• 29203 battles
  • [UQ]

View PostMehliveat, on 09 September 2015 - 03:00 PM, said:

Spoke too soon.

Pz4A just got a big nerf.

HE pen is now only 20!

Edit:

The Hertzer's derp pen is now only 25!

Thanks for the info... Looks like NERFman is in the house again :)

DEPUTY COMMANDER OF "UQ HOLDER!" ||| AUSTRALIA 

If you have any concerns regarding the game or reports of AFK players, send a PM with uncensored evidence and it'll be passed on. :)

3_2_1_R_I_P_xx #22 Posted 22 December 2015 - 04:55 PM

Corporal

• 6594 battles

Thanks for the link, I should have searched before posting.

I'll probably get in trouble posting this in every thread regarding the Hetzer but ...........

The once mighty Hetzer is now junk.

I was reading the notification board prior to the last update and came across proposed changes to the make up of the Hetzer. I purposely closed my eyes and closed out in horror that my beloved, pet Tier 4 tank destroyer would be bastardised in any way shape or form.

could someone excuse my stupidity for not paying it any attention and fill me in on 1. What the hell WG changed 2. Why the hell they changed it. 

I cut my teeth in this tank, it was the tank that got me loving the game, I have my only seven kills in my Hetzer, I considered myself an ace Hetzer commander. In fact I preferred tank destroyers as a whole and had developed a playing style around them (no, not always sniping, you don't get 7 kills in a Hetzer by hiding and sniping).

First I bit my lip and wore the removal of every god damn hill and bush on every god damn map there is, unfair sniping positions WG claimed, that's what TD's do for goodness sake. The reviews rolled in, " ahh great map now, much better, forces you into one on one brawls". Yeah flaming wonderful in your Zippy little medium or impenetrable heavy, meanwhile in my Hetzer, like a mouse in the middle of a basketball court looking for cover that's no longer there, I'm getting pinged by ke chi's and wang dongs left right and centre wondering if they lowered the side armour thickness for the Hetzer to Zero. It hasn't bounced a shot from any direction since the update.

Fair, I can't help thinking WG didn't get that many complaints from whining medium drivers because they didn't see the shot that destroyed them, FAIR, fair, really ? I can picture the look on Hitlers face when opening the letter and reading, " Dear Nazi Dictator. We the allied forces felt it necessary to write to you and voice our concerns over the UNFAIR use of your Hetzer tanks. They keep hiding or use high ground to blow up our nifty little super fast tanks. As a result we will be wiping out every locatable hill, rise, bump, elevated piece of ground or bush we can find so as to level the playing field ( no pun intended ) the bulldozers start Monday, please don't hide behind or up on stuff and shoot them until they have completed this task and we can continue on with a much Fairer war. Yours hatefully, whinging Poms. Hitler, " yeah, scrap the Hetzer, it gives us an unfair advantage and it's frustrating the enemy"

[redacted expletive]Flamming  heck. As Alf Stuart would say.

Edited by Artisto81, 23 December 2015 - 06:45 AM.

Dark_Exile_ #23 Posted 23 December 2015 - 03:00 AM

Captain

• 29203 battles
  • [UQ]

View Post3_2_1_R_I_P_xx, on 23 December 2015 - 03:55 AM, said:

Thanks for the link, I should have searched before posting.

I'll probably get in trouble posting this in every thread regarding the Hetzer but ...........

The once mighty Hetzer is now junk.

I was reading the notification board prior to the last update and came across proposed changes to the make up of the Hetzer. I purposely closed my eyes and closed out in horror that my beloved, pet Tier 4 tank destroyer would be bastardised in any way shape or form.

could someone excuse my stupidity for not paying it any attention and fill me in on 1. What the hell WG changed 2. Why the hell they changed it. 

I cut my teeth in this tank, it was the tank that got me loving the game, I have my only seven kills in my Hetzer, I considered myself an ace Hetzer commander. In fact I preferred tank destroyers as a whole and had developed a playing style around them (no, not always sniping, you don't get 7 kills in a Hetzer by hiding and sniping).

First I bit my lip and wore the removal of every god damn hill and bush on every god damn map there is, unfair sniping positions WG claimed, that's what TD's do for goodness sake. The reviews rolled in, " ahh great map now, much better, forces you into one on one brawls". Yeah flaming wonderful in your Zippy little medium or impenetrable heavy, meanwhile in my Hetzer, like a mouse in the middle of a basketball court looking for cover that's no longer there, I'm getting pinged by ke chi's and wang dongs left right and centre wondering if they lowered the side armour thickness for the Hetzer to Zero. It hasn't bounced a shot from any direction since the update.

Fair, I can't help thinking WG didn't get that many complaints from whining medium drivers because they didn't see the shot that destroyed them, FAIR, fair, really ? I can picture the look on Hitlers face when opening the letter and reading, " Dear Nazi Dictator. We the allied forces felt it necessary to write to you and voice our concerns over the UNFAIR use of your Hetzer tanks. They keep hiding or use high ground to blow up our nifty little super fast tanks. As a result we will be wiping out every locatable hill, rise, bump, elevated piece of ground or bush we can find so as to level the playing field ( no pun intended ) the bulldozers start Monday, please don't hide behind or up on stuff and shoot them until they have completed this task and we can continue on with a much Fairer war. Yours hatefully, whinging Poms.

Hitler, " yeah, scrap the Hetzer, it gives us an unfair advantage and it's frustrating the enemy"

[redacted].

Alright. First of all, the Hetzer was nerfed beause as we all know, it was so manuverable, its derp gun was also so good. For that level of tank at tier 4, it needed a nerf..  Mobility was nerfed alon with gun stats..

The Hetzer is not junk..  Lol but I understand your frustration... I used to love it, now I get COD so much! LOL

In the future, please refrain from using profanities in your posts. ;)

DEPUTY COMMANDER OF "UQ HOLDER!" ||| AUSTRALIA 

If you have any concerns regarding the game or reports of AFK players, send a PM with uncensored evidence and it'll be passed on. :)

3_2_1_R_I_P_xx #24 Posted 23 December 2015 - 04:29 AM

Corporal

• 6594 battles

:BView PostClanBassadoR, on 23 December 2015 - 12:30 PM, said:

Alright. First of all, the Hetzer was nerfed beause as we all know, it was so manuverable, its derp gun was also so good. For that level of tank at tier 4, it needed a nerf..  Mobility was nerfed alon with gun stats..

The Hetzer is not junk..  Lol but I understand your frustration... I used to love it, now I get COD so much! LOL

In the future, please refrain from using profanities in your posts. ;)

it's junk, watch everyone's win rate in drop from 60% plus to 48%, just as WG intended. Hmmm, maybe win rates trigger nerfs?????????? It would be in line with magical 50% "fairness" mark so many seem to hover around no matter what.

Computers hey, marvellous inventions.

Original post edited, profanity re worded. For future reference if I say "Stone the crows" it's got nothing to do with drugs, ok.

Edited by 3_2_1_R_I_P_xx, 23 December 2015 - 04:31 AM.

Babayega_1 #25 Posted 11 January 2016 - 07:53 AM

First Lieutenant

• 21970 battles
  • [ROGUE]
so true...after the update, I stopped clubbing in it...I just tried playing it again a week ago and oh boy of the 5 games, I lost 3 and died in 4 of them, all coz of COD. Worst is that my favorite derp is no longer that derpy...alpha damage done on matilda was an amazing...125! I know its the turret cheek from flank but I used to get like 175 upwards (I know 50 aint that much but if youre life hangs on it then Ill take it anyday!) when I hit Matilda there! Gosh! Now hetz is gonna gather moss and cobwebs and rust until they update it again...:facepalm:

"Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning."

- Erwin Rommel

P_6 #26 Posted 14 January 2016 - 01:01 AM

Sergeant

• 3346 battles

Im using it with the 75mm and have been in COD battles more than once and managed to survive and destroy the A20's and Jap meds. I play from cover and wiggle and angle to bounce shots which I still do. My only complaint is its acceleration and speed.

Im crazy as I like the JP IV too :P

"If the tanks succeed, then victory follows.", Guderian, 1937.

leongkitmeng #27 Posted 14 January 2016 - 01:28 AM

First Lieutenant

• 24907 battles
  • [OM3GA]
Hetzer isn't junk.  My WR on it is still rising.  I'm just 0.02% short of hitting 66% WR on it.  I can still turn fast enough to kill tanks trying to COD me and I don't use the derp gun for faster reload.  TBH, I didn't even know it was nerfed.  I certainly never felt any degrade in performance.

Diamond114 #28 Posted 14 January 2016 - 07:55 AM

Captain

• 16298 battles
  • [408]

To be honest, I played the Hetzer WAAYY before the patch when I just started playing here, and my impression was that while the turn rate was good, it felt a bit too fast for my taste. Also a bit oversensitive as a slight push on the joystick was all it took to start turning

Had a game in Desert Sand where the enemy Covenanter made a mistake of just see-sawing back and forth trying to make me miss a shot. It was my first time dogfighting after the Hetzer nerf, and to my surprise and delight, turn rate was still enough to keep up with the Covenanter and was actually better handling for me; not so jerky like it was. Couple that with my prior experience in the Hetzer before, the guy in the Covent had zip chance against me. Except of course I had the 75mm instead of the 105mm (I never trusted and liked those short howitzers before anyways with the exception of the 152mm. Hated them even more after the HE nerf and basically will never touch dem 75, 105, and 122 howitzers with a 10 foot pole anymore except 152mm of course), and he had his teammate Alecto lobbing HE at my side (prob a 3.7in. Lucky guy). Go figure.

"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN.

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN.

"To be a good fighter pilot, there's only one prime requisite; Think Fast, and Act Faster" - John Trevor Godfrey, 336 Sqn RAF

Diamond114 #29 Posted 14 January 2016 - 07:57 AM

Captain

• 16298 battles
  • [408]
So conclusion: Hetzer still not garbage stat. Unless you plan on dogfighting multiple tanks with 105 thinking still like before it was nerfed

"Fight to fly, fly to fight, FIGHT TO WIN!" - U.S Navy Fighter Weapons School TOPGUN.

"Nothing is right in tactics. A good fighter pilot must be free to propose improvements to his tactics or he will get himself killed." - Cmdr. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, USN.

"To be a good fighter pilot, there's only one prime requisite; Think Fast, and Act Faster" - John Trevor Godfrey, 336 Sqn RAF

leongkitmeng #30 Posted 14 January 2016 - 03:10 PM

First Lieutenant

• 24907 battles
  • [OM3GA]

View PostDiamond114, on 14 January 2016 - 03:57 PM, said:

So conclusion: Hetzer still not garbage stat. Unless you plan on dogfighting multiple tanks with 105 thinking still like before it was nerfed

No freaking way.  I dog fight multiple tanks exactly like that all the time.  U don't sit there and turn on the spot.  You push and turn to circle tanks yourself, shooting one while using others to shield yourself, angling your armor left and right to bounce frontal shots, and killing them one by one.  I never use the derp.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users