Jump to content


Obj. 268

Obj. 268 Object USSR

  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

CHrist1an22 #1 Posted 01 March 2015 - 11:02 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 10181 battles
  • 970
  • [DWT]
  • Member since:
    06-27-2014

Right, just researched the Object 268 just now... I need a robust guide about it while I grind the credits needed (and btw, I need to know how much 75% crew training is non discounted).

Needed to be answered questions:

How does it differ from the Obj. 704 and ISU-152 that precede it?

What equipment and consumables you could recommend for this?

What should I be aware of according to your experience? (Well, aside from the easily damaged modules like what I did to that one...)

How does it stack up against other TDs (I'm a TD type of person so I will appreciate feedback).

And... That's all.


Metalstorm member and universal Tank Ace reporting for duty...

Tanks that I have: Object 268, KV-4, VK.30.01 (D).

 


Mehliveat #2 Posted 02 March 2015 - 10:52 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 18150 battles
  • 2,046
  • [DP]
  • Member since:
    06-27-2014

http://forum.wotblitz.com/index.php?/topic/6139-crew-training-costs/

 

for training costs.



CHrist1an22 #3 Posted 02 March 2015 - 11:42 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 10181 battles
  • 970
  • [DWT]
  • Member since:
    06-27-2014

View PostMehliveat, on 02 March 2015 - 06:52 PM, said:

Thanks btw...


Metalstorm member and universal Tank Ace reporting for duty...

Tanks that I have: Object 268, KV-4, VK.30.01 (D).

 


Dark_Exile_ #4 Posted 18 March 2015 - 10:04 PM

    Captain

  • Moderator
  • 29278 battles
  • 3,291
  • [UQ]
  • Member since:
    10-31-2014

View PostCHrist1an22, on 01 March 2015 - 10:02 PM, said:

Right, just researched the Object 268 just now... I need a robust guide about it while I grind the credits needed (and btw, I need to know how much 75% crew training is non discounted).

Needed to be answered questions:

How does it differ from the Obj. 704 and ISU-152 that precede it?

What equipment and consumables you could recommend for this?

What should I be aware of according to your experience? (Well, aside from the easily damaged modules like what I did to that one...)

How does it stack up against other TDs (I'm a TD type of person so I will appreciate feedback).

And... That's all.

 

It differs from the OBJ.704 because it has a pike nose, like the IS-3, 8 etc.  The armour structure and angling is also different from the Objekt 704!  It's armour is much better for its tier than the ISU.  The ISU has flat, relatively unsloped armour but the Obj. 268 has good armour (for a TD).   It has an ammo rack that can be easily destroyed.  It stacks up well against other tier 10's in terms of armour but the firepower isn't as good as the Jg.Pz E100! Re. Equipment, rammer and gun stabiliser is my recommendations. I don't actually own it, but my experience in fighting the said tanks as well as knowledge and armour inspector helped me! Hope this helped :)


Edited by Bentamy, 18 March 2015 - 10:05 PM.

DEPUTY COMMANDER OF "UQ HOLDER!" ||| AUSTRALIA 

 

If you have any concerns regarding the game or reports of AFK players, send a PM with uncensored evidence and it'll be passed on. :)

 


CHrist1an22 #5 Posted 19 March 2015 - 09:19 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 10181 battles
  • 970
  • [DWT]
  • Member since:
    06-27-2014

View PostBentamy, on 19 March 2015 - 06:04 AM, said:

 

It differs from the OBJ.704 because it has a pike nose, like the IS-3, 8 etc.  The armour structure and angling is also different from the Objekt 704!  It's armour is much better for its tier than the ISU.  The ISU has flat, relatively unsloped armour but the Obj. 268 has good armour (for a TD).   It has an ammo rack that can be easily destroyed.  It stacks up well against other tier 10's in terms of armour but the firepower isn't as good as the Jg.Pz E100! Re. Equipment, rammer and gun stabiliser is my recommendations. I don't actually own it, but my experience in fighting the said tanks as well as knowledge and armour inspector helped me! Hope this helped :)

Too late mate, and there is no vert. stabilizer on TDs.


Metalstorm member and universal Tank Ace reporting for duty...

Tanks that I have: Object 268, KV-4, VK.30.01 (D).

 


Dark_Exile_ #6 Posted 19 March 2015 - 11:02 AM

    Captain

  • Moderator
  • 29278 battles
  • 3,291
  • [UQ]
  • Member since:
    10-31-2014

View PostCHrist1an22, on 19 March 2015 - 08:19 PM, said:

Too late mate, and there is no vert. stabilizer on TDs.

Wow whoops 


DEPUTY COMMANDER OF "UQ HOLDER!" ||| AUSTRALIA 

 

If you have any concerns regarding the game or reports of AFK players, send a PM with uncensored evidence and it'll be passed on. :)

 


Pimp_Daddy_XR #7 Posted 19 March 2015 - 11:45 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 43995 battles
  • 3,047
  • Member since:
    07-06-2014

Intially I loved this tonk (8 wins in 9). Then it went pear shaped - including missing two crucial 'winning' shots on lower tiers in a battle platooned with Bushka (bounced a Ferdinand?!). Now 15 battles at 66%, so still early days.

 

Overall, great mobility, decent gun,  but low hp value and the armour does not bounce the gold spamming tier Xs...! 

 

Fundamentally similar playing style to Obj and ISU, so if you enjoyed them, this will be a pleasure. I run 14 AP/14 gold/7 HE.

 

Its not the lumbering armoured beast like a J100 (68%), or bouncy E3 (61%) - this cannot potentially lead from the front as bait for Red Xs, but lower tiers it can push, say an E75 (only risk to lower glacis).

 

Yes it has a pike, but it still has a vunerable lower glacis (dont they all!) , and the pike can still be penned if the angle is good for the Red. I've seen some jinking from side to side between shots (juking) - its decent traverse helps - but im just not convinced juking in this tank works. It may distract a player or throw off auto aim, but as its a pike there are 3 areas changing angle at the same time (left/right pike, lower glacis), so at least one part will be lower effective armour. (If, say, Toby or 48ton swear on the good book juking works in this tank, I will convert...).

 

Its good traverse will not save it in open ground from a CoD by a decent Med, but its speed might give you a chance to escape. I was on Oasis battle with a Green is7 and T54 next to me. A Red T62 came at me - too my suprise my complete .... wit teammates next to me - and 3 campers across the map - all missed the T62 repeatedly, and my traverse was not quite enough to get a shot into him. However I did then get quite far to escape, but the T62 had a charmed life by somehow surviving unscathed the crossfire. In the end I still was chased and died but if any of my 6 blind teammates had tracked him just once, like any half decent player should do, i'd have either survived the intial CoD or escaped.

 

I run Multi repair, rations, adrenalin. 

 

Obviously rammer / vents, and, chose Binos. I dont need a toolbox as a multi + level 5 repair is ok. Its so nimble and traverses well so no need for camo or GLD, as I expect to move around alot, plus I assume the low silhouette gives it a good camo rating. Therefore with quite low armour/HP, seeing enemies early before racing into them and abit of sniping is my reason for Binos. I did not check the dispersion value, but it seems a decent sniper, and it could easily run close support to Meds, let alone the mobile E5 or FVb.

 

Until my few loses last night (including the battle above, in which presumably their guide dogs were aiming on their behalf), this tank felt like a gem.

 

But im still galled by bouncing that Ferdinand...


 

"I spent 90% of my money on booze, birds and Blitz. The rest I just squandered" (George Best)


CHrist1an22 #8 Posted 19 March 2015 - 12:27 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 10181 battles
  • 970
  • [DWT]
  • Member since:
    06-27-2014

View PostPimp_Daddy_XR, on 19 March 2015 - 07:45 PM, said:

Intially I loved this tonk (8 wins in 9). Then it went pear shaped - including missing two crucial 'winning' shots on lower tiers in a battle platooned with Bushka (bounced a Ferdinand?!). Now 15 battles at 66%, so still early days.

 

Overall, great mobility, decent gun,  but low hp value and the armour does not bounce the gold spamming tier Xs...! 

 

Fundamentally similar playing style to Obj and ISU, so if you enjoyed them, this will be a pleasure. I run 14 AP/14 gold/7 HE.

 

Its not the lumbering armoured beast like a J100 (68%), or bouncy E3 (61%) - this cannot potentially lead from the front as bait for Red Xs, but lower tiers it can push, say an E75 (only risk to lower glacis).

 

Yes it has a pike, but it still has a vunerable lower glacis (dont they all!) , and the pike can still be penned if the angle is good for the Red. I've seen some jinking from side to side between shots (juking) - its decent traverse helps - but im just not convinced juking in this tank works. It may distract a player or throw off auto aim, but as its a pike there are 3 areas changing angle at the same time (left/right pike, lower glacis), so at least one part will be lower effective armour. (If, say, Toby or 48ton swear on the good book juking works in this tank, I will convert...).

 

Its good traverse will not save it in open ground from a CoD by a decent Med, but its speed might give you a chance to escape. I was on Oasis battle with a Green is7 and T54 next to me. A Red T62 came at me - too my suprise my complete .... wit teammates next to me - and 3 campers across the map - all missed the T62 repeatedly, and my traverse was not quite enough to get a shot into him. However I did then get quite far to escape, but the T62 had a charmed life by somehow surviving unscathed the crossfire. In the end I still was chased and died but if any of my 6 blind teammates had tracked him just once, like any half decent player should do, i'd have either survived the intial CoD or escaped.

 

I run Multi repair, rations, adrenalin. 

 

Obviously rammer / vents, and, chose Binos. I dont need a toolbox as a multi + level 5 repair is ok. Its so nimble and traverses well so no need for camo or GLD, as I expect to move around alot, plus I assume the low silhouette gives it a good camo rating. Therefore with quite low armour/HP, seeing enemies early before racing into them and abit of sniping is my reason for Binos. I did not check the dispersion value, but it seems a decent sniper, and it could easily run close support to Meds, let alone the mobile E5 or FVb.

 

Until my few loses last night (including the battle above, in which presumably their guide dogs were aiming on their behalf), this tank felt like a gem.

 

But im still galled by bouncing that Ferdinand...

Good thing to see you with a decent WR. I have a similar amount of battles but have half, 37% :ohmy: horrible start, nearly all of them are in platoon.

Dispersion is at .33 but low shell velocity hurts when sniping.

I agree on being a sniper and fight with mediums in a wolfpack.

It's very narrow arc makes the binocs hard to use often but can work, I'll take advantage of the equipment discounts very later.

It's hard but I might excel, I only have one 4k damage in a plat with chappos3 and the usual 2-3k damage on the rest.  It will take a while.


Metalstorm member and universal Tank Ace reporting for duty...

Tanks that I have: Object 268, KV-4, VK.30.01 (D).

 


Pimp_Daddy_XR #9 Posted 19 March 2015 - 04:14 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 43995 battles
  • 3,047
  • Member since:
    07-06-2014

View PostCHrist1an22, on 19 March 2015 - 07:27 PM, said:

Good thing to see you with a decent WR. I have a similar amount of battles but have half, 37% :ohmy: horrible start, nearly all of them are in platoon.

Dispersion is at .33 but low shell velocity hurts when sniping.

I agree on being a sniper and fight with mediums in a wolfpack.

It's very narrow arc makes the binocs hard to use often but can work, I'll take advantage of the equipment discounts very later.

It's hard but I might excel, I only have one 4k damage in a plat with chappos3 and the usual 2-3k damage on the rest.  It will take a while.

 

Persevere as I'm sure its a decent tonk. Maybe just having some bad luck at the start.

 

"I spent 90% of my money on booze, birds and Blitz. The rest I just squandered" (George Best)


Kaijester #10 Posted 01 April 2015 - 05:44 AM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 17050 battles
  • 52
  • Member since:
    12-23-2014

I absolutely hate my Obj 268..WR falling below 40%. I did quite well with my ISU & Obj 704 but Tier X TD is not meant for me...

 

Faced an ISU-152 front and hit a 500+ and got killed instead today.

Somehow my damage often drop below 600 or bounce shot (given the same with my Obj 704 I would hit near 700 on the front of ISU-152).

 

When I stay behind to snipe, my team mates keeps YOLO and get killed. If I try charging along my armor can't take it or I can't retreat fast enough for cover.

Even Tier VIII MT hit me like a water balloon face to face..What's wrong with my Obj 268??

 

Now I wish I went for Tier X T110E3 instead.


Edited by Kaijester, 01 April 2015 - 05:52 AM.


Kaijester #11 Posted 01 April 2015 - 05:51 AM

    Corporal

  • Member
  • 17050 battles
  • 52
  • Member since:
    12-23-2014

Oh yah. Did I mention the focus 2secs and drop shot? terrible aim!

 

Usually half focus on my Obj 704 and I can get a hit...the same on my 268 will get a drop shot to the floor instead???

 

Why is this even the most expensive experience point tier X to get??? All the hype to get 350k exp and serious disappointment.

 

 


Edited by Kaijester, 01 April 2015 - 05:52 AM.


Despreaux #12 Posted 03 May 2015 - 09:14 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 9998 battles
  • 2,098
  • Member since:
    11-24-2012

beast of a tank, hope i can still keep my 90% wr on it after 21 games.

1.being more armoured than both with even more troll armour factor than the isu and 704, much much much more mobility than the isu and 704, no more troll gun with split personalities, best DPM of any T10 TD unlike the 704 and isu, very accurate and great pen on AP,HE,HEAT

2. equipment depends on how aggressive you are: sniper: camo, binos, rammer/GLD. agressor: GLD, Rammer, coated opts

3. the rumours of the gun velo is partially a lie, its gun velo is still fast just not as fast as the BL10 (little slower), sniping isnt recommended as its gun arc is very small, going with meds when the situation calls is a good idea, wiggling helps on ricochets

4. it has the best DPM over all the T10 TDs, ridiculous mobility than any other TDs, unlike other TDs it can hold its own better on brawling against MTs (not recommended to do), worst armour value from other TDs, best Camo values than other T10 TDs, best dispersion than other TDs although its aim time isnt the best


"Right or wrong, evil or good, but they still fight, without second thoughts they march up to the enemy, they dont hope to go home tommorow, their families are now their war brothers, every bullet they shoot, every lives they taken, every blood they spilt, did they give up? They'll never give up, for their flag they will fight, even if it means dying at cost, rather than die in vain, they'll fight for whats theirs, until the last blood drop, they are the soldiers of war" -war-


Joachim_Nowotny #13 Posted 06 June 2015 - 10:01 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Member
  • 10724 battles
  • 266
  • Member since:
    04-13-2015
I have a bit difficult in my Object 704 to shoot 268. As 704's aim time is a bit longer, and slight wiggle by 268 can ricochet my shot. BL-10 sometimes annoy me too (mantlet magnet shell). :D




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users