This game will lose older age demographic

age suggestion lose trend changes

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Ortelsburg #1 Posted 29 September 2021 - 11:21 PM

Private

• 41 battles
Since the arrival of tier 1 to 7 bots for new accounts, 100% of my enjoyment in those tiers, even in an account with thousands of battles has evaporated. There's no goals to play random battles when the stats you have are permanent meaningless between tier 1 and 7. Tier 8-10 is too small of a game to hide in. Without tier 6 and 7 stats meaning anything, and its irreversible, I can't picture an excuse to play on. I think this game thanks to meaningless stats will only satisfy low skilled younger aged players, but older players will realise if you have 5000 games and you click battle in a tier 6, your stats for that game is meaningless because new accounts get boosted due to bots in that tank and tier.

The only suggestion I have left for wargaming is to make a way for tier 6 and 7 to have a grain of meaning in their stats which is to have a completely different mode with its own seperate stats, and which gets no bots. I'm out of this sinking ship with no meaning left, bye. And i have 7000 games total across accounts.

Furthermore, I even heard one player was still getting bots despite being 700 games, so whatever his device is adds more insult to the game. In pc, bots stop around 500 battles. Perhaps that other player was on an nintendo switch (wild guess), I don't know.

Edited by Ortelsburg, 29 September 2021 - 11:29 PM.

Lord_Melchett #2 Posted 30 September 2021 - 01:54 AM

First Lieutenant

• 45339 battles
  • [1914]

As far as I know, Asia server doesn't have a newbie queue to separate the newer players into a separate queue that may contain bots.  i could be wrong, I don't follow the WG news that closely.

On a more general note, if the only reason that you play the game is for stats, then I suggest that you have already lost enjoyment of the game, and you would be better off finding a game that you actually enjoy playing.

Ortelsburg #3 Posted 30 September 2021 - 02:48 AM

Private

• 41 battles
Every player tier 7 and below and under 500total battles has bots each game, for over a year in asia. Only sometimes there aren't bots if many players are online. Only low stat people would be innocent enough to play without a goal, to pass time during a bus ride while they barely get over 2 landed hits due to being in a bus. Look at every blitz player that uses blitz stars or is at least aware of wn8, it lets you compete against yourself and have something to show for your effort. Nullify the meaning of 7&6 stats and there's no fun left to compete there, even if someone barely gets over 50%wr at least their stats use to be a field against players but it's ruined now.

Asia got the bots just like everywhere else some time near or before update 7.8 which gave newbies 500 bot games. 50,000+ players probably have stats as one of the biggest motivation to play already elited vehicles. Like I say low stat kids might not notice, but experienced people are ripped off by the game changes. Even original wot put skirmishes and team battle in seperate stats - but both game are dead set on ruining the low tiers because who knows more money to make for tier 8+ premiums. Giving everyone fake 500 battle stats off 60-70wr when in reality they deserved 39 wr  is probably the idea, just ruin the whole system once you realise you destroy the reason for trying. The design should have been always to put bot stats alone and seperated but someone failed the wargaming brand, hard to forgive. Of course I should quit if I feel there's no enjoyment trapped between 8-10 when the game use to be tier 3/4 to 10. On my other account i have 100 or 300 grobtraktor games I couldn't ace but I thought it'll be worth it when I do but then I see on a new account I'm able to ace 48 different tanks within 3 battles for most, 11 at the longest up to tier 6 due to bots, majority of those tanks are also tier 5 and 6.

Edited by Ortelsburg, 30 September 2021 - 03:09 AM.

Lord_Melchett #4 Posted 30 September 2021 - 07:10 AM

First Lieutenant

• 45339 battles
  • [1914]

I understand your point that WG could have made the "bot battles" not count for long term stats, but chose to leave those battles as counting the same as regular battles.

So, are you complaining that your stats are meaningless to you, because new players are getting an easy ride and better stats than they deserve for the first 500 battles?  Or are you complaining that you are getting an easy ride (stats wise) on your reroll account, so you have lost the incentive of a challenge?

And, as a player with some 44k battles, I can definitely say that stats are not a big motivation for playing already elited vehicles.  I play tanks that I enjoy, or that I haven't played for a while, or to see if they have changed when buffed or nerfed, or even to chase an elusive ace (which is a kind of stat, I suppose), but it's not for stats.  Don't get me wrong, I'm interested in stats, but they just aren't a primary motivation for me to play. 

TnkKillaxxz #5 Posted 04 October 2021 - 02:12 AM

Corporal

• 965 battles
  • [AFFF]

View PostOrtelsburg, on 29 September 2021 - 11:21 PM, said:

Since the arrival of tier 1 to 7 bots for new accounts, 100% of my enjoyment in those tiers, even in an account with thousands of battles has evaporated. There's no goals to play random battles when the stats you have are permanent meaningless between tier 1 and 7. Tier 8-10 is too small of a game to hide in. Without tier 6 and 7 stats meaning anything, and its irreversible, I can't picture an excuse to play on. I think this game thanks to meaningless stats will only satisfy low skilled younger aged players, but older players will realise if you have 5000 games and you click battle in a tier 6, your stats for that game is meaningless because new accounts get boosted due to bots in that tank and tier.

The only suggestion I have left for wargaming is to make a way for tier 6 and 7 to have a grain of meaning in their stats which is to have a completely different mode with its own seperate stats, and which gets no bots. I'm out of this sinking ship with no meaning left, bye. And i have 7000 games total across accounts.

Furthermore, I even heard one player was still getting bots despite being 700 games, so whatever his device is adds more insult to the game. In pc, bots stop around 500 battles. Perhaps that other player was on an nintendo switch (wild guess), I don't know.

I don't play for stats, and I like winning and blowing up tanks, so bring on the bots I say! and put them all on the red team.  :teethhappy:  But I have a suggestion.. The biggest gripe I see with this game is with the matchmaking. So often we can't win games because teams are mismatched. Either the Red team is way too good, or our team is loaded with inexperienced players, or both, and we lose time and again. All this does is cause frustration and anger and loss of enjoyment in playing. What we really want is to play in a team with players that are at least as skilled as we are against a comparable team, so we can rely on our teammates, employ tactics, and have a good chance of winning. So how about WG make a setting where we can choose how many bots are on the red team? So when we are inexperienced we can set (say) 3 or 4 bots on the red team. As we improve we can gradually reduce the number commensurate with our skill. And besides, bots can't call you 'dog' or 'pig'.  :)

Edited by TnkKillaxxz, 04 October 2021 - 04:28 AM.

CookieDad #6 Posted 12 October 2021 - 02:15 PM

Private

• 1801 battles
  • [761]
You can play rating battles? At least no bots.
Serious players only.

NocturnZing #7 Posted 13 October 2021 - 02:36 PM

Sergeant

• 12974 battles
  • [IRGC]

View PostCookieDad, on 12 October 2021 - 02:15 PM, said:

You can play rating battles? At least no bots.
Serious players only.

You might not have played many rating battles recently then, its Worse than regular battles, false sense of balance

NocturnZing #8 Posted 13 October 2021 - 02:39 PM

Sergeant

• 12974 battles
  • [IRGC]

View PostTnkKillaxxz, on 04 October 2021 - 02:12 AM, said:

I don't play for stats, and I like winning and blowing up tanks, so bring on the bots I say! and put them all on the red team.  :teethhappy:  But I have a suggestion.. The biggest gripe I see with this game is with the matchmaking. So often we can't win games because teams are mismatched. Either the Red team is way too good, or our team is loaded with inexperienced players, or both, and we lose time and again. All this does is cause frustration and anger and loss of enjoyment in playing. What we really want is to play in a team with players that are at least as skilled as we are against a comparable team, so we can rely on our teammates, employ tactics, and have a good chance of winning. So how about WG make a setting where we can choose how many bots are on the red team? So when we are inexperienced we can set (say) 3 or 4 bots on the red team. As we improve we can gradually reduce the number commensurate with our skill. And besides, bots can't call you 'dog' or 'pig'.  :)

WG doesnt listen to players, they only listen to top 2% RL $$ spenders. If one of them puts this as feedback, they Might listen. Chances of that are VERY VERY LOW, cos in a gold tank against bots, the p2w benefit the MOST, and they dont want to face good players or their stats would fall, so p2w spenders will WANT a battle with more bots. 

TLDR: MM will never be improved. It helps p2w too much.

CookieDad #9 Posted 16 October 2021 - 04:38 AM

Private

• 1801 battles
  • [761]

View PostNocturnZing, on 13 October 2021 - 02:36 PM, said:

You might not have played many rating battles recently then, its Worse than regular battles, false sense of balance

True, actually I am a new player, but noticed that when I played the rating battles, none were bots. It might have been coincidence.

Since I jumped the 900 battles, actually I no longer face any bots, mostly very experienced players, always have the lowest ranked tank (eg play Tier7, but mixed up with premium T8 tanks), and very annoying is that wait times have jumped to over 5 minutes (2.5 minutes average).

As a new player, facing the occasional bot is fine. Constantly battling players with 20k-50k battles is very demotivating. I know I am not as skilled as them, but would like a fair chance to learn the game as well, without being slaughtered game after game.

As for OP, I do not think that age has any correlation with game experience. I am not young, but just starting this game, have played War Robots for years, which became way too P2W. Then again, I know of students who have thousands of games in WOTB as well.

Jonathan_2014 #10 Posted 08 November 2021 - 02:31 PM

Corporal

• 34235 battles
  • [SMRT]
It is what it is. For all the “faults” of the game, the player base is growing. 

TnkKillaxxz #11 Posted 10 November 2021 - 11:50 PM

Corporal

• 965 battles
  • [AFFF]

View PostCookieDad, on 16 October 2021 - 04:38 AM, said:

True, actually I am a new player, but noticed that when I played the rating battles, none were bots. It might have been coincidence.

Since I jumped the 900 battles, actually I no longer face any bots, mostly very experienced players, always have the lowest ranked tank (eg play Tier7, but mixed up with premium T8 tanks), and very annoying is that wait times have jumped to over 5 minutes (2.5 minutes average).

As a new player, facing the occasional bot is fine. Constantly battling players with 20k-50k battles is very demotivating. I know I am not as skilled as them, but would like a fair chance to learn the game as well, without being slaughtered game after game.

As for OP, I do not think that age has any correlation with game experience. I am not young, but just starting this game, have played War Robots for years, which became way too P2W. Then again, I know of students who have thousands of games in WOTB as well.

1/ Yes there are no bots in ratings mode because ratings is for giving players a rating they can use in tournaments, competitions, etc., 

2/ The game has changed A LOT. it used to be that players spent much more time in the lower tiers, and in advancing thru the tiers, so they slowly gained experience. Now players are rushed into the higher tiers with fast progression, or buy their way in with premium tanks. The game now is all about enticing players to spend money in the store and on crates. 

Also tagged with age, suggestion, lose, trend, changes

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users