Jpanther BLOWS! (in a reeeeally bad way)

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

JeanneThiccWaifu #21 Posted 24 June 2015 - 02:02 PM

Captain

• 27731 battles
  • [FEAST]
I found sniping in Jpanther difficult because low camo value.,and many TD's is team dependent.,thus limiting it's performance.,but Alpha and Pen is always come in handy.,btw Calvin., is Ferdinand that bad??? I'm started to afraid contiuing German TD line.,

Just.,Just  Play Fallout., this gaem succ balls

CALVINJJ #22 Posted 24 June 2015 - 02:20 PM

Captain

• 13928 battles

View PostWraith598, on 24 June 2015 - 10:02 PM, said:

I found sniping in Jpanther difficult because low camo value.,and many TD's is team dependent.,thus limiting it's performance.,but Alpha and Pen is always come in handy.,btw Calvin., is Ferdinand that bad??? I'm started to afraid contiuing German TD line.,

Personally hate it because ofthe horrible speed it has(and lack of armor in some sense

unless you hide the weak armor,but I still hate it very much because can't hull down well

While Jg tig is good with hull down

Edited by CALVINJJ, 24 June 2015 - 02:23 PM.

Anger and emotion are strategically counterproductive. You must always stay calm and objective. -Robert Greene,the 48 laws of power-

JeanneThiccWaifu #23 Posted 24 June 2015 - 10:38 PM

Captain

• 27731 battles
  • [FEAST]

View PostCALVINJJ, on 24 June 2015 - 09:20 PM, said:

Personally hate it because ofthe horrible speed it has(and lack of armor in some sense

unless you hide the weak armor,but I still hate it very much because can't hull down well

While Jg tig is good with hull down

Let me see., Weak Armour check, Stock 105mm check.,Slow Speed check.,no camo check., oh well this going to be one of my bloodiest grind,why german engineers didn't made the frontal 200mm of armour slightly sloped instead of plain vertical.

CALVINJJ #24 Posted 25 June 2015 - 05:35 AM

Captain

• 13928 battles

View PostWraith598, on 25 June 2015 - 06:38 AM, said:

Let me see., Weak Armour check, Stock 105mm check.,Slow Speed check.,no camo check., oh well this going to be one of my bloodiest grind,why german engineers didn't made the frontal 200mm of armour slightly sloped instead of plain vertical.

But well, it have much more ability to be frontline with heavy

just need to hide that weak armor(have some building/(any thing big enough))

but still personally I hate it

Anger and emotion are strategically counterproductive. You must always stay calm and objective. -Robert Greene,the 48 laws of power-

JeanneThiccWaifu #25 Posted 25 June 2015 - 09:21 AM

Captain

• 27731 battles
  • [FEAST]

View PostCALVINJJ, on 25 June 2015 - 12:35 PM, said:

But well, it have much more ability to be frontline with heavy

just need to hide that weak armor(have some building/(any thing big enough))

but still personally I hate it

Haha maybe i know what you feel man., I'm also had personal hate for JgPz IV and crusader., good thing the Jpanther and Cromwell that come after it is Superb, thx for the tip mate!

Edited by Wraith598, 25 June 2015 - 09:22 AM.

JK_STONE #26 Posted 16 July 2015 - 08:27 AM

Captain

• 11540 battles
  • [SH4FT]

If you think grinding this tank is tough, wait until you try to grind for anything in T8+.

As for JPanther, I like it despite not having good looking record on paper.  I found that my biggest mistake while grinding this tank is often being overly aggressive and getting too close to the front-line (well... partly because teammate don't move or scout... but still not good trying to lead the pack with this tank).  

For me, the better play is to stay close to the pack and provide support fire role, when execute properly, I can often do great damage to help the team win. When grinding this tank in the beginning, like all turret-less TD, I would turn the tank to get back to cover after a shot. This is BAD, avoid shooting from position that you have to turn your tank 90-degree to take cover, because this expose the side to enemy. Now I often wait for turret-less TD to turn instead of shooting them front-side, shooting them on the side has higher potential damage value + possibility of ammo rack (which is something new I learned not long ago from the forum and videos).  Another reason to avoid turning in-front of enemy is if you turn and get tracked, your gun is no longer a threat. If some lower tier tank with high ROF, you can be tracked to death. 

I'm very experienced on how to 'suck' at this tank (or all tanks) because I grind through 7 tiers of all tanks without really leveraging forum and videos from the great player... stupid of me!

Just wait until you get to the top gun and 100% crew of this tank, this is an incredible tank. It actually maneuver well for a turret-less TD, you can bounce a lot of head-shot by wiggling on flat ground, or leverage slight up-hill bumps (not hill because you don't have great gun depression) to make the already slope front effective.  

Like what everyone says, every tank has strength and weakness. Play to its strength and minimize dumb mistake (like I did last night trying to help teammate by turning my backside to enemy... stupid of me)

Good luck on the battlefield!

Good luck on the battlefield!

10153397 #27 Posted 16 July 2015 - 10:42 AM

Corporal

• 9096 battles
  • [JTK]

Yes, indeed, I have thoroughly recanted the position from which I drafted this thread.  Although I have progressed beyond the Jpanther I did come to like this tank somewhat.  I very much concur to your observation about tier VIII.  I now recognise the need to adapt my playing style to the strengths of whichever tank I drive, but also with ascending tier levels come increasing increasing levels of challenge as one encounters more seasoned opponents, not least the drafters of the various forum threads to which you refer.  I too have availed myself of their wisdom to some benefit, however, I still suffer a certain predilection for driving like a noob at times.  Indeed I have doubts I will ever achieve much of a win rate worth mentioning.  I do maintain that, on a number of maps, opportunities to snipe effectively are somewhat limited except in the case of the most rash of opponents.  Also, as you have alluded, a TD in an isolated location is badly exposed to being shredded by medium tanks which happen upon it.  The art of anticipating where battle lines will be drawn and positioning yourself where best to optimise TD gun against enemy positions is an inscrutable one.

Good luck to you too on the battlefield!

Stephen M

leongkitmeng #28 Posted 17 July 2015 - 11:31 AM

First Lieutenant

• 24907 battles
  • [OM3GA]

Good to know you've recanted your position.  This is a great TD.  Great speed and gun combo and as long as you know how to keep your front facing forward, and know how to read terrain for hull down positions, this is a TD that can carry a game, failing which you would do enough damage to turn the tide easily, especially if you play it aggressively as an assault gun and not as a sniper.

i actually find it hard to understand why the median WR for this TD is so low.  Even on the US server, the wotbstar median WR for this TD is low (even lower than on the Asian server).

CarvinMarvin #29 Posted 18 July 2015 - 01:53 AM

Captain

• 22631 battles

View Postleongkitmeng, on 17 July 2015 - 09:31 PM, said:

Good to know you've recanted your position.  This is a great TD.  Great speed and gun combo and as long as you know how to keep your front facing forward, and know how to read terrain for hull down positions, this is a TD that can carry a game, failing which you would do enough damage to turn the tide easily, especially if you play it aggressively as an assault gun and not as a sniper.

i actually find it hard to understand why the median WR for this TD is so low.  Even on the US server, the wotbstar median WR for this TD is low (even lower than on the Asian server).

As someone with a low win rate in it I can understand.

First off it is probably many peoples first or second tier 7. It was mine, and let's be honest it is one sexy looking beast and often a tank that new players see on the tech tree and aim for. And anytime you reach a new tier there is a learning curve. And those tier 9 tanks you start to run into at tier 7 are a lot more capable than the tier 8 ones (E75, ST-I, T-54 are tough).

Then you get the grind just takes longer to finish. The top gun is the beast, but it is a long way until you reach it. Let alone going from 75% crew takes longer as well as before tier 7.

Then of course there is the simple matter that you still get idiot teams who think the way to win is sit at spawn and hope the enemy walks into their guns. The JagdPanther needs people out front. The armour is OK, but it still isn't a front line tank like a Tiger or T29. Let alone Tiger II or KV series tanks.

What does surprise me a bit is how much higher the T25AT numbers are, though that might well be just more experienced players playing it because they've already played the JP. Because I think the two tanks are pretty similar.

abcrl123 #30 Posted 18 July 2015 - 04:37 AM

First Lieutenant

• 31589 battles
  • [STORM]

View PostCarvinMarvin, on 18 July 2015 - 09:53 AM, said:

As someone with a low win rate in it I can understand.

First off it is probably many peoples first or second tier 7. It was mine, and let's be honest it is one sexy looking beast and often a tank that new players see on the tech tree and aim for. And anytime you reach a new tier there is a learning curve. And those tier 9 tanks you start to run into at tier 7 are a lot more capable than the tier 8 ones (E75, ST-I, T-54 are tough).

Then you get the grind just takes longer to finish. The top gun is the beast, but it is a long way until you reach it. Let alone going from 75% crew takes longer as well as before tier 7.

Then of course there is the simple matter that you still get idiot teams who think the way to win is sit at spawn and hope the enemy walks into their guns. The JagdPanther needs people out front. The armour is OK, but it still isn't a front line tank like a Tiger or T29. Let alone Tiger II or KV series tanks.

What does surprise me a bit is how much higher the T25AT numbers are, though that might well be just more experienced players playing it because they've already played the JP. Because I think the two tanks are pretty similar.

Hear hear, i sucked at it too.  Was the first TD line for me as well.  Since i didnt know how to play wotb well, all my battles were front line  stuff irregardless of whether its a TD or med or heavy. Of cos i died easily most of the time as its armor is phft to most tanks at its tier or even below its tier.  I just bought it back a few days ago and having a crack at it again because of the j2.  Hopefully this time around i will do better in it.  Playing a few games in i think its really best suited as a long range sniper especially with the quick 88mm.  If you have opfor spotted you can deal a lot of damage in a fast time. Very team dependent still though.  Upfront its too quick to die even with the quick firing gun. Guess its hp is just too low.  Just did a game where i it was 3k damage from sniping. One game before it was a quick 1.5k upfront but died too easily.  Tried with the big gun but its rof is too slow compared with the alpha it dishes out. the muzzle velocity seems slow too so sniping not so easy. Needs a lot of anticipating enemy tanks at range. So i will likely stick to its 88mm.  

'What do you do with a tiger 1 once you caught it?  .... Bring it home and stuff it!'

SpawnIscariot #31 Posted 18 July 2015 - 04:44 AM

First Lieutenant

• 33861 battles
  • [STORM]

Yeah, I'm back on it.

The 8.8 cm is gun I'm sticking with, especially since the 1.11 buff for it and the nerf on the 10.5 cm, The 1.10 credit buff for the JPanth makes it a real money-maker too.

I Don't Give A Damn About Your Shoes 

I Want Your SOLES! 

http://media.indiati..._1437118329.jpg

"I do not fear failure. I only fear the slowing up of the engine inside of me which is pounding, saying, Keep going, someone must be on top of the hill, why not you?"

General George S. Patton Jr.-Advice for Mines & Malinovka.

_overboard #32 Posted 18 July 2015 - 07:29 AM

Corporal

• 58 battles
ohhhhh thought you were talking about Jpanther 2, only one got it? and what's it like?

leongkitmeng #33 Posted 18 July 2015 - 08:02 AM

First Lieutenant

• 24907 battles
  • [OM3GA]

View Postabcrl123, on 18 July 2015 - 12:37 PM, said:

Hear hear, i sucked at it too.  Was the first TD line for me as well.  Since i didnt know how to play wotb well, all my battles were front line  stuff irregardless of whether its a TD or med or heavy. Of cos i died easily most of the time as its armor is phft to most tanks at its tier or even below its tier.  I just bought it back a few days ago and having a crack at it again because of the j2.  Hopefully this time around i will do better in it.  Playing a few games in i think its really best suited as a long range sniper especially with the quick 88mm.  If you have opfor spotted you can deal a lot of damage in a fast time. Very team dependent still though.  Upfront its too quick to die even with the quick firing gun. Guess its hp is just too low.  Just did a game where i it was 3k damage from sniping. One game before it was a quick 1.5k upfront but died too easily.  Tried with the big gun but its rof is too slow compared with the alpha it dishes out. the muzzle velocity seems slow too so sniping not so easy. Needs a lot of anticipating enemy tanks at range. So i will likely stick to its 88mm.  

No way man. I seldom play this TD as a sniper and camp.  My battles in the jgP are mostly won pushing the front with the meds.  It is fast enough to keep up with most meds and turns fast enough to be like a hertzer on steroids, and thats exactly how I play it.  It has a median WR of 43-44% but I had a WR of 55% on the jgP before I started to use it in plat to help a friend grind stock tanks.  WR dropped because of that to 53% babysitting the stock.

its definitely a tank that takes some getting used to and you need to learn how to use it properly, but if you do, carrying is common with this TD, and like they said, since 1.10 it's a money spinner.  Rarely do I make a -ve credit on this TD even when losing.

abcrl123 #34 Posted 18 July 2015 - 08:27 AM

First Lieutenant

• 31589 battles
  • [STORM]

View Postleongkitmeng, on 18 July 2015 - 04:02 PM, said:

No way man. I seldom play this TD as a sniper and camp.  My battles in the jgP are mostly won pushing the front with the meds.  It is fast enough to keep up with most meds and turns fast enough to be like a hertzer on steroids, and thats exactly how I play it.  It has a median WR of 43-44% but I had a WR of 55% on the jgP before I started to use it in plat to help a friend grind stock tanks.  WR dropped because of that to 53% babysitting the stock.

its definitely a tank that takes some getting used to and you need to learn how to use it properly, but if you do, carrying is common with this TD, and like they said, since 1.10 it's a money spinner.  Rarely do I make a -ve credit on this TD even when losing.

Well i guess you have found a successful way of dealing damage up front without dying too fast.  It does kind of make sense as a good support assault gun in a platoon.   My experience was before the buff and normally playing solo so perhaps that buff has changed its characteristics enough.  Will give it a go with meds to see if this wil work out. Don t sniff at its sniping ability though, it really gives it an edge if you can find the right spot with that quick rof and accurate gun.  Yes you are right about the earning credits part, though i prefer the t150 for credit earning. 

'What do you do with a tiger 1 once you caught it?  .... Bring it home and stuff it!'

leongkitmeng #35 Posted 18 July 2015 - 08:32 AM

First Lieutenant

• 24907 battles
  • [OM3GA]
This is a tank I don't mind playing solo with even during a noob infestation of the server.  It's simply a tank that can tip battles for a win, or die hard taking down opfor left right and center.  Definitely still an over 50% WR even playing solo with the jgP.  But in plat with a good med or even heavy, we usually sweep the field unless opfor has a couple of unicums.  Lol

Edited by leongkitmeng, 18 July 2015 - 08:34 AM.

JeanneThiccWaifu #36 Posted 18 July 2015 - 02:56 PM

Captain

• 27731 battles
  • [FEAST]

View Postleongkitmeng, on 18 July 2015 - 03:32 PM, said:

This is a tank I don't mind playing solo with even during a noob infestation of the server.  

Even though I'm bad at driving TD's ( hell my Track record is bright red) JPanther and it's American clone T25 AT is indeed one of the best TD of its tier., what's bugging me is this tank (maybe just me) almost always getting in the match with 2 IS whetever it's IS-3 or IS-2 as enemy.,indeed we can pen both tanks but TD just isn't cut for brawling and long range sniping is useless without Spotter

abcrl123 #37 Posted 18 July 2015 - 03:29 PM

First Lieutenant

• 31589 battles
  • [STORM]

View PostWraith598, on 18 July 2015 - 10:56 PM, said:

Even though I'm bad at driving TD's ( hell my Track record is bright red) JPanther and it's American clone T25 AT is indeed one of the best TD of its tier., what's bugging me is this tank (maybe just me) almost always getting in the match with 2 IS whetever it's IS-3 or IS-2 as enemy.,indeed we can pen both tanks but TD just isn't cut for brawling and long range sniping is useless without Spotter

Yup sniping is still very team spotting dependent. Doesnt work well with noobs or zombies or bots, or worse still afkers. Ok after this discussion i went out solo with this tank destroyer to try out a few assault gun runs. Not too bad , 4/1 wr. So indeed the buff has worked a change in its characteristics.  I found that pairing up with the heavies on my team to work best. So im usually with another IS beside me so that i take over while he reloads. Or even with an is3 as a side kick. Havent done any woth the meds yets. 

leongkitmeng #38 Posted 18 July 2015 - 03:49 PM

First Lieutenant

• 24907 battles
  • [OM3GA]

View Postabcrl123, on 18 July 2015 - 11:29 PM, said:

Yup sniping is still very team spotting dependent. Doesnt work well with noobs or zombies or bots, or worse still afkers. Ok after this discussion i went out solo with this tank destroyer to try out a few assault gun runs. Not too bad , 4/1 wr. So indeed the buff has worked a change in its characteristics.  I found that pairing up with the heavies on my team to work best. So im usually with another IS beside me so that i take over while he reloads. Or even with an is3 as a side kick. Havent done any woth the meds yets. 

Oh dear.... I think we just created another jgP monster....

abcrl123 #39 Posted 18 July 2015 - 04:11 PM

First Lieutenant

• 31589 battles
  • [STORM]

View Postleongkitmeng, on 18 July 2015 - 11:49 PM, said:

Oh dear.... I think we just created another jgP monster....

Whoops.... 

meet_p #40 Posted 18 July 2015 - 04:25 PM

Sergeant

• 16130 battles

View PostSydB, on 17 June 2015 - 08:28 PM, said:

I was expecting something else. Came disappointed.:teethhappy:

Haha. Same here. Btw I really think OP that you're not playing this tank properly. Trust me I'm one of top 100 players on asia server in this tank even after 628 battles. This tank has been my breadwinner for most of the time while I need credits to grind other tanks. Just play it more cautiously. I've had many tier 9 carries in this tank. All the best for ferd. Although I suggest you pick jpanther 2 instead of ferd. It's a beast.

Freedom is 'SLAVERY', Do not 'STRAY' or be 'PUNISHED'

Member of clan 'OXO'

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users