MAP designs

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Justforfun_2020 #1 Posted 18 February 2021 - 10:47 AM

Corporal

• 10144 battles
  • [N-W-O]
A suggestion about maps designs
As I know, there are mainly two areas in many maps. one is called city,the other called hill. it's all separared each other in many maps like Middleburg. Now, there are many argues about whether to go the city. we will win more easy if we all go hill while the enemies HTs go city and LTs go hill. Thus we usually support all go to the hill(LT way). the city is useless in many maps. 
So it's my suggestion below.
the city will become important if it have some positions can fire and support the LT way like Copperfield. And the LT way have position to cover HTs. that's simple but effective. The tank war need cover each other and coperate.
Hope u can reply .tks.

awesome_guy290 #2 Posted 18 February 2021 - 10:30 PM

Sergeant

• 4144 battles
  • [BOGAN]
Nearly every city area can give support to mediums by 1. Prevent flanking enemies and 2. Support firepower.

Justforfun_2020 #3 Posted 19 February 2021 - 04:08 AM

Corporal

• 10144 battles
  • [N-W-O]

View Postawesome_guy290, on 18 February 2021 - 10:30 PM, said:

Nearly every city area can give support to mediums by 1. Prevent flanking enemies and 2. Support firepower.

Middleburg is typical.  go hill is a better way.  if enemies HT go city, we can easily kill the MTs , and  HTs next.

the larger map is often more separated , small map can cover each other.

and USA , Europe HTs go city will be nightmare facing  GERMAN HTs.   it's just my opinion.

awesome_guy290 #4 Posted 19 February 2021 - 06:06 AM

Sergeant

• 4144 battles
  • [BOGAN]

View PostJustforfun_2020, on 19 February 2021 - 12:08 PM, said:

Middleburg is typical.  go hill is a better way.  if enemies HT go city, we can easily kill the MTs , and  HTs next.

the larger map is often more separated , small map can cover each other.

and USA , Europe HTs go city will be nightmare facing  GERMAN HTs.   it's just my opinion.

So you want a open map where everyone just crossfires each other? No.

STEEL_Firestorm #5 Posted 21 February 2021 - 12:36 AM

Sergeant

• 39715 battles
  • [OXO]
I doubt there is a good way to make gameplay more diverse than just all going on one side. Even if WG add incentive like making the town easier to defend, the team who kills the other's meds by rushing together still wins. Many med drivers don't know how to retreat so heavies need to help them from the start to avoid fighting 5v7. Basically, the all together strategy will always be effective, and making a map where crossfire is easy will just be very annoying. Thats why copper field sucks to play on.

Justforfun_2020 #6 Posted 03 March 2021 - 07:58 AM

Corporal

• 10144 battles
  • [N-W-O]
agree with this the all together strategy will always be effective. And it should be the LT  way in most map.   so, what if a map is all city or hill? That will be fair. LT need to go spot, HT follow and support. This is the normal war I think. some map now make the team dont do teamwork. HT go city and LT go hill, don't help each other.  

Floki_The_TankBuilder #7 Posted 08 April 2021 - 05:42 AM

Sergeant

• 44603 battles
  • [OO8]
all the theory mentioned is correct, and i want to say winning is sometimes depends on your team's ability, your own skill, the ping, the tank composition, and the majority is luck for example (dividing the team) your team was divided heavies went in the city and LT went to hill but your enemy is all in hill aggressively, your LT's team will be wiped out in less than a minute in that case you will lose, one example (all to one direction) you all go to one direction but your enemies are composed of good auto loaders and armored tanks like kranvagh, BC, TVP, t-22, ,E100, maus, JPZE100 but your team are composed of Grile, 2 Fv215-183, fv4005, sheridan, t57, hori and mostly not well trained tanks of course your team will lose no matter how good you are.,, one example (team composed of beginners) you all go in one direction but your team just driving straightly without hiding against enemy shots because of lack of experience they all commit suicide by driving straight to the enemy and blaming you for not going with them,,,  where ever you go in the map you can't control the momentum.,,,

Edited by Fidel_Dionesio, 08 April 2021 - 05:46 AM.

awesome_guy290 #8 Posted 08 April 2021 - 10:47 AM

Sergeant

• 4144 battles
  • [BOGAN]

View PostFidel_Dionesio, on 08 April 2021 - 01:42 PM, said:

all the theory mentioned is correct, and i want to say winning is sometimes depends on your team's ability, your own skill, the ping, the tank composition, and the majority is luck for example (dividing the team) your team was divided heavies went in the city and LT went to hill but your enemy is all in hill aggressively, your LT's team will be wiped out in less than a minute in that case you will lose, one example (all to one direction) you all go to one direction but your enemies are composed of good auto loaders and armored tanks like kranvagh, BC, TVP, t-22, ,E100, maus, JPZE100 but your team are composed of Grile, 2 Fv215-183, fv4005, sheridan, t57, hori and mostly not well trained tanks of course your team will lose no matter how good you are.,, one example (team composed of beginners) you all go in one direction but your team just driving straightly without hiding against enemy shots because of lack of experience they all commit suicide by driving straight to the enemy and blaming you for not going with them,,,  where ever you go in the map you can't control the momentum.,,,

what do you mean by “not well trained tanks”?

I dont see the point of this paragraph. 

Justforfun_2020 #9 Posted 11 April 2021 - 09:51 AM

Corporal

• 10144 battles
  • [N-W-O]

View Postawesome_guy290, on 08 April 2021 - 10:47 AM, said:

what do you mean by “not well trained tanks”?

I dont see the point of this paragraph. 

he means ur rank is not 100% crew I think.  the tanks are weaker than enemies.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users