R.I.P WOTB Asia forum

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

NocturnZing #1 Posted 29 July 2021 - 08:43 PM

Sergeant

• 12603 battles
  • [IRGC]

All the good players are leaving/ left.

Threads used to be lively and responsed to within minutes.

Now WOTB Asia forums are a graveyard. R.I.P the pile of p2w garbage

Lord_Melchett #2 Posted 30 July 2021 - 12:38 AM

First Lieutenant

• 44968 battles
  • [1914]

Not sure that I see the direct link to P2W, but the forum is certainly on life support. 

The rise of discord channels probably took away some potential forum traffic.

But, to be honest, there just doesn't seem to be much interesting or new stuff to talk about ...

protanker3 #3 Posted 30 July 2021 - 03:46 AM

Corporal

• 8636 battles
  • [WRM]

agreed. since the advent of discord many forumers have gone. compared to the eu and na forums asia is a desert.

awesome_guy290 #4 Posted 30 July 2021 - 06:18 AM

Sergeant

• 4144 battles
  • [BOGAN]

View PostLord_Melchett, on 30 July 2021 - 08:38 AM, said:

Not sure that I see the direct link to P2W, but the forum is certainly on life support. 

The rise of discord channels probably took away some potential forum traffic.

But, to be honest, there just doesn't seem to be much interesting or new stuff to talk about ...

Agreed. 

Those who use the forums now are either:

1. OG players who are experienced and will not tolerate any trollers/noobs who blame others

2. Trollers and noobs who blame others

So…forums can result in looong arguments. Discord is worse, everything’s a mess.

I frequently visit NA forums, and damn, its been exciting there seeing OGs wrecking noobs. One just happened recently. 

Lord_Melchett #5 Posted 01 August 2021 - 11:34 PM

First Lieutenant

• 44968 battles
  • [1914]

View Postawesome_guy290, on 30 July 2021 - 06:18 AM, said:

Agreed. 

Those who use the forums now are either:

1. OG players who are experienced and will not tolerate any trollers/noobs who blame others

2. Trollers and noobs who blame others

So…forums can result in looong arguments. Discord is worse, everything’s a mess.

I frequently visit NA forums, and damn, its been exciting there seeing OGs wrecking noobs. One just happened recently. 

I tried Discord, but the chaotic nature of the interactions (short, choppy posts) left me cold.

I don't bother looking at NA forum any more.  It seems to be nothing but troll wars, and that gets old fast.  Even EU forum, which used to be much more measured and interesting, is more and more OG/noob threads.

protanker3 #6 Posted 02 August 2021 - 02:52 AM

Corporal

• 8636 battles
  • [WRM]
fully agreed the guides and friendly constructive conversations which attracted me to the forums when i was a noob looking for guides have devolved into a mess of OG vs noob arguments

ankitgusai19 #7 Posted 02 August 2021 - 05:34 AM

First Lieutenant

• 58122 battles
  • [SMRT]

I have told this earlier as well but here we go.

Why do they have different forums region-wise? if there can be one discord server why there can't be one global forum? One forum also reduces the number of moderators needed so the same people who manage discord can manage the forum. I don't see any reason to split them other than population capacity(which clearly isn't the issue at least for time being).

Besides, discord is not optimized for threaded meaningful conversation and I think blitz has scope for a longer discussion. 

I am quite surprised that WG is ditching their forums. If they want to increase the retention ratio then they need players to connect to each other, it is a lot of fun( and tolerable) that way. Over Discord, there are just so many people talking together that it doesn't even make sense.

Hopefully, mods read this and consider merging all forums into one.

pormitrius #8 Posted 02 August 2021 - 07:27 AM

Corporal

• 7614 battles
  • [SH4FT]

WG never really invested time/resource into the Forum community, except maybe in the beginning (first couple of years) and even then it was not well managed.

Look at the Wiki-Sites, information on tanks/maps, everything is outdated and WG doesn't seem to care.

WG could have easily setup a reward system to make forum better source of information to improve the player quality, but I don't think they thought much into it.

Simple rewarding system for clan leaders or active forum members to actively participate/share info in the forum/wiki could drastically change knowledge/Info of the game for newer incoming players.

It's sad to see how forum information has degraded over time and not fully utilized.

awesome_guy290 #9 Posted 02 August 2021 - 07:55 AM

Sergeant

• 4144 battles
  • [BOGAN]
Yea. WG doesn’t care about forums as there are so few active forumers.
0.1% of the playerbase active in forums is a pretty optimistic ballpark.

Also, having the forums merge may be as messy as discord. (clans, updates, news, timezones, competitions etc) I prefer splitting server so Clans and people with server problems have a easier time.

Still, this is the most active we’ve ever been. Thanks guys. I’ll be posting maybe a couple of guides after my exams.

Edited by awesome_guy290, 02 August 2021 - 07:55 AM.

Lord_Melchett #10 Posted 03 August 2021 - 06:34 AM

First Lieutenant

• 44968 battles
  • [1914]
There are probably a few lurkers who will chime in on a thread if there is something to say ...

TinDingo #11 Posted 15 August 2021 - 11:30 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 27612 battles
  • [OVR50]

View PostLord_Melchett, on 03 August 2021 - 06:34 AM, said:

There are probably a few lurkers who will chime in on a thread if there is something to say ...

I am a "lurker", but I have nothing interesting to say at this time.

At least nothing WG would want me to say.

Every system is perfectly designed to produce exactly the results that it produces

TankKilla2 #12 Posted 17 August 2021 - 02:59 AM

Captain

• 8958 battles
  • [BIA3]

View PostTinDingo, on 15 August 2021 - 09:30 PM, said:

I am a "lurker", but I have nothing interesting to say at this time.

At least nothing WG would want me to say.

well you can't say anything on the EU forum against WG, that's for sure. in fact you can't even say anything the moderator doesn't like. he rules with an iron fist.

what can we do to revive this forum?

Edited by TankKilla2, 17 August 2021 - 09:17 PM.

When I'm the best player on the team it aint my fault if we lose!

Dragonfly_M3 #13 Posted 20 August 2021 - 03:49 PM

Corporal

• 5434 battles
  • [PARA-]

View PostTankKilla2, on 17 August 2021 - 02:59 AM, said:

well you can't say anything on the EU forum against WG, that's for sure. in fact you can't even say anything the moderator doesn't like. he rules with an iron fist.

what can we do to revive this forum?

one reason i think that the forum is not very popular is also that it be very hard to register.. fer me it was. getting directed to other sites and all. if not fer that i would have used the forum since quite some time ago. and after the discord server i did not think of tryin to join the server till today again. i dont know why i wanted to however. maybe because i was bored :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users