Do you like Copperfield?

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you like Copperfield (89 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battles in order to participate this poll.

Do you like Copperfield

1. Yes (45 votes [50.56%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 50.56%

2. No (37 votes [41.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 41.57%

3. Neither (7 votes [7.87%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.87%

Vote Hide poll

Conan #1 Posted 26 September 2014 - 10:02 AM

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

• Administrator
  • 124 battles
  • [WG]

Hi Blitz fans,

Do you like the map Copperfield? Please let us know by voting.

You can also share your comments below. Thank you!

M8Tricks #2 Posted 01 October 2014 - 08:45 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 7588 battles

Not a fan of this map.

If youre a heavy you generally go high, if youre an armourless tank you go low and hope no heavies go there.

The bottom isnt used until the end game, and its usually just where the last tanks run to hide and die, 

WoT Blitz - :Legend of BBIC

But if two tier IX flank - its all over - I'm gonna sit at home and flank while watching pron - and the best flanking shoes? Someone else's Nikes obviously

If you see Tricks and Dix in a plat, just adopt a BBIC playstyle, you can't win - leave your shoes next to your tank, we'll collect them after the game.

Col_Abrams #3 Posted 03 October 2014 - 12:44 PM

First Lieutenant

• 1753 battles
Traditionally my most loathed map. Yet where I achieved my first Mastery in a T40. Reminds me of a toilet seat with all the action on the rim and the final crap ending in the depths...
"They've got us surrounded again, the poor bastards..."
   Colonel Creighton W Abrams

KodaK #4 Posted 04 October 2014 - 12:15 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 2574 battles

View PostCol_Abrams, on 03 October 2014 - 12:44 PM, said:

Traditionally my most loathed map. Yet where I achieved my first Mastery in a T40. Reminds me of a toilet seat with all the action on the rim and the final crap ending in the depths...

How messy....

CarvinMarvin #5 Posted 04 October 2014 - 01:02 PM

Captain

• 19237 battles
You know, since the map challenge started I've had exactly one match on it.

Tdizzl3d #6 Posted 12 October 2014 - 07:15 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 3449 battles

Is this map smaller? Because it feels smaller.

World of Tanks Generals closed beta tester.

Roaming the dark corners of the forums.

iB055 #7 Posted 16 November 2014 - 03:21 AM

Captain

• 17319 battles
  • [STORM]
Am i the only one that likes this map? Its an is7 dream, my low tank can find cover like nobodys buisness.

One_Of_Last #8 Posted 04 December 2014 - 12:48 PM

Sergeant

• 3316 battles
  • [BT]
I find that high is too hard on one team that hs the longer run without the corner. I can never win that so I follow the mediums in my T-29 and on the other side of the map use the smaller pipe pile. I've got to admit the pipe pile there is op for the T-29 with its huge mantlet. If the opposition is too stupid they won't try to attack your side.
you may see me in battle driving.... And at the beginning of each fight I yell "Let's Take Names" so let's do so let's Kick Ass and Take Names....... I'm basicly the M103 that gets hull down in frount of the enemy and sits the like "BRAH"

Despreaux #9 Posted 02 January 2015 - 10:20 AM

Captain

• 9974 battles
i only like the side with the bumps near by, can cover the hull there

"Right or wrong, evil or good, but they still fight, without second thoughts they march up to the enemy, they dont hope to go home tommorow, their families are now their war brothers, every bullet they shoot, every lives they taken, every blood they spilt, did they give up? They'll never give up, for their flag they will fight, even if it means dying at cost, rather than die in vain, they'll fight for whats theirs, until the last blood drop, they are the soldiers of war" -war-

One_Of_Last #10 Posted 13 January 2015 - 03:45 PM

Sergeant

• 3316 battles
  • [BT]
I've never been able to play the hill I've always gone through the medium side.
you may see me in battle driving.... And at the beginning of each fight I yell "Let's Take Names" so let's do so let's Kick Ass and Take Names....... I'm basicly the M103 that gets hull down in frount of the enemy and sits the like "BRAH"

Running_Turtle #11 Posted 18 January 2015 - 02:13 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 13316 battles
  • [STORM]
I like this map, I always take the other side, you can either go head to head with other tanks or snipe the enemies on the other side. :trollface:

Ooops I have been spotted!

ladytorrens #12 Posted 19 May 2015 - 04:55 AM

Sergeant

• 4297 battles

View PostCol_Abrams, on 03 October 2014 - 10:14 PM, said:

XD so true

"I Cant Do It Man, Anime's My Life!"

Garage: kv-4, t-54, is-3, Tog II, T-32, t62a, 

Damn MM!

Gogolai #13 Posted 19 May 2015 - 09:41 AM

Corporal

• 2144 battles

View PostRunning_Turtle, on 18 January 2015 - 06:13 AM, said:

I like this map, I always take the other side, you can either go head to head with other tanks or snipe the enemies on the other side. :trollface:

Yep, except i always spawn on the side where there is no corner to get cover, and if I go to medium side i see that the enemy tanks on the other side of the map are getting destroyed, then i spot like 4 op higher tanks...

All lower case: gogolai

Miguel_Chin #14 Posted 09 August 2015 - 03:43 AM

Corporal

• 17585 battles
  • [MEDS]
A bit boring due to the few push opportunities in the heavy area

Edited by Miguel_Chin, 01 December 2015 - 02:40 PM.

stormventsrage2 #15 Posted 15 August 2015 - 03:31 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 25187 battles
  • [DWA]
I like it but the middle of the map is kind of useless. Fast mediums can outflank either side by going through the middle. Doesn't work too often though.

JK_STONE #16 Posted 11 September 2015 - 06:18 AM

Captain

• 11385 battles
  • [FEAST]

心得報告:

1. Heavy - most of the time I stay high and hold the hill.  I wouldn't necessary rush to other side, unless our team out 'heavy' OPFOR and we all roll the same direction.  Sometime if I noticed we have couple of strong heavy that can hold the hill, I would roll (in a fast heavy) with mediums and give them support on flank side.  Heavy, never go down and hangout in the middle, because you are a juicy target.

2. TD: depending on the make-up of the team, I would go one way or another.  TD should not try to 'lead' on this map, just too open for other to shoot (across).  From the high side, please don't spend half-day climbing up to the corner of the map, usually by the time you get their, everyone else is dead or you don't have clear shot of anything.  If you do have shots, it means your team has already lost ground and enemy is pushing through, and you will likely die soon too. From the bottom hill side, I would go to corners (not upper corner) side and try to help create damage. It can cover both Hill side advancing tanks and flank side mediums.

3. Medium, almost always flank and try to get some free shot into side of OPFOR.  If met with great resistance or outnumber, don't be afraid to slide down to the middle and take cover by either moving toward the OPFOR side or back to spawn side.  Medium should be on the move and be ready to move to different spot on this map.  It's not a big map, don't hangout too long in one spot.

Future: something I have not tried, but would like to try one day.  Since it's not a big map, people are usually where you expect them to be.  I would like to try it in a 'fast tank', wait about 30 seconds for people to move to their spot and rush down the middle, and directly to enemy spawn and attack their heavy from behind.  Typically if mediums and heavy part their ways, they rarely have a chance to cover each others back on this map.  Therefore if a fast tank suddenly breaks through the middle and attack heavy from behind, it would create some confusion.  Of course, you would hope while a medium is attacking heavy from behind, teammate heavy will advance... which is not a guarantee and your teammate might just watch you die while they continue to hull-down waiting for you to take out all the heavies!!!

Good luck on the battlefield!

CarvinMarvin #17 Posted 11 September 2015 - 07:34 AM

Captain

• 19237 battles

It's a great map in the AT-2 when the enemy has nothing that is going to pen you from the front.

Although then it is hard to get a kill because all the vultures are in your wake to steal the kills as you drive relentlessly forward.

IronMegaChicken #18 Posted 12 September 2015 - 04:51 AM

Private

• 4513 battles
  • [EAU]
I find it, as a medium driver/scout, very frustrating, very peekaboo style and it is too small for mediums and lights

JK_STONE #19 Posted 15 September 2015 - 10:57 AM

Captain

• 11385 battles
  • [FEAST]

View PostIronMegaChicken, on 12 September 2015 - 12:51 PM, said:

I find it, as a medium driver/scout, very frustrating, very peekaboo style and it is too small for mediums and lights

As medium on this map, you HAVE to flank.  If not, team will take fire from OPFOR who occupy the flank side.  It's best that you have someone who flanks with you and always try to win or control the flank side.

I lost a game yesterday on this map when another medium flanking with me decided to 'cap', so I ended up with 1 vs. 3, and no support. I tried to escape last minute when I realize they have outnumber me 3:1. But they had a very good and aggressive player who realized that I was alone, he got out of hull-down position and proceed to chase me down. That good player pushed hard in his T-34-85 (along with his flank teammates) and caught up with our team on the hill side.  They begin to attack my remaining team members from both end, and it didn't last very long. 

On this map, flank side is critical to the match, if you control this side, there's good chance of winning this map. Typically the hill side is hull-down type of grind and everyone is careful when strength of Heavy/TD is even.  So as soon as you win the flank side, coordinate your attack with team members on the hill-side, you will have a good chance of taking this map.

This map is not made for capping, it's easy to reset or get into the cap in the last minute.  If you have OPFOR capping, you know you have out-number them, and if you are in a medium, you should be more aggressive in scouting to determine the weak side.  Assume your team members are experienced, they should know that if someone is capping, and you light up most players on the flanks side, that means hill-side is outnumber and they should rush it. 

Edited by JK_STONE, 15 September 2015 - 10:57 AM.

Good luck on the battlefield!

sajithsaju906 #20 Posted 27 February 2016 - 06:44 PM

Corporal

• 15907 battles
  • [TAMZH]
This map is kind of bored it's not that awesome as others
One way you get face to face or the other way plank and get hit from the other plank

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users