How not to rage and crush your device after a losing streak

noob teams rage bad mood Losing streak

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

FoldedCandy3 #61 Posted 23 February 2017 - 05:16 AM

Private

• 15313 battles
  • [WE-]
Interesting! I've been on a losing streak. Just read this post, got in my TD and have been smashing it since. Thanks.

FoldedCandy3 #62 Posted 23 February 2017 - 05:16 AM

Private

• 15313 battles
  • [WE-]
Interesting! I've been on a losing streak. Just read this post, got in my TD and have been smashing it since. Thanks.

FoldedCandy3 #63 Posted 23 February 2017 - 05:17 AM

Private

• 15313 battles
  • [WE-]
Woops

CodeReaperz #64 Posted 24 March 2017 - 02:13 AM

Sergeant

• 20550 battles
  • [BET]
When I lose all games with light or medium tank  then I start playing with low tier heavy tank and that changed my play style, and newbies in low tier makes me relax, after some games I switch again with high tier and that works. LOL :D

B_SaltyMadd #65 Posted 13 May 2017 - 08:09 AM

Captain

• 30286 battles
  • [FEAST]

when you are feeling pretty salty listen to watch this xD

Edited by Maddoxkkm, 13 May 2017 - 08:11 AM.

Leader Of The Union

Council member of Clan Wars Asia (Link to Post)

Developer of SerBot (Discord Stats Bot) & Mod Site MadWoTBMods

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. " ~Winston Churchill

SonderAbteilung #66 Posted 13 May 2017 - 08:24 AM

First Lieutenant

• 50066 battles
  • [ASFOW]

View PostMaddoxkkm, on 13 May 2017 - 05:09 PM, said:

when you are feeling pretty salty listen to watch this xD

:popcorn:

" BRIGADE PIRON"  First Belgian group (1940~1945)

-All Governments Lies...I.F. Stone (1907~89)-

Creighton_Abrams #67 Posted 09 July 2017 - 12:05 PM

First Lieutenant

• 21917 battles
  • [XYZ_1]
Sure, if you are feeling that you're on a loosing streak, its possibly going to be demoralizing and impact your play.  One consideration to make - rather than the original discussion in this thread, is that the loosing streak is intentional - random, just happens and occurs through various forms or a combination of things.  As some players suggest, switch tanks, or tiers up or down...may help, but, if that doesn't work - then your name must be on the today's "hate" list, so give it a rest and find out what else there is to occupy your time until the next day....

Outgunned__Unicum #68 Posted 12 July 2017 - 07:31 AM

Corporal

• 5688 battles
  • [VN-RB]

i did 3k damage, killed 6 enemies, and lost!

but im always in a cheerful mood so that doesn't matter!

just learn to enjoy your life and you won't rage!

"What doesn't kill me should RUN, cause NOW im pissed"

RainbowSword #69 Posted 20 July 2017 - 01:50 AM

Sergeant

• 11980 battles
  • [HK123]

View PostCodeReaperz, on 24 March 2017 - 10:13 AM, said:

When I lose all games with light or medium tank  then I start playing with low tier heavy tank and that changed my play style, and newbies in low tier makes me relax, after some games I switch again with high tier and that works. LOL :D

Are you sure? I play low tiers some times(only when platooning and want some fun) but half of the times I'm against other strong seal clubbers. I'm not saying that seal clubbing cannot make one relax, what I want to tell is some times low tier can make you rage too. Just imagine that you did 1.5k damage in a tier 3 game but lost the game because someone on the enemy team did 1.8k:)

Edited by RainbowSword, 20 July 2017 - 01:51 AM.

Stats Really Do Not Matters!

Don't Let Your Dreams Be Dreams

KiwiDemon #70 Posted 22 July 2017 - 09:57 AM

Private

• 14151 battles
  • [KIWI1]
Awesome post... I just deleted game lol

Creighton_Abrams #71 Posted 18 August 2017 - 01:31 PM

First Lieutenant

• 21917 battles
  • [XYZ_1]

I deleted it too... but Windows 10 update, put it back again. 

Still stand by my claim, that loosing streaks are not random back luck events, though are by design - so as to keep the player glued and potentially resort to splashing out $. The only weakness to that design ,is that players may not have any $ to spend.... so then what ?

abrasol #72 Posted 22 August 2017 - 05:30 AM

Sergeant

• 7328 battles
  • [AUC]

While analogies or comparisons can ILLUSTRATE quite convincingly, they always suck, because they never totally match the comparison. Reminds me a bit the psychological bifurcation of "either it's the others or it is me". As in, when you change your attitude towards the world, it will change (but will it really?)... Most people think it is either or... while mostly it is a combination of factors, including yourself interacting with them. So, what if "tilt" is just a supplementary or annex factor that arises and worsens the loosing strike (possibly). To what degree? That we would not even be able to determine.... Is it the cause of a loosing strike? Probably not, because it would only affect from a certain numbers of loosing strikes that have occurred already. The cause is always what needs to be found in the first place... because if the cause repeats, the course of events would always be difficult to interrupt... 

abrasol #73 Posted 22 August 2017 - 05:49 AM

Sergeant

• 7328 battles
  • [AUC]

Once you accept that this is the reality of the game, everything becomes much easier because it is not really down to you to affect. You lose? It was meant to be. You win? The system let you. There is nothing random about that.

What a relief? Not really... but it was what I always thought....  I believe one of my posts regarding this was deleted. Although I kept it well-mannered and factual. Actually, they give it away when they say that they would "spare" you during the first  "maiden sorties" with the new tank... if they are able to spare you, they are obviously able to shaft you (or anyone else)....

Edited by abrasol, 22 August 2017 - 05:53 AM.

Esh11 #74 Posted 12 September 2017 - 02:05 PM

First Lieutenant

• 36562 battles
  • [NO0BS]
I love my phone so I don't break it .

DEATH STAR FOR LIFE 

" He had a fine flow of language, and his adjectives were very vigorous. He ended a string of abuse by a vicious back-hander which I failed to entirely avoid. The next few minutes were delicious. It was a straight left against a slogging ruffian. I emerged as you see me. Mr. Woodley went home in a cart ".

nikhilsingh1892 #75 Posted 28 October 2017 - 07:35 AM

Corporal

• 38267 battles
  • [GOLD-]
Why doesn't WG takes necessary steps to make wot fair and reasonable instead of expecting us to put up with its BS. I guess they are earning a hefty sum pimping for big corporations. Another example of siphoning off general populace to help those 1 percentile 

Edited by nikhilsingh1892, 28 October 2017 - 07:48 AM.

TrevorT #76 Posted 29 March 2018 - 11:54 PM

Corporal

• 6771 battles
  • [-WS-]

Why should loosing streak happen? You can say shit happens, but this is done on purpose. You will know after the first 30 seconds when enemy spots you easily even you are behind a bush and not moving, your shots are a ricohet or fly off target even your scope covers 70% of enemy tanks. Your hits with lower destruction points, your movement somehow slowed and catches fire easily. These are symptoms that you are in the loosing team.

It is to drain your funds? So that you tend to “buy” funds....

i also realize the gold that was awarded by watching ads, somewhat are being pilfered. I have 16 pcs of gold missing from my last log in.

This is disappointing and kills the greatness of this game....if only it is more fair.

SKd_Amber #77 Posted 04 April 2018 - 04:56 AM

Private

• 6584 battles
if u lost 3-4 battles one after another ,u should really consider taking a break for atleast 10 min play something less competitive or do something els .-.

saklaing #78 Posted 23 April 2018 - 04:19 AM

Corporal

• 23975 battles
  • [LOT]

I'm in no way a great player, but the number of losses due to half the team being able to follow a single plan based around what tanks you have in your team (and then arguing the toss despite the inevitable wipeout...).  So the only answer is not to give a shizzle, or care about your stats, and just enjoy those great games when you are fortunate enough to be in one.

Nothing like watching three lights/meds rush off leaving the four slow TDs left hanging on the other side of the map, knowing that the inevitable 7-zip is on its way.

jun2003_ #79 Posted 25 April 2018 - 10:29 AM

Corporal

• 6978 battles
  • [KR_]

Lol

Edited by fai2003, 28 April 2018 - 04:10 PM.

Mr_eyezac #80 Posted 01 May 2018 - 09:59 AM

Private

• 4257 battles
  • [UI]

After reading some stances, here's my view.

Many players, preferably those with the intention of tryharding and farming damage to win games, tend to rage more because they totally forget the concept of a random matchmaker. A random matchmaker usually means that the outcome of winning to losing is always 50%, while drawing is 0.01% since the tide of the game can always be turned at any time. It will feel good that you do at least 2K damage and win the battle, but do not be alarmed when you do 3K damage and still lose. 

The reason is really simple, there is NO way you can defeat 7 enemies at one go, no matter how good you are, how "OP" your tank is, or how terrible your enemies are (Unless the whole lot of them are AFK or just driving in circles which will never ever happen). Once you understand this concept, do not rage when you do 3K-4K damage and still lose, but simply appreciate and embrace the fact that you're better than your whole team and you're doing 3K-4K damage which is better than 97% of the games in your entire career. 

Now the second fact is when you have a normal team. This means your 7 allies at least do 200 damage and above and they help you to distract the enemies while you scout and shoot, farming damage. Most of the time, when you lose in this situation, the blame should be on you. Before you get triggered, hear me out. The reason is because in most games that "pros" play, their standard would usually be to carry the team, which means they rely on themselves mostly to do the job, not carrying about sharing hitpoints (rarely) or helping to push with your allies who do small but yet effective damage. Hence, when you get this kind of games, you would apply the concept that your whole team is trash and you have to do the work, when you don't. 

So what will happen? Your team basically manage to push through the enemy defences but you still decide to go your own "carry-the-team" way and then end up dying faster than the rest of your team because the enemies manage to isolate you from them. This is the HUGE difference. Many of the times we rage because our interpretation of our teams are messed up. As long as we see someone without a clan or their clan aren't famous enough, we would think they are not good enough or the other way, which is it is easier to dominate them as enemies. But let me tell you this.

The matchmaker is unbiased which means in some games you will get good players and in some you don't, and it is up to you to decide what to do because it is impossible to get all 6 allies to follow you when they do not even know you. As every battle ends, analyse the players you played against and played with, see who performed well and at least try to add them as a friend or remember their clan or generally remember that not all players out in the field are useless. Most of the time we pick the easy road to ragequit but I can tell you, the game will not change for your petty attitude that will not reap any benefit.

In short, change yourself, stop sulking up to your old ways of dealing with losses and start to make friends.

(If any of you think I am unreliable as I only have a 1.6K battles, I can tell you, I have experienced as much as any other player who has 20K battles and I have learnt my lesson and pulled my stats back up. I originally thought ragequitting was my solution but I changed and not only did I pulled my winrate from 67.40% to 68%+ but also improved my overall damage and individual damage on my tanks. It is not impossible, it only works when you make the FIRST step to change)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users