Strategy for turretless TDs?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

RikoRommel101 #1 Posted 21 November 2021 - 09:28 AM

Private

• 1448 battles
  • [EHC]
I’ve been using the Hetzer tech tree for a long time and now I’m at the Jagdpanther. Recently I’ve realized that I’m dealing less damage to enemies, and even using consumables won’t work. My current strategy is to charge and try to deal as much damage as I can before dying. Sniping just won’t work because I always get tracks blown off and sniped by someone else, and I can’t support fire because I always get targeted first. Is there any good strategy for me?

AnthonyIrwin #2 Posted 21 November 2021 - 10:04 AM

Corporal

• 10495 battles
  • [-FOXY]

hello, RikoRommel101. Turretless tanks (or, for the matter, tanks with limited traverse) are a handful to use at first. Since you say you have gone on the Jpanther line, my advice would be to take up a more aggresive playstyle then sniping. The JagdPanzer series have good armor -  enough to bounce shots from most lower tier guns - and impenetrable gun mantlets. Their problem lies in their casemate configuration, which will require some learning to get used to. I cannot fully describe to you how one should do so, but my best would be that you play like a support tank - not sitting in the rear like artillery, but far enough that you can reverse into cover if things get messy. One way to do this would be, for e.g. waiting for a one-on-one shootout to progress. you wait for the enemy to shoot before popping from round the corner and fire, then rinse and repeat. this wont work against pew-pew guns, or if your tank is horrendously slow. another way i can think to help would be using the wot PC tank guides found here:
https://wiki.wargami.../World_of_Tanks

just sort through the categories and find the related info. wot PC varies somewhat, but the general idea is similar
I hope you find other veterans who are more capable of telling you what to do, friend. Godspeed

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users