Higher Level Tanks

Tanks

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Fosknow #1 Posted 26 September 2014 - 04:01 AM

Captain

• 48492 battles
  • [-IQ-]

I have not been playing higher level tanks for about a week, and now I remember why.

ShirouRabbit #2 Posted 26 September 2014 - 06:05 AM

Sergeant

• 22569 battles
  • [1ST]
I'm in the middle of adding some low level tanks back in to my rotation, it's a very different feel with speedy light tanks zipping around, it provides a feeling of a wider variety of tanks on the field.  I'm not stopping with my high tiers though, there is nothing like taking a big heavy on a killing spree, or stopping a big heavy cold with an over-gunned tank destroyer.  :justwait:

bushka #3 Posted 26 September 2014 - 08:50 AM

Captain

• Video Contributor
  • 30226 battles
  • [SURLY]
I feel I get that same wide open gameplay on my tier 8 t32 as I do on any low level tank.  Not the case with the m103 or t 95

WITH ONE MILLION VIEWS ON CHANNEL, 140+ VIDEOS AND WEEKLY LIVE STREAMS

CHECK IT OUT YOU WOMBATS

tank_killer123 #4 Posted 26 September 2014 - 11:22 PM

First Lieutenant

• 1193 battles
Why what happened?

Stomper of the Randoms. YOLOer of TDs. Master of Sniping. Carrier of the Pubs. Beholder of Luck. Chancellor of Copperfield. Savior of the trustworthy. Lover of the Pros. Commander of No Clan. Ganker of the unaware. Princess of Blitz. Joker of the Just Kiddings. Soldier of the Unicum army. Leader of the Stug Master Race

"ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US!"

bushka #5 Posted 27 September 2014 - 12:07 AM

Captain

• Video Contributor
  • 30226 battles
  • [SURLY]

i take it back.  Have been ripping up in my m103 last night.  As well as my IS though thats only tier 7.

Lifted my win rate to 46%  on m103 (it was low 40's terrible) and 58% on IS which is along with t32 my favorite tank in the game.

IS particularly enforced the two disciplines that the m103 most benefits from.

1.  If you don't have a shot in the barrel ready to fire.  Don't freaking be visible.

2.  If you have armour angle it correctly.  You'll bounce bounce bounce.

And something reventer mentioned on here the other day.  Be patient, and be alive at the end.

High ends actually pretty wonderful for the right tanks.

CHECK IT OUT YOU WOMBATS

KodaK #6 Posted 27 September 2014 - 02:49 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 2574 battles
The 103's armor layout has a similar play to the pike nose I-Snipe series. The armor is at its most effective if you point it straight to the enemy without any angle whatsoever

48ton_ruckus #7 Posted 27 September 2014 - 05:49 AM

First Lieutenant

• 14262 battles
  • [SURLY]
If I'm caught out on open ground in the M103 i angle it so my opposition thinks they'll have an easy side shot, then snap the tank back around just as they fire so the tracks eat the shot. Works best if you're charging them down, and requires a bit of timing finesse but I find it's usually more reliable then taking the shot front on. 

Check out my gameplay vids over at YouTube for hints, tactics and gameplay action.
Or trash talk me on Twitter @
twitter.com/48ton_ruckus

CarvinMarvin #8 Posted 27 September 2014 - 06:05 AM

Captain

• 22631 battles

View Postbushka, on 27 September 2014 - 10:07 AM, said:

i take it back.  Have been ripping up in my m103 last night.  As well as my IS though thats only tier 7.

Lifted my win rate to 46%  on m103 (it was low 40's terrible) and 58% on IS which is along with t32 my favorite tank in the game.

IS particularly enforced the two disciplines that the m103 most benefits from.

1.  If you don't have a shot in the barrel ready to fire.  Don't freaking be visible.

2.  If you have armour angle it correctly.  You'll bounce bounce bounce.

And something reventer mentioned on here the other day.  Be patient, and be alive at the end.

High ends actually pretty wonderful for the right tanks.

#1 isn't quite true. You should pop out just before you finish reloading. That way you give yourself just enough time to let the aiming settle so you can fire faster after reloading, that way as soon as you fire you can get back to cover. If you wait until the the shell is loaded you may shoot faster out of cover, but not as accurately. And if you are aiming at a weak point you need to shoot straight more than you need to shoot fast.

bushka #9 Posted 27 September 2014 - 09:24 AM

Captain

• Video Contributor
  • 30226 battles
  • [SURLY]
Spot on carv

CHECK IT OUT YOU WOMBATS

tank_killer123 #10 Posted 27 September 2014 - 11:21 AM

First Lieutenant

• 1193 battles

View PostCarvinMarvin, on 27 September 2014 - 02:05 PM, said:

#1 isn't quite true. You should pop out just before you finish reloading. That way you give yourself just enough time to let the aiming settle so you can fire faster after reloading, that way as soon as you fire you can get back to cover. If you wait until the the shell is loaded you may shoot faster out of cover, but not as accurately. And if you are aiming at a weak point you need to shoot straight more than you need to shoot fast.

Id do better and by that I mean, MAKE THE ENEMY MAKE A MISTAKE by shooting while you are faking to take a shot at his tank around the corner, thereby ensuring you a safe shot at the enemy

Stomper of the Randoms. YOLOer of TDs. Master of Sniping. Carrier of the Pubs. Beholder of Luck. Chancellor of Copperfield. Savior of the trustworthy. Lover of the Pros. Commander of No Clan. Ganker of the unaware. Princess of Blitz. Joker of the Just Kiddings. Soldier of the Unicum army. Leader of the Stug Master Race

"ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US!"

Despreaux #11 Posted 29 September 2014 - 12:14 AM

Captain

• 9998 battles
At first of my grind of my E75, my win rate on it was as low as 40% but once I get all necessary upgrades it punch ghe win rate back to 60% over the course of many battles. I find it very nice to use it with a M103 platoon mate. 

"Right or wrong, evil or good, but they still fight, without second thoughts they march up to the enemy, they dont hope to go home tommorow, their families are now their war brothers, every bullet they shoot, every lives they taken, every blood they spilt, did they give up? They'll never give up, for their flag they will fight, even if it means dying at cost, rather than die in vain, they'll fight for whats theirs, until the last blood drop, they are the soldiers of war" -war-

Also tagged with Tanks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users