Am I losing it or do I have really really bad luck?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Brendon_2015 #1 Posted 20 August 2015 - 11:58 AM

First Lieutenant

• 15178 battles

I've noticed over the last week that even though I've greatly improved my penetration, kills, survivability, tactics, etc, I'm still on the losing side of battles. Case in point yesterday in one instance I played 27 games for only 8 wins! Even allowing for the odd bad game by myself (yes I've walked into the odd Tier 7 ambush against my Tier 5 tank, I hate TD's), with 6 other players I would have thought the win rate would still be about 50/50. I regularly get over 1000 points penetration, become last man standing, etc, yet still can not work out how to get my win rate to improve. In fact it's actually dropped 1% over the last 5 days and I'm at an absolute lose as to why! (Penetration drops dramatically against the Tier 7 heavies though, often "0", yet I've spent 4-5 minutes hitting them from all angles to everyone else's benefit). I watch Bushka and Ruckus's videos and use any tips they suggest which has seen my skill level rise but again still not winning.

Over the last week I've noticed

MM: unrealistic about 30% of the time (I play Tier 5,  Tier 1 Platoon with my 12 yr old daughter against Tier 2) and as soon as I see the make up of each team you can basically work out who's going to win. Case in point, 1 battle had Red with 4 Heavies and 3 TD's against my team of 1 Heavy, 2 TD's and 4 Meds in a Tier 5-7 match (fort despair). Red carved up green very, very quickly and it was very clear that Green had absolutely no idea what to do against such a formidable force (2x Red heavies were Tier 7) and I'm pretty sure none of the tier 5 Med's could do anything other than annoy the Heavies so in effect it was 7 vs 4.

NB: Strangely I have never seen a situation where the balance has been towards my team. (This annoys me somewhat but hay, life's full of challenges). 

Tactics: Has this changed all of a sudden or are my tactics wrong! Take mines for instance, Med's run up the middle, TD's provide cover, and heavies support Med's. Today I had 3 tier 5-7 matches, yet I was the only one from my team who hit the hill. In all instances I took the hill and was subsequently swamped by Red Mediums whilst my team either flanks to the light house or around the hill, shoots from cap, or simply did nothing. (in one instance 4 of my team went to the light house whilst the other 2 flanked the hill). In all 3 instances we lost heavily.
Fort Malinovka is another one where the Med's charge the hill, with Heavies in support, However I see that more often than not the team spreads out (Med's included) to provide long distance cover to myself and 1 or 2 players supporting me. This may be okay in a tier 4/5 game however driving a Tier 5 Pzr III/IV or straight Pzr IV against Tier 7 opponents is simply making me and my supporting tanks cannon fodder for the opponents 4-5 vehicles coming up the road.
Copperfield: we had 4 TD's 2 Med's and a Heavy, vs 2 Meds, 3 TD's and 2 Heavies (Tier 7) so what do the TD's do on our side, run over to the other side of the map leaving myself and our Heavy to combat them at the crest, (you can see where this is going) anyway our heavy went down firing and I was second to last to go down, almost the entire TD force were steam rolled as I expected them to be. The last had parked up on a ridge and stopped playing!   

For cripes sake Med's are meant to flank! Why why why do players play them if they have them hiding at the back expecting others to be there eyes so they can shoot from a far. This could simply be because of the Tier I play, but if you want to do this why aren't you driving a tank destroyer. I see this and know straight away we're doomed......

From the examples above I'm starting to think why bother supporting the team when no one supports you. In a team game I'm stunned that I'd even consider this, but it's becoming more and more apparent that this seems to be the way to go. I regularly see players who simply sit back whilst you try and do as much damage as possible, only becoming involved when necessary hoping to get easy kills. Invariably these players are picked off at the end and we lose again.

Kills: This really annoys me as I regularly get pipped here as playing Med's I don't find I have a one hit kill, so have to carve them up the smart way. I wouldn't have cared however you're rated on these. 

Non active team members - now this is a real issue. This has really increased a lot where you have a parked up team member, IE: you have the tank ready to go but no player attached to it! I had 5 in a row during the 28 games mentioned above. No wonder we lost them all.

I know there is definitely better players, (I still have to remember pushing the ipad control button harder doesn't make the tank go faster) and alas my fingers aren't as quick as what they use to be. But it still makes no sense why my win rate stats are getting worse, especially when I've continued to improve in all aspects of the game, but it's simply not possible to win it yourself every time.  

So all in all I figure I have to single handedly wipe out all of the opposition to win a game (or do I just have a lot of bad luck). It can't be that hard getting behind the Tier 7 heavies and TD's can it?

Brendon

It's only a scratch, just buff it out. 

Actively working on Tier 9, Conquerer & T54 Tier 8, Indian, ISU 152 & IS 3, Tier 7, Comet, Panther & Tiger 1

JPS_Deathwalker #2 Posted 20 August 2015 - 12:05 PM

Captain

• 15788 battles
Not all mediums are designed to be the ones that are flanking/climbing up hill. It all depends on right place,right time. Relocate when you are going to get spotted/no targets, and push to support your teammates when they need help. However these noobs nowadays just camp at home FOREVER. It is getting so frustrating now.

When you want to succeed as much as you want to live to breathe, then only you will succeed.

The_SnakeEyes #3 Posted 20 August 2015 - 12:20 PM

First Lieutenant

• 23154 battles
  • [SURLY]

Brendon, nothing new here. This is how it always has been in blitz. Team work especially in lower tiers does not exist!

Often there are only two players in a battle...you and your platmate. Find a good plat mate who you click with and rely on each other, focus fire and trade HP together.

Glad that you have been watching Bushka and Ruckus vids, these guys are great. 

Artisto81 #4 Posted 20 August 2015 - 12:23 PM

Captain

• 8231 battles
Nah, never rely on the random team mates unless you knew them........

"In Russia, they say I'm a Pole, in Poland they call me Russian".

“The German army is a machine, and machines can be broken!”— Konstantin Rokossovsky

Brendon_2015 #5 Posted 20 August 2015 - 12:33 PM

First Lieutenant

• 15178 battles
O dear, I need to get my tier 6 tank up and running asap then, and find someone who'll buddy up.

Brendon

Actively working on Tier 9, Conquerer & T54 Tier 8, Indian, ISU 152 & IS 3, Tier 7, Comet, Panther & Tiger 1

index44 #6 Posted 20 August 2015 - 12:51 PM

Sergeant

• 18384 battles
  • [FORCS]

Did it look something like this?

(I've had it for tonight)

"A war is not lost until you consider it lost."

Erich von Manstein

abcrl123 #7 Posted 20 August 2015 - 12:57 PM

First Lieutenant

• 31587 battles
  • [STORM]
Think the kids are out and about so goodbye teamwork!   Anyway it will always help to have a plat buddy.  At the very least its two players working together. One more on your side working to win.  MM is pretty much random, somedays its a 20 game winning streak solo, other days its loss all the way even with the best plats.
'What do you do with a tiger 1 once you caught it?  .... Bring it home and stuff it!'

The_Gaffer #8 Posted 20 August 2015 - 01:03 PM

Captain

• 53798 battles
  • [SHIRE]

I feel the same way my friend. I platooned with my young son in lower tiers a lot, although he has now lost interest in the game. 

Some people will defend the MatchMaker ad nauseum, saying that we're mistaken, it works on weight, etc. I've played enough games to be able to do as you say, know which side will win when MatchMaker throws up those ridiculous match ups, barring the stronger vehicle team being really bad and/or AFK and/or the weaker vehicle team being really good. 

I try to give up the notion that the game should be "fair" in terms of the teams being equally matched but it still bugs me when there are really bad match ups.

have a mission to complete in a tier 6 platoon so please consider teaming up with me if you want to play in tier 6. I am not a great player but I stick with my platoon mate - check my stats if you like. 

"It's the job that's never started as takes longest to finish."

leongkitmeng #9 Posted 20 August 2015 - 02:06 PM

First Lieutenant

• 24907 battles
  • [OM3GA]
Same here.  You would have thought in the long run law of averages should make it 50:50.  Nope.  I tested it once and went 60 games straight.  Lost 40 of them and this was during noobweekend.

destructorCOC #10 Posted 20 August 2015 - 02:11 PM

First Lieutenant

• 5940 battles
Mm does not take count on a tank's type,so if you see 7 td in one team,its normal

People don't change they only get old,

If I let you back in close,will you hurt me?

iB055 #11 Posted 20 August 2015 - 03:53 PM

Captain

• 18594 battles
  • [STORM]

View PostHansVonSchroif, on 20 August 2015 - 01:03 PM, said:

I feel the same way my friend. I platooned with my young son in lower tiers a lot, although he has now lost interest in the game. 

Some people will defend the MatchMaker ad nauseum, saying that we're mistaken, it works on weight, etc. I've played enough games to be able to do as you say, know which side will win when MatchMaker throws up those ridiculous match ups, barring the stronger vehicle team being really bad and/or AFK and/or the weaker vehicle team being really good. 

I try to give up the notion that the game should be "fair" in terms of the teams being equally matched but it still bugs me when there are really bad match ups.

have a mission to complete in a tier 6 platoon so please consider teaming up with me if you want to play in tier 6. I am not a great player but I stick with my platoon mate - check my stats if you like. 

I think wages might want to have a  chat with you about his clan.

Edited by iB055, 20 August 2015 - 03:53 PM.

Brendon_2015 #12 Posted 20 August 2015 - 10:49 PM

First Lieutenant

• 15178 battles

I'll do that Hans once I've got my Tier 6 sorted. I'm happy to platoon with you. Still saving for it though so you may have already completed it by the time I get there. I'm also in the o well it's going to be a very one sided affair, but I'll go down fighting but I just have to shake my head and cringe when you see parked up tanks and tactics destined for failure straight off the bat.

As my daughter reminds me, "it's just a game dad". 

Brendon

SydB #13 Posted 20 August 2015 - 11:50 PM

First Lieutenant

• 10650 battles
  • [STORM]

View Postabcrl123, on 20 August 2015 - 08:57 PM, said:

Think the kids are out and about so goodbye teamwork!   Anyway it will always help to have a plat buddy.  At the very least its two players working together. One more on your side working to win.  MM is pretty much random, somedays its a 20 game winning streak solo, other days its loss all the way even with the best plats.

Teanwork? I have always thought it was 1v7 with some meat shields...

Proud member of Metalstorm Calm before the storm strikes

Mehliveat #14 Posted 21 August 2015 - 12:15 AM

Captain

• 18140 battles
  • [DP]

View PostSydB, on 21 August 2015 - 09:50 AM, said:

Teanwork? I have always thought it was 1v7 with some meat shields...

Meat shields?  I wish.  Some ain't even useful as meat shields.  They either die too fast, or hides all the way at the back.

Dark_Exile_ #15 Posted 21 August 2015 - 01:40 AM

Captain

• 25365 battles
  • [UQ]
No teamwork at low tiers at all..

DEPUTY COMMANDER OF "UQ HOLDER!" ||| AUSTRALIA 

If you have any concerns regarding the game or reports of AFK players, send a PM with uncensored evidence and it'll be passed on. :)

axolotlrose #16 Posted 21 August 2015 - 01:47 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 16152 battles
  • [ST0RM]

View PostClanBassadoR, on 21 August 2015 - 01:40 AM, said:

No teamwork at low tiers at all..

And sometimes not much at high tiers either...

xX_Boo_Xx #17 Posted 21 August 2015 - 01:48 AM

Sergeant

• 10813 battles
yup I have been suffering bad with noob team mates too!  Mind you... I too have bad games as well where you do the wrong thing or the enemy does something new lol.  But the bit that has been really erking me lately... is I have been watching my stats... lose a game and my WR drops by 0.01 but I have to win 2-3 games to move it back up 0.01, so win three and lose three.... and my WR suffers!   That doesn't seem right and drives me nuts. :sceptic:

Dark_Exile_ #18 Posted 21 August 2015 - 01:51 AM

Captain

• 25365 battles
  • [UQ]

View Postaxolotlrose, on 21 August 2015 - 11:47 AM, said:

And sometimes not much at high tiers either...

True, sometimes it seems tier 8 has more teamwork than tier 10

DEPUTY COMMANDER OF "UQ HOLDER!" ||| AUSTRALIA 

If you have any concerns regarding the game or reports of AFK players, send a PM with uncensored evidence and it'll be passed on. :)

CarvinMarvin #19 Posted 21 August 2015 - 02:00 AM

Captain

• 21922 battles

View PostxX_Boo_Xx, on 21 August 2015 - 11:48 AM, said:

yup I have been suffering bad with noob team mates too!  Mind you... I too have bad games as well where you do the wrong thing or the enemy does something new lol.  But the bit that has been really erking me lately... is I have been watching my stats... lose a game and my WR drops by 0.01 but I have to win 2-3 games to move it back up 0.01, so win three and lose three.... and my WR suffers!   That doesn't seem right and drives me nuts. :sceptic:

Or in other words, welcome to maths where you win rate is over 50%.

Fosknow #20 Posted 21 August 2015 - 02:11 AM

Captain

• 45955 battles
  • [-IQ-]
You have to always remember if you are playing alone that it is you vs 13 tanks :-)

Edited by Fosknow, 21 August 2015 - 02:15 AM.

How bold you are from afar.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users