M10 Wolverine TD

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

HunterProEx #1 Posted 23 May 2015 - 07:27 AM

Corporal

• 2041 battles
  • [NAGMA]

:justwait:M10 WOLVERINE:justwait:

M10 Wolverine is a tank destroyer under the tier V group of the American class. The tank before the M10 is the T40 and the offspring is the Jackson. 

In my opinion, I hate that the M10 is slow unlike the T40. And its gun, it is slightly effective but for players that were spolied because of the T40's nerfed gun that can make a 1 hit kill by just hitting its rear, I think they need to start over again.

Well as matter of fact I never went forward since I got that T40 and like 75% of all my battles came from the T40 and M8A1 (which I sold due to lack of credits :(). And when I bought the Wolverine, everything was so much new to me. I didn't expect that it could be so slower than the Hetzer TD (I never reached Tier VI higher so no judging :D) and its gun was like the BT 7's gun.

THE GOOD SIDE

I raged so hard so I sold the M10 Wol but here are the good sides.

- The armor is pretty light but if you work in teams, it wont be an issue because the enemy wont be focused only on you (unless you are in the open and your team is hiding)

- Working in teams is the key of surviving the M10 considering its maneuverability and strength.

- You can "still" make blows (Or the Wol hates me that is why he doesn't work)

:DTHIS IS MY OPINION. SO NO JUDGING:B

Just fight and win

JPS_Deathwalker #2 Posted 15 June 2015 - 03:25 AM

Captain

• 15788 battles
You forgot to mention the gun. It has 2 decent guns which it can mount. The 76mm gun has a good reload(almost under 6 seconds) and a relatively quick aim time of 2 seconds. The howitzer can pack a punch against tier 4 and 5 tanks, but make sure to bring loads of HEAT as the HE shells will barely damage tier 7 tanks. I give this tank a rating of 6/10

When you want to succeed as much as you want to live to breathe, then only you will succeed.

Dark_Exile_ #3 Posted 15 June 2015 - 03:28 AM

Captain

• 29250 battles
  • [UQ]
Good review. I quite enjoyed the M10. I swapped between using the M1A2 and the 105mm.  The armour is actually ok, the lower Glacis bounces some shots from tier 5 and below, at a far range

DEPUTY COMMANDER OF "UQ HOLDER!" ||| AUSTRALIA 

If you have any concerns regarding the game or reports of AFK players, send a PM with uncensored evidence and it'll be passed on. :)

JeanneThiccWaifu #4 Posted 18 June 2015 - 06:46 AM

Captain

• 27731 battles
  • [FEAST]
Slow.sluggish and didn't had any armor not to mention low camo value.,this thing along with jackson is just not a proper TD

Just.,Just  Play Fallout., this gaem succ balls

SLteamleader #5 Posted 21 July 2016 - 10:33 AM

Private

• 10042 battles
  • [_LN_]

Around 30 battles and 42% win rate.

gun is good but the mobility and the Armour is killing me.

_RB_33_ #6 Posted 26 July 2016 - 04:30 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 22879 battles
  • [101AS]

I would like to add that Wraith's assessment of the M10 Wolverine (and M36 Jackson) that it is not a true TD is true. It is more of a TD/MT hybrid - 60% TD; 40% MT. While it definitely loses a lot of advantages that a traditional TD setup has, it also offers unique advantages of it's own:

1) Better Camo maintenance: the traditional turretles TD has to move it's entire hull to track a target once it moves out of it's gun traverse range, negating the camo advantage of a turretless TD. The Wolverine can just simply move it's turret, track and shoot at the target, while all the while keeping it's camo.

2) Turret: For it's tier, it has a nigh invulnerable turret mantlet, capable of bouncing a lot of shots. Just like many of the US tanks, the M10 will just hulldown and shoot while the opfor couldn't pen him. Of course, this varies depending on the opponent faced at the time.

3) Armor: yes, it's armor is still made of paper like most TDs... But bear in mind that with the angle that it has, it can make the occassional bounce. And yes, while it's occassional, you'll never know when that miracle bounce can save you.

4) Self-defense: by being a hybrid TD/MT, it can, as a last ditch (in combination of it's tad better armor), defend itself better than most TDs in close combat. I've seen many a TD cry when a LT or MT got close. The Wolverine and Jackson can at least buy themselves time (and sometimes win) by being able to defend themselves from a circle of death until friendly help arrives. And with the presence of all those LTs and MTs especially at lower tiers, the likes of a Hellcat and T49 can only run when those types show up.

There, just my two cents on this fine machine to help balance the views. It's certainly not the best but certainly far from being the worst.

Babayega_1 #7 Posted 02 August 2016 - 01:26 AM

First Lieutenant

• 22409 battles
  • [ROGUE]
Very well said RB33 sir. Don't play like an MT like most noobs do. I noobed out on the hellcat so I know hehe. Anyways, keep your distance since the curvy belly wont save you against a KV1 round or a 76mm round as well.Use the speed er slowness to strategise and avoid rushing into sticky situations. YOu have better armor than t49 so enjoy it. Make use of crazy ROF and DPM and for goodness sake dont go toe to toe with an elite churchill. you have slow turret traverse so u cant COD the bstard. just stay 80m away and whittle away their HP with your superb gun. Good training for the Jackson. Too bad it all leads down to a t28 huhuhu.

"Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning."

- Erwin Rommel

_RB_33_ #8 Posted 10 August 2016 - 06:48 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 22879 battles
  • [101AS]

I would also like to add that I am currently running my Wolverine with the 105mm HE gun. While it is true that the M1A2 76mm gun has superior performance (accuracy, ROF, penetration), there is something to be said about the the 105mm's ability to send folks back into hiding in 1 shot. True, it's not as potent as the derp guns of other nations but this gun literally transforms the Wolverine from a long range machinegun sniper into an assault unit. Yes, it is still a support unit but considering the current meta of Blitz where maps tend to get flattened with each update and favoring brawling more and more, the 105mm is a welcome weapon to have as it can frontally damage opponents in ways a 76mm couldn't.

Let's say it's a Tier IV-V match and there's a deadlock in a certain sector with both sides unwilling to retreat. just show up from just behind your frontline teammates, lob an HE round. If the target is destroyed, it will definitely give the opfor pause. If the target survives, it will definitely try to take cover which will force it to unwittingly cause confusion to his teammates who are most likely switching to sniper mode and not noticing that their heavily damaged teammate is trying to take cover. Your teammates would also have a morale boost and charge in if they see one of the opfors blocking them get heavily damaged and retreat.

In a Tier V-VI match, the 105mm is still potent. Sure, there are far fewer tanks that you can heavily damage in one shot but on the bright side, compared to a 76mm, you will no longer need prammo (or to take time to aim at weak spots) to frontally damage opponents like a KV1S. just lob that HE and watch them wonder how on earth did they just lose some HP. Of course, Hellcats are a welcome sight to derp users :)

Now for the issue on the light tanks. 105mm against the so-called Lightmares? It's a 50/50 proposition admittedly. If you miss that LT, you're in for a world of hurt. If you score a hit, then you will have some form of control over the engagement as the HE will damage multiple modules of an LT at the same time, buying you more time to survive and beat the little bugger to death. I find myself having more success using the 105mm gun against the LTs compared to when I am using the M1A2 gun. The treatment to a T49 is pretty much the same as how one would treat LTs with a 105mm.

Anyway, these are just my thoughts and opinions based on my experiences with the Wolverine. They are in no way 100% surefire strategies to using a 105mm. I'm pretty sure there is someone out there who is more successful than I am when using the 105mm Wolfie. Just a reminder though: even with the 105mm HE gun, the Wolverine is still a support unit and when part of an assault or a push should stay just behind the main force so that he will have sufficient cover and enough distance for protection as well as being close enough that the accuracy, ROF and projectile speed issues of the 105mm will not be a problem. This placement will also have an added advantage of being close enough to the main force for mutual support in case a med or light tank shows up from the back.

Edited by _RB_33_, 10 August 2016 - 06:49 AM.

Babayega_1 #9 Posted 11 August 2016 - 12:27 AM

First Lieutenant

• 22409 battles
  • [ROGUE]

Hahaha I love your description sir. Its just that some newbies (take note, not noobs) don't know the difference between a derp and an anti tank gun so some of them still rush in giving them a full load of HE on their face hehe.

- Erwin Rommel

_RB_33_ #10 Posted 11 August 2016 - 01:36 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 22879 battles
  • [101AS]

View PostBabayega_1, on 11 August 2016 - 12:27 AM, said:

Hahaha I love your description sir. Its just that some newbies (take note, not noobs) don't know the difference between a derp and an anti tank gun so some of them still rush in giving them a full load of HE on their face hehe.

Well, most folks at Tier V are still at a learning curve, though I've seen a good number of veterans (yours truly included) go back to Tier V to grind credits for their higher tier sorties. With regards to the Churchill (and KV-1), for as long as I can keep the distance between long to medium ranges, I can go toe-to-toe with it. Up close, it's a different story bro though I'm a bit more confident fighting them at close-quarters if there is sufficient cover to mess up their aim. I never bothered trying to COD them since I'm a TD, not a med though when I'm using a Jackson, I do get to COD heavies of the same tier and below with the exception of the KV-2 (unless I have no choice).

Babayega_1 #11 Posted 11 August 2016 - 02:04 AM

First Lieutenant

• 22409 battles
  • [ROGUE]
Yep, absolutely true. Tier Vs are the best tier to grind credits from. I only get close to kv1s and fully upgraded churchills when I have the 76mm but not the Derp. Gosh knows what I was thinking when I went straight at a 230hp KV1 and only dealt around 75hp damage to him after 2 HEs on their hull. But yes, all you mentioned are great stuff for vets and newbies alike.

- Erwin Rommel

_RB_33_ #12 Posted 11 August 2016 - 07:12 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 22879 battles
  • [101AS]

View PostBabayega_1, on 11 August 2016 - 02:04 AM, said:

Yep, absolutely true. Tier Vs are the best tier to grind credits from. I only get close to kv1s and fully upgraded churchills when I have the 76mm but not the Derp. Gosh knows what I was thinking when I went straight at a 230hp KV1 and only dealt around 75hp damage to him after 2 HEs on their hull. But yes, all you mentioned are great stuff for vets and newbies alike.

Everyone went through a newbie/neophyte stage. It's only a question as to how much a person wants to improve past that stage. I only shared what I know with the Wolverine in the hopes that there will be more players taking this gem of a tank a bit more seriously and see it more than just being a stepping stone (which all tanks are on the way to Tier X) and that opposing will see this as a more credible threat than just another target in the field.

Babayega_1 #13 Posted 12 August 2016 - 12:02 AM

First Lieutenant

• 22409 battles
  • [ROGUE]

Yep I agree kabayan. The M10 really is a jewel of a tank for tier V. You can practice the ff: with it:

1. Wiggling, shoot and hide. I did this oftentimes when im the top tier and the opfors are like covenanter, chi he short or long 57mm even the pzivd and pz IV. It is bouncy. Once u got caught in the open like dunes or falls, just move your turret and hull at the same time bounce their shot, shoot them urself then move back to hiding, then wiggle again and shoot then hide.

2. Sniping- Hey this is still a TD so it has a good AT gun plus good viewrange.

3. YOu would learn caution. its not as quick as the t49 where drivers tend to YOLO. The M10's speed or the lack of it gives you time to think and strategise where you can be more effective and useful.

- Erwin Rommel

Also tagged with M10, Wolverine, TD

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users