Dicker Max - Unsurvivable?

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

2nd_violation2004855884 #41 Posted 11 October 2015 - 11:35 PM

Sergeant

• 14051 battles

View PostP_6, on 11 October 2015 - 07:08 PM, said:

I'd really appreciate it if you could give me some pointers on how you mean 'strange places' Only place I have had success is on Castilla map sniping from corner as tanks come down road at distance. :)

Due to the insane gun depression, you can go to places where other tanks can't hull down. 

There are too many places you can do this. Find a place near your team, a place with slop and a bit bushes; Pop a shot and return. The opponent have very limited time window to shoot you if they are focusing on your teammates.

Remember to retreat after each shot, your reload is long. Don't let the enemy see you for too long.

P_6 #42 Posted 12 October 2015 - 12:29 AM

Sergeant

• 3346 battles

View Postrosefcukemotion, on 12 October 2015 - 11:35 AM, said:

Due to the insane gun depression, you can go to places where other tanks can't hull down. 

There are too many places you can do this. Find a place near your team, a place with slop and a bit bushes; Pop a shot and return. The opponent have very limited time window to shoot you if they are focusing on your teammates.

Remember to retreat after each shot, your reload is long. Don't let the enemy see you for too long.

Thanks a lot for these pointers, now you spell it out to me I know of lots of places like this on many maps. Thanks again for your help :)

"If the tanks succeed, then victory follows.", Guderian, 1937.

2nd_violation2004855884 #43 Posted 12 October 2015 - 01:00 AM

Sergeant

• 14051 battles

View PostP_6, on 12 October 2015 - 12:29 AM, said:

Thanks a lot for these pointers, now you spell it out to me I know of lots of places like this on many maps. Thanks again for your help :)

welcome. 

Get a few 3K damage games and you will love the credits you get from this tank. 

I recall a 4K damage game with 100K credit once. That was exciting.

nicholasaudy #44 Posted 01 May 2016 - 02:13 PM

Corporal

• 13268 battles
  • [RIG]

View PostP_6, on 04 August 2015 - 09:51 PM, said:

Lol I dont think its a match for any vehicle :(

Trust me, that dicker max of yours can destroy my AT-8 easily. My tank is a friggin joke.

hirakiDFM #45 Posted 13 June 2016 - 11:57 AM

Corporal

• 15439 battles
  • [AUP]

View PostP_6, on 04 August 2015 - 07:06 AM, said:

Hi there fairly new to the game and had most of my enjoyable success in the Marder II. I play the classic TD role of find cover, hide, snipe etc. But I cannot get a handle on the Dicker Max. it is slow and large and only had success in Middleburg and the odd Rockfield game. has anyone used this enough to feel comfortable at getting a good game of it?

Cheers Peter

The dicker max game style can be applied to other tank types if you are to play it, of course the play style is only for tanks that have good gun depression. To start, i have own a dicker max and i do manage to win games if you know the right tactics. Comparing its stats to other tier 6 td in the tech tree and also to the su 100y box tank, the hp seems ok but armour is bad, could be worse than tier 5 tank. The advantages of this tank is its gun, view range and hull traverse speed.

The gun, .36 dispersion with 2.1 aim time and a max pen of 284 ( counting its apcr ofcos ) is a fair deal at tier 6 and its alpha dmg role is quite good, most of the time i get is 300plus ( max dmg is up to 388 ). view range of 250 is good and is recommended to use binocular telescope to give yourself a edge over the rest due to your poor armour and big size. Speaking of big size, camp bush is a must since u will most likely want to not get spotted, bush is your best friend follow by team mates. Your hull traverse can keep u alive if u have to CQB ( close quarter combat ). Best tip is to ALWAYS HULL DOWN whenever possible as it will reduce the chances of you getting hit ( remember you have 10 degrees of gun depression so use it wisely ) or play range games with your enemies. 

Thats it for all i can think of and checking with the dicker max in my garage. Hope it is helpful to you. Cya!

Babayega_1 #46 Posted 02 August 2016 - 05:42 AM

First Lieutenant

• 22086 battles
  • [ROGUE]
Not on the new maps its not...with all the flattened out maps lately..TDs may it be a dickie max or or jgpanther can get away with it. LTs can reach them fast and make them pay for the damage they dealt to the team. Unless they put up a new more TD friendly map (huge with good elevated areas) then you or I can only hope for the best every game.

"Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning."

- Erwin Rommel

Repuplic_Thunderstreak #47 Posted 22 March 2017 - 04:57 AM

Sergeant

• 34880 battles
  • [_IR_]

View PostDark_Exile_, on 04 August 2015 - 10:39 AM, said:

It's got bad armour, but 10.5cm is good

Peek a boom. Stick with allies, wait for enemies to shoot your allies then peek over the ridge, make that high alpha shot count using your -15 gun depressions and back down again. Never rush without allies. Never get within 200 meters if there is no hill to peek a boom over. 
The best player in the Jagdtiger by far.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users