AT 15 TD UK Equipment Consumables How-to

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Flavius303 #1 Posted 18 September 2015 - 10:21 AM

Sergeant

• 40608 battles
  • [ECL_]

Hi guys,

I thought I'd start this thread on the AT 15 British TD.

From browsing the other forums (EU, NA, etc.) I've deduced some consensus as to what are the most recommended setups and play styles.

I have yet to find any good advice on consumables, though.

I would also like to know your take on this beast of a TD (subjective, yes, but I kind of love this thing).

Here's what I use, and how I play it.

Research:

I went straight for the 20-pdr Type B Barrel Tier IX gun. This helped me get tracks and (soon) the top engine rather easily.

Mounting the Type B 20-pdr did lead to a change in matchmaking, however. I now see myself ending up in a LOT more Tier X battles.

Not necessarily a problem. This tank can hold its own even in Tier X battles. Just be careful, because weak spots do exist.

Equipment:

Rammer (brings that already amazing RoF to just silly levels)

Vents (overall improvement)

Toolbox

Comment:

As you can tell, I don't plan to hide and spot too much in mine. I do try to snipe when I can, at least early game, but most battles end with me brawling, often against several reds. So, no optics, camo or binocs for me.

Toolbox, because traverse is your friend, and enemies know this. You'll get tracked a lot, and anything bringing repair times down will help you survive (large and small repair kits only help for so long...).

Consumables (and here's where I feel I could use some help):

Large repair kit

Small repair kit

Adrenaline

Comment:

I'm really not sure about the Adrenaline. Maybe it's a stupid choice. Should I go for Engine Power Boost? Will it help? This thing is crazy slow, and I'm not sure +30% would help all that much.

Pudding and tea for more overall improvement on top of the vents?

Ammo:

AP x 34

APCR x 4

HE x 4

Total = 42 rounds of ammo.

Comment:

This is not maximum ammo load (another subject to be discussed perhaps), but I went through my record over 20 or so battles, and have never fired more than max 30 shots in one game, despite the incredibly high RoF, and despite games where I could swear I did nothing but hammering that fire button for a full 7 minutes (minus getting to where the fight was, which probably took two minutes in itself). ;)

I do this with many tanks btw. I like to save credits, but yes, it has happened on occasion that I have run out of ammo, which is very very nooberly of me, I suppose.

Play style:

I usually start by getting into a good sniping position in the early moments of the game, to see where the fight is going, and to let our scouts spot (hopefully) most of enemy movements.

If I can dish out damage and permatrack enemies from this position, I'll stay there. If not, I will move to a better position.

Usually, from mid-game and onwards, I find myself getting up close and personal. Despite what certain people recommend on other forums, I think this tank is a great brawler! Track traverse coupled with that crazy gun arc makes it possible to give even a wolfpack of mediums a whopping. 

So, I start out as a sniper, but I'm never afraid to move in and join the brawl. This, on the other hand, is how I like to play most TDs, i.e. very aggressively. 

I would love to hear your feedback and suggestions on the AT 15. 

It's my new favorite TD!

For the record, I'm only 32 battles in, so still a beginner in this tank, but so far I'm at a 68% WR in the AT.

Flavius303 #2 Posted 01 October 2015 - 07:02 PM

Sergeant

• 40608 battles
  • [ECL_]

And now I got the Tortoise. Wow. AT is just an early taste of the real prize.

CrizCJK #3 Posted 06 October 2015 - 08:13 AM

Corporal

• 24529 battles

agree with most of your points on at15, i played it too pretty much same playing style.

adrenaline on at15 is a good choice.

"Life is too short to grind on standard account."

"Always grind on premiums."

"Once you go Blitz you never go sleep."

KHANATIQURREHMAN2015 #4 Posted 18 October 2015 - 12:40 PM

First Lieutenant

• 8731 battles

View PostFlavius303, on 18 September 2015 - 10:21 AM, said:

Hi guys,

I thought I'd start this thread on the AT 15 British TD.

From browsing the other forums (EU, NA, etc.) I've deduced some consensus as to what are the most recommended setups and play styles.

I have yet to find any good advice on consumables, though.

I would also like to know your take on this beast of a TD (subjective, yes, but I kind of love this thing).

Here's what I use, and how I play it.

Research:

I went straight for the 20-pdr Type B Barrel Tier IX gun. This helped me get tracks and (soon) the top engine rather easily.

Mounting the Type B 20-pdr did lead to a change in matchmaking, however. I now see myself ending up in a LOT more Tier X battles.

Not necessarily a problem. This tank can hold its own even in Tier X battles. Just be careful, because weak spots do exist.

Equipment:

Rammer (brings that already amazing RoF to just silly levels)

Vents (overall improvement)

Toolbox

Comment:

As you can tell, I don't plan to hide and spot too much in mine. I do try to snipe when I can, at least early game, but most battles end with me brawling, often against several reds. So, no optics, camo or binocs for me.

Toolbox, because traverse is your friend, and enemies know this. You'll get tracked a lot, and anything bringing repair times down will help you survive (large and small repair kits only help for so long...).

Consumables (and here's where I feel I could use some help):

Large repair kit

Small repair kit

Adrenaline

Comment:

I'm really not sure about the Adrenaline. Maybe it's a stupid choice. Should I go for Engine Power Boost? Will it help? This thing is crazy slow, and I'm not sure +30% would help all that much.

Pudding and tea for more overall improvement on top of the vents?

Ammo:

AP x 34

APCR x 4

HE x 4

Total = 42 rounds of ammo.

Comment:

This is not maximum ammo load (another subject to be discussed perhaps), but I went through my record over 20 or so battles, and have never fired more than max 30 shots in one game, despite the incredibly high RoF, and despite games where I could swear I did nothing but hammering that fire button for a full 7 minutes (minus getting to where the fight was, which probably took two minutes in itself). ;)

I do this with many tanks btw. I like to save credits, but yes, it has happened on occasion that I have run out of ammo, which is very very nooberly of me, I suppose.

Play style:

I usually start by getting into a good sniping position in the early moments of the game, to see where the fight is going, and to let our scouts spot (hopefully) most of enemy movements.

If I can dish out damage and permatrack enemies from this position, I'll stay there. If not, I will move to a better position.

Usually, from mid-game and onwards, I find myself getting up close and personal. Despite what certain people recommend on other forums, I think this tank is a great brawler! Track traverse coupled with that crazy gun arc makes it possible to give even a wolfpack of mediums a whopping. 

So, I start out as a sniper, but I'm never afraid to move in and join the brawl. This, on the other hand, is how I like to play most TDs, i.e. very aggressively. 

I would love to hear your feedback and suggestions on the AT 15. 

It's my new favorite TD!

For the record, I'm only 32 battles in, so still a beginner in this tank, but so far I'm at a 68% WR in the AT.

i carry the shells using the formula: APCR(more shells than HE)+HE(less shells than APCR)=AP

SIMPLe: APCR+HE=AP

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users