Help with the Chi To

help japanese line medium

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Srgtbrad #1 Posted 24 April 2021 - 10:35 AM

Private

• 1668 battles

As I was sick of the same derp-it-all playstyle of the IS-3, I decided to actually branch out a little.
Tried the British heavy tank line, and absolutely loved the Churchill VII.
Went through the German medium link, got myself the Panther, which feel and shoots awesome. Of course, it does have the bouncy front plate.

And then, I think about going through the Japanese line. Just for the Chi -ri (autoloader go pew pew).
The Chi-to is a total nightmare for me. Maybe its just me.
Of course it has NO armor. The dpm is great. All that's fine. But even though I do win some matches, I don't get to do much damage. Not to mention I die often.
I usually play it as a heavy support, and sometimes wolf pack with other meds/lights. It does have its 10 degrees of depression, but I can't pull off shots from the ridges before showing my juicy turret and hull. Not to mention the mobility is nothing to write home about.
Any tips?

PANPAKAPAAAN2427 #2 Posted 25 April 2021 - 05:48 PM

Staff Sergeant

• 683 battles
  • [TDAF]

Well the Japanese tech tree are more of a high skilled line though that shouldn't stop you from trying them out. I enjoyed the STA-1 and love the hell out of my STB-1.

I usually Keep to ridges and support and it has worked out for me. Also playing the Chi-Ri in the current T7 meta is not going to be fun with all the Anni and Smasher spam so you're going to have to be more careful and selective of tanks to engage with if you just want to grind for that tank only. 

"Okay, It's my turn to taste you now"- Prinz Eugen AL.  

Leader of the Tea drinkers and Anime fan clan.

Survived two years of Blitz.

JeanneThiccWaifu #3 Posted 04 May 2021 - 07:54 AM

Captain

• 38651 battles
  • [FEAST]

Chi-To is probably the weakest and the most boring of all current Tier VI Mediums
Gun has pathetic value and dmg 

The Tank is speed is subpar
Thin Armor (150mm Guns Food)
also and most importantly, playstyle that didnt reward you with anything, usually if you manage to utilize a tank that is Hard to use/need skill/basic understanding of game mechanics to play (e.g panther, Centurion, Churchill) it will be very satisfying and rewarding, but with Chi-To you just,.... suffer , you need to depend too much to the team not to mention if you getting uptiered, if you still insist on grinding Japanese MT line, bring platoon m8 to cover your back, and hopefully carry you.for the entire Grind

Just.,Just  Play Fallout., this gaem succ balls

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users