What Sort of BS Balance is this WG?!?!?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

P36C #1 Posted 25 February 2021 - 11:30 PM

Sergeant

• 30901 battles
  • [ME0W]

Hello commanders,

So the statistics of the new Soviet Tier X medium tank Obj. 907 and the Soviet Tier VIII light tank the LT-432, both of which will begin testing this update has appeared and oh my lord they are absolutely broken, at least on paper. 

So lets start with the Obj. 907. It has a VERY good upper plate, which Tier IX tanks with low penetration, such as the T-54 will struggle so much to penetrate. The lower hull, is not so. It has much worse armor than the T-22 thankfully, as its lower side hull is completely vertical. Shoot it anywhere in the side flat on and you will penetrate, and if its' angled, shoot the lower hull or the lower plate and no problem (most of the time). It's turret is extremely well armored, but that's the case with most Soviet tanks. Now with that out of the way, lets move on to other statistics. It has, with no provisions, equipment, and crew skills, 3233 DPM, which is just slightly higher than the Leopard 1. Oh dear. So much for the Leopard 1's DPM, but to be fair, the Leopard 1 does have a 105mm rather than a 100mm and the penetration is better. It's accuracy is worse than the T-62A, and it has 7 degrees of gun depression. It also has for some reason, 60km/h speed and a higher P/W ratio than the Leopard 1. Good job WG, you've now created a tank which will no doubt be behind a paywall with armor, firepower (apart from accuracy), and speed better than the Obj. 140 and T-62A in almost every way. By better mobility, I repeat, better than the Leopard 1. I repeat, the Obj. 907 is better than the Obj.140 in every way, nearly identical or superior to the T-62A in almost every way, and has identical firepower and better mobility than the Leopard 1 (while having armor). 

Now the LT-432. Keep in mind this is a light tank. At tier VIII it has a ridiculous 40mm of side armor. Therefore, in general, only 122mm guns and higher will overmatch its sides. It also has 80mm of frontal armor, which sounds positively average for a medium but is severely angled, which effectively means 200+mm. The angling is 67 degrees, meaning an auto-ricochet angle (70 degrees)  if using only 3 degrees of gun depression (of which the LT-432 has 5 MAX), or if the hull is slightly angled away from you. It also has 160mm of turret armor, which combined with the upturned soup-bowl turret, will no doubt eat Tier VII and Tier VIII light tank shells. It also has 75km/h top speed, which is better than the M41, and has a ludicrous 36.74 hp/t P/W ratio. It's dispersion on turret traverse is 0.1. [edited], that's pretty much nothing!!! I hasten to add, it also has better DPM, penetration, and shell velocity than the T-54 ltwt. The only thing inferior to the T-54 ltwt is the base dispersion, by which I mean a mere 0.027 difference, negated by the nonexistent dispersion on turret traverse mentioned earlier.  Remember when light tanks had armor, and better than medium tank firepower? Oh wait, they didn't and they never should.

If these tanks go into the game as is, it will ABSOLUTELY DESTROY TIER X, AND ESPECIALLY TIER VIII MM. I don't usually type in all caps, but this is absolutely outrageous. WoTB has not entered WoT PC's unrecoverable cycle of powercreep yet, and WG should keep it that way. Thankfully these tanks are still in testing, so they should be (ohhh yes SHOULD BE, NEEDS TO BE) nerfed. I hope WG do the right thing, but really, what were they thinking when they input the preliminary statistics? Even a noob like me can see this is going to be COMPLETELY OP. I say, go on the YT comments, discord server and let everyone know. This is unacceptable, and it is up to the community to do what we can to stop this sort of BS. 

Edited by P36C, 25 February 2021 - 11:32 PM.

Leodk1ng #2 Posted 27 February 2021 - 12:47 AM

Corporal

• 13713 battles
  • [GEN56]
It's still in testing so we should expect some changes. Same thing happened with the Kran 

P36C #3 Posted 28 February 2021 - 11:52 AM

Sergeant

• 30901 battles
  • [ME0W]

View PostLeodk1ng, on 26 February 2021 - 04:47 PM, said:

It's still in testing so we should expect some changes. Same thing happened with the Kran 

I hope so, but it is absurd that they would completely overtune it even for testing. 

TheBest180 #4 Posted 03 March 2021 - 02:00 PM

Corporal

• 8059 battles
  • [TW_TT]
But yeah to that point of the Obj 907, the roof is actually extremely weak, check blitzhangar. But if a player actually use the 7 degrees of depression on it, it is actually still pretty strong. But in the whole, definitely going to be OP, nothing new tbh. For LT-432, would completely agree with you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users