014

View Post_RB_33_, on 26 October 2015 - 11:28 AM, said:

Ok, just out of curiousity, pilot skill aside, which of the two Tier VI US TDs would you be more comfortable to have as a teammate? The speedy Hellcat or the rugged Jackson?

 

Votes and opinions please. Thank you.

 

If I want to hang with the mediums, I would go with the Hellcat.

 

If I want to play along side of heavy tanks, I will go with Jackson.


 

Good luck on the battlefield!


JeanneThiccWaifu #12 Posted 15 November 2015 - 09:58 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 27183 battles
  • 1,720
  • [FEAST]
  • Member since:
    04-16-2014
@_RB_
Well the situation well you using Jackson as Medium is very very very rare to happen., and probably will only happened in the end of the match.,this tough gut is just too slow and going upfront in your face kind of brawl is a waste of Camo rating( well it's not relevant in blitz anyway, camo i mean) and the armor is too thin it won't last long in medium role.,

Just.,Just  Play Fallout., this gaem succ balls


Mel1337 #13 Posted 15 November 2015 - 03:51 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 11240 battles
  • 673
  • [VEST]
  • Member since:
    10-31-2014
The camo makes a difference , just not in certain maps . campinovka allows a hellcat with camo net to snipe with impunity , with or without bushes while in fort despair, a hellcat will probably spend most of the match dodging shells or running away if the driver knows he's spotted

CALVINJJ #14 Posted 15 November 2015 - 03:58 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 13928 battles
  • 2,603
  • Member since:
    09-23-2014
Hellcat is a better tank, but need a better player for it as well

Anger and emotion are strategically counterproductive. You must always stay calm and objective. -Robert Greene,the 48 laws of power-

 


_RB_33_ #15 Posted 17 November 2015 - 04:34 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 22752 battles
  • 369
  • [101AS]
  • Member since:
    08-05-2015

View PostWraith598, on 15 November 2015 - 09:58 AM, said:

@_RB_
Well the situation well you using Jackson as Medium is very very very rare to happen., and probably will only happened in the end of the match.,this tough gut is just too slow and going upfront in your face kind of brawl is a waste of Camo rating( well it's not relevant in blitz anyway, camo i mean) and the armor is too thin it won't last long in medium role.,

 

 

All points true, except for camo maybe. I'm still pretty much new to the game and still learning the finer aspects of it so I could be wrong in my opinion on camo rating.



Harbinger_Reaper #16 Posted 17 November 2015 - 08:55 AM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 8489 battles
  • 95
  • [DU_DE]
  • Member since:
    03-10-2014

Thing I've noticed about the Hellcat is that German 88mm's (and probably it's equivalents in caliber in other nations) are able to penetrate a Hellcat with HE...which, I've done several times in my Indien-Panzer. Even the L/56 can pen. Though I'm guessing not everyone does this. Sorry Hellcat drivers. Just ruined your day : P

 

That asides, do note that the Jackson's armour means that HE shells won't ruin the inside of your instantly, and there is no doubt, it's certainly more hardy than a Hellcat. If you can have a nice slope and shoot downwards, your armour can do pretty well.

 

Though the tanks play style differs greatly. I mean first place the Hellcat would be outta there before the HE shell goes anywhere near it. Though if hit, it's a different story.

Also, most things shooting a Hellcat will overmatch, so yeah. Poke a bit of that armour out and blam, you take a big hit.

 

Still, the Hellcat is great in its own way.


Edited by Harbinger_Reaper, 17 November 2015 - 08:57 AM.


Mel1337 #17 Posted 17 November 2015 - 09:29 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 11240 battles
  • 673
  • [VEST]
  • Member since:
    10-31-2014

View PostHarbinger_Reaper, on 17 November 2015 - 08:55 AM, said:

Thing I've noticed about the Hellcat is that German 88mm's (and probably it's equivalents in caliber in other nations) are able to penetrate a Hellcat with HE...which, I've done several times in my Indien-Panzer. Even the L/56 can pen. Though I'm guessing not everyone does this. Sorry Hellcat drivers. Just ruined your day : P

 

That asides, do note that the Jackson's armour means that HE shells won't ruin the inside of your instantly, and there is no doubt, it's certainly more hardy than a Hellcat. If you can have a nice slope and shoot downwards, your armour can do pretty well.

 

Though the tanks play style differs greatly. I mean first place the Hellcat would be outta there before the HE shell goes anywhere near it. Though if hit, it's a different story.

Also, most things shooting a Hellcat will overmatch, so yeah. Poke a bit of that armour out and blam, you take a big hit.

 

Still, the Hellcat is great in its own way.

The hellcat , properly played could literally control who it engages . it doesnt need to worry about getting shot except in maps like fort despair . the combined depression and camo rating allows the hellcat to take any kind of bush anywhere and still be hard to spot , and if it fails , it does 40km/h easily to get away from heavy tanks . i've carried games where i literally pick off enemies one by one without getting spotted purely because its really awesome at getting a sniping spot and staying undetected . and when the situation calls for it , it can still circle KV4s provided i pre-aim the turret and load some APCR


Edited by Mel1337, 17 November 2015 - 09:38 AM.


_RB_33_ #18 Posted 17 November 2015 - 05:55 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 22752 battles
  • 369
  • [101AS]
  • Member since:
    08-05-2015

View PostMel1337, on 17 November 2015 - 09:29 AM, said:

The hellcat , properly played could literally control who it engages . it doesnt need to worry about getting shot except in maps like fort despair . the combined depression and camo rating allows the hellcat to take any kind of bush anywhere and still be hard to spot , and if it fails , it does 40km/h easily to get away from heavy tanks . i've carried games where i literally pick off enemies one by one without getting spotted purely because its really awesome at getting a sniping spot and staying undetected . and when the situation calls for it , it can still circle KV4s provided i pre-aim the turret and load some APCR

 

I must be missing out on something or doing something wrong then... On almost any map, the second I shoot, I get spotted and I can't seem to figure out how to hulldown in a Hellcat... And yes, the second I show up, it's almost guaranteed that I get roasted in it...

Dark_Exile_ #19 Posted 17 November 2015 - 09:29 PM

    Captain

  • Moderator
  • 29234 battles
  • 3,291
  • [UQ]
  • Member since:
    10-31-2014
I still prefer the Jackson. The Hellcat never worked for me, it has no armour.

DEPUTY COMMANDER OF "UQ HOLDER!" ||| AUSTRALIA 

 

If you have any concerns regarding the game or reports of AFK players, send a PM with uncensored evidence and it'll be passed on. :)

 


Mel1337 #20 Posted 17 November 2015 - 10:41 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 11240 battles
  • 673
  • [VEST]
  • Member since:
    10-31-2014

View Post_RB_33_, on 17 November 2015 - 05:55 PM, said:

 

I must be missing out on something or doing something wrong then... On almost any map, the second I shoot, I get spotted and I can't seem to figure out how to hulldown in a Hellcat... And yes, the second I show up, it's almost guaranteed that I get roasted in it...

Is there enough bush and distance between you and enemy tanks ? Are you even equipping camo net ? Binoc/optics are also necessary to help you win vision wars and outspot anyone else , allso you need to stay stationary for camo net and binocs to activate

Hulldowning in hellcat needs you to know how much your depression can make it , and where you could shoot at and where you could get shot from . and when you're spotted , dont count on that turret armor to save you . back off if the enemy appears to be good at hitting your small turret , and if they cant seem to consistently hit you , you could try to peek a boom them and maybe kill them

 

Also , sometimes it's better to hold your fire , keep the enemy spotted and let someone else fire if you're too close to them and engaging them first looks like a bad odds i.e: you spot a comet going for the hills at lost temple , and he cant spot you yet you can spot him , and he decides to snipe on top of the hills . in that case , open fire only when he's concentrated on someone else first so you dont get shot at . sometimes , the comet may even back off , fearing he's been spotted and he may get shot by something big , if he decides to retreat , dont hesitate to put a round into his back but dont chase him too much to get yourself into trouble

 

A hellcat excels at flexing to help anyone on the map with its high mobility and the dpm on it can make short work of even the mighty IS 3 provided the IS 3 isnt focused on you . and when the IS 3 focuses on you , you concentrate on getting away instead of putting more rounds and let your teammate take pot shots at him now that he's focused on you , although if you're confident you can kill it , finish it off and  then run away for there may be more enemies coming

 

All in all , its the decision making that makes a hellcat player great , if the player stupidly uses it like a brawling tank , then a hellcat isnt for him . if the player understands how to make the hellcat work , you'll be amazed at how it can carry games without getting spotted/involved in a brawl too much


Edited by Mel1337, 17 November 2015 - 10:59 PM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users