Jpanther II

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

abcrl123 #1 Posted 28 July 2015 - 12:38 AM

First Lieutenant

• 31589 battles
  • [STORM]
Ok i know some of u guys have driven this TD for a few games already.  On my way there slowly but surely.  So question is whats it like?  Slow? Heavy? Ponderous?  Or more of the lightness like the jpanther?  Top gun seems to do a lot of damage. 
'What do you do with a tiger 1 once you caught it?  .... Bring it home and stuff it!'

Pimp_Daddy_XR #2 Posted 28 July 2015 - 03:42 AM

Captain

• 43995 battles

It seems mobile and nice alpha, ok ROF.

But gets penned easily and really needs the reticle to be settled - I had quite a few ghost shells (fire but no shell goes at the target) first day of the update. Traverse feels abit limited, but i've played the AT15 alot recently. 

I'm struggling abit, but that might be because I only play it 1-2 games at a time. Probably fairer to give it a long run. Seems to have potential. Looks cool as well.

"I spent 90% of my money on booze, birds and Blitz. The rest I just squandered" (George Best)

abcrl123 #3 Posted 28 July 2015 - 04:02 AM

First Lieutenant

• 31589 battles
  • [STORM]
Right thanks Pimp.  I was wondering if it gets penned easily like the jpanther.  I love the looks too but seems very flat sided so no armor to speak off. 
'What do you do with a tiger 1 once you caught it?  .... Bring it home and stuff it!'

Pimp_Daddy_XR #4 Posted 28 July 2015 - 04:35 AM

Captain

• 43995 battles

View Postabcrl123, on 28 July 2015 - 11:02 AM, said:

Right thanks Pimp.  I was wondering if it gets penned easily like the jpanther.  I love the looks too but seems very flat sided so no armor to speak off. 

I was hoping those angles would give it greater effective armour but it seems easy to hit, just like the Churchill Cigar Carrier.

I haven't reviewed its stats at all or played it thoroughly - looks good, seems like it should be good, but my results have been low.

48ton mentioned in a vid he was looking forward to it (I assume from PC). So hopefully he'll make a vid which will help us all..!

"I spent 90% of my money on booze, birds and Blitz. The rest I just squandered" (George Best)

HexsteR #5 Posted 28 July 2015 - 10:48 AM

Sergeant

• 4388 battles
I played this tank on my father's account... So far averaging 1.8k damage per game. The gun has a good ROF but the traverse speed sucks. Straight line speed is ok... Faster than ferdi but armor isnt fantastic. Get ready for tier 6 able to pen your hull. Only way to succeed is to hull down but that might not work against higher tiers. Use that speed to switch plays and support ur teamates and im sure it will be an awesome tenk

HexsteR will be your worse nightmare.

Proud member of Strategic Haplomachy Asian Forum Tankers (SHAFT).

Ruskie Bias of Stalin Konfirmeded.

JeanneThiccWaifu #6 Posted 28 July 2015 - 01:16 PM

Captain

• 27731 battles
  • [FEAST]

View PostPimp_Daddy_XR, on 28 July 2015 - 10:42 AM, said:

I'm struggling abit, but that might be because I only play it 1-2 games at a time. Probably fairer to give it a long run. Seems to have potential. Looks cool as well.

Did you already maxed it pimp?? I'm struggle with The stock gun. The mobility at least allow me to flank but it's just seems weird for me to flank without Turret.,

Just.,Just  Play Fallout., this gaem succ balls

Maverickdh #7 Posted 02 August 2015 - 11:03 PM

Captain

• 59288 battles
  • [BEAST]

JPanther 2 WOTB

Just got this last night, played a few games as Ping was so bad so TDs were about the only tank I could acutally shoot anything with so lag was not as effective so bad last night and today, little over 10.5k players online at the time on the SG server!

As far as TDs go, I really enjoyed the Stug at the time, the flat Panzer afterwards was a real nightmare for me,  but my WR wasnt bad 50 something percent, but the JPanther 1 is so much fun, sometimes its tough if Numpty teams dont support well, but I enjoy it and it's a good credit earner! 

You can frontline snipe and move around the battlefield well, so thats my TD background, not my preferred tanks, but something different when ya get a bit tired or start playing like a numpty, wash repeat and go back after TD works for me.

JPanther 2

NOW yesterday I got the Jpanther2, I was really looking fwd to this tank as a TD after watching Bushkas vid!!

As usual thats no gureentee you can play like him, be nice, but some of us a mere mortals!

So taking a leaf from Bushka again, bill in mail, stats of my setup currently,

I only have the 105mm at mo, some 40k away from upgrade to the PAK 128,

std track, need another 16k to get top track and suspension! 75% crew, sub choco for crew ex, track repairs x2, run Vents, Rammer, maybe Vert Stab, not sure yet if cammo net is worth it with this profile, need to research cammo rating link site

Impressions for me! 

I will start with the gun most important peace on a TD for me again! This is your armour and defence imo! The 105 is great on the JPanther 1! 

GUN:

Its a NIGHTMARE on the JPanther2! 

Now Ive seen others with this tank do awesome damage with this tank in all its teir matchmaking, so can only assume they are using the 128mm PAK, the 105 is dog crap period!

Esp against tier 8heavies, be lucky to pen them, yet on the JP1 Ive taken down IS3s through the front so wtf wotb!  

ROF is slow but not T30 dog terribale nerfed yet to dog poo status yet, depression, I havent yet had enough time in her (I call her Suzy) reminds me of an ex that should pack a punch sort of hot, but was a real let down when it came down to it! 

So depression, Im not depressed with it yet as I dont have the experience in her yet to tell, but will report back!

Again your RNG screws me over, I have a bit of an issue with RNG gods at the moment!  

So gun is rat shite at 105mm so if you are not using gold and free XP to go full upgrade from the start like me you will be having a real tough grind to that 128mm, god help me! 

MOBILITY: 

Even with the stock carry over from the Tier 7 JPanther the mobility and speed around battlefield is not bad, certainly not a grind and wont hurt you, it's a joy to drive and feels quite cool, so with the full suspenion tracks she will be a beast to follow up in and provide second tier support to the heavies and Meds, its not Bushka fast like the vid, but as good as most if not better. 

SHOULD You get the JPanther2.

For me yes, just hope the upgraded gun is worth it to enjoy this tank, but as like PIMP says you don't have JagTiger armour bouncing capability, I have bounced a Tiger2 and IS6 angling but successive hits took me out, 2 on one! so I dunno, seems to get hammered pretty easy, so you need that gun to get hits in and damage in first, so for me its always up to you, these are my experiences yours may vary, so only you can tell in the end, grinding is always tough, some tier 8s above are worse, lastly I will add unlike the JPanther 1 this baby will cost you credits, it eats it up, without using gold, what I love about the JP1 is it easily makes you credits and is super fun for a TD! 

Cheers for listening if you read all this baloney, Kirk out, 

cheers Mav

Ps: Heres a wee didy, in Castilla we had four yes four TankDestroyers, we went scouting while the rest of the team went to camp hill around the back between the two Spawn areas, we won this game, but I thought it was funny 4 Tds on safari together! 

Me in my JPanther 2, a JPanther1, a JagTiger. a T30.

Posted Image

Also WOTB, please sort out this darn editor its a nightmare to use on Ipad!!

Edited by Maverickdh, 02 August 2015 - 11:27 PM.

kiwi4269 #8 Posted 03 August 2015 - 08:56 AM

Private

• 3994 battles
  • [TAB]

Hello abcrl123, I have to admit the JPanther II is a Hard tank to get the hang of on the battle field. But I have come to get the hang of it slowly. I am still only on the stock gun so i may not be much help for the upgraded one but here is what I do.

If you angle your Armour towards your enemy e.g. Your enemy is in front of you Hide your lower plate behind a hill or building and face the right/Left front corner at your enemy you will bounce so many more shells than before.

To use the weaker gun just go for the low teir mediums and TD because you can't pen any of the Heavies front on. you can deal with them better from behind. but just play it easy and steady till you get the hang of it.

Thanks

abcrl123 #9 Posted 04 August 2015 - 12:52 PM

First Lieutenant

• 31589 battles
  • [STORM]

View Postkiwi4269, on 03 August 2015 - 04:56 PM, said:

Hello abcrl123, I have to admit the JPanther II is a Hard tank to get the hang of on the battle field. But I have come to get the hang of it slowly. I am still only on the stock gun so i may not be much help for the upgraded one but here is what I do.

If you angle your Armour towards your enemy e.g. Your enemy is in front of you Hide your lower plate behind a hill or building and face the right/Left front corner at your enemy you will bounce so many more shells than before.

To use the weaker gun just go for the low teir mediums and TD because you can't pen any of the Heavies front on. you can deal with them better from behind. but just play it easy and steady till you get the hang of it.

Thanks

Thanks kiwi.  Good to know from your experience with it.  I have actually just unlocked it but waiting to get enough credits to purchase.  I will just have to grind it from stock as i am saving the free xp for important upgrades to my other tank lines. What stock gun is that?  The 105mm?  I guess some prammo is the order of the day for higher tier opfor.  Hopefully its camo values are good enough for most maps.  

abcrl123 #10 Posted 04 August 2015 - 12:58 PM

First Lieutenant

• 31589 battles
  • [STORM]

View PostMaverickdh, on 03 August 2015 - 07:03 AM, said:

JPanther 2 WOTB

Just got this last night, played a few games as Ping was so bad so TDs were about the only tank I could acutally shoot anything with so lag was not as effective so bad last night and today, little over 10.5k players online at the time on the SG server!

As far as TDs go, I really enjoyed the Stug at the time, the flat Panzer afterwards was a real nightmare for me,  but my WR wasnt bad 50 something percent, but the JPanther 1 is so much fun, sometimes its tough if Numpty teams dont support well, but I enjoy it and it's a good credit earner! 

You can frontline snipe and move around the battlefield well, so thats my TD background, not my preferred tanks, but something different when ya get a bit tired or start playing like a numpty, wash repeat and go back after TD works for me.

JPanther 2

NOW yesterday I got the Jpanther2, I was really looking fwd to this tank as a TD after watching Bushkas vid!!

As usual thats no gureentee you can play like him, be nice, but some of us a mere mortals!

So taking a leaf from Bushka again, bill in mail, stats of my setup currently,

I only have the 105mm at mo, some 40k away from upgrade to the PAK 128,

std track, need another 16k to get top track and suspension! 75% crew, sub choco for crew ex, track repairs x2, run Vents, Rammer, maybe Vert Stab, not sure yet if cammo net is worth it with this profile, need to research cammo rating link site

Impressions for me! 

I will start with the gun most important peace on a TD for me again! This is your armour and defence imo! The 105 is great on the JPanther 1! 

GUN:

Its a NIGHTMARE on the JPanther2! 

Now Ive seen others with this tank do awesome damage with this tank in all its teir matchmaking, so can only assume they are using the 128mm PAK, the 105 is dog crap period!

Esp against tier 8heavies, be lucky to pen them, yet on the JP1 Ive taken down IS3s through the front so wtf wotb!  

ROF is slow but not T30 dog terribale nerfed yet to dog poo status yet, depression, I havent yet had enough time in her (I call her Suzy) reminds me of an ex that should pack a punch sort of hot, but was a real let down when it came down to it! 

So depression, Im not depressed with it yet as I dont have the experience in her yet to tell, but will report back!

Again your RNG screws me over, I have a bit of an issue with RNG gods at the moment!  

So gun is rat shite at 105mm so if you are not using gold and free XP to go full upgrade from the start like me you will be having a real tough grind to that 128mm, god help me! 

MOBILITY: 

Even with the stock carry over from the Tier 7 JPanther the mobility and speed around battlefield is not bad, certainly not a grind and wont hurt you, it's a joy to drive and feels quite cool, so with the full suspenion tracks she will be a beast to follow up in and provide second tier support to the heavies and Meds, its not Bushka fast like the vid, but as good as most if not better. 

SHOULD You get the JPanther2.

For me yes, just hope the upgraded gun is worth it to enjoy this tank, but as like PIMP says you don't have JagTiger armour bouncing capability, I have bounced a Tiger2 and IS6 angling but successive hits took me out, 2 on one! so I dunno, seems to get hammered pretty easy, so you need that gun to get hits in and damage in first, so for me its always up to you, these are my experiences yours may vary, so only you can tell in the end, grinding is always tough, some tier 8s above are worse, lastly I will add unlike the JPanther 1 this baby will cost you credits, it eats it up, without using gold, what I love about the JP1 is it easily makes you credits and is super fun for a TD! 

Cheers for listening if you read all this baloney, Kirk out, 

cheers Mav

Also WOTB, please sort out this darn editor its a nightmare to use on Ipad!!

Thanks for the write up Mav d.  Appreciate the time taken to reply and i kinda get an idea what it will be like to drive this TD around.  Am assuming this is used mainly as assault gun than a sniper.  But like the jpanther you need to keep some distance from the front line. 

Maverickdh #11 Posted 07 August 2015 - 08:50 PM

Captain

• 59288 battles
  • [BEAST]

EView Postabcrl123, on 05 August 2015 - 12:58 AM, said:

Thanks for the write up Mav d.  Appreciate the time taken to reply and i kinda get an idea what it will be like to drive this TD around.  Am assuming this is used mainly as assault gun than a sniper.  But like the jpanther you need to keep some distance from the front line. 

yes and no, of you can hull down, use a car, logs, hill slope, u can be in the thick of it, if you just stay back mostly, the good teams and better players will focus fire your your lower and upper glacis which is paper thin. So you have to just position well based on the random players you have around you where your line is going and what the maps strengths are to the tanks strength, if you can hull down, angle or Jink a shot you will be effective and very effective if supported, esp once you unlock the 12" Pak! You coudl use sny TD style but this would be a waste, for ex this is a good strat, say you are in Desert Sands you can climb up high, provide suppression fire, if spotted move to the flank or section which needs support very wuickly amd re-inforce them, or if meds in trouble or low on fire power, eg less Meds than op, you can flank with them and use shock and awe tactics when the en comes roud the trench expecting meds, you smack them with that 128cm PAk, track them first with HE then focus fire them ,boom M46 gone or T54 for example its beautiful:great:

Maverickdh #12 Posted 07 August 2015 - 09:20 PM

Captain

• 59288 battles
  • [BEAST]

So update on my thoughts on the JPanther2!

A few days back I unlocked the 12.8cm Pak, was really looking fwd to it, its been a hard grind with the

105cm, not unplayable but tough, esp in tier 9 and def in tier 10 games, just no penetration and I was getting one shot from full health at distance, cause Id find a usual Td spot hope distance camo would hide me and snipe support what I could. But even Heavies were smacking me unseen! :facepalm: Tier 8 you can hold your own, but you arent as fearsome! 

So unlock the 12.8cm asap!

First game was in a platoon with my ole mucker Rollsy, we in game room lounge in the Joey and Chandler Lazeboys setup, yeahaa right, NO, Rollys is as unpredictable as the randoms in the game lol, love ya bro, but wish ya would stay with ya wingman;)  anyways first shot was donked! Then I gets killed, thanx bro, lets go again, better but not by much we lose again and then again, Im thinkng wtf this gun is worse, but dont worry it was me! It is different and takes a game or too to get used to, dont just spam because u now have the big gun! 

So next day, get my mojo back, and we start getting this big fast girl rolling, and start wacking up wins and damage, still need to play it well, ideally of up in vanguard have good support, but the gun really does do damage and puts some fear into the enemy at 8, 9 tier atleast. So I have done some good damage consistently in the last few days of noob fest.

If top of MM I try to lead, support,  if lower down, keep situational awareness as high as possible go support we flanks or parts of line, utilise my speed and mobility! Example below, this morning I unlocked the tracks as well for extra mobility, hard to tell as first up in Winter Mal!

I think I was second top tier tank in team, they had some good tanks, even in a TD, I called to go to mill, new what I wanted to do, charged up the long straight to the mill, beat everyone inclu the enemy, right side of Mill but not close to edge overlooking base to get sniped by en spawn hill sites but enough to get my gun depression on the en if they were approaching, they were, IS, Comet, Tiger2 Pershing, etc, I popped a cap into the IS they were half way up the straight just coming over the mid hump, stopped theyre advance in there tracks, this was exactly what I was hoping, they were not expecting to see a TD theyre first let alone that quick and before them and theyre meds, they had a T54 as well in group!

So we kept strafing them and routed their butts, the rest retreated to town and base, and I mopped up, got damage in to what ever popped up, this is what this tank is good for, say compared to the Ferdinand, it can be an extra Heavy, a extra Med, and extra TD, you wont always get it right, its the nature of the randomness and also just better play by others sometimes, but the big gun really can impact more when u do go to the front, so don't waste its capabilities camping, that maybe a good inital start place depending on the map, look at the team match ups, understand your maps and where it needs to be controlled, try to influence the team, great if they recognise that and do execute you will be in for a treat with this tank, it almost combines all three tank lines in one tank when thst happens!  

What I would like, more frontal armour! But hey if that was at exlense of the other capabilities then, Id stay as is now, it makes it a dynamic TD, tank to play, it looks so cool, drives like all German tanks really nice, I love the look of the rear exhaust ports, shes a wee beast!  

Posted Image

Posted Image.  

Some other good games from last night! Back to back, 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Maverickdh, 07 August 2015 - 10:07 PM.

CarvinMarvin #13 Posted 07 August 2015 - 10:00 PM

Captain

• 22631 battles

Mav. It isn't 128cm, it is 12.8cm.

A 128cm gun would be the biggest gun ever made.

Maverickdh #14 Posted 07 August 2015 - 10:05 PM

Captain

• 59288 battles
  • [BEAST]

View PostCarvinMarvin, on 08 August 2015 - 10:00 AM, said:

Mav. It isn't 128cm, it is 12.8cm.

A 128cm gun would be the biggest gun ever made.

;)

thanks for picking up, cheers, fix this dam editor. Its a nightmare on ipad pse, more time editing than typing, even from word kt gets changed when pasted!

Edited by Maverickdh, 07 August 2015 - 10:06 PM.

abcrl123 #15 Posted 08 August 2015 - 01:49 AM

First Lieutenant

• 31589 battles
  • [STORM]
Cheers Mavd,  yeah i have been wondering if its a big difference with that 128mm. So i guess i would be also saving up some free xp to get to the large gun asap.  What you describe is about the way i play the jpanther but with some caveats.  With the lack of armor, I cannot be right in front unless i have cover or heavy support.  Bushes trees whatever is gd enough once camo resets, otherwise I am one or two shots from knocking on heavens door.  I have been observing the unicums play the j2 and the big difference seems to be its mobility.  So i will do likewise as i can see that is its effectiveness.  N4x-toby did a great demo when he was on my team the other day. Popping up over the short ridges in oasis palms to get the opfor clustered in town.  Most of them had no idea as he reset capmo each time before coming up again.  Takes patience and timing.  

Edited by abcrl123, 08 August 2015 - 01:50 AM.

CarvinMarvin #16 Posted 08 August 2015 - 11:23 AM

Captain

• 22631 battles

View PostMaverickdh, on 08 August 2015 - 08:05 AM, said:

;)

thanks for picking up, cheers, fix this dam editor. Its a nightmare on ipad pse, more time editing than typing, even from word kt gets changed when pasted!

Should I mention you now have a 105cm gun upgrading to 12.8cm. :hiding:

JeanneThiccWaifu #17 Posted 09 August 2015 - 09:03 AM

Captain

• 27731 battles
  • [FEAST]
Dayum Mav., If only i Have that 12.8 cm PaK L/44 my life will be a lot more easier since. I'm still stuck with underwhelming 10.5 cm PaK

Edited by Wraith598, 09 August 2015 - 09:04 AM.

CarvinMarvin #18 Posted 09 August 2015 - 11:55 AM

Captain

• 22631 battles

View PostWraith598, on 09 August 2015 - 07:03 PM, said:

Dayum Mav., If only i Have that 12.8 cm PaK L/44 my life will be a lot more easier since. I'm still stuck with underwhelming 10.5 cm PaK

I got the 12.8cm gun from the Ferdie grind, so I will only be short the tracks when I finally get around to playing the JP2 from it being elite.

Maverickdh #19 Posted 14 August 2015 - 01:49 AM

Captain

• 59288 battles
  • [BEAST]

View PostWraith598, on 09 August 2015 - 09:03 PM, said:

Haha, how far you got to go?

Dont worry been theyre and now toughing it out in a stock E50 hardly fun, you will love the big gun, when the team protects the flanks you can go to town in this thing, chasing up meds and heavies in support or front line and do some damage, just have to watch your hull as ya know easily penned! But the big gun helps, you can make em back off pretty quick lo

Posted Image

Edited by Maverickdh, 14 August 2015 - 01:51 AM.

JeanneThiccWaifu #20 Posted 19 August 2015 - 10:20 PM

Captain

• 27731 battles
  • [FEAST]

View PostMaverickdh, on 14 August 2015 - 08:49 AM, said:

Haha, how far you got to go?

Dont worry been theyre and now toughing it out in a stock E50 hardly fun, you will love the big gun, when the team protects the flanks you can go to town in this thing, chasing up meds and heavies in support or front line and do some damage, just have to watch your hull as ya know easily penned! But the big gun helps, you can make em back off pretty quick lo

I feel there's a huge gap between 105mm and 128mm., 128mm PaK L/44 make the Jpanther II absolute terror to lower tier and Force to.be reckon with for upper Tier., And making sniper role much more fulfilling., and better at brawling than 105mm., now i can even brawl some IS-3 if i need to., sometimes i found hulldown difficult since Jpanther II lack of Gun depression 

Edited by Wraith598, 19 August 2015 - 10:21 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users