The Path of the Medium

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Pixel_Shooter #1 Posted 13 February 2015 - 10:43 AM

Sergeant

• 7840 battles

Hello. I am Pixel_Shooter. I am here to share my guide on medium tanks. I hope this will be of help to you as this is my first Topic. This is basically an extended and more detailed version of the Comic Guide: Medium Tanks http://wotblitz.asia...e-medium-tanks/

Now before we get to medium tanks, what is a medium tank?

Medium Tank Medium tank was a classification of tanks, primarily used during World War II. The medium tank, as the name suggests, represented a compromise in features between the reconnaissance and mobility oriented light tanks and the armor and armament oriented heavy tanks.

Now that we know what a medium tank is, let us get to the guide.

For me, Medium tanks are good at making good, quick and smart choices and taking opportunity.

A medium tank is a very crucial part of a battle. It can help out support TDs, Heavies and Lights.

Supporting

If you are supporting........

Heavy Tanks - In my experience, this is the most common scenario. So what you gotta do, is this. Go with the Heavies....(Be aware that they will not always be in one group!) Be sure to shoot what ever is a threat to you and the heavies. If your team's heavies are running low on health, try to soak up some damage as well. However, before doing so, make sure you have a quick getaway incase you get outnumbered and/or outgunned.

Tank Destroyers - First up scout, once you've spotted enemies, GET BACK! Let the heavies take it from there. Try to scout at places where the TD can see you so your scouting will actually be useful to the TD and can help you fall back by sniping them.

Light/Medium Tanks - This is the Medium's Normal job. Now your primary objective is to perform the "Distract N Destroy". How do you do that? Well you flank. While the heavies are Distracting other enemies (Distract) Flank them and shoot them (Destroy). But don't think it's that easy. Be aware that there are other mediums/lights trying to flank too. The easiest way to deal with this is to try to destroy other tanks (Remember, there is a possibility that not just mediums will try to flank) before flanking. Remember, have a plan. Have your teammates by your side when attacking. When flanking, stay out of the range of the other heavies on the main battle area. Once the flanking path is clear, you get behind the enemy group on the main battle area and shoot them at their back sides. They shouldn't try to attack you. If they do however, your heavy teammates will DESTROY them.

Capturing the Base

I only recommend this if you are a low tier and speedy medium in the battle  Speed for Tactics and low tier = low crucialness to be out in the battlefield.

What you gotta do is wait for the other tanks to spread out and gain momentum, capture the base. Try to shoot if enemies are with in your range. If they are not, STAY HIDDEN Also watch out for flankers.

Other Important tips 

*Remember things won't always go your way. That's exactly what a medium has to do. Be prepared for anything. That's exactly why a medium's abilities are spread out

*Do not push an opportunity beyond it's limit. As I said, opportunity is very important to mediums. However, pushing your opportunities will lead to your eventual destruction. For example, My Pershing can one - hit a Cromwell If I hit one from the back with an HE shell however, I should never try to forcefully get at the back as I will only be destroyed by the tanks that lie behind. Remember think about the effect, risks, and possibilities of the opportunities you take.

*Remember, you are not forced to use this guide. Depending on how you play, this may even serve as a disadvantage to you if you use it in a wrong way. You may choose your own path

And speaking of paths, it's your path if you want to follow this guide or not. And if you do choose to follow this guide....  Good Luck Medium Tankers and I hope I was able to help.

Edited by Pixel_Shooter, 14 February 2015 - 02:32 PM.

Do the opposite of what you were taught in school. Wander aimlessly. Make a mess. Question everything.

worked out for me

dahfhr69 #2 Posted 13 February 2015 - 06:57 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 8647 battles
  • [DE]

Do Heavy tank guide!

"Für Das Vaterland" 69th Panzer Division [DE]

Pixel_Shooter #3 Posted 14 February 2015 - 01:00 AM

Sergeant

• 7840 battles

View Postdahfhr69, on 14 February 2015 - 02:57 AM, said:

Do Heavy tank guide!

I have never ever used a heavy tank.

Do the opposite of what you were taught in school. Wander aimlessly. Make a mess. Question everything.

worked out for me

iB055 #4 Posted 14 February 2015 - 02:27 AM

Captain

• 18594 battles
  • [STORM]
I have to say, I don't really agree with most of your points. Mediums should avoid getting hit at all costs. they should never directly support heavies, nor act as meat shields. And if supporting a td, don't camp like a wuss next to them. Go out and spot targets for them. I also don't think a pershing can one hit a Cromwell, (don't quote me on this before I verify this remark). n offenc to you. You put a lot of effort into this, but I just don't see how some of those points make sense. Cheers.

Edited by iB055, 14 February 2015 - 02:28 AM.

Pixel_Shooter #5 Posted 14 February 2015 - 02:24 PM

Sergeant

• 7840 battles

View PostiB055, on 14 February 2015 - 10:27 AM, said:

I have to say, I don't really agree with most of your points. Mediums should avoid getting hit at all costs. they should never directly support heavies, nor act as meat shields. And if supporting a td, don't camp like a wuss next to them. Go out and spot targets for them. I also don't think a pershing can one hit a Cromwell, (don't quote me on this before I verify this remark). n offenc to you. You put a lot of effort into this, but I just don't see how some of those points make sense. Cheers.

It's true mediums should not be hit. But their not TDs. They should not camp because they will then be no use at all. They cannot simply sit there, so what are they supposed to do then? Intimidate by getting spotted? Lol. (Also no offense to you) And as mentioned. Mediums fill the gap between heavies and lights. So they have the speed. And the armor. I mentioned them absorbing some damage but never said they should act as meat shields because if your not a heavy, either your trying to derp on purpose or that's just kinda stupid. And I think you're wrong about saying they should never support heavies. They should never UNNECESSARILY support heavies. If you only got 1 heavy, you better support. And about the TDs, you're right. I'll edit the post. Thanks. And the Cromwell, well, in the Castilla map, A Cromwell backed up without seeing me. I used an HE shell with a "Gun 90mm Gun T15E2M2" It was perfectly capable of penetrating the back of a Cromwell. By the way the Cromwell was at full health, I shot it and Bam. Destroyed. Believe me I as well could not believe it. It was epic. Have you ever actually tried out a Pershing before? Lol. And finally, this was meant to help people so I kindly ask those who find it illogical or not good to not use this guide. Once again, this response was not meant to be taken offensively. Cheers .

Edited by Pixel_Shooter, 14 February 2015 - 02:26 PM.

worked out for me

Baron_Von #6 Posted 15 February 2015 - 07:01 AM

Corporal

• 26665 battles

Hello Pixel_Shooter,

First of welcome to the forum and than thank you for your contribution of the medium tank guide and your take of the situation i think its great that guys like you contribute to the forum, i wish i had the time to do the same as you guys do including you iB055 on that wonderful guide you compiled for us all to share thats really great.

My personal feelings or the way i see it is that you both have outlined some great points and observations whether i agree with them or not but i have something to go back to and try from either of your guides and if it works for me than great and i will use it appropriately however that may be for the game I'm in at the time.

All newcomers should read this sort of information before they get too far into it. 

Anyway keep it up both of you and thanks to all the guys that contribute like you all do.  

"MEIN KAMPF"

"if you win, you need not have to explain....if you lose, you should not be there to explain !"

Pixel_Shooter #7 Posted 16 February 2015 - 09:26 AM

Sergeant

• 7840 battles

View Postbaronvonbauer57, on 15 February 2015 - 03:01 PM, said:

Hello Pixel_Shooter,

First of welcome to the forum and then thank you for your contribution of the medium tank guide and your take of the situation i think its great that guys like you contribute to the forum, i wish i had the time to do the same as you guys do including you iB055 on that wonderful guide you compiled for us all to share thats really great.

My personal feelings or the way i see it is that you both have outlined some great points and observations whether i agree with them or not but i have something to go back to and try from either of your guides and if it works for me than great and i will use it appropriately however that may be for the game I'm in at the time.

All newcomers should read this sort of information before they get too far into it. 

Anyway keep it up both of you and thanks to all the guys that contribute like you all do.  

Well, thank you for thank you for that Warm Welcome. And thanks for the compliments. Not even gonna lie, you have encouraged me even more to post in the forums. Thanks for that feedback. Happy Tanking!

worked out for me

Tdizzl3d #8 Posted 16 February 2015 - 11:45 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 3454 battles

View PostPixel_Shooter, on 16 February 2015 - 05:26 PM, said:

Well, thank you for thank you for that Warm Welcome. And thanks for the compliments. Not even gonna lie, you have encouraged me even more to post in the forums. Thanks for that feedback. Happy Tanking!

One of us, one of us, one of us...

World of Tanks Generals closed beta tester.

Roaming the dark corners of the forums.

Pixel_Shooter #9 Posted 17 February 2015 - 12:54 PM

Sergeant

• 7840 battles

View PostTdizzl3d, on 17 February 2015 - 07:45 AM, said:

One of us, one of us, one of us...

um.... Wat?

worked out for me

resmob #10 Posted 14 March 2015 - 09:35 PM

Private

• 17885 battles
  • [OPS]
this called discussion of strategy war :D

Pixel_Shooter #11 Posted 20 March 2015 - 12:12 PM

Sergeant

• 7840 battles

View Postresmob, on 15 March 2015 - 05:35 AM, said:

this called discussion of strategy war :D

Hm....  Was there a point in there?:bush:

worked out for me

Gogolai #12 Posted 13 May 2015 - 01:15 PM

Corporal

• 2486 battles

Your strategy is surprisingly good.

But I have one question:

You are flanking, and then suddenly a heavie turns his/hers (Gender Equality!!) turret towards you, with his armor faced to the heavies on your team.

You are pretty much gonna get a 95% of getting destroyed. (I have experienced this before, when driving my M4A3E8 Tier VI medium when I was flanking, an IS-1 ammo racked me in the side, and I had full health)

Edited by Gogolai, 13 May 2015 - 01:17 PM.

All lower case: gogolai

Gogolai #13 Posted 14 May 2015 - 08:28 AM

Corporal

• 2486 battles
Also maybe do a Tank Destroyer one? I'm just asking, you don't have to.

Pixel_Shooter #14 Posted 14 May 2015 - 01:53 PM

Sergeant

• 7840 battles

View PostGogolai, on 13 May 2015 - 09:15 PM, said:

But I have one question:

You are flanking, and then suddenly a heavie turns his/hers (Gender Equality!!) turret towards you, with his armor faced to the heavies on your team.

You are pretty much gonna get a 95% of getting destroyed. (I have experienced this before, when driving my M4A3E8 Tier VI medium when I was flanking, an IS-1 ammo racked me in the side, and I had full health)

I'm sorry but I did not see a question. Please make it clearer so I can answer your question. Do you mean what you should do? Or how to avoid that? Or what's gonna happen or what's up?

worked out for me

Teantis #15 Posted 14 May 2015 - 06:20 PM

Private

• 376 battles

View PostGogolai, on 13 May 2015 - 01:15 PM, said:

But I have one question:

If you have managed to flank a heavy especially a higher tier heavy in this case and gotten it to turn its turret towards you and away from your own teams heavies brawling with it, congratulations! You've just done your job.  Your own heavies can now freely aim at weakspots on their frontal armor without fear of retaliation.  Just back off into cover where you can't be shot and wait for the heavy to stop aiming at you.  Your mobility as a medium allows you to decline engagements that are disadvantageous to you, do it.

Pixel_Shooter #16 Posted 15 May 2015 - 01:41 AM

Sergeant

• 7840 battles

View PostTeantis, on 15 May 2015 - 02:20 AM, said:

If you have managed to flank a heavy especially a higher tier heavy in this case and gotten it to turn its turret towards you and away from your own teams heavies brawling with it, congratulations! You've just done your job.  Your own heavies can now freely aim at weakspots on their frontal armor without fear of retaliation.  Just back off into cover where you can't be shot and wait for the heavy to stop aiming at you.  Your mobility as a medium allows you to decline engagements that are disadvantageous to you, do it.

Yup, and the one that's gonna be 95% destroyed, is whoever turned it's turret at you. Just find cover, do NOT peek a boo. If there is none, look for lower terrain or other obstructions. If there's none, Your best bet would be to just run at full speed. Choose your path carefully though, or you might find yourself in an engagement with another tank. Only this time, Head-On

worked out for me

HunterProEx #17 Posted 15 May 2015 - 06:34 AM

Corporal

• 2041 battles
  • [NAGMA]

View PostGogolai, on 14 May 2015 - 04:28 PM, said:

Also maybe do a Tank Destroyer one? I'm just asking, you don't have to.

Yeah TD's are great. (No offence to other tanks) :trollface:

Just fight and win

Gogolai #18 Posted 17 May 2015 - 12:28 PM

Corporal

• 2486 battles

View PostPixel_Shooter, on 14 May 2015 - 05:41 PM, said:

Yup, and the one that's gonna be 95% destroyed, is whoever turned it's turret at you. Just find cover, do NOT peek a boo. If there is none, look for lower terrain or other obstructions. If there's none, Your best bet would be to just run at full speed. Choose your path carefully though, or you might find yourself in an engagement with another tank. Only this time, Head-On

Thanks Pixel_Shooter, just so you know, I was meaning to ask what was I supposed to do. Thx!

Also, just can you make another guide? It doesn't have to be a TD one.

Edited by Gogolai, 17 May 2015 - 12:30 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users