Watch where you're going!

tips noobs new players guides

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Chappotato #1 Posted 14 September 2015 - 03:25 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 23328 battles

This may have already been covered under the numerous help threads and topics already in this section of the forums, but as an experienced and regular player I feel this warrants it's own topic given the number of new players out there.

For goodness sake folks, please watch where you're going!!! One of the more frustrating things I see team mates do is get in the way of other team mates! If you're a slower moving heavy or TD the last thing you need is some idiot medium driver not paying attention and cutting him off or bumping him, slowing the progress to those valuable tactical positions.

Even worse is the inconsiderate bumping while aiming to fire. We've all had it happen, there are multiple players lineup waiting for red ones to appear and someone bumps you as you fire, sending that crticial first shot off course and ruining the element of surprise.

So, here are my tips and suggestions for new players when it comes to battlefield courtest/manners;

Light / Medium tanks

1. Give way to Heavy Tanks and TD's, they're slower. This means not cutting them off, bumping into them, stopping to let them through. You've got the pace and mobility to relocate quickly, they don't.
  2. It's all well and good to race around at 50km/h in a wolfpack, but space yourself out, attack in single file if possible, that makes for a smaller target for the opfor to aim at

Heavy Tanks/TD's

1. As above, head to the line / sniping positions in single file if possible - anyone who's served in the military will know the rationale behind this tactic, it presents a smaller target to the enemy. Same goes for Blitz, the less of you exposed the better.
  2. When lining up waiting for opfor, don't try edge out or bump your team mates, your mate's likely lining up a red one. I was a noob myself for a long time and there were many things I did/didn't do that i'm sure annoyed and let down my team, but being bumped while firing has long been my biggest personal pet peeve. Just be aware of what your team are doing...it's not a skill you'll master overnight but the more you can thing about it the more competent your team will be.

It all comes down to battlefield / situational awareness, so keep your eyes open and work together, this will give your team a better chance of winning.

Happy tanking folks

Edited by The_Chappo, 14 September 2015 - 03:26 AM.

Flavius303 #2 Posted 14 September 2015 - 03:51 AM

Sergeant

• 40608 battles
  • [ECL_]

+1 to this!

I would like to add blocking shots and blocking retreats to the above list of things to avoid.

1. Your team mate is aiming, about to take a nice chunk of damage out of the opfor. Do NOT suddenly rush out in front of him, blocking his shot.

2. Never block a team mate's retreat. This happens more often than you'd think, in hull down positions, peeking over ridge and peeking around corner type of situations. You take your shot, and try to avoid getting shot back by rolling backwards, only to have a friendly park RIGHT behind you, making you a sitting duck for the enemy forces to hammer.

Edited by Flavius303, 14 September 2015 - 09:01 AM.

axolotlrose #3 Posted 14 September 2015 - 04:16 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 16152 battles
  • [ST0RM]

View PostFlavius303, on 14 September 2015 - 03:51 AM, said:

+1 to this!

I would like to add blocking shots and blocking retreats to the above list of things to avoid.

1. Your team mate is aiming, about to take a nice chunk of damage out of the opfor. Do NOT suddenly rush out in front of him, blocking his shot.

2. Never block a team mate's retreat. This happens more often than you'd think, in hull down positions, peeking over ridge and peeking around corner type of situations. You take your shot, or try to avoid getting shot, by rolling backwards, only to have a friendly park RIGHT behind you, making you a sitting duck for the enemy forces to hammer.

Yessss. I cannot count how many times point #2 above has happened to me. Drives me nuts.

+1 

Antlion45 #4 Posted 14 September 2015 - 05:02 AM

Corporal

• 17310 battles
  • [MOIST]
Yup agree chappo!

Brendon_2015 #5 Posted 14 September 2015 - 06:48 AM

First Lieutenant

• 15178 battles

O yes, the blocked retreat is a nightmare whenever it happens. However this is more than just new players and should be a reminder to all tiers, as it affects everyone. I had a tier VIII do it to my T-150 today. It cost me 500 hp from a KV-2.....

Happy hunting

Brendon

It's only a scratch, just buff it out. 

Actively working on Tier 9, Conquerer & T54 Tier 8, Indian, ISU 152 & IS 3, Tier 7, Comet, Panther & Tiger 1

JK_STONE #6 Posted 14 September 2015 - 07:23 AM

Captain

• 11540 battles
  • [SH4FT]

If there is only one basic thing that I hope everyone knows is "blocking other's retreat".

It's basically a death sentence for the thin armor TDs.  If I peak out for a shot and not able to get back, in heavy I can angle and take a few hits and in a medium I have the mobility to get to another hiding spot... but in a thin armor TD, I'm basically a FREE XP for the OPFOR.

So if there's only one thing that I wish everyone should know, it would be PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT BLOCK my retreat, Alecto only has 10mm of armor.  Even running into a rock might cause damage!!!!!!

Good luck on the battlefield!

Good luck on the battlefield!

Poklasman #7 Posted 14 September 2015 - 10:30 AM

Corporal

• 3685 battles

Very sensible post.  I hope everyone reads this, not just the newbies.  I've been blocked, both aiming and retreating, by players with more than 5,000 battles.  It is so frustrating.  

And if you are not a TD do not jockey for that top of the hill position, and worse is to nudge a TD in proper position just so that you can take your shot.  This is so annoying.

Nice Chappo!

Flavius303 #8 Posted 14 September 2015 - 10:44 AM

Sergeant

• 40608 battles
  • [ECL_]

I think the nudging and blocking is a result of people staying scoped up in 'sniper mode' for too long. Most of the time it's probably not intentional. They just don't see how close they are getting to you, because they are too focused on getting into a better shooting position, while being fully scoped up. The results are not any less annoying though. 

People would do better if they routinely snapped back to arcade third person mode to look around and get some situational awareness in between shots. 

Attached Files

• Attached File   sa-summary1.png   292.91K

sniper023 #9 Posted 14 September 2015 - 12:01 PM

Corporal

• 4347 battles
  • [WEEEE]
good thinking!!! i want to suggest that everyone paired with other vehicle, one for the forward, one for the backup. just in case that you run into a hetzer or something

enriquezandre999 #10 Posted 19 September 2015 - 05:44 PM

Corporal

• 2574 battles
I think friendly fire is the only way to make people more cautious during driving. Sure it will be harder for new players but it will grant them a better advantage in the future. As far as I know there have been rules on WotBlitz about what happens to you if you start shooting your teammates but I've tried this and so far nothing has happened.

CALVINJJ #11 Posted 19 September 2015 - 06:15 PM

Captain

• 13928 battles

View Postenriquezandre999, on 20 September 2015 - 01:44 AM, said:

I think friendly fire is the only way to make people more cautious during driving. Sure it will be harder for new players but it will grant them a better advantage in the future. As far as I know there have been rules on WotBlitz about what happens to you if you start shooting your teammates but I've tried this and so far nothing has happened.

Friendly fire? So some troller can shoot at us?

Not thx, would prefer without ff

Anger and emotion are strategically counterproductive. You must always stay calm and objective. -Robert Greene,the 48 laws of power-

Flavius303 #12 Posted 19 September 2015 - 07:40 PM

Sergeant

• 40608 battles
  • [ECL_]

View Postenriquezandre999, on 19 September 2015 - 05:44 PM, said:

They tried this. It was in the game before. It was ugly. They took it out.

Also tagged with tips, noobs, new players, guides

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users