• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

abcrl123 #21 Posted 21 August 2015 - 05:24 AM

First Lieutenant

• 31587 battles
  • [STORM]

View PostPimp_Daddy_XR, on 21 August 2015 - 12:29 PM, said:

Is this your general observation or are you blaming me...? Haha

The forum is only as good as the community's collective contributions.

I'd say most vehicles have been reviewed, 2.0 was generally not buggy, and we're all so fed up with AFKs, there just are not many new things to talk about. 

Lol.  Nah i blame clans for taking away some of the vibrancy.  Vitriol and all, Just a observation.  I wouldn t dare blame the mods.  Thor hammer strikes hard and fast.  OP has a nice new name! 

'What do you do with a tiger 1 once you caught it?  .... Bring it home and stuff it!'

axolotlrose #22 Posted 21 August 2015 - 07:55 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 16152 battles
  • [ST0RM]

View Post_lusor, on 20 August 2015 - 09:47 AM, said:

Did you report the player ?

You understand that you have to submit 2 screenshot from different times during the game. The screens need to prove that the player did not move.  

Did someone in the forum ever spend the effort to report someone for AFK  ?

Translation:

"Just checking whether it's still safe for me to continue AFKing when I don't like the tank line-up that MM gives me."

References:

http://forum.wotblit...3293#entry53293

http://forum.wotblit...-noob-question/

iB055 #23 Posted 21 August 2015 - 07:59 AM

Captain

• 18594 battles
  • [STORM]

View Postaxolotlrose, on 21 August 2015 - 07:55 AM, said:

Translation:

"Just checking whether it's still safe for me to continue AFKing when I don't like the tank line-up that MM gives me."

References:

Oh snap. Shizzle.

Meanist____ #24 Posted 21 August 2015 - 08:15 AM

Sergeant

• 41926 battles
  • [KIWI]
Maybe they should do what the real armed forces would do, strip them of all there medals. Maybe zero there credits that would soon stamp it out.

Meanist____ #25 Posted 21 August 2015 - 08:24 AM

Sergeant

• 41926 battles
  • [KIWI]
I don't think they execute deserters these day otherwise I would have added that Lol.

Poklasman #26 Posted 21 August 2015 - 08:32 AM

Corporal

• 3526 battles

Now I can see myself a possible victim of double whammy.  I have been AFK'ing almost 3 of every 10 battles lately.  Not my intention, but suddenly see my tank stopping although turret can be turned, everyone else stops moving. Everytime I experience this I leave and restart the game.  Lucky if I get back to the game with my tank still alive but in many cases I just got back in the game with a dead tank.  

If I will be reported for going AFK and be penalised, then WG would be doing a gross injustice.  My ping is stable but my tank wouldn't simply move.  Unlike a high ping where my tank either sinks to the ground or flies in the air.  While I hate tanks on my team going AFK, you will hate it more if you find your tank going AFK against your will.

_lusor #27 Posted 21 August 2015 - 09:49 AM

Corporal

• 17111 battles

View Postaxolotlrose, on 21 August 2015 - 07:55 AM, said:

Translation:

References:

Thanks, but your translation is false. You obviously did not read my original question and had to add a offtopic reply to this thread. 

I was originally asking if i can get reported, if  actively drown my tank. This is not the same as  afk.

My post in this thread about the AFK problem was pointing out, that no user will take the effort to prove another player is afk. Therefore the whole afk method from WOT blitz is worthy to discuss.

Thanks for your awsome and excellent participation in the afk topic. Your clearly help raising the level in this forum.

Edited by _lusor, 21 August 2015 - 09:53 AM.

SydB #28 Posted 21 August 2015 - 09:57 AM

First Lieutenant

• 10631 battles
  • [STORM]

_lusor, on 26 May 2015 - 06:53 PM, said;

In this case a just post a "**** matchmaker" and leave the game

View Post_lusor, on 21 August 2015 - 05:49 PM, said:

This is not the same as  afk.

not the same as  afk

not the same as  afk

not the same as afk

:facepalm:

Proud member of Metalstorm Calm before the storm strikes

HydronPrimeSP #29 Posted 21 August 2015 - 10:02 AM

First Lieutenant

• 13367 battles

View PostPimp_Daddy_XR, on 21 August 2015 - 04:29 AM, said:

I'd say most vehicles have been reviewed, 2.0 was generally not buggy, and we're all so fed up with AFKs, there just are not many new things to talk about. 

I have anticipated the possibility that something like this will happen due to clans.

Some activity have been transferred to the clans's own discussion media (own clan forum, own clan messengers, etc).

CarvinMarvin #30 Posted 22 August 2015 - 05:50 AM

Captain

• 21922 battles

View Post_lusor, on 21 August 2015 - 07:49 PM, said:

Thanks, but your translation is false. You obviously did not read my original question and had to add a offtopic reply to this thread. 

I was originally asking if i can get reported, if  actively drown my tank. This is not the same as  afk.

My post in this thread about the AFK problem was pointing out, that no user will take the effort to prove another player is afk. Therefore the whole afk method from WOT blitz is worthy to discuss.

Thanks for your awsome and excellent participation in the afk topic. Your clearly help raising the level in this forum.

I've done it, so I disprove your thesis that no user will take the effort. Fosknow has also stated he has done it, and I'm sure we are not the only two. So thanks for your theory, but you are wrong. Your efforts to raise the level of the forum are appreciated though, so keep trying.

SpawnIscariot #31 Posted 22 August 2015 - 07:10 AM

First Lieutenant

• 33763 battles
  • [STORM]
Aye, as I have previously posted on numerous occasions, if I believe some is deliberately AFK, deliberately drowns themselves, deliberately drives over a cliff to suicide, etc. I have sent WGs Customer Support a ticket.

They are acted upon, maybe not right away but I've always been happy with the result  

The internet is a wonderful thing. When WG have told me action has been taken, I look up the players last game for the next few days and so I am reassured that action has been taken.

I Don't Give A Damn About Your Shoes 

I Want Your SOLES! 

http://media.indiati..._1437118329.jpg

"I do not fear failure. I only fear the slowing up of the engine inside of me which is pounding, saying, Keep going, someone must be on top of the hill, why not you?"

General George S. Patton Jr.-Advice for Mines & Malinovka.

Brendon_2015 #32 Posted 23 August 2015 - 07:37 AM

First Lieutenant

• 15178 battles

Wouldn't the simplest method simply to have a base cap area and if you don't move off it then you get no rewards for it.

If it's a playing tank well then all he has to do is go past that point then they'll be deemed as actual playing vehicles. Once past that point they could then move back into it if they were using it to sniper from.

Brendon

It's only a scratch, just buff it out. 

Actively working on Tier 9, Conquerer & T54 Tier 8, Indian, ISU 152 & IS 3, Tier 7, Comet, Panther & Tiger 1

JK_STONE #33 Posted 24 August 2015 - 03:37 AM

Captain

• 11444 battles
  • [SH4FT]

TBH... I have taken screenshots but never reported AFKs... it's not an easy process because I have to go offline (from the game) to file a ticket, attach two pictures, and 'maybe' this person might get some penalty.

I simply would like to move on and continue enjoying this game, I really don't feel like stopping and reporting AFK while I'm playing.

However, I hope the game itself can provide some sort of 'AFK' alert button for us to click, (move-on to our next battle) instead of this 2 picture snapshot 'during' game (which I'm busy trying to kill additional enemy for the AFKs) and sending it afterwards.

Good luck on the battlefield, and may all game be without AFKs!

Good luck on the battlefield!

Pimp_Daddy_XR #34 Posted 24 August 2015 - 03:47 AM

Captain

• 43190 battles

View PostJK_STONE, on 24 August 2015 - 10:37 AM, said:

TBH... I have taken screenshots but never reported AFKs... it's not an easy process because I have to go offline (from the game) to file a ticket, attach two pictures, and 'maybe' this person might get some penalty.

I simply would like to move on and continue enjoying this game, I really don't feel like stopping and reporting AFK while I'm playing.

However, I hope the game itself can provide some sort of 'AFK' alert button for us to click, (move-on to our next battle) instead of this 2 picture snapshot 'during' game (which I'm busy trying to kill additional enemy for the AFKs) and sending it afterwards.

Good luck on the battlefield, and may all game be without AFKs!

I share your opinion - reporting a player for AFK takes so much effort - and there is no clear information to confirm it will have an effect. I've mentioned to the Mods that this kind of system will lead to apathy amongst conscientious player base, plus AFKing will not be reduced.

Ultimately, the quickest and most practical solution is make AFKing unprofitable (XP/credits). Technical issues will always cause some unlucky people to be affected. In the end, AFKing is AFKing and it affects 6 other players infairly. The point of this OP was really to say, 'why do we still have this issue?' after 1 year of Blitz (andd 3+ years of PC).

Personally I think a quick Ticket function is not a good idea, as i'm sure WG would get bombarded. 

However if replays were available and kept on the server, maybe players could report and give the video replay number, and Mods view the issue...?

"I spent 90% of my money on booze, birds and Blitz. The rest I just squandered" (George Best)

Dr_Jedi #35 Posted 24 August 2015 - 03:57 AM

Captain

• 4196 battles
  • [SH4FT]

I agree with Pimp.

Take out the profit earning, you will kill intentional AFKing.

Only network or IRL issues remain.

It also seems easy to do.

0 damage + 0 distance covered = 0 XP + 0 credits.

simple.

Pimp_Daddy_XR #36 Posted 24 August 2015 - 04:05 AM

Captain

• 43190 battles

I wonder if an anti-AFK penalty system would increase Bot numbers i.e. players just drive around randomly shooting with no intention of trying to play? 

"I spent 90% of my money on booze, birds and Blitz. The rest I just squandered" (George Best)

SpawnIscariot #37 Posted 24 August 2015 - 04:58 AM

First Lieutenant

• 33763 battles
  • [STORM]

View PostPimp_Daddy_XR, on 24 August 2015 - 02:05 PM, said:

I wonder if an anti-AFK penalty system would increase Bot numbers i.e. players just drive around randomly shooting with no intention of trying to play? 

As far as i can figure, Pro-AFKing worked by loading as many-mainly Premium-tanks into battle as quickly as possible before hitting the 'Return to Garage' button ASAP. Often they'd then load into battle with a tank they felt comfortable sealclubbing in, to maximise 'profits', and about 7 minutes later repeat the process.

The removal of the "Return to Garage' option while you're tank is still operational has significantly hurt the Pro-AFKers. They can no longer get the turnover of battles required, in their minds, to make AFKing profitable when they have to wait until the end of every single battle before loading into another one.

Even SuiScouting(YOLOers) and ScubaDiving(Pro-Drowners & Cliffjumpers) takes up some of their 'valuable' time and still only allows them to use one tank at a time. ScubaDivers, however, are usually-though not always- activated by perceived MM persecution.

These, Bots and Pro-Campers,(those who sit motionless in spawn unless directly attacked), can be identified by players witnessing this behaviour by checking their overall stats and the stats of the tank used in battle, taking screenshots of the battle results screens and sending in a ticket to CS.

Taking two screenshots of AFK tanks is one of, not the only, method players can identify and report Pro-AFKers and their idiot relatives. In fact, I'd say it is the worse. It certainly seems the most inefficient. It's not going to affect those who have occasional-and probably even those with regular-connection issues because they're not, individually, going to generate enough reports for sanctions to kick in against them.

Collectively, inadvertent AFKers will generate a lot of tickets, that will need to be processed by CS, with the IGNs added to the 'watchlist'. Bucketloads of them. A truckload compared to the IGNs of the Pro-AFK Crew that truly need to be put on WGs 'watchlist'.

Any system that punishes the motionless will quickly only punish those who AFK through no direct fault of their own. Those who dig "The Liestyle' will quickly work out exactly how little they need to do to avoid sanctions.

I believe, quite strongly obviously, that players do not get the right to whinge about AFK players unless they take on the responsibility to take reasonable steps to see that action is taken against them. Taking 5-10 minutes after a gaming session to send in any tickets necessary seems reasonable enough to me.

Anyway, after all that, up next...

War and Peace: Uncut

I Don't Give A Damn About Your Shoes 

I Want Your SOLES! 

http://media.indiati..._1437118329.jpg

"I do not fear failure. I only fear the slowing up of the engine inside of me which is pounding, saying, Keep going, someone must be on top of the hill, why not you?"

General George S. Patton Jr.-Advice for Mines & Malinovka.

Pimp_Daddy_XR #38 Posted 24 August 2015 - 06:04 AM

Captain

• 43190 battles

Spawn - sorry, not sure I made my point clearly.

My point is that some players, like JK or Fosknow, HAVE taken time to report AFKs (as have I), but see no clear result. Therefore they become apathetic about reporting - its just a waste of time. I think they earnt the right to complain.

So if WG believe the best anti AFK system is player ticketing, WG must not only take action on the tickets but be seen to take action. Otherwise, apathy becomes the norm.

I asked the Mods if they could release stats about Ticketing e.g. '300 AFK tickets in August 2015 - 70 warnings - 15 days of bans'. I don't mean naming any penalised players.

Back to the central point of my OP - its nearly 2.1 and I'm not aware it will introduce a formal anti AFK system. So basically WG are relying on Ticketing, which is inefficient and unfair to good players who have to spend their time reporting. AFK is a common problem everyday - fundamentally AFK players are to blame - but after so long, WG has to take responsibility for not resolving a flaw in the product.

Edited by Pimp_Daddy_XR, 24 August 2015 - 06:12 AM.

fonblets #39 Posted 24 August 2015 - 06:25 AM

Corporal

• 12264 battles
  • [SMRT]
how they "afk" actually? is there any modded or they just click battle and sit back watch movie while others player go war?

Pimp_Daddy_XR #40 Posted 24 August 2015 - 06:29 AM

Captain

• 43190 battles

Deliberate AFK - yes. 

Previously they could just exit the battle immediately.

I doubt they sit and watch all AFK games. Sad enough to AFK, but just how boring a life do you have to have to watch 100s of deliberate AFK games??

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users