The MM

Team matchmaking

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

FiveDemandsNotOneLess #1 Posted 21 March 2021 - 10:06 AM

Corporal

• 32700 battles
  • [IRGC]

Since using win rate to match player in MM is not that possible. 

I have a idea . Instead off use win rate to match , I suggest WG should show all players win rate during the match , so that we can know who can trust and rely . It's just a short solution . How ever , waiting WG to change MM is too time consuming .  What did you think ?

awesome_guy290 #2 Posted 21 March 2021 - 01:27 PM

Sergeant

• 4144 battles
  • [BOGAN]

View PostFiveDemandsNotOneLess, on 21 March 2021 - 06:06 PM, said:

I have a idea . Instead off use win rate to match , I suggest WG should show all players win rate during the match , so that we can know who can trust and rely . It's just a short solution . How ever , waiting WG to change MM is too time consuming .  What did you think ?

Ah yes, even more stat shaming

ankitgusai19 #3 Posted 22 March 2021 - 06:43 AM

First Lieutenant

• 58127 battles
  • [SMRT]

As stated by WG devs, there are rating-battles for skill-based mm. The random queue will stay as it is. 

I tend to agree with them.

why so?

The SEA server population makes it hard to effectively implement a good strategy. Even in rating-battles, the spread has to be so wide that, practically, players with 3500 rating plays with 5000 rating player. The same will happen if the random queue is implemented based on WR. At a time there won't be enough players with 55%+ WR for any good player to get a decent MM.

The random mm actually produces more variety in gameplay compared to WR-based mm, with WR-based mm it will become monotonous after 15 days, all games will turn out sort of the same.

Besides, over a long period of time(3-6 months) all active players will average out in a narrow WR band, then the mm will make no sense.

I still enjoy the game with player quality gone sh*tier, I just do what is needed, form a strategy, and try to carry the game. Of course, I lose a lot of easily winnable games but that fine I don't get frustrated or anything, I play till I enjoy it and then close it and do something else.

Leodk1ng #4 Posted 22 March 2021 - 11:54 PM

Corporal

• 15833 battles
  • [GEN56]

View Postankitgusai19, on 22 March 2021 - 06:43 AM, said:

As stated by WG devs, there are rating-battles for skill-based mm. The random queue will stay as it is. 

I tend to agree with them.

why so?

The SEA server population makes it hard to effectively implement a good strategy. Even in rating-battles, the spread has to be so wide that, practically, players with 3500 rating plays with 5000 rating player. The same will happen if the random queue is implemented based on WR. At a time there won't be enough players with 55%+ WR for any good player to get a decent MM.

The random mm actually produces more variety in gameplay compared to WR-based mm, with WR-based mm it will become monotonous after 15 days, all games will turn out sort of the same.

Besides, over a long period of time(3-6 months) all active players will average out in a narrow WR band, then the mm will make no sense.

I still enjoy the game with player quality gone sh*tier, I just do what is needed, form a strategy, and try to carry the game. Of course, I lose a lot of easily winnable games but that fine I don't get frustrated or anything, I play till I enjoy it and then close it and do something else.

Yup, it's much better to play for fun rather than stats lol. Stats gaming made me so frustrated and stressed when I did it way back then hehe

krad55 #5 Posted 23 March 2021 - 06:07 AM

First Lieutenant

• 5 battles

View PostFiveDemandsNotOneLess, on 21 March 2021 - 10:06 AM, said:

Haven't you thought about the possibility that those "more successful" players "know" who to trust without seeing the actual WR? Do you not notice a 75% player in your team immediately?

What you will do if game after game you will see that you cannot trust anybody in your team? And, is that actually not the same thing you should have done anyway?

awesome_guy290 #6 Posted 23 March 2021 - 08:03 AM

Sergeant

• 4144 battles
  • [BOGAN]

View Postkrad55, on 23 March 2021 - 02:07 PM, said:

Haven't you thought about the possibility that those "more successful" players "know" who to trust without seeing the actual WR? Do you not notice a 75% player in your team immediately?

What you will do if game after game you will see that you cannot trust anybody in your team? And, is that actually not the same thing you should have done anyway?

Yep. Pros almost always flex their legendary avatars (PRO Tournament, Platinum league etc) and have good clans and cool IGNs (NOT player2896913). Def drive tanks with legendary camos/epic camos.

No need for winrate shame or flex.

_Schism_ #7 Posted 23 March 2021 - 06:46 PM

Corporal

• 886 battles
  • [TAWP]
color codes names based on winrate.

Refugee from the NA server

Justforfun_2020 #8 Posted 07 April 2021 - 11:34 PM

Corporal

• 10109 battles
  • [N-W-O]
The noobs are killing this game.  Two simple suggestions can improve this situation.
I don’t know if you have this kind of experience. When an ordinary player with a winning rate of over 50%, want to playing this game well, it turns out that four or five teammates with winning rate of 40% caused him to lose many games in a row, and he was going crazy.  And this situation is getting worse now.
The noobs mentioned here do not refer to those rookies who are really rookies with one or two thousand battles , and means those who have been playing for a long time and still cannot improve their skills.
And these noobs will make this game environment worse and worse.
As a 53% win rate ordinary player, I only hope to keep a piece of pure land for ordinary people.  Two very simple rule adjustments can be achieved!
1. ​Add a limit to the existing rating mode, only if the winning rate is above 50%, you can enter.
2. The results of the rating mode are included in the winning rate.  If you perform poorly, you will still be kicked out of this mode.
Because the purpose of your rating mode is not very clear, many noobs buy high tier tanks and go there to play around.  And your original intention should be to give good masters a space for competition.  After all, not all masters have time playing league.
And  Some players start to play rating mode after winning a game of regular mode, so that their winning rate is always 100%, which is very good-looking but meaningless.

This game is very good but poorly managed and the environment becomes worse, which will kill this game!
I hope WG can think about it​!

Justforfun_2020 #9 Posted 07 April 2021 - 11:37 PM

Corporal

• 10109 battles
  • [N-W-O]
3. maybe made the tier 1-3 don't count into winrate, let the fun players have their fun.  now, u are hard to start a game with tier1-3 tank.

Cyril_Roy #10 Posted 03 May 2021 - 06:54 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 13442 battles
  • [WART]
i find RNG much more annoying than the MM personaly

Edited by Cyril_Roy, 03 May 2021 - 06:54 AM.

NocturnZing #11 Posted 14 May 2021 - 02:19 PM

Sergeant

• 12603 battles
  • [IRGC]
Its p2w, as simple as that, RNG and MM are always in favor of those who throw money at the greedy $%#$%$#%

Cyril_Roy #12 Posted 15 May 2021 - 01:15 AM

Staff Sergeant

• 13442 battles
  • [WART]

View PostNocturnZing, on 14 May 2021 - 11:19 PM, said:

Its p2w, as simple as that, RNG and MM are always in favor of those who throw money at the greedy $%#$%$#%

i have bought 12 premium tanks and some of the battle pass and i still get bad rng and mm.

JK_STONE #13 Posted 24 May 2021 - 08:40 AM

Captain

• 13158 battles
  • [SH4FT]

MM is one of the most commonly mentioned subjects on the forum in all region.

Somebody mentioned removing WR all together will probably make the game more enjoyable, esp for those who are obsessed with WR, DPM, D/K, D/R, WN7, WN8.

You want bragging rights, go play in tournament and win one for bragging rights, otherwise, just enjoy the game.

Oh, instead of tweaking the MM, please do something about the AFKs. I rather the player tried and doesn't play well, than AFK sitting there doing nothing.

Good luck on the battlefield!

erwin10001 #14 Posted 04 June 2021 - 02:53 AM

Captain

• 53297 battles
  • [MAS]

View PostJK_STONE, on 24 May 2021 - 08:40 AM, said:

MM is one of the most commonly mentioned subjects on the forum in all region.

Somebody mentioned removing WR all together will probably make the game more enjoyable, esp for those who are obsessed with WR, DPM, D/K, D/R, WN7, WN8.

You want bragging rights, go play in tournament and win one for bragging rights, otherwise, just enjoy the game.

Oh, instead of tweaking the MM, please do something about the AFKs. I rather the player tried and doesn't play well, than AFK sitting there doing nothing.

It really is amazing how WG still hasn't taken any action against AFKs. Most other online games already have anti-afk measures. 

On the other hand WG allows you to earn XP (and credits, if you afk in premium tank with premium), complete missions, complete special "win XXX games" events, by afk.

IliekbigBooMS #15 Posted 10 September 2021 - 02:45 AM

Corporal

• 2239 battles
  • [FROST]

View PostFiveDemandsNotOneLess, on 21 March 2021 - 10:06 AM, said:

You can generally tell just based on names, avatars, and camos which of the teams is the losing team right at the start of the match.  MM follows patterns, nothing random about it...like most things in nature.

Also tagged with Team, matchmaking

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users